• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
Anymore FF characters would be a dream come true. Onion Knight, Zidane Tribal, Terra, heck, I'd even be pleased with Lightning or Tidus making it in.
Of course, it'd have to be in the next Smash game, as this one won't be getting anymore characters past The Angel Killer.

I'm free if you need any help. I've just been sitting here testing knockback percents that kill Cloud.
Good choices, unfourtnately I haven't played a lot of different FF games so the pool I have in mind is a bit limited. I would like some Tales Of characters too, it's possible given Namco but who knows.

A open question to any other FF fans here, what FF chars would you like to see in the next game?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A Final Fantasy character of my choice in Smash... Isn't it obvious?
Were you expecting Ffamran "Balthier" mied Bunansa? Well, you were wrong! You...

:p

Seriously though, I'd like, in no order, Squall, Tidus, Lightning, Terra, Cid Highwind, Tifa, Sephiroth, Fang, Aerith, Zack - I don't care if he ends up as a semi-clone to Cloud -, Garland, Auron, Gabranth, Firion, and/or Jecht. Maybe Balthier... maybe.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
If there's a Smash 5, first, have Cloud return as a base game veteran with actual amounts of FF/VII content. :)

A second FF rep if possible, not too sure, I'd take any tbh, but I think I'd prefer maybe Cecil, Terra, Tifa, Sephiroth, Zidane, Tidus, Light, Vaan, etc etc.

I'd love to see how they'll manage to balance Sephiroth

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Going off of Dissidia, he could be a multi-hit-only character which would be neat since there isn't a character like that where almost all their moves are multi-hit. So, slow to average hit speed, but a ton of active frames courtesy of his multi-hits. Example: He could have something like a 2-hit jab combo, but each hit does say, 3 hits making it technically a 6-hit jab combo. That's what I'm thinking for how Sephiroth hits. Recovery, movement, damage, etc.? I have no idea... I do know that Sephiroth could be a Ryu slayer because of his multi-hits and also a Goomba to Bowser 'cause Tough Guy. :p

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I keep seeing people air dodge after using the Limit Charge in the air. You can cancel it just by hitting B again and go into another move right away without having to shield, dodge or jump. Short Hop>Limit Charge Cancel>Nair is pretty cool. Just thought I would throw that out there for those who don't know.

SSJ X Cloud Strife

Smash Rookie
A open question to any other FF fans here, what FF chars would you like to see in the next game?
After Cloud, my favourite FF protagonists are Tidus and Cecil. They're also my Dissidia mains in that order too.

In fact, just looking at the Dissidia cast, any number of the characters would be unique enough to make it into Smash.

Though if I had to hazard a guess, after Cloud, the next logical FF character would be his counterpart, Sephiroth.

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
Sora before anymore. He can have Roxas alt or his KH1 costume. He would be absolutely memorable. Really wish more people voted for Sora

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted a Black Mage Mii Gunner costume. Geno is really, really cool, though. My favorite costume so far along with MegaMan.EXE and Isabelle.

Still hyped for Tails!

D

Deleted member

Watching Cloud dittos is like watching DBZ. Stand and charge up, fight, stand and charge up, fight.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
First and foremost, Cloud. If Cloud isn't in the game, then I don't want another FF character. Like someone said above, I'd like him to be fleshed out with FFVII content.

Then, if they added a new character, I'd like to see Terra Branford from FFVI. Hopefully she has multiple alts with green hair because I know they're gonna give her blond hair and I'm not the biggest fan of blonde Terra.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Good choices, unfourtnately I haven't played a lot of different FF games so the pool I have in mind is a bit limited. I would like some Tales Of characters too, it's possible given Namco but who knows.

Honestly I would love to see a simple 2d game like Smash but all FF7 characters with some other FF games' characters thrown in as extras. Playing as Cloud in Smash has made me think what if it was all FF7 characters fighting it out in place of people like Mario or Link. Cloud and Tifa vs Sephiroth and human-form Jenova or Kedaj. Tifa and Berret versus the Turks. Aerith versus Sephiroth.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Guys, I'm having matchup problems against Cloud. How do I play against him? He's just too awesome.

Also, I'm pretty sure he does have an option against shields at high percents. LB Cross Slash is unblockable

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Guys, I'm having matchup problems against Cloud. How do I play against him? He's just too awesome.

Also, I'm pretty sure does have an option against shields at high percents. LB Cross Slash is unblockable
No, it's totally blockable.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I enjoy Cloud, but I'm not really doing too well with him, which is disappointing, but his playstyle just feels unnatural to me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I enjoy Cloud, but I'm not really doing too well with him, which is disappointing, but his playstyle just feels unnatural to me.
I'm having the opposite experience, Cloud immediately clicked with me even though I'm not a fan of him or the games he's from, lol.
I'm not sure how to set up Finishing Touch though, and his projectile is hard to use.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm having the opposite experience, Cloud immediately clicked with me even though I'm not a fan of him or the games he's from, lol.
I'm not sure how to set up Finishing Touch though, and his projectile is hard to use.
Yeah, same here. I'm also have trouble using Finishing Touch. I get hit out of it during startup, and it's not really reliable as a punish from shield. Imo LB Cross Slash and LB Climhazard outclass it terms of useability

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I want to like him and play as him, but I'm not fond of his recovery and his playstyle just feels really odd and Shulk-like, a character with whom I am awful.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I just did upb landing hitbox-> Blade Beam-> Fair spike

Zero mentioned on his analysis video that Utilt and Dtilt don't kill, but I've actually been able to kill with both of those tilts with the sweet spot
Yeah Utilt definitely kills.
I want to like him and play as him, but I'm not fond of his recovery and his playstyle just feels really odd and Shulk-like, a character with whom I am awful.
Aren't you an Ike main though? I've seen you on the Ike boards and your sig has Ike in it.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Whenever you get a grab on a character, it becomes increasingly more efficient as your opponent's damage goes up because you can get more pummels and do more damage with grabs. Unfortunately with Cloud, he doesn't have any grab setups really, but in lieu of that, he has the Limit Break.

It's becoming more obvious that the Limit Break is a self-sustaining tool, with increasing knockback giving you more time to charge (Cloud absolutely loves star and screen KO's, which he seems to get frequently). With that mechanic, I don't even think his missing grab setups are crippling.

Also, I beat an above average Sheik with relative ease yesterday. Our aerials outrange the hell out of hers, and so far the needles don't seem to be as for sure a LB Charge deterrent as they seem like they'd be due to their low knockback

EDIT: Looks like the Cloud icon got a little bit of an update::4cloud:

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also, I beat an above average Sheik with relative ease yesterday. Our aerials outrange the hell out of hers, and so far the needles don't seem to be as for sure a LB Charge deterrent as they seem like they'd be due to their low knockback
Pretty sure a good Sheik would be using those needles to rack up damage and/or take advantage of the fact that you're standing there.

Still, I'd imagine having range on her is a boon, as well as the ability to make whiffed attacks relatively safe thanks to the fact that everything autocancels.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

SionReaver

Smash Rookie
As for my FF choice, I would have to say Ramza from Final Fantasy tactics but no idea how that would even begin to work

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Pretty sure a good Sheik would be using those needles to rack up damage and/or take advantage of the fact that you're standing there.

Smooth Criminal
Right, but like I said, they're not as much of a deterrent because of low knockback. The other option is loading them, but that gives you time to, well, charge.

She also dies hilariously early

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
-m0 -m0 : I thought I'd try my hand as a Cloud main. I'm going to give it another week of playing as him before I write him off, but yeah, I typically main Ike.

Cloud feel's too floaty for my liking and I suppose I'm more accustomed to fast fallers. In spite of my mixed feelings toward him, I think Cloud is fun and I really want to main him; FF7 is my favorite video game of all time and it feels disappointing to know that the badassery of Cloud simply isn't meshing with my play style, but we'll see within a week.

D

Deleted member

Another FF character in Smash?
There is really one option for me:

I would have been super damn hyped if Terra got into Smash Bros.! Maybe next time with Cloud returning?

If there's a Smash 5, first, have Cloud return as a base game veteran with actual amounts of FF/VII content. :)

A second FF rep if possible, not too sure, I'd take any tbh, but I think I'd prefer maybe Cecil, Terra, Tifa, Sephiroth, Zidane, Tidus, Light, Vaan, etc etc.

Sephiroth's range would be unreal. I think he would be able to outrange Shulk even.

Anybody get a stage spike with the hilt of dsmash?
Yes.
After that happened, my opponent (who was another Cloud) gave up, as if to say that stage spike was the end of the match.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I'm pretty disappointed that Cloud doesn't speak English. Honestly, it doesn't completely feel like him since I don't recognize his voice.

Anyway, I've found that USmash works wonders against depleted shields. Its hitbox starts very very low to the ground so those with depleted shields will be hit due to their exposed feet or whatever.

Top Bottom