• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 8 Player Smash (Almost) Confirmed!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This would explain why a few of the Wii U stages seem so big; they're meant to accomodate this. However, I notice "choose a Mii" as the immediately following voice clip; what if it's related and the trick to making 8p work is forcing everyone to use a Mii Fighter?

That was an interesting video in general; it strongly implies not only this mode but event mode, special smash, and tourney will all be in the Wii U version. As per "grab the coins", I'm not sure; that would be a strange thing to leave out of 3DS if it were intended to be included at all and could easily be a bad mode finally having the plug pulled.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
8 players matches will be crazy as hell. That sounds like an interesting exclusive mode for the Wii U version, making use of its processing power.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Sounds like a bunch of cool new stuff; I like the idea of an 8-player match, and that would explain how massive some of the new stages are. However, if we are to assume this is Wii U-related audio content, there's an odd lack of anything that could be related to an exclusive mode that isn't a normal Smash variant (aside from Boss Battles, which seems odd at this point).

the8thark

Smash Lord
Why be a downer LOL? I mean I get you have the right to state your opinion but damn lmao, just don't play it
I see your point. And I probably will not play it after a few matches to see how good it is. But is the variety it proposes to have good for the WiiU version? Of cause it is. Just cause I think the game is designed for 1-4 players more, doesn't mean an 8 player match won't be fun for some. If the WiiU can handle it without frame rate dropping then I see no downsides for it to be in, if people can understand it'd be in the game for fun and not balance (as I think SSB is balanced around 1-4 players)

Khao

Smash Lord
Can't help but to think this is the perfect way to make up for the Wii U not getting Ice Climbers.

The 3DS can't handle eight characters running around, but Wii U can? Don't worry, we'll just make eight player matches exclusive to that version!

If this is a thing, we can probably count Ice Climbers out as DLC too, can you imagine not eight, but ****ing 16 Ice Climbers fighting in the same stage? =P

Gamzeo

Smash Rookie
I love playing 4-player Rosalina and Luma battles on the 3DS; it gets so confusing and slightly chaotic with all these Lumas constantly moving and bobbing around, losing track of which one is which and not knowing where yours is.

I can only imagine the immense fun that I could have with 8-player battles on the Wii U. I really hope this is a thing :D

wingo

Smash Apprentice
Can't help but to think this is the perfect way to make up for the Wii U not getting Ice Climbers.

The 3DS can't handle eight characters running around, but Wii U can? Don't worry, we'll just make eight player matches exclusive to that version!

If this is a thing, we can probably count Ice Climbers out as DLC too, can you imagine not eight, but ****ing 16 Ice Climbers fighting in the same stage? =P
How stupid can one post be?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Boss battles!? Event Matches!? Tournaments!? Special Smash!? 8 Player Smash!?!? :surprised:

Be still my beating heart! <3 :crazy:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

Imagine 8 sonics at once. All slightly different shades of blue.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This explains the 8 palette swap requirement for everyone as well as the giant ass Wii U stages.

If this doesn't happen I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

Imagine 8 sonics at once. All slightly different shades of blue.
:4pacman:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I suspect its probably left over data they couldnt push into the final build for whatever reason.

the8thark

Smash Lord
8 Olimars each with a full set (maximum allowed) pikmin out. That's a lot of playable sprites.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Because 16 little eskimos running around totally wont cause lag
Leaving the limit at 8 and not putting a 8-player mode nobody wants which will probably be used once a year from by 1% of the fanbase was probably a better option. And we would've got Ice Climbers. Oh no wait 3DS can't handle ****. So whatever.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Leaving the limit at 8 and not putting a 8-player mode nobody wants which will probably be used once a year from by 1% of the fanbase was probably a better option. And we would've got Ice Climbers. Oh no wait 3DS can't handle ****. So whatever.
Judging by the responses in this thread, plenty of people want this and would play it a lot. I know I would. I think perhaps your anger over losing your Ice Climbers is causing you to make brash assumptions.

Shog

Smash Ace
Just imagine the fun with having couch 8 multiplayer, although I know the current generations doesn't care about that, but some of us do :3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
SEQUEL

http://youtu.be/BEC8m-ckNfI

Point the finger at smash world mode

Look at this

In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!
An element of truth for this rumor

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Need to see 7 Palutena doing her Side Taunt ... And a Robin say " Time to tip the scale" ....:yeahboi:

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
Can't wait for "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" against 7 level 9 CPUs.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
YOU GUYS, I THINK I'M A PROPHET. I literally had a dream about an 8 player mode for smash wii u a couple of months ago. Ever since then I've been wishing for that. 4v4 team battles sound amazing. But in my dream there was a capture the flag mode, and I doubt we'll get that.

ChrisP4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christian.P4
3DS FC
5284-1444-6964
There would be soo much chaos

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Judging by the responses in this thread, plenty of people want this and would play it a lot. I know I would. I think perhaps your anger over losing your Ice Climbers is causing you to make brash assumptions.
I really couldn't care less about Ice Climbers. It's the principle behind it which is the worst thing that ever happened to Smash Bros. after tripping.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Just imagine the fun with having couch 8 multiplayer, although I know the current generations doesn't care about that, but some of us do :3
Couch 8-player is why I'm so excited about this, because whenever I have a Smash night my friends and I always have to keep rotating out. Obviously it's not that big of a deal, but it would be crazy and awesome to be able to play with more than 4 people at a time.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This is gonna be total chaos when if it happens. Smash nights with my friends are gonna be so much better without people having to alternate.
I really couldn't care less about Ice Climbers. It's the principle behind it which is the worst thing that ever happened to Smash Bros. after tripping.
How so? To me, 8-player matches is a great idea, especially with the larger stages. It's going to be chaos but it'll definitely be a lot of fun as a less-competitive mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom