• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Honestly, I don't care if the Final Fantasy VII remake gets an M-rating or not, I'm still gonna add it to my short PS4 collection.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Is there anyone here who would be willing to add me on skype (my name is pyr0maniacftw) to play friendlies with me sometime (probably on weekends), so I can learn how to play cloud better? Having a training partner is a really good way for me to learn characters, and to improve in general. Thanks!

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I can't wait for FF15. I've waited too damn long for that game to come out and we've finally hit the year. Better pay off in the end. Like if this game isn't better than FF7 I will punch the company back to Squaresoft.

#10yearsofwaiting

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
So after Shots Fired 2 everyone is pretty much agreeing that Cloud is a top 5 character, potentially 3rd or 4th best since Tweek bodied Dabuz and both him and M2K did meh against Nairo/ZSS and Mr R/Sheik.

Opinions?

For me, again, still a bit too early since it's only one tournament and the first to have such strong Cloud representation but he definitely has potential for top 5.
I'm glad that Tweek picked up Cloud. I hate the way M2K plays him (camp and charge limit). Finally we have a good American representative of Cloud and how he should be played. Don't take how the players did in this tournament as ultimatums for MUs though the fact that Tweek did so much better vs Dabuz as compared to Nairo is suggesting that Cloud does in fact have a good MU on Rosa, or at least better than ZSS. He definitely has top 5 potential, will most likely at worst, end up in top 10. Also, we are beyond the "he is new and people don't know the MU." We had Nairo SDI ing down Clouds LB neutral B to avoid the damage. I say that shows a high level of MU knowledge.

I think that it's too early to say that Cloud is a top 5 character, but I think that he has a lot going for him.
Cloud has:
-Absurd range and a lot of power. Sometimes, punishing him can be extremely difficult.
-Arguably the best neutral in the game, if not one of the best.
-Surprisingly good movement and movement options for a character of his type.
-Not too many bad matchups. There isn't one that I consider to be unwinnable, even against the top 3.

However, his KO options lack synergy with each other, his recovery without Limit Break is iffy, and he can be easily combo'd.
I say that we should wait a bit and see other results, but these results show that Cloud might have a promising future as the metagame progresses.
KO options lack synergy? Like dair to FT, or uair. Or Uair to Uair. His entire kit revolves around either spacing the opponent with safe moves, and comboing the opponent at low percentages, ending with a hard hit (usually LB CS). Please elaborate that statement.

If Cloud's up B ledge snapped without limit, and Cross Slash and D smash linked properly every time, he'd easily be top 10, no question.
Dsmash although good at the ledge as a mixup, is hardly one of the main reasons why Cloud is so good. Make his LB CS, uair, or dair worse, and now you have significant nerfs. And if his Up b ledge snapped, he would seriously broken, better than shiek by a long shot. I want Cloud to be good, but not brain dead. Learning how to be conservative with the double jump and how to mix up your recovery are staples for good cloud players.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I can't wait for FF15. I've waited too damn long for that game to come out and we've finally hit the year. Better pay off in the end. Like if this game isn't better than FF7 I will punch the company back to Squaresoft.

#10yearsofwaiting
Ironically, it's when they merged with Enix that most people will point at as the beginning of the "Dark Times."

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I strongly recommend you join the discord and try to engage people in learning the character as well as occasional matchmaking.

The above post should be able to give you the info you need for the discord.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Any updates on new mods for the Cloud Boards (we seriously need it)? I'm inquiring myself, and am volunteering if there is a need for it.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Any updates on new mods for the Cloud Boards (we seriously need it)? I'm inquiring myself, and am volunteering if there is a need for it.
No word yet, but we should be expecting something soon. I wouldn't be against you being our mod. You know your stuff, contributed quite a bit to Cloud's metagame, been here a while, and you've got professional qualities.

Last edited:

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Thanks, I appreciate the compliments :) . I'm fine with alot of the regulars to Mod tbqh, but the fact that someone needs to do it is increasingly evident. But on another another note, I'm thinking of making an extensive Cloud guide, collaborating multiple resources into a single word document.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Who were they?
Tweek(3rd) and M2K(5th)

They both ripped through Winners and got taken out by Nairo(Winners) and Mr. R(Losers) at the end. M2K made both sets very close though and took both of them to Game 5 last stock. Tweek got mutilated by Nairo but he 3-1'd Dabuz and knocked him into Losers the match before. Unfortunately, Mr. R beat Dabuz in Losers and Tweek had to go up against his Sheik.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

KO options lack synergy? Like dair to FT, or uair. Or Uair to Uair. His entire kit revolves around either spacing the opponent with safe moves, and comboing the opponent at low percentages, ending with a hard hit (usually LB CS). Please elaborate that statement.
I feel as though that Cloud has difficulty KOing characters, at least from my experiences.
Cloud has a lot of ways to kill the opponent, but they aren't as easy as let's say down throw to uair to Boost Kick for example. He can deal a lot of damage early percent, but I find him struggling at higher percents.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Thanks, I appreciate the compliments :) . I'm fine with alot of the regulars to Mod tbqh, but the fact that someone needs to do it is increasingly evident. But on other another note, I'm thinking of making an extensive Cloud guide, collaborating multiple multiple resources into a single word document.
I still think one who has extensive knowledge on Cloud would be the one more qualified for the position. But if ANYBODY has a shot, I would vote myself. I have the qualities to be a fairly good mod if given the chance. However, since I don't have the extensive knowledge for Cloud and his metagame, I wouldn't be a good fit. If I do become a mod, I doubt it would be here. But if I DID become this board's mod, THEN I would get cracking on Cloud and the metagame.

Regardless, I'd support anybody as long as they do the job and do it well. I still think you or GHNeko GHNeko would be the better fit. I think the mod of a character board should know quite a bit about said character, methinks.

Okay, I'm done rambling.

Speaking of that guide you were considering making, I say go for it! I don't think we have a guide yet and it would be nice to have something.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
I feel as though that Cloud has difficulty KOing characters, at least from my experiences.
Cloud has a lot of ways to kill the opponent, but they aren't as easy as let's say down throw to uair to Boost Kick for example. He can deal a lot of damage early percent, but I find him struggling at higher percents.
I'm sorry my friend, but I have to whole heartedly disagree. LB CS comes out frame 10 which is faster than most of the casts' tilts and is a stupidly safe move that kills at 100%, even less on the sides. LB CH comes out even faster at frame 7 (which is as fast as link's jab) and kills 20-30 ish percent higher. Ftilt, uair, bair all kill within 120-130% as well, even sooner depending on rage or stage positon. Fsmash kills as soon as 70% if positioned correctly, as does dsmash 20 ish percent later. He has an overabundance of kill options, so I still don't see how you are having trouble. If you were to submit videos of you playing, maybe someone or I could point what your doing wrong.

Speaking of that guide you were considering making, I say go for it! I don't think we have a guide yet and it would be nice to have something.
I think I'll do one! It'll help out my fellow Clouds and be useful as a reference for myself :)

D

Deleted member

guys, I have question for you

have any of you just walked up to somebody and done Limit Cross Clash?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Guys, I have a question for you.

Have any of you just walked up to somebody and done Limit Cross Clash?
That depends, do idlers on FG count? If not, then I've only done it once. I can't even where or when, I just remember doing it.

Edit: Hey, my 1500th post!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It seems that the tier list was recently updated.
Cloud up to A tier.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16bgrOg46NXQSDhhQvn9x59j1yplf5OTgWRoP3JyP0HU/edit?usp=sharing

"Dont have a guide yet"
*Coughs loudly*
Im still working on it guys. Work, personal stuff has kept me busy. Give me some faith :c
I just opened up a thread with the intent to fill it with as much Cloud information as possible. Not trying to step on your toes, I want to eventually have our information compilations merged in the future when they reach a more completed step. No worries, I'm in the same boat as far as being busy. Developing the Cloud meta game is not a one person job.

I could see it working as a mix up. Sometimes, not pressing buttons is the scariest thing you can do.

It seems that the tier list was recently updated.
Cloud up to A tier.
Where did you get this from.

Wasnt cloud in A tier already?
He was.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman

I've not pressed anything waiting for an edge guard and then ran off to quickly intercept with a LB CS. Does that count?

D

Deleted member

Wasnt cloud in A tier already?
Cloud is currently in the B-tier at #12.
I don't think that a new tier list will be made for a while, especially when there needs to be more results for Corrin and Bayonetta.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Just like with the 4BR tier list right? ;]

I get that the 4BR is a "figure of authority" if you wanna even call it that, within our community.

But tier lists are objectively subjective. They're opinions, and all of them should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially since the game is still young and lost of things can change.

That and other countries can have sleeper players that just place well at an international out of nowhere. Pretty sure people considering iStudying a great player now and will hold his opinions in higher regard as a result of BEAST6.

Singapore might give Smash 4 its own Armada. Who knows?

So ofc be reasonable with all tier lists and dont prop one up or disregard another.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TrumpSanford2020
LMAO
Have you guys ever played cloud with like 700 speed and 700 special in Smash Run? Feels great, man. This Cloud could easily be first or second on the tier list lol. Climhazzard goes a little higher, you get some decent drift afterward, and dash speed just feels so.. right.

I haven't really thought of Cloud as top tier. I'd say he's still really new, so it's hard to decide, people like m2K are still using him to test his viability, so he's definitely very new. His recovery is huge flaw that is really going to hold him back. Holding on to Limit for recovery still holds you back because you have to burn it if you get hit offstage. Nuetral is excellent, and he pretty much get's a free stock and any recovery move that's not really fast with runoff nair.
I actually take most of my stocks with dsmash or Limit up b. Limit up b is my favorite limit, and I like using it to catch airdodges (it's hard to punish airdodges otherwise thanks to Limit Cloud's fallspeed and short jumps). In fact, in my last tournament, I think I only landed like two Limit Corss Slashes, how do you guys go around trying to hit that? Everybody plays really carefully when I have Limit, it's hard to even land anything.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How do you land LB CS?

You cut off their options and force them into a situations where your chances of landing LB CS are highest.

That or you combo into it from AC nair at mid percents.

OR you can AD Dair into LB CS.

OR you can just get a hard read which means conditioning and mental gameplay.

OR you can frame trap it.

idk

there are tons of ways to make it easy to get LB CS imo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just like with the 4BR tier list right? ;]

I get that the 4BR is a "figure of authority" if you wanna even call it that, within our community.

But tier lists are objectively subjective. They're opinions, and all of them should be taken with a grain of salt. Especially since the game is still young and lost of things can change.

That and other countries can have sleeper players that just place well at an international out of nowhere. Pretty sure people considering iStudying a great player now and will hold his opinions in higher regard as a result of BEAST6.

Singapore might give Smash 4 its own Armada. Who knows?

So ofc be reasonable with all tier lists and dont prop one up or disregard another.
Perhaps even the tier list itself when it comes to picking your character in a metagame. No tier list are exactly legit, at least for now.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I noticed that For Glory becomes filled with good players whenever I play late at night where I live

Got some replays where I play the 2nd match with some guys after losing either horribly or by own fault for auto piloting and #downloadcomplete happens. Taking time to think after losing a game helps guys

If you want I can put them up

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
How do you land LB CS?

You cut off their options and force them into a situations where your chances of landing LB CS are highest.

That or you combo into it from AC nair at mid percents.

OR you can AD Dair into LB CS.

OR you can just get a hard read which means conditioning and mental gameplay.

OR you can frame trap it.

idk

there are tons of ways to make it easy to get LB CS imo.
I think I hold on to Limit too much, like I almost forget I have it sometimes and I don't use it in kill situations lol. This rarely happens in tournament tho

I need to take more risks with my Limit...

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
In regards to the singapore tier list, it's not the fact that it's from out of the US, but more that it's from a community facebook group..... yes, anyone can vote on that tier list, so you can't really take it too seriously (like Falcon and Yoshi are severely over rated in that tier list). 4BR tier list isn't perfect, but from the list of the people who constructed it, it's all people who really know their stuff (alot more than myself I believe). If you have your reasons, you can disagree with the tier list in your opinion, but that tier list is the best representation of what the competitive smash community ranks the cast.

(it's hard to punish airdodges otherwise thanks to Limit Cloud's fallspeed and short jumps)
Uair is pretty god like for punishing airdodges. When people are above me, I either just flat out jump quickly and uair, or jump, bait an airdodge, then uair. It's not hard to do at all.

Everybody plays really carefully when I have Limit, it's hard to even land anything.
That is the best time to start mixing in grabs. You get a solid 11 percent if you pummel once and throw.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
So I just tried the highlight reel feature for the first time and I don't like it lol

It cut off some good parts like smexy Uair juggles, Limit camp baits, and auto canceled Dair baits

Whatever if when I'm not lazy I'll go back and upload the full games but here are some highlights I guess

https://youtu.be/k-5ctOrq7eU
(In the match before this one I autopiloted way too hard and just rolled and ran into everything. Cleaned things up)

https://youtu.be/fUKrS6aquWQ
(This guy was a tad laggy so there were times I didn't shield easy stuff or just wasn't being controlling of the stage as much as I'd like to. I lost the match before this one because of that and it pissed me off so i went beast mode on him lol)

https://youtu.be/GBY2MHeXfHI
(This guy was actually legit good. I don't know why but I was playing like a god in this game and got bodied in the others lol)

Top Bottom