• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just that Sakurai and Nomura interview about Cloud in Smash and ****. Nothing else too fancy.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Ah, well. Terra and bartz possibly having been chosen is pretty interesting. I wonder how they would have played

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I use to think that if any Final Fantasy character was going to get into Smash it was going to be Black Mage..... I was proven wrong in November of 2015 and glad I was :4cloud:

I've been watching Smash Brothers Matches all day. Mostly recaps from Genesis. I heard a Smash Comentaitor say that :4cloud:was one of :4sheik:worst MU? Sheik can easily gimp Cloud.

I love Cloud to death and all he's (possibly) my 3rd best character that I use but I think Sheik wins the MU.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I use to think that if any Final Fantasy character was going to get into Smash it was going to be Black Mage..... I was proven wrong in November of 2015 and glad I was :4cloud:

I've been watching Smash Brothers Matches all day. Mostly recaps from Genesis. I heard a Smash Comentaitor say that :4cloud:was one of :4sheik:worst MU? Sheik can easily gimp Cloud.

I love Cloud to death and all he's (possibly) my 3rd best character that I use but I think Sheik wins the MU.
He does have the tools to out camp, juggle and kill Shiek early. He is also combo food and can get gimped, so Id assume its like 45:65 / 40:60. Heck, we still need to wait to see where Cloud lies as his Meta develops.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Ive come back from the depths! How is everyone? I must have been trapped in the shinra mansion..
I'm fine I guess lol. Nothing much happening rn, going to a tournament on Tuesday, so that's cool I guess.
EDIT:
He does have the tools to out camp, juggle and kill Shiek early. He is also combo food and can get gimped, so Id assume its like 45:65 / 40:60. Heck, we still need to wait to see where Cloud lies as his Meta develops.
WAT
He does have the tools to out camp
Cloud does not outcamp Shiek. NOBODY outcamps Shiek.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Well, sorry for being wrpng.
Sorry if I came off harsh, I just thought it was a general knowledge thing that nobody outcamps Shiek due to needles being the ******** things that they are.

Really didn't want to be aggressive/condescending, sorry :/

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Sorry if I came off harsh, I just thought it was a general knowledge thing that nobody outcamps Shiek due to needles being the ******** things that they are.

Really didn't want to be aggressive/condescending, sorry :/
Its fine, I was just trying to theorycraft what we can potentially do to fight things. I can make mistakes and stuff. Im not good either so Im probably not the type of person who should say stuff on matchups and stuff till I can back it up. :p

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Its fine, I was just trying to theorycraft what we can potentially do to fight things. I can make mistakes and stuff. Im not good either so Im probably not the type of person who should say stuff on matchups and stuff till I can back it up. :p
I have almost no experience in actual matches with actual players, but I know almost everything about the mechanics of the games. But there isn't much use for that here... :p I still try to contribute to matchups tho, but as I learned when all my points got destroyed by in the Shulk discussion, I should stick to what I know, which is Cloud. But learning I'm wrong is also a good learning experience :D

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I have almost no experience in actual matches with actual players, but I know almost everything about the mechanics of the games. But there isn't much use for that here... :p I still try to contribute to matchups tho, but as I learned when all my points got destroyed by in the Shulk discussion, I should stick to what I know, which is Cloud. But learning I'm wrong is also a good learning experience :D
Ye, I used to know a lot about certain characters. I just came back after Christmas and my everything is kinda meh. Been playing Cloud exclusively and I still feel bad at playing him. Lol

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Ye, I used to know a lot about certain characters. I just came back after Christmas and my everything is kinda meh. Been playing Cloud exclusively and I still feel bad at playing him. Lol
What do you mean you feel "bad"? His playstyle doesn't fit you?

Personally a problem I've been having with my general playstyle (but especially with Cloud) is that I feel like I'm not doing enough nothing. Like when I have a perfect opportunity to just sit back and charge limit, I'll just run in and do something instead. Like take this situation. You're playing a Lucario and have a 3-stock lead with 7 minutes on the clock in a 7-stock match. You just killed him, he's at 0%. You're at like, 50. What is the easy best choice? Time him out. Limit Cloud can literally just straight up run away from a Lucario. No Blade Beams needed, no nair spacing, no bairs into grabs needed. You can literally just run the **** away for 7 minutes. At 0%, Lucario's smashes won't kill until like 180-200%. What do I do? Run in and start attacking, then I **** up my LB Cross Slash punish and can't kill him till 150-180. This brings up the HUGE problem I have fundamentally. SH aerials. I will ALWAYS, 99% of the time, instinctually, I will SH aeial to approach. And I almost always approach too. You'll never see run -> shield form me as an approach unless I'm consciously thinking "I'll do a run -> shield into like, dtilt. It's EXTREMELY hard for me to change my fundamentals. But I seem to be doing okay compared to the run of the world at least.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
What do you mean you feel "bad"? His playstyle doesn't fit you?

