• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
He didn't win though lol. Did you even watch Genesis 3?
He didn't? Then I rest my case. I just assumed that since ZeRo won the singles that he won the doubles as well.

Nope. Admittedly haven't watched much of Genesis 3. My bad.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
He didn't win though lol. Did you even watch Genesis 3? Cloud is SS tier in doubles compared to Sheik in singles.
And Zero complaining about it isn't going to change a thing, win OR lose.

A good example of what I'm talking about is Mac. Sakurai and Co. didn't nerf his Side B because he was centralizing at tourneys or even on For Glory; it was alluded to being a DESIGN choice.

There are other forces/factors at play here that influence these choices, and they hold a helluva lot more weight than just one person winning a bunch of tourneys.

Smooth Criminal

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
He didn't? Then I rest my case. I just assumed that since ZeRo won the singles that he won the doubles as well.

Nope. Admittedly haven't watched much of Genesis 3. My bad.
Eh, it's cool.
And Zero complaining about it isn't going to change a thing, win OR lose.

A good example of what I'm talking about is Mac. Sakurai and Co. didn't nerf his Side B because he was centralizing at tourneys or even on For Glory; it was alluded to being a DESIGN choice.

There are other forces/factors at play here that influence these choices, and they hold a helluva lot more weight than just one person winning a bunch of tourneys.

Smooth Criminal
That's not my point though. My point is that it's been proven that Cloud is extremely powerful in doubles, so be prepared for a nerf. And if you think Nintendo ignores tournament results then you're crazy.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean, I'm ready for anything. I'm just not presumptuous enough to say **** like that. Yeah, Cloud in doubles is powerful, no question. But, you can't deny that it's not so cut and dry as looking at tourney results. If that were the case, Sheik would have been nerfed by now because of her exceptional singles results.

Not to mention the surgical nerfs to certain team comps (Villager+, G&W+) took a long while to implement, so...

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Fff I'd hate for Cloud to be nerfed. He is one of the only decent sword users in this game and is the only one aside from Roy that fits my play style. If they're going to nerf him, then they need to either nerf the other high/top tiers, or not add any changes to him at all and buff the low tiers.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I mean, I'm ready for anything. I'm just not presumptuous enough to say **** like that. Yeah, Cloud in doubles is powerful, no question. But, you can't deny that it's not so cut and dry as looking at tourney results. If that were the case, Sheik would have been nerfed because of her exceptional singles results.

Smooth Criminal
What's wrong with that? I'm just looking out for the Cloud mains. What makes you think it's better for them not to be prepared to adapt in case Cloud gets nerfed?

Fff I'd hate for Cloud to be nerfed. He is one of the only decent sword users in this game and is the only one aside from Roy that fits my play style. If they're going to nerf him, then they need to either nerf the other high/top tiers, or not add any changes to him at all and buff the low tiers.
Just buffing the low tiers isn't really going to change the fact that Cloud is by far the most insane character in teams. When it comes to singles though, I'd say he's pretty well balanced, so it's kind of tough to say at this point. We should just wait and see how the meta develops, but we should remain cautious.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
If Cloud gets nerfed it's really not a big deal. People who main him or main any character that gets buffed/nerfed will always find a way to adapt and work with what they got. I still play Greninja and we all know how he got nerfed to high hell, but I still use him and manage to win from time to time now that may be just because i'm a character loyalist or that I out smart my opponent who know's?. Point I'm trying to make is no matter what patches they implement into the game if you main a character then you're going to have to adjust your playstyle accordingly... and that's coming from a Link main, every freaking patch he was either nerfed or buffed.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
If they give a damn about balance then they should. Stop putting your name after every post. It's obnoxious and your name is already being displayed ya dip. No need for that.
I think it's fine man. How is it obnoxious? it's just something he wants to do, what your problem with it? I've seen him so often I don't even notice it anymore.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I think it's fine man. How is it obnoxious? it's just something he wants to do, what your problem with it? I've seen him so often I don't even notice it anymore.
I dunno, it just seems obnoxious to me. I mean, is it really worth it to have that copied somewhere to put it at the bottom of every post for something as pointless as your name?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
If Cloud gets nerfed it's really not a big deal. People who main him or main any character that gets buffed/nerfed will always find a way to adapt and work with what they got. I still play Greninja and we all know how he got nerfed to high hell, but I still use him and manage to win from time to time now that may be just because i'm a character loyalist or that I out smart my opponent who know's?. Point I'm trying to make is no matter what patches they implement into the game if you main a character then you're going to have to adjust your playstyle accordingly... and that's coming from a Link main, every freaking patch he was either nerfed or buffed.
I'll still use him, even if he's nerfed. It's just that I feel he has a very satisfying kit already. I'd rather buff the lower tiers if anything, but that's a lot easier said than done I can imagine.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15

If seeing something as simple as a digital signature at the bottom of a comment on a forum rustles your jimmies... I don't even have a witty remark for this. To me it's a tad silly.

--

Being sick sucks. I had a mediocre performance yesterday in a drop-in tournament. But the upcoming weeklies will all be paid now and have more stakes at hand, so I should be able to up my game again and not be sick.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15

If seeing something as simple as a digital signature at the bottom of a comment on a forum rustles your jimmies... I don't even have a witty remark for this. To me it's a tad silly.

--

Being sick sucks. I had a mediocre performance yesterday in a drop-in tournament. But the upcoming weeklies will all be paid now and have more stakes at hand, so I should be able to up my game again and not be sick.
It doesn't bother me that much lol. In fact I probably wouldn't have brought it up again if you guy's hadn't. Good luck in the scene, though.

Last edited:

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've been away a lot longer than I wanted, but it feels good to be back. Anyway, I messed around with Mii Maker, and I came up with this:
Super Smash Bros for Wii U Screen Shot 1:23:16, 4.24 PM.png

Barret turned out a lot better than I thought he would, even though there's not too much to work with in Smash / Mii Maker.

Here's a fun pic with him and Cloud at Midgar:
Super Smash Bros for Wii U Screen Shot 1:23:16, 4.24 PM 1.png

Kinda tempted to see if I can create other characters / FF Miis in Smash now.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
I do to, but that's okay. I'll work with what I got. I think I could make the Turks (Mainly Rude, Reno, Elena, and Tsung) now that I think about it...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's a shame we didn't get any trophies of other FFVII characters in the game. It was bad enough we only have two music pieces for the Midgar stage on the Wii U version, but oh well.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Did you watch Advent Children? Also, playing OG Cloud actually makes me feel like I'm playing as a faster, cleaner character. I've said this before, but I think they didn't work hard at all on the 3DS model in general, and paid even less attention to the Advent Children outfit.
Yeah, I've watched Advent Children and I plan on watching it again lol. When I was first getting into the Final Fantasy Series. I always liked his SOLDIER 1st Class outfit. At first I didn't like the Advent Children outfit but now it's grown on me. I always you the Black Advent Children alt with Aeris Ribbon.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
We're talkin' about the Cloud MU over at the Link boards in case you guys want to chime in on the discussion. Take a close look at what us Links have to say and give it your best shot. If you don't know the Link MU at all then you can try asking to play some friendlies, although I don't have my Wii U atm so I'm not the one to ask. http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-the-final-fantasy-duel.428339/#post-20782973

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Man, I've been away a lot longer than I wanted, but it feels good to be back. Anyway, I messed around with Mii Maker, and I came up with this:

Kinda tempted to see if I can create other characters / FF Miis in Smash now.
This is absolutely gorgeous. What Mii costume is that?
DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15

That blows man. Get out there and kick some ass for us once you feel better!

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Don't know if this has been discovered, but LB Blade Beam can be used to prevent people from grabbing the ledge. I have an example with Captain Falcon and one with Marth:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Original Cloud for me. Which is awesome since hardly anyone uses him.
I like his hairstyle better then, and the more humble Buster Sword.
That, and I'm not too into characters that dress in black. Black is kinda overrated IMHO. :psycho:

I do wish we had gotten a Green variant of his original outfit.
I actually prefer OG Cloud on 3DS, but I play Advent Children anyway because of loyalty to the movie and because I've never actually played FFVII lol. I think that it looks weird for the Fusion Sword to glow green, and it totally fits the OG Buster Sword.

Don't know if this has been discovered, but LB Blade Beam can be used to prevent people from grabbing the ledge. I have an example with Captain Falcon and one with Marth:
This looks useful, I'm assuming it's similar to Ike's Eruption edgegaurd, but it looks less effective due to the shorter vertical hitbox. I'm guessing it's more effective/only useable against chars that stick their limbs/hitboxes upward when recovering.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
So I got this a week ago:

And it's so cute! Ugh, I can't get over how cute his plushie is. He's not as soft as I wanted him, but I do like hugging him and his size is perfect.

I placed him with my Shulk and Toon Link plush for funsies:

And the picture inspired me to draw them together:

I never thought I'd want a Cloud plush, let alone find him adorable. Never say never, I suppose.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608

And it's so cute! Ugh, I can't get over how cute his plushie is. He's not as soft as I wanted him, but I do like hugging him and his size is perfect.

I never thought I'd want a Cloud plush, let alone find him adorable. Never say never, I suppose.
That facial expression is amazing. He looks so unamused. I need to get one of those right now.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
So I clicked on Skyfox2000 Skyfox2000 's location (Midgar), and it took me to a place called Midgar Studios... You learn something new everyday.

Going to a tournament tomorrow!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I need that plush to go along with my Rosalina and Cat Rosalina plushes. Gotta like that face expression.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I need that plush to go along with my Rosalina and Cat Rosalina plushes. Gotta like that face expression.
It boggles my mind there is even a cat rosalina plush. It's such an obscure character... :troll: Also, I love how fat and cute the Buster Sword is, that plush in general is amazing!

On a side note, has anybody read Audlous Huxley's Brave New World? Just finished a book report on it. IMO the story wasn't great, but it really made you think about some deep stuff.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It boggles my mind there is even a cat rosalina plush. It's such an obscure character... :troll: Also, I love how fat and cute the Buster Sword is, that plush in general is amazing!

On a side note, has anybody read Audlous Huxley's Brave New World? Just finished a book report on it. IMO the story wasn't great, but it really made you think about some deep stuff.
At least it keeps me comfortable during my sleep. Sometimes I wonder if it's alive somehow...

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Haha. I'm glad you guys like the plushie. I got mine off of Play-Asia for around 50-55 dollars; I forgot. He's seven inches long, and he has a really big head. You can also find him on Amazon for around the same price. From what I've heard, this has been the first official Cloud plush released by Square Enix. It was probably released for the remake. His design is very similar to his World of Final Fantasy design.

There are actually a few other Cloud plushies out there, but most of them seem out of character for him. He's usually smiling in his plushies for some reason. Also his hair looks weird in those plushies. I bought the one I bought because it looked the most like him in terms of design and personality.
I need that Cloud plushie to go along with my D3 one

Smooth Criminal
Aww, that's so cute! You guys have little plushies of your mains too? Awesome. I would get a Roy plush but uhh... They don't exist. At least I have Shulk and Megaman, haha. As a matter of fact, I've seen Dedede plushies and Rosalina plushies at the malls I go to. I have a lot of cool anime stores where I live.
It boggles my mind there is even a cat rosalina plush. It's such an obscure character... :troll: Also, I love how fat and cute the Buster Sword is, that plush in general is amazing!.
Not sure if you really are trolling/joking, but there really are plushies for very many obscure Mario characters. For example, I've seen Nabbit, Koopaling, Birdo and even Wiggler plushies. I'm pretty sure there are plushies for pretty much every reoccurring Mario character; aside from the really obscure Mario characters, like Wart, there's a plushie for almost every character.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Aww, that's so cute! You guys have little plushies of your mains too? Awesome. I would get a Roy plush but uhh... They don't exist. At least I have Shulk and Megaman, haha. As a matter of fact, I've seen Dedede plushies and Rosalina plushies at the malls I go to. I have a lot of cool anime stores where I live.
I also want to get that Mega Man plush as well. And if I wanted to, I would definitely get another Rosalina plush.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Not sure if you really are trolling/joking, but there really are plushies for very many obscure Mario characters. For example, I've seen Nabbit, Koopaling, Birdo and even Wiggler plushies. I'm pretty sure there are plushies for pretty much every reoccurring Mario character; aside from the really obscure Mario characters, like Wart, there's a plushie for almost every character.
lol, did not know that, the troll face was because Rosalina is an obscure character (and she's in Smash lel), yet there's a plushie of her even more obscure cat form. Just kind of at the weirdness of it all, I guess.

I mean, she looks good tho...

It took me way longer than it should to find a picture that wasn't NSFW on Google Images searching "cat suit rosalina" lmao

EDIT:
You drew this? This is STUNNING! How long did it take you?
Hello, Cloud Social. :4cloud: While looking through Youtube, I found a cool version of Advent: One Winged Angel:

And here is the rest of the album it comes from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2VU6lCHV8M&list=PL5F755E489728C862
They're saying "Sephiroth" right? I always wondered that...

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
lol, did not know that, the troll face was because Rosalina is an obscure character (and she's in Smash lel), yet there's a plushie of her even more obscure cat form. Just kind of at the weirdness of it all, I guess.

It took me way longer than it should to find a picture that wasn't NSFW on Google Images searching "cat suit rosalina" lmao

EDIT:

You drew this? This is STUNNING! How long did it take you?

They're saying "Sephiroth" right? I always wondered that...
I see. I never found her that obscure. If anything, I found Nabbit obscure and they have a plushie of the guy.

Yep. Drew everything in that picture. It took me around six hours or so. I'm kind of slow when it comes to drawing.

Yeah. They say Sephiroth, but I'd always say "Stepping Rocks" because it sounded funnier to me, haha.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

If Rosalina was an "obscure" Mario character, then she never would've been getting all the attention she's been getting these days by appearing in a lot of games, including Smash (which I'm absolutely happy she's in), nor would I've liked her as much as I do now.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
If Rosalina was an "obscure" Mario character, then she never would've been getting all the attention she's been getting these days by appearing in a lot of games, including Smash (which I'm absolutely happy she's in), nor would I've liked her as much as I do now.
I would agree that Cat Rosalina is a little obscure, not necessarily Rosalina herself. She is a "hidden" character in that game, so some people might not know what she looks like with that power up. Even now I'm drawing a blank...Her suit was a dark blue right? Or was it light blue? The picture that was quoted is throwing me off lol

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would agree that Cat Rosalina is a little obscure, not necessarily Rosalina herself. She is a "hidden" character in that game, so some people might not know what she looks like with that power up. Even now I'm drawing a blank...Her suit was a dark blue right? Or was it light blue? The picture that was quoted is throwing me off lol
Cat Rosalina, sure. Rosalina herself? Definitely not.
Her cat suit ended up being dark blue as opposed to her usual cyan color.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hey Cloud people. So I'm a Shulk player looking at picking up a secondary to handle the matchups I have a bad time with - generally the quick guys like Falcon, ZSS, Greninja. Cloud's someone I have fun with, and although both Shulk and Cloud play very differently, I figure that coming from Shulk, I'll already have a good grasp on how to space myself.

Cloud's a bit quicker than Shulk, how do you think he does against fast characters? Generally speaking. Compared to Shulk at least, he's still got the big range and better frame data, good enough data to make some cool stuff happen.

If I decide to run with him, are there any worthwhile resources around for me to look at? I'm not really sure what follows into what, what good approaches are... stuff like that. I'll admit I'm actually about to look now, but hey, if anyone's able to point me towards stuff that helped them, I'm not gonna complain.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Um....

Does anybody know what's happening here? It looks like Cloud is wave dashing.

Edit: Never mind. I'm tired and didn't realize it was just a perfect pivot into a crouch. Forgive me for being such a scrub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom