• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Hmm, it looks like you're at North Corel. There should be a sign down at the southwest corner that says "Gold Saucer." Go there. Barret will give a bit of a monologue before you go, lol.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is that what you're playing the game on? I've never been comfortable playing a game on mobile that was only meant to be played on a console. Although at some point, I did considered downloading it on my iPhone just to keep me busy during my break times at work but decided against it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The only real problems with it is that that made it so the L-Stick isn't stuck on a certain position so you can accidentally place it so that you can move Cloud and often doesn't follow the directions in want it to. And also it can get suuuuuuuper laggy at times

:135:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So, I just got my character to Dragoon level 46 in FFXIV.

Yaaay, me.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I see. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Yo I'm sorry this is really late but if you have the reunion mod, you don't have to woory about that - it was fixed. Also guys, I'm back. I was gone for like the whole summer but hopefully I'll be able to rejoin the little discussion going on here.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yo I'm sorry this is really late but if you have the reunion mod, you don't have to woory about that - it was fixed. Also guys, I'm back. I was gone for like the whole summer but hopefully I'll be able to rejoin the little discussion going on here.
Welcome back, homie. That was quite the vacation you took.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Been rather absent from here as well. Busy with work and i'm mostly on the Cloud discord which is heavily active so yeah, but welcome back -m0

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, I haven't been using Discord as much as I thought I would so I ended up quitting. But now that I think about it, I might give it another chance...I hope.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Man, I haven't been using Discord as much as I thought I would so I ended up quitting. But now that I think about it, I might give it another chance...I hope.
When was the last time you used it? It's pretty active at least the few discords I'm in anyway.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Does anyone here play/has ever been interested in playing FF 14?
I'm looking to recruit some friends for in-game goodies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Does anyone here play/has ever been interested in playing FF 14?
I'm looking to recruit some friends for in-game goodies.
I don't know if I'll be able to get to it as it's not on my wishlist at the moment.
Like I started playing FF IX on my Vita but I haven't gotten far on it yet and I recently bought FF X / X-2 HD Remaster for my PS4 the other day but haven't started on it yet. I will play it at some point in time but don't know when.
Overall, I really got my hands full with other games I gotta finish and move on to the next one before I consider getting FF XIV.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Oh lord I've got my hands so full with games it isn't even funny. I bought the MGS HD collection and it includes the first two Metal Gears, MGS3 and MGS2. And on the other hand I impulsively bought Doom 3. I'm terrible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I also got the MGS HD Collection on my Vita as well, which I'm almost done with MGS3 but I'll hold off from playing MGS2 for the time being. The games has kept me from playing FF IX and there are other PSone classics that I want to get as well, such as the two Mega Man Legends games.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just beat the FFXIV vanilla campaign and got my Dragoon to level 50! Now, should I start leveling a ninja, or start the Heavensward campaign? Decisions, decisions...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hello all. I used to frequent this place, albeit rather quietly, but then I quit following since I stopped caring for Cloud. To give you an idea, when I clicked on this thread, it took me to page 158 with posts from early May so that's how long it's been. Figured I'd come back since I follow the socials for the rest of my top 7 characters (Cloud being my 4th best). From what I've read on this page, I'm not the only one who took a break and it sounds like Discord is popular here too. I would make more use of Discord but I like being able to catch up on things which isn't really possible with the likes of Discord and Skype.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This thread has been pretty quiet for over a week until now.

Whenever there's no activity here, I usually roam around in the Robin and Corrin social threads but there is little to no activity there either. Have not used Discord myself for a long time I sort of quit the service altogether.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, I've been bouncing between here and the Mewtwo Social. There's a new guy trolling there who thinks he's clever. Kinda sad really.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Earlier today there was a Dissidia stream talking about various nerfs/ buffs for some of the characters and an official trailer for the new character Ace from Type 0

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Earlier today there was a Dissidia stream talking about various nerfs/ buffs for some of the characters and an official trailer for the new character Ace from Type 0
Do you have a link to the interview? Is it in English, kupo?

So I see. Took a peak at the Mewtwo social myself on this guy just now. Not very "clever" of him, I must say.
Like I said, sad really.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sick of everyone carrying a pocket Cloud. When I'm bad at a match up, it doesn't usually bother me too much, but Cloud is just so common that it's really driving me insane.The game stops being fun for me every time I fight him, and that happens pretty much every time I go online. I really don't want to be that guy who complains that a character is OP or anything instead of learning to fight them, though, so any tips?

Mewtwo is my high-tier main. I find shadow balls are generally really effective against Cloud, but his weight really holds him back. A good read from Cloud and I'm a goner. Earlier today a Cloud with rage crutched out a match by killing me at a ridiculously low percent. Even if my Mewtwo does well agaisnt Clouds sometimes, it's just not fun to fight him.