Personally a problem I've been having with my general playstyle (but especially with Cloud) is that I feel like I'm not doing enough nothing. Like when I have a perfect opportunity to just sit back and charge limit, I'll just run in and do something instead. Like take this situation. You're playing a Lucario and have a 3-stock lead with 7 minutes on the clock in a 7-stock match. You just killed him, he's at 0%. You're at like, 50. What is the easy best choice? Time him out. Limit Cloud can literally just straight up run away from a Lucario. No Blade Beams needed, no nair spacing, no bairs into grabs needed. You can literally just run the **** away for 7 minutes. At 0%, Lucario's smashes won't kill until like 180-200%. What do I do? Run in and start attacking, then I **** up my LB Cross Slash punish and can't kill him till 150-180. This brings up the HUGE problem I have fundamentally. SH aerials. I will ALWAYS, 99% of the time, instinctually, I will SH aeial to approach. And I almost always approach too. You'll never see run -> shield form me as an approach unless I'm consciously thinking "I'll do a run -> shield into like, dtilt. It's EXTREMELY hard for me to change my fundamentals. But I seem to be doing okay compared to the run of the world at least.
Its weird. I can play the run away game and I feel like my spacing is alright, but I always flub up something new each match. I really love Cloud but sometimes I feel really inconsistant which is sad because right now, hes the best character I got.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
We need more fist fighters actually.
I think we need maybe more fist fighters, but not barehanded/bayonetta(lol) characters. But would Tifa really be an almost exclusive fist fighter? She uses a lot of kicks in Advent Children, such as Fox's usmash :troll:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I use to dislike Cloud's Advent Children Costume but it's grown on me now and I really like it lol. Does Cloud have a thread for Confrimed Combos?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I use to dislike Cloud's Advent Children Costume but it's grown on me now and I really like it lol. Does Cloud have a thread for Confrimed Combos?
Did you watch Advent Children? Also, playing OG Cloud actually makes me feel like I'm playing as a faster, cleaner character. I've said this before, but I think they didn't work hard at all on the 3DS model in general, and paid even less attention to the Advent Children outfit.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really like his Advent Children design from the moment I first saw it to the point that I actually prefer it over his original design.

Which reminds me, why isn't there a :4cloud: icon for his AC design since he has a different pose compared to his default?

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I love Cloud's AC design so much more than his original design, but there's some kind of fun that goes along with having him with his overly anime chocobo hair.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Did you watch Advent Children? Also, playing OG Cloud actually makes me feel like I'm playing as a faster, cleaner character. I've said this before, but I think they didn't work hard at all on the 3DS model in general, and paid even less attention to the Advent Children outfit.
I disagree. Of course it's not going to look as good as the Wii U version, but I think the 3DS version looks gorgeous considering the hardware it's on. Especially since the game can get very hectic and it still runs at a stable 60fps. On the OG 3DS, it even has to shut down functions like Miiverse just to run.

I really like his Advent Children design from the moment I first saw it to the point that I actually prefer it over his original design.

Which reminds me, why isn't there a :4cloud: icon for his AC design since he has a different pose compared to his default?
I dunno. :4cloud: I hope they add it soon, though. All the other characters have their alts as icons.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I'm weird. I prefer his original because he looks much cooler to me. It must have something to do with the outfit, or maybe because of how iconic the look is. I dunno. I just like cheesy anime looking Cloud; it just fits.

I'll give it to AC Cloud though; his hair is fluffier and cuter. Usually when I pick the AC Cloud, I use the sleeveless alt with the ribbon. c:

ibastin1991

Smash Rookie
I've been playing with Cloud almost exclusively ever since he came out, and overall I love his fighting style and his rangy sword attacks. BUT, I get frustrated how weak his Smash attacks are. Or, at least it seems that way to me. Anybody else notice that? It seems like you have to have your opponent be in the 125-150 range before you actually can KO someone with his front smash attack. Maybe it's just me.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I've been playing with Cloud almost exclusively ever since he came out, and overall I love his fighting style and his rangy sword attacks. BUT, I get frustrated how weak his Smash attacks are. Or, at least it seems that way to me. Anybody else notice that? It seems like you have to have your opponent be in the 125-150 range before you actually can KO someone with his front smash attack. Maybe it's just me.
I kill like from like 70% with his Fsmash wut

Also, AC all the way. The coloration on the originals hair is just kinda goofy.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I stopped using AC cause everybody and their mom uses it. It gets annoying whenever a Cloud mirror happens and both players use AC Cloud, and those are still very common occurrences on FG.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I stopped using AC cause everybody and their mom uses it. It gets annoying whenever a Cloud mirror happens and both players use AC Cloud, and those are still very common occurrences on FG.
I think the main issue is coloration of the AC Cloud, It really needs more colors so you can differentiate yourself.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Original Cloud for me. Which is awesome since hardly anyone uses him.
I like his hairstyle better then, and the more humble Buster Sword.
That, and I'm not too into characters that dress in black. Black is kinda overrated IMHO. :psycho:

I do wish we had gotten a Green variant of his original outfit.

D

Deleted member

I like playing FF7 Cloud more than AC Cloud. While both designs are cool, I prefer Cloud's appearance in FF7 more than in AC. I also prefer using the Buster Sword over the Fusion Sword; it may be aesthetic, but I just get more satisfaction from using the former than the latter.

If I fight against anyone with AC Cloud and they use AC Cloud, I will get so confused because AC Cloud's palettes are just the worst. I wouldn't be surprised if people SD'd because of how bad and confusing his palettes are.

D

Deleted member

Zero complained about Cloud in teams...yep, we're getting nerfed guys. Prepare for the worst.
I don't care what ZeRo says because, in the end, he still managed to beat a double Cloud team and a team with a Cloud and Villager with Nairo.
Cloud is just good at doubles because he can Limit camp while he can have a zoner like Villager to help assist him. The problem isn't Cloud, it's just a frustrating team that just excels.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I don't care what ZeRo says because, in the end, he still managed to beat a double Cloud team and a team with a Cloud and Villager with Nairo.
Cloud is just good at doubles because he can Limit camp while he can have a zoner like Villager to help assist him. The problem isn't Cloud, it's just a frustrating team that just excels.
I could be wrong on this, but I find it kinda weird that ZeRo is complaining about Cloud in doubles, yet he doesn't think Shiek, the best character in the game to not be that bad. It's just... strange? He won anyway, so I can't see why he was complaining in the first place.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I disagree. Of course it's not going to look as good as the Wii U version, but I think the 3DS version looks gorgeous considering the hardware it's on. Especially since the game can get very hectic and it still runs at a stable 60fps. On the OG 3DS, it even has to shut down functions like Miiverse just to run.

I dunno. :4cloud: I hope they add it soon, though. All the other characters have their alts as icons.
That isn't what I meant. I LOVE the 3DS version and I'm aware how much it takes to run. It does look gorgeous. However, I'm saying that CLOUD's 3DS model looks bad. Look at him in the final presentation, and compare it to other pictures of the 3DS version. It looks pretty grainy. Cloud's AC outfit just looks bad on the 3DS version. He doesn't even spread his fingers when charging Limit. This makes me believe that not much work was done on his 3DS model. It really wouldn't have taken that much time to add that simple detail. The model is what feels rushed to me, not the game. I only have the 3DS version on my breaking OG 3DS and I'm so glad that there even is a 3DS version, it's just these models that feel rushed and incomplete.

Also, I found something funny the other day. Cloud's 3DS stock icon during matches (not the victory screen; the icons are different) looks just like Shiek's

And Advent Children stock icon when?

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I could be wrong on this, but I find it kinda weird that ZeRo is complaining about Cloud in doubles, yet he doesn't think Shiek, the best character in the game to not be that bad. It's just... strange? He won anyway, so I can't see why he was complaining in the first place.
Well I dunno but dying at 40% just for being hit by Cloud's partner seems a bit crazy. Sheik can't do that. I can see why Zero would be frustrated tbh.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
But Zero ******** doesn't mean Cloud's gonna get nerfed, so...

Smooth Criminal
ZeRo is still the best player atm though. Why would Nintendo ignore him? Either way, I don't want you guys to be taken by surprise if ever they do nerf Cloud. Be prepared is all I'm saying.

Do you guys think the Link MU is fun? I kinda do. On Link's end anyway. I really like MUs where both characters destroy each other. It reminds me of Falcon mirrors.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
User was warned for this post
...I don't think Sakurai and Co. really give a damn about that.

Smooth Criminal
If they give a damn about balance then they should. Stop putting your name after every post. It's obnoxious and your name is already being displayed ya dip. No need for that.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Well I dunno but dying at 40% just for being hit by Cloud's partner seems a bit crazy. Sheik can't do that. I can see why Zero would be frustrated tbh.
I understand that, but he still managed to win in the end.

ZeRo is the best player in the world, and is using the best character. He is using a character that invalidates a good percentage of the roster. He is using a character that people are dropping their mains for. Despite all of this, he doesn't believe the character he's using is as bad as we think. It just feels weird for him to be complaining about this. If you're going to complain about how "broken" Cloud is in doubles, then admit how "broken" Shiek is too.

If he was so frustrated, he could've just said: "That Cloud match was pretty annoying, but I managed to get by; it wasn't that bad."

I'm not the type to blame the characters for my loss; more like, I blame myself for not playing smart enough. Not saying ZeRo isn't playing smart; he plays a million times better than I. I just think he was over exaggerating that fight a bit. In the end, he still won. :T

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I understand that, but he still managed to win in the end.

ZeRo is the best player in the world, and is using the best character. He is using a character that invalidates a good percentage of the roster. He is using a character that people are dropping their mains for. Despite all of this, he doesn't believe the character he's using is as bad as we think. It just feels weird for him to be complaining about this. If you're going to complain about how "broken" Cloud is in doubles, then admit how "broken" Shiek is too.

If he was so frustrated, he could've just said: "That Cloud match was pretty annoying, but I managed to get by; it wasn't that bad."

I'm not the type to blame the characters for my loss; more like, I blame myself for not playing smart enough. Not saying ZeRo isn't playing smart; he plays a million times better than I. I just think he was over exaggerating that fight a bit. In the end, he still won. :T
He didn't win though lol. Did you even watch Genesis 3? Cloud is SS tier in doubles compared to Sheik in singles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom