• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
$5.99 memes, "Bayonetta players are x/y/z", the like

I've barely played this game in two weeks but it still bothers me to read dumb **** like that
5.99 memes are hilarious because all the people actually complaining about DLC characters are babies; that and the idea of having to buy DLC characters to keep up with the scene is also hilarious and generally frowned upon in the FGC. I also dont think that anyone on Cloud boards actually means what they say with said memes.

That being said here is some real talk.

There are some legit complaints about Bayo and Corrin; but despite that the 3rd party DLC characters have really strong options that helps their success so a lot of people cant help but to feel that you need to "pay to win." as there are tourney viable characters officially behind a paywall.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Well there are people who do and it's... really stupid, like you said

Like... there's Sheik/ZSS not behind a paywall on the CSS, pick them if you want to wipe your DLC tears away

I know you guys aren't really serious but that post wasn't aimed at anyone specifically

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just to let you know guys, your current mod/surveillance provider is one of those kind you've been shaming all through the past page: A Bayonetta main.
A rarer kind that actually voted for her in the ballot and mains her out of sheer love for the character, but still.
I don't really mind the trash talk tho, I mean, I mained MK in Brawl too.

Anyway, please let's try to:

• Not get all steamy while discussing our animes.
  • Keep conversations civil at all times.
  • Even if joking, not throw menaces to other users.
  • Even if not intended, if a word that would normally be censored is not for whatever reason, please remove it from your post or report it so a mod can remove it. Consider this a warning.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You'll never catch me alive coppa!

Also no one was seriously shaming Bayo users lol.

Anyone who actually is serious about giving **** to Bayo users, Corrin users, and Cloud users are scrubs and will continue to fill pots for the rest of their smash career.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Just to let you know guys, your current mod/surveillance provider is one of those kind you've been shaming all through the past page: A Bayonetta main.
A rarer kind that actually voted for her in the ballot and mains her out of sheer love for the character, but still.
I don't really mind the trash talk tho, I mean, I mained MK in Brawl too.

Anyway, please let's try to:

• Not get all steamy while discussing our animes.
  • Keep conversations civil at all times.
  • Even if joking, not throw menaces to other users.
  • Even if not intended, if a word that would normally be censored is not for whatever reason, please remove it from your post or report it so a mod can remove it. Consider this a warning.
Hey, anyone who mods the Cloud boards are definitely cool with me!

... even if they are evil Bayo mains ;)

By the way, I had no idea what to call you so I copied and pasted your name in google, found some Japanese fashion model name Kiriko, so that's exactly what your name shall be from now on. If that's accurate then all the better.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Bayo's a great character and I do not regret her inclusion, and you Bayo mains are pretty cool people.

Now, if there's any character on the roster that's going to get my actual hate, it's :4darkpit:.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bayo's a great character and I do not regret her inclusion, and you Bayo mains are pretty cool people.

Now, if there's any character on the roster that's going to get my actual hate, it's :4darkpit:.
I'm not completely sure what's going on above, it might be better for not knowing it anyway...

C'mon, Bayonetta was on my wish list as well (Even though I consider her a "long shoot" character). There really isn't any DLC character I hate.
There was character I totally hate at the beginning of Smash 4's release. Like,:4duckhunt::4darkpit::4lucina::4drmario::4bowserjr:<<Especially this. But now, I think:4duckhunt:are a fun duo character (I really tried DH, and man they are fun.). Dark Pit is now one of my main character, I don't know why, I get good with :4lucina: pretty well.:4bowserjr:is the only character I hate so far...:4drmario: I have no comment.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I never played the Bayo games, and dislike having characters from M-rated games in general being included in Smash, so I have some real distaste for her. That, and being juggled so hard is very un-fun.
Also, Witch Time WILL someday result in me destroying a controller. Like, with a hammer.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
What's this I hear about Dark Pit?
I can't imagine what you can possibly have against his inclusion. Why SHOULDN'T he be in the game lol. If he was going to be an alt, why not move him up to a character? He literally took like a day to make lol. His Final Smash (the only thing that required extra work - somebody already had a model for the Electroshcock Arm) is even cloned. So little work was done on him to the point where he has modeling errors that Pit doesn't. He took NOBODY'S spot in the roster, and like I said, it probably took them like a day to make him (maybe Neko can let me know how long it actually may have taken - he's a game designer (I know they don't do modeling - shut up)) Personally I can imagine Dark Pit having a completely unique moveset using the Dark Pit staff and other weapons from Uprising (if people want Pit's Brawl - esque moveset back, they can just use Pit), but the devs obviously spent so little time on him that it was negligible to the game actual development. He was also highly requested as a character in Japan, so there's that too.
:4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Never could get into her games either. Yet I'm a huge DMC fan (Pre-fake Dante). Go figure lol.

