• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8Bitman's ARCADE ODYSSEY Tournament! CHECK 3/14/13 UPDATE! - March 30th, 2013 - Miami, Florida

Would you like Pictochat added to the Counterpick List?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No, it's Pictochat

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright, so I am hosting this tourney in celebration of me finally getting my License! WOOT!

Arcade Odyssey is an amazing Arcade equipped with a multitude of Old-School, and Modern Arcade games. They have two Restrooms, Male/Female, in great condition, no more repulsive Zero Ping nonsense. On top of these great characteristics, they have 7 Televisions that we can use for Brawl Set-ups. These will all be used throughout the night and allow the tourney to run smoothly. So you can watch/play fun arcade games while waiting for your match. Lastly, they have a McDonalds right across the street, Chinese next door, and other great restaurants. This is an amazing venue, and I hope you are interested to come.

Like them on FB: http://www.facebook.com/arcadeodyssey

It will be held on March, 30th, 2013.

Arcade Odyssey:
  • 12045 SW 117th ave, Miami, Florida 33186
Schedule:

12:00 P:M: Arcade Odyssey Opens
12:00 P:M: Doubles & Singles Registration Starts
2:00 P:M: Doubles Starts
5:00 P:M: Singles Starts (Will start earlier if 60+ entrants enter.) EVERYONE IS STUPID

The rule set shall be APEX 2013 rules, but with a FEW changes.

General Rules:

~3 Stocks

~8 Minute Time Limit

~Items set to “Off” and “None”

~Pause set to “Off”

~Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.

~All infinites and chain grabs are legal.

~There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.

~The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.

~Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

~If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
-In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
-If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
-If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

~COACHING IS ALLOWED.
~Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
-If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
-If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
-These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.

^^^YES I AM DOING THIS^^^

Modified Doubles Rules:

~Team Attack set to “On”

~Double Meta Knight is banned

~Life stealing is allowed

~In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

~If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

(IF you would like to read the rest of the rulings, which only deals with Set procedure then visit this link please: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/ )

Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:

Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

LASTLY!!!

Door Fee: $5, no more, no less. No it will not be reduced even if you bring a Set-up, that is expected and just common courtesy.
Singles Entrance Fee: $10
Doubles Entrance Fee: $20 ($10 Per Teammate)

Pay-Out's:

If 40+ Entrants: 50 - 25 - 15 - 5 - 2.5 - 2.5 (% of Pot)
If 60+ Entrants: 45 - 25 - 12.5 - 7.5 - 5 - 5 (% of Pot)
If 80+ Entrants: 40 - 25 - 12.5 - 7.5 - 5 - 5 - 2.5 - 2.5 (% of Pot)

Pooling:

We will be doing Traditional Round Robin Pools regardless:

If 56-: 8 Pools, It will be narrowed down into a Double-Elimination 32-Man Bracket. 1st Seed in each Pool will receive a Bye.
If 57+: 12 Pools, it will be narrowed down into a Double-Elimination 48-Man Bracket. 1st Seed will not be awarded with a Bye.

ATTENTION!!! NEW UPDATE AS OF 3/14/13!!!
I will be collecting donations all day at the Venue for Mink's "Come to Papa 4", which is going to potentially be a Florida National. These donations will go toward a Pot Bonus for Out of State interest. Please, donate 1, 2 maybe even 5 dollars. Help the cause, aid the first potential successful Florida National in years. =D​

Thank you for reading, if you didn't and don't want to then tough life, the changed rules and votes might just affect you.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Attendance List:

1.) 8Bitman
2.) Ryo_Guikido
3.) Ereth
4.) Apple Jelly
5.) Nick Riddle
6.) Pure Blue
7.) -DREW-
8.) AfroThundah
9.) Seibrik
10.) IvanPCap
11.) C.J.
12.) MVD
13.) GOG
14.) Yos
15.) Mampam
16.) Vint
17.) Pasta1236
18.) LoliLovesRain
19.) Goofball
20.) Ved
21.) GMoney
22.) Jourdy
23.) Trumptight
24.) Dolo
25.) DrowZ
26.) Mike
27.) ExDeath
28.) ThunderFox
29.) AlexRocks0221
30.) SSBBDaisy
31.) B_AWAL
32.) Master Raven
33.) Chozox
34.) Crush
35.) ZMT
36.) Lies!
37.) Kazu
38.) GDX
39.) Snover
40.) P.I.E
41.) Shawdy

SET-UP's:

1.) 8Bitman
2.) Ryo/Ereth
3.) Apple Jelly
4.) Seibrik
5.) Nick Riddle
6.) Ved
7.) ExDeath
8.) THANK YOU DREW!

CARPOOLS:

Tally:
1.) B_AWAL: and all his peeps...

Jacksonville:
1.) SSBBDaisy: Ved, GMoney, Jourdy, and Mike

Deland:
1.) -Drew-: Jazz, KDB, Goofball

Gainesville:
1.) Ereth: Ryo, Apple Jelly, Dolo, DrowZ

Orlando:
Have not heard a thing...

Tampa:
1.) C.J: ChozoX,
2.) Yos: Yele

Miami:
1.) Seibrik:
2.) Nick Riddle:

Money Matches:

~ Yos V. Nick Riddle $1
~ Yos V. Ereth $1
~ 8Bitman V. SSBBDaisy $5
~ 8Bitman V Apple Jelly $20
~ Jazz V. MVD $5
~ IvanPCap V. Ereth $1
~ SSBBDaisy V. MVD $5
~ Ereth V. 8Bitman $1
~ SandTru V. 8Bitman $5
~ 8Bitman V. Master Raven $1
~ IvanPCap V. -Drew- $1
~ IvanPCap V. Yos $1
~
~
~

Commentators Interested:

1.) Nick Riddle
2.) IvanPCap
3.) ThunderFox
4.) AlexRocks0221
5.) MVD
6.) Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, True Blue...
7.)

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I can probably make it

we did mid tier doubles last weekend here in gainesville and I don't think too many people enjoyed it. Except for ed and trump lol

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Maybe doubles will happen this time
If so my vote goes to mid tier.

Looks good

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
All MK if I attend.
So..... Not Mid-Tier Doubles???

lol 8bitman $100 MM?
Lol don't waste your money like that Dylan. I have learned the R.O.B Ditto since then.

I personally would like Mid-Tier Doubles, but I WANT to do what will have more entrants.

I want you to post whether or not you are going to make it. I want a decently sized tourney, and so I know the turn-out before it happens.

Thank you for being interested CFL.

8Bitman

Smash Master
It doesn't take much money at all. You have a month and a half to save 30 - 40 bucks. If you can't save that much then, damn, I feel for ya.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Please 8bit, accept that money match. It'll make for something interesting.

If you're as good as you claim to be then withdraw from the ATM my friend.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Why is miami soooo far from Orange Park :/

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Anyone car pooling to this from Jax?

8Bitman

Smash Master
Daisy, Carpool with people and get housed by SFL, this is gunna be a big tourney!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'll be here.

If anyone is possibly interested in a carpool, let me know. I'm leaving from Deland (an hour west of Orlando) and I'll be needing gas money.

Also, if me and whoever came up Thursday night or Friday who could we get housing with?

Seibrik? ;)

AfroQT

Smash Master
Can't play gay in melee haha also im attending this AND on top of that I voted YES for pictochat counterpick I ****in love brawl.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Wow, you live so far Awal. All of the housing for you, bro. Come down like a day or two early and chill with someone and train. If not, just make sure to bring all of Tally with you. =)

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright everyone, I want to help schedule Carpools now.

I too need people to bring in Set-Up's. I need 4 more!

I will post a Carpool list on the second/reserved post. Everyone please help other Floridians make this. It WILL be a 60+ person tourney.

Top Bottom