Charizard is my underdog main, and he's got good throws and flamethrower to take advantage of Cloud's poor recovery, but gets juggled like it's nobody's business. He also can't trade and struggles to live at high percentage to take full advantage or rage.

I have a pocket Corrin. She has the luxury of outranging Cloud with a couple of moves, and I'm pretty good at mindgames near the ledge with her. Smart use of Dair is also really nice for getting me out of juggling situations to. She can't really approach at all, though, so it's really easy for a patient one to charge limit.

I just want to know if there is anything else I can do. Does Cloud have any weakness aside from his recovery I could possibly take advantage of? Is there any sort of strategy I should try to use against him?

And I also think I should mention, I have nothing personal against anyone who uses Cloud, and especially not with his dedicated mains. I just wish he wasn't so easy for people to pick up at almost any level of play.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Does Cloud have any weakness aside from his recovery I could possibly take advantage of? Is there any sort of strategy I should try to use against him?
First, thanks for asking the right question ('How do I improve' over 'is this character op'.)

In my experience, Cloud doesn't like having to be too aggressive. Characters that can zone him out with projectiles and force him to approach have a bit of an advantage. So, as lame as it may be, turtle up with Shadow Balls and defensive play. Punish whiffs, poorly-timed landing aerials, and his abysmal grab range.

On another note, the official complete radio tracklist available while driving around in XV has been published: http://www.ffworld.com/2016/09/30/f...ues-des-anciens-ff-a-ecouter-dans-la-voiture/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Back when I used to play online, I didn't find Cloud too bad to play against if I used Mewtwo, Mario or my own Cloud. Granted, FG isn't exactly filled with skilled players.

I know my cousin strongly dislikes Cloud. He says his only chance against a competent one is his Fox and I doubt he finds the mu fun.

Haven't had the chance to fight a Cloud since I picked up Roy but I know the Robin/Cloud mu isn't too fun. Debating picking up Pika and if I do, I can see that mu being tolerable.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Clouds are pretty rare in my experience although that's mainly because I don't play For Glory everyday, thank the gods. Only times I find those are the ones that actually main him (like myself) so that's no problem for me.

P.S. I don't like being dittoed on after I beat someone with him. I hate Cloud dittos more than I hate Rosalina dittos.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Clouds are pretty rare in my experience although that's mainly because I don't play For Glory everyday, thank the gods. Only times I find those are the ones that actually main him (like myself) so that's no problem for me.

P.S. I don't like being dittoed on after I beat someone with him. I hate Cloud dittos more than I hate Rosalina dittos.
Yeah, I feel like that's the ultimate disrespect, and I HAVE to win.

D

Deleted member

I hate Cloud dittos a lot. I feel a lot more pressured in this ditto more than any other ditto for whatever reason.
I try to avoid the Cloud ditto and play a different character, like Corrin.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In my experience, Cloud doesn't like having to be too aggressive. Characters that can zone him out with projectiles and force him to approach have a bit of an advantage. So, as lame as it may be, turtle up with Shadow Balls and defensive play. Punish whiffs, poorly-timed landing aerials, and his abysmal grab range.
I'm usually good about playing lame with Mewtwo when I have to, but I guess I haven't really been doing that against Clouds. I'm also pretty scared to let him Charge limit, but I maybe if I annoy them with shadow balls and fake approaches I could pressure them to do something else.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm usually good about playing lame with Mewtwo when I have to, but I guess I haven't really been doing that against Clouds. I'm also pretty scared to let him Charge limit, but I maybe if I annoy them with shadow balls and fake approaches I could pressure them to do something else.
Don't ever be afraid of Limit Cloud.
Respect his new tools (mostly Limit Cross Slash's range), but don't get flustered, Clouds a lot of times abuse the fact that you're scared, they catch you shielding a lot to grab and rack up damage, or rolling to connect a Limit Blade Beam.
:196:

15percenttip

Smash Rookie
I just want to know if there is anything else I can do. Does Cloud have any weakness aside from his recovery I could possibly take advantage of? Is there any sort of strategy I should try to use against him?
Clouds like to jump around a lot due to his really good air mobility and good aerials like back air and landing up air. Most of their safe neutral comes from that. They don't like staying grounded because there are almost no safe ground Cloud options (safe doesn't mean not good by the way) for him to throw out in the neutral and his grab is trash. Sometimes Cloud will over extend making really easy to punish their landings hard with an Up Smash (Mewtwo's up smash i super good and spammable)

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I've learned that sometimes the only way to beat them is to join them. Play around with Cloud for a little bit and study some of his combos. While Cloud has very strong moves and the hitboxes can be overwhelming sometimes, he can also be easy to read and thus liable to punishment.

Top Bottom