Though I always preferred core RPG's. The Hack and Slash's are fun, but Id pick LoZ or Final Fantasy or Dark Souls (<3) over DMC any day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I never played the Bayo games, and dislike having characters from M-rated games in general being included in Smash, so I have some real distaste for her. That, and being juggled so hard is very un-fun.
Also, Witch Time WILL someday result in me destroying a controller. Like, with a hammer.
I too find the presence of characters from M-rated franchises quite questionable. At least most Final Fantasy titles don't go higher than the T rating.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
My only REAL complaint about Bayonetta is her quote unquote "realizable" inclusion.

Give me one person that can tell me that Sakurai's statement about Bayo being the only "realizable" character out of the whole ballot wasn't total bull****.

What's this I hear about Dark Pit?
I can't imagine what you can possibly have against his inclusion. Why SHOULDN'T he be in the game lol. If he was going to be an alt, why not move him up to a character? He literally took like a day to make lol. His Final Smash (the only thing that required extra work - somebody already had a model for the Electroshcock Arm) is even cloned. So little work was done on him to the point where he has modeling errors that Pit doesn't. He took NOBODY'S spot in the roster, and like I said, it probably took them like a day to make him (maybe Neko can let me know how long it actually may have taken - he's a game designer (I know they don't do modeling - shut up)) Personally I can imagine Dark Pit having a completely unique moveset using the Dark Pit staff and other weapons from Uprising (if people want Pit's Brawl - esque moveset back, they can just use Pit), but the devs obviously spent so little time on him that it was negligible to the game actual development. He was also highly requested as a character in Japan, so there's that too.
:4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit:
It's not him being a clone that I don't like (because I was happy with :4lucina:'s inclusion despite her being one as well. That, and the whole clone argument has and always will be a pointless one.). I just don't like dark doppelganger (or just "dark" variants of characters in general with the exception of three.) characters, plain and simple.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I too find the presence of characters from M-rated franchises quite questionable. At least most Final Fantasy titles don't go higher than the T rating.
A lot of FF games are pretty ****ing serious tho. Even FF7
It's not him being a clone that I don't like (because I was happy with :4lucina:'s inclusion despite her being one as well. That, and the whole clone argument has and always will be a pointless one.). I just don't like dark doppelganger (or just "dark" variants of characters in general with the exception of three.) characters, plain and simple.
I guess - I can't make you like Dark Pit. The "dark doppleganger" thing IS overused, but at least it's the first time we've had one in Smash...?

/not really sure what this is so i'll call it optimism?

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I know none of you were ACTUALLY shaming on Bayonetta.
I just wanted to scoop in the convo :p

Hey, anyone who mods the Cloud boards are definitely cool with me!

... even if they are evil Bayo mains ;)

By the way, I had no idea what to call you so I copied and pasted your name in google, found some Japanese fashion model name Kiriko, so that's exactly what your name shall be from now on. If that's accurate then all the better.
The name is Pamyu, as in the Japanese singer Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (if you look her videos up in youtube, you'll be in a world of amaze).
I would be okay with a random japanese name, but Kirino reminds me of a certain bad overrated character.
:196:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It definitely is a mixed feeling, since Dark Pit's only real differences are two of his specials, and his Final Smash.
Like I've said, I'd love it if Dark Pit was a unique character using weapons from Uprising such as claws and staffs.
Jab: Pretty much his default jab, but maybe with claws instead? He should probably keep the Silver Bow in his moveset somehow, considering he does use it in Uprising
Ftilt: A three-hit combo move similar to Bayo's jab 1, 2, 3 (not the rapid jab tho) with claws
Dtilt: Dtilt could probably stay the same, an alternate idea could be something like Kamui's dtilt with claws (I'm seeing him use claws infused with a firey energy, so they'd have a trail like Kamui's too)
Utilt: Takes his bow and spins it (like his uair) first at a slight upward angle in front of him, then directly above him, then at a slight upward angle behind him (like the first strike, but behind him). High risk, high reward move. Takes a little while to finish and has minimal shieldstun, but if connected does a lot of damage and sets up for combos (especially into bair). Covers a wide area like DK's utilt.
DA: He could have a DA similar to this guys spinning attack in Dragon Quest 9
(For those of you who didn't play that amazing game, he spins like a drill headfirst, a little similar to Kamui's DA)
Fsmash: The three-hit jab-esque combo done with Arms in Uprising, performed with the Electroshock Arm. Similar to Cloud's fsmash in properties. All Arm-based attacks use the Electroshock Arm and make the sound the Electroshock Arm does on hit in Uprising.
Usmash: A Shoryuken-esque upward strike like Knuckles' usmash or Mario's utilt with the Electroshock Arm.
Dsmash: Okay, this one is pretty hard to describe. He first thrusts the Electroshock Arm forward at a low angle like Mac's dtilt, or the first hit of Cloud's dsmash. This knocks them behind him at a diagonal angle, and Dark Pit turns to hit them again with the Arm. He holds the Arm at the same angle that he holds the Staff in this picture:
HNI_0025.jpg

The two hits link like Cloud or Tink's dsmash, but it kills diagonally.

Nair: A spin with claws similar to Lyn's nair
Fair: Similar to Cloud or Mario's fair, he smashes in a downward arc with the Arm. The animation looks more like Cloud's fair, but he does a roll afterward like Mario's fair. FH autocancels, but has low landing lag anyways. Spikes on the lower part of the swing like Cloud's.
Bair: A quick strike backwards with the Arm, very similar to Lyn's bair. Low landing lag and can space well.
Dair: A downwards strike like Marth's dair, with a spin on the end (like after an aerial side b with Pit, but only one spin) replacing the slow animation Marth has during aerial end lag.
Uair: Just his normal uair, but it does a single hit like in PM, making it better for juggling, but it can't drag opponents around like Pit's.

Neutral B: Fires the Dark Pit Staff. The projectile is small (it looks a lot like Bayo's charged Bullet Climax projectile) but has infinite range and gets stronger the farther it travels, to the point that it can OHKO in edgegaurd situations. It charges automatically, but it's rather slow for a charge (something like 15 or 20 seconds). If used uncharged, it's comparable to Fox's lasers.
Side B: A combo attack with claws and bow like Cross Slash or Dancing Blade. It can be angled like Marth's side b, but only has two strikes. First strikes use claws and seconds strikes use the bow.
Down B: Jetstream Orbitars fly around him, deflecting projectiles and creating a powerful windbox.
Up B: Power of Flight
Final Smash: Similar to Snake's Final Smash, Dark Pit flies into the foreground, creating an Uprising air battle-esque interface with Dark Pit's wings glowing with power. A fires the Staff, you move by moving, and you get ten shots or 30 seconds before the FS ends (unlike in Uprising the shots don't have to charge - you get full-charged shots every time).

Pummel: Faster than Pit's but deals less damage
Fthrow: A powerful gut punch from the Electroshock Arm sends them flying. A kill throw with high knockback scaling, but low base knockback. Kills around 150 from center stage. Has a lot of endlag, making it impossible to combo with.
Bthrow: Puts the opponent behind him and stabs them through with a claw, like Shulk's bthrow. Doesn't do a lot of damage, but can combo into DA or nuetral b at lower percents.
Uthrow: Throws them up and shoots them with the Dark Pit Staff, like Lyn's uthrow. The shot cannot be avoided by DI and the throw+the shot kills around 180.
Dthrow: Throws them down and slashes them with claws in a similar animation to Lyn's dthrow. Has an angle like Mario's dthrow at mid percents, allowing it to combo into fair spike at low percents. Not very useful after 40-ish percent however.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got nothing against Bayonetta because I really like her and her games.
Dark Pit is in Smash because Sakurai put him there, regardless of whether or not he's a clone.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I used to be kind of against Bayonetta coming to Smash Bros; I could see why people wanted her in. She has a lot of combos and other nifty tricks up her sleeve. I didn't want her in, though because I felt it would be a bit unfitting for a character like her to be in Smash. I know that we had Snake, but Snake was just violent not overly sexual. Sexualization is (correct me if I'm wrong) a main part of Bayonetta's character. I think the sexualization in Bayonetta's pretty funny because it's SO over-the-top, but I didn't think that was going to work in a game suited for children 10 and up.

My mind quickly changed as soon as I saw Bayonetta's trailer. I was actually amazed that they found a way to make her work. Now, I think she's a pretty fun character to watch and play, but I'd rather play as other characters. I went from kinda against to neutral on Bayonetta now. I haven't played any Bayonetta games, which is why I'm not super excited for her. However, I am very happy for the people who voted for her. I would've been excited if one of my unexpected characters made it to Smash too. I'm sure everyone would be excited if one of their 'pipe dream' characters got into Smash, haha.

Dark Pit and Lucina: Yeah they could have been a lot more creative here, but they didn't take any slots so I don't see anything wrong here. Characters in Smash are planned since the beginning of development; if your character didn't get in, it was most likely because Sakurai just didn't plan for them to be in. Rarely would a character be planned and not put into the game. Chrom, Mach Rider and Excite Biker I think were some of the only characters that were planned at some point, but didn't make it past the final cut.

Speaking of clones, any reason why the Smash community is so hostile towards them? Don't other fighting games have clones too? How come the fans of those games don't complain as much about clones? Maybe they do complain and I just haven't been aware, I dunno.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I used to be kind of against Bayonetta coming to Smash Bros; I could see why people wanted her in. She has a lot of combos and other nifty tricks up her sleeve. I didn't want her in, though because I felt it would be a bit unfitting for a character like her to be in Smash. I know that we had Snake, but Snake was just violent not overly sexual. Sexualization is (correct me if I'm wrong) a main part of Bayonetta's character. I think the sexualization in Bayonetta's pretty funny because it's SO over-the-top, but I didn't think that was going to work in a game suited for children 10 and up.

My mind quickly changed as soon as I saw Bayonetta's trailer. I was actually amazed that they found a way to make her work. Now, I think she's a pretty fun character to watch and play, but I'd rather play as other characters. I went from kinda against to neutral on Bayonetta now. I haven't played any Bayonetta games, which is why I'm not super excited for her. However, I am very happy for the people who voted for her. I would've been excited if one of my unexpected characters made it to Smash too. I'm sure everyone would be excited if one of their 'pipe dream' characters got into Smash, haha.

Dark Pit and Lucina: Yeah they could have been a lot more creative here, but they didn't take any slots so I don't see anything wrong here. Characters in Smash are planned since the beginning of development; if your character didn't get in, it was most likely because Sakurai just didn't plan for them to be in. Rarely would a character be planned and not put into the game. Chrom, Mach Rider and Excite Biker I think were some of the only characters that were planned at some point, but didn't make it past the final cut.

Speaking of clones, any reason why the Smash community is so hostile towards them? Don't other fighting games have clones too? How come the fans of those games don't complain as much about clones? Maybe they do complain and I just haven't been aware, I dunno.

Here's my theory

And before I say anything, this is from a person who likes Clones

1st Reason: The Smash bros Community if we look at it from a common perspective, or a generalization, is more toxic than a lot of other boards, but that;'s as a whole, not individual

2nd Reason: maybe the clones in this game are just more "noticeable". Maybe because there aren't many button inputs and attacks in this game when we compare it to Street fighter, Tekken, Etc, The gap of Making a clone different becomes smaller and smaller

And before I say anything, this is from a person who likes Clones

Example: other Games like Mortal Kombat (Ninjas) and Street Fighter (Shoto) while they may share some attacks, and sometimes cosmetic, they have enough differences that it basically creates a new definition of clones if we were to compare it to this game

Smash bros Clones: Barely any changes moveset wise, And in some cases (Dark Pit) might not have much cosmetic changes

Other Fighting games: May have little cosmetic changes (Mortal kombat) but 99% percent of the time are different enough to be considered by smash's definition of Semi-clones, which does not have much hate compared to Full-blown clones

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Exactly. If I had a 13-year-old son, I would probably be okay with him playing the first Metal Gear Solid, but there's no way I'd ever let him play any of the Bayonetta games under my roof.
I mean, there are M-rated games, and then there are M-rated games.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
@Clones I've actually heard that clones in other fighting games are literally almost the same, whereas Smash clones are much more diverse. Let's not count Lucina and Dark Pit in this as they are literally alternate costumes. Doc, for example, is very different, despite having a similar moveset. Tbh I really don't know what the Smash community has against clones. The argument "But they could have had a unique moveset!" is invalid because they probably wouldn't have gotten in at all if a unique moveset had to be made (with the possible exception of Melee Ganondorf). It my also be because there are a lot more perceived clones in Smash (due to the toxicity of the communtity that 7 mentioned). I'm getting REALLY sick of people calling Wolf and Lucas clones especially. THEY ARE NOT CLONES. Wolf has literally 0 moves shared by his "counterpart" and Lucas has few as well.

On Bayonetta: Rosalina looks better than she does, and Rosa doesn't even have to try
:rosalina::rosalina:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Late on the convo I wanted to join in but work kept me from doing so. Enjoyed TTGL and haven't watched the other anime. Not much of an anime watcher in general though my favourite is Rozen Maiden.

In regards to clones, I'm cool with them especially since my main from Melee is a clone and my Brawl main was a 'clone'. I also enjoy DP's personality more than Pit's so I'm cool with him. The only clone I have a problem with is Lucina and my problem with her is the logic behind her inclusion. Chrom wasn't added due to being too similar to Ike. He then gets put in as part of Robin's Final Smash and they even go so far as to joke about his lack of inclusion as a playable character in the Palutena's Guidance convo. But then in comes Lucina who lacks a single move different from Marth's aside from the lacking tipper/sourspot mechanic. I get that she was planned to be a palette at first and I get that she was easy to make and honestly, while I expected Chrom to be in, I didn't really care for his lack of inclusion but it bothers me how anyone really wanting Chrom, the main character of Awakening, got told no with a reason while Lucina fans got an a-okay. No use complaining though since it is how it is and she didn't take up any major development time.

As for Bayo, fighting her is a pita. I've yet to learn how to sdi her combos and I'm stuck with ai and online for now so not even gonna bother trying. Never played her games and don't care for her as a character. Also disappointed that she won the ballot while my most wanted character isn't even in the game (RIP Wolf). Winning the ballot is a big toll to hope for Wolf to do but he shouldn't even have to :/. And now I either go back to Brawl (Not P:M cuz he just feels like Fox 3.0 there) or wait for Sm5sh for my Wolf fix.

Rant over. tl;dr Rozen Maiden is my fave anime while TTGL is good. Chrom's got an f u while Lucina got an a-okay. Wolf > Bayo.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Considering Meryl is quite literally *****, I think MGS is one of those M-Rated Games, whatever that means.

On Bayonetta: Rosalina looks better than she does, and Rosa doesn't even have to try
garbage taste/10

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Wolf has literally 0 moves shared by his "counterpart"
Phoenix Wright Objection Banner.jpg

Reflector.

Considering Meryl is quite literally *****, I think MGS is one of those M-Rated Games, whatever that means.
Considering you were censored, I have no idea what you mean.
My point is, I honestly think there should be a T-15 rating for games like Halo and Uncharted (and quite possibly some of the MGS's); games that push the envelope for a normal Teen game, but shouldn't be lumped in with really adult games like God of War, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, and Bayonetta.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
@Clones I've actually heard that clones in other fighting games are literally almost the same, whereas Smash clones are much more diverse. Let's not count Lucina and Dark Pit in this as they are literally alternate costumes. Doc, for example, is very different, despite having a similar moveset. Tbh I really don't know what the Smash community has against clones. The argument "But they could have had a unique moveset!" is invalid because they probably wouldn't have gotten in at all if a unique moveset had to be made (with the possible exception of Melee Ganondorf). It my also be because there are a lot more perceived clones in Smash (due to the toxicity of the communtity that 7 mentioned). I'm getting REALLY sick of people calling Wolf and Lucas clones especially. THEY ARE NOT CLONES. Wolf has literally 0 moves shared by his "counterpart" and Lucas has few as well.

:rosalina::rosalina:

Wolf and Lucas aren't Clones...

They are exactly Lucas is 81% original, 19% percent clone

While Wolf is 89% original, 11% percent clone

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm not sure how many potentially censored verbs could be confused with the r-word

I think the topics that MGS deals with (war crime, kidnapping and torture, the entire character of Ocelot, etc) plus its inappropriate content makes it... not at all close to Teen. Its level of warranting a 17+ rating aren't like Halo, which is unrealistic hyperviolence without many other red flags. I know nothing about Uncharted but I don't think it's that bad. Light R/PG-13 level of content if anything.

I'd let my kid play Halo in middle school, but not Metal Gear. I doubt most middle school kids would enjoy it anyways.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
lets try it again

@ぱみゅ

@ぱみゅ

nope lol
ぱみゅ ぱみゅ

I didn't just set up the Japanese on my desktop for Japanese class... No instead I set it up to try to tag someone, already knowing it'll fail. Lmao

Edit: ???? It worked? Son.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of M-rated Final Fantasy games (jumping around a bit) does anyone think that the FF7 remake will be M-rated? If they decide to uncensor Barrett and Cid, plus add blood or something, Cloud could come from a M-rated game. Would that change your opinion on Cloud's inclusion in Smash?

Top Bottom