• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
Cloud seems to be very easy to gimp by characters like jiggly puff. Also Blade Beam is ok to push you forward in midair so that's cool.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Regarding the whole Corrin thing.
It's ok not to like him, but it's not ok to diss the whole game because of him.
(That, and telling other people that they SHOULD/SHOULDN'T like him is disgustingly fanboyish)

I'm not a fan of Ridley or K.Rool, but I still prefer them over yet another FE, because at least those two.. I dunno, OOZE Nintendo. Unlike Corrin where I had to guess a few times (Persona? Dinasty? SMT?) until I came to the horrible truth that it was another FE dude. It looks just that unrecognizeable to me.

Still, this is by far my favorite smash ever, and Cloud was simply the cherry on top of it all for me.
Nothing against Bayonetta, apparently "we" all wanted her, so hey. And Platinum has been very busy with Nintendo lately.

I do kind of wish I could have gotten Simon Belmont Amiibo alongside Cloud, Megaman, Sonic, Ryu, and Pacman though. :(

Btw, I've been doing remarkably well as Cloud in all single player modes. <3 Time to hit online.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Down throw combos into F-smash and Cross Slash at very low percents, like 2-12% or so.
Fthrow is also good, it doesn't have any true combos, but you can do stuff like fthrow->blade beam/LB blade beam/dash attack/usmash if they airdodge early, and if they shield you can dash grab.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
I find it hard to believe big names like Megaman and Sonic only got one character for their franchises when FE got 6 (I think). I don't care about FE one way or the other, not for or against it, but it just seems odd to me. If I were an totally new player, I'd feel like this was more 'Fire Emblem VS Pokemon and co' than 'Smash Bros the-all-star-fighter.' Also, Bayonetta seems like a really weird addition. It's weirder than Cloud in my opinion simply because of her source material. They added Tails and Knuckles Mii suits which is okay I guess, but if you're going to go that far why not just make the characters? People have been begging for Geno for years so I can imagine if they felt like him being merely a Mii costume is a bit of a slap in the face.

Overall I guess I'm satisfied, I love Cloud more than I thought I would. Had no doubt he'd be awesome. But, again, not one single friggin stage builder update?... :\

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
The Knuckles mii costume makes me really mad. I'm a huge fan of Knuckles. I have an excellent Knuckles costume for Brawl Minus, and I would have picked up PM again had they included him. The Ballot was my last chance to get him in, and I get a friggin Mii costume that looks so ugly I'm probably not even getting it. I would have learned Mii brawler if it was a good costume. But noooo, Nintendo had to put the mii face right in the middle of it and make it ugly af.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
The Knuckles mii costume makes me really mad. I'm a huge fan of Knuckles. I have an excellent Knuckles costume for Brawl Minus, and I would have picked up PM again had they included him. The Ballot was my last chance to get him in, and I get a friggin Mii costume that looks so ugly I'm probably not even getting it. I would have learned Mii brawler if it was a good costume. But noooo, Nintendo had to put the mii face right in the middle of it and make it ugly af.
I bet there will be a face made that syncs up with it pretty well.
But yeah, screw Bayonetta.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Cloud's Up-B doesn't sweet spot the ledge unless it's the Limit Break version. I hope that doesn't become a huge problem. I don't think it will as long as we recover low enough to still grab the edge.

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Are the icons on this site like :4myfriends: the stock icons ripped from the game? If so, do you think Cloud's will be updated now that he's released? Because he looks so tiny. :4cloud: There's also a unique Advent Children style icon.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
So after playing Cloud last night and today, I can say I like how he plays. He seems to click with me and I am definitely gonna be using him more.

I also might be a little late on this but it seems that Finishing Touch has a gust effect that blows characters away from him.

On a side note, I think Cloud honestly has one of, if not the best star KO scream in the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Other little touches I like about Cloud is how the Victory fanfare (particularly the part about the Experience Get) replaces the Smash 64 battle aftermath bit.

And I'm back from trying him out in FG. I did pretty well. Beat a Roy, lost to an Ike (terrible lag in both), beat a Wario, won a ditto, lost a ditto barely. It's fun to see people using him in different ways as we all learn.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I lost to a stupid level 9 Link as I was learning, so I'm never gonna live that down, but I won my first FG match, so I can sleep again.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Idk, the face shown in the trailer looks really bad. What's your problem with Bayonetta? Does she not deserve to win the ballot in your opinion?
Just salty. I don't think she deserves a slot over the likes of Isaac, K. Rool, etc. I don't think she "fits", between her M-rated origins, and overt sexuality, in a family-friendly game like this. At least Snake left his guns and smokes at the door.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Got to say, Cloud is the swordsman that Brawl Marths deserve. He really does resemble that iteration of marth in the archetype he fills: mobile and ranged spacing character. Cloud's nair resembles brawl marth's fair in it's range, speed, and ability to link into other moves. It's kind of annoying to see how some of the people here are complaining about Cloud's lack of throw combos and recovery. Yes, he has obvious exploitable weaknesses (little to no risk for your opponent shielding) but the limit mechanics, speed, and raw kill power Cloud has more than makes up for it. If Cloud did have throw combos/good recovery, he'd be a stronger version of shiek (and who really wants that?). Cloud is perfectly fine as he is. If anything, his Limit break down B might be a little too strong, as it's essentially a wario fart which can be used more than twice in a match, and a little mac punch that can't be lost via getting hit. It's only day two, and Cloud is already looking good. You can say that his future seems to be..... clearing up in the future *puts on sunglasses*.

Edit:
I don't think she "fits", between her M-rated origins, and overt sexuality, in a family-friendly game like this.
But have you met :4zss:?

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Just salty. I don't think she deserves a slot over the likes of Isaac, K. Rool, etc. I don't think she "fits", between her M-rated origins, and overt sexuality, in a family-friendly game like this. At least Snake left his guns and smokes at the door.
I can see that. Personally, I always welcome new characters. For example, all I knew about Cloud when I saw his trailer was, "Oh that's that guy with the huge sword." But I was more excited for Cloud than for Christmas. However, I can see your point that she doesn't deserve to be put in over say Isaac/Knuckles(fanboy)

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I can see that. Personally, I always welcome new characters. For example, all I knew about Cloud when I saw his trailer was, "Oh that's that guy with the huge sword." But I was more excited for Cloud than for Christmas. However, I can see your point that she doesn't deserve to be put in over say Isaac/Knuckles(fanboy)
Isaac and Knuckles especially!
But have you met :4zss:
A form-fitting spacesuit is far tamer than clothing that actively dissolves in relation to the power of the user's attacks, or sexually-suggestive attack moves using terms like, "Bullet Climax."

silverforte

Smash Rookie
First thing I thought of when I saw the Tails and Knuckles costumes:

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Cloud's F-Smash does pretty good shield damage.

I just threw this video together in like 5 minutes because I was bored but it was going to just be a clip of F-Smash on shield originally. The part with F-Smash on shield is at 0:30 if you just want to skip to it. I'm still not tired of using Cloud. He feels so good to use.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I have to admit, I was kinda thrown by Cloud's intro pose. But then I remembered that's how Omnislash Ver. 5 ends. It's like he shows up, just having beaten Sephiroth, and ready to take on the next scrub who needs a whupping.
But man alive, he's just so satisfying to play!
At this point my only real complaint is that the Meteor logo isn't his emblem, and the lack of tracks for the Midgar stage.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
A form-fitting spacesuit is far tamer than clothing that actively dissolves in relation to the power of the user's attacks, or sexually-suggestive attack moves using terms like, "Bullet Climax."
Honestly, bud, the Smash version of ZSS oozes about the same amount of sexuality. You just don't have the imagination.

Personally I'm fine with Bayonetta and Corrin. They bring cool stuff to the table gameplay-wise and for me that's a helluva lot more important than who gets in the game.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

I just threw this video together in like 5 minutes because I was bored but it was going to just be a clip of F-Smash on shield originally. The part with F-Smash on shield is at 0:30 if you just want to skip to it. I'm still not tired of using Cloud. He feels so good to use.
You have an amazing Cloud, my good sir.
First thing I thought of when I saw the Tails and Knuckles costumes:

lol

Also, @Hanku Hirru , where you at?

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud
They sexualized ZSS in this one (and remember that she has the shorts costume alts as well)

Compare :zerosuitsamus: to :4zss:

Good idea, but that move doesn't seem to be safe at all on shield. Any decent human link would have just shield grabbed you after the first one. Though maybe with side B limit break, it is possible to break shields consistently? Idk.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hi ya.

So out of all the dlc characters (even Roy) Cloud been the most fun for me. :bluejump:He's such an easy to pick up character, I love it! Hope I can get better with him though. I'm seriously considering him as a secondary.

Love the Midgar stage. Shame about there only being 2 tracks. Maybe it was a licensing issue?

Now I really need to play FFVII.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Apparently Cloud couldn't break the limits of voice localization. Also, Midgard has two songs...

Not even One Winged Angel?

Bobert

NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud
They sexualized ZSS in this one (and remember that she has the shorts costume alts as well)

Compare :zerosuitsamus: to :4zss:

Good idea, but that move doesn't seem to be safe at all on shield. Any decent human link would have just shield grabbed you after the first one. Though maybe with side B limit break, it is possible to break shields consistently? Idk.
It isn't safe on shield but I thought it might be noteworthy since you can break an already weakened shield with it.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Honestly, bud, the Smash version of ZSS oozes about the same amount of sexuality. You just don't have the imagination.

Personally I'm fine with Bayonetta and Corrin. They bring cool stuff to the table gameplay-wise and for me that's a helluva lot more important than who gets in the game.

Smooth Criminal
I beg your pardon? I have plenty of imagination, good sir. Bayonetta requires far less, is all.
And HFlash HFlash I'm not saying ZSS isn't sexy, but she's not nearly as...flamboyant, in-your-face about it, if that makes sense. I mean, it's the mark of almost every female character in a Hideki Kamiya video game.
But this is all my opinion. Someone asked why I don't like her, and that's why. No amount of QQ is going to change anything.

Yaay, Cloud.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering if anyone is interested in playing some Smash?
I'm a Luigi main, so I can help you guys learn the matchup. I'll also play Cloud, of course.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Yeah...

Bayonetta is weird to me. Outside of the gore it doesn't look like they tried to tone her down at all...

There were multiple instances where I paused the direct and found myself mystified as to how some of this stuff got in. The guns... The various shots where she uses her hair and quite a bit gets exposed... The various bottom shots... Etc... It all just felt very strange to me.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
I was wondering if anyone is interested in playing some Smash?
I'm a Luigi main, so I can help you guys learn the matchup. I'll also play Cloud, of course.
Might be early to talk about MUs, but I'm pretty sure Cloud has the advantage on Cloud if played patiently. The big range and speed on alot of Clouds moves don't give Luigi a reliable in. If Luigi gets in on Cloud, he can rack up crazy damage, but that really isn't anything new. You can add me and PM me for a time to get a few matches in :) .

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Sooooo...

What do you guys think Cloud's playstyle is? He doesn't come off as the aggressive type to me due to his frame data.
Spacing and traps. Rushing in certainly isn't a great idea especially with poor combo throws, but once they're in a good position you can threaten them easily with your huge swings (some of which meteor) and uair.

When you have Limit the opponent has to tread very carefully to avoid being killed or take big damage.

So, I guess you could also say he's a momentum-based character.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Just be glad he appears in some form. Better than nothing at all.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Wow. I was right about Cloud's series symbol lol.

Anyway, I downloaded Cloud with Collection #5 for my 3DS in the middle of night (I still need to upload a few of my replays to YT). I never thought I'd have so much fun with him. I probably won't main him, but I will play with him a lot when it's just for fun

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I don't know how y'all can say Bayonetta and Corrin don't deserve to be in the game. Look at their movesets. They're even more advanced than Ryu's. For these final inclusions, it's not about the name of the character but what they can bring to the game. Sorry, but K. Rool and Wolf don't bring to the game the same unique experience that those two bring, and imo that's why she deserves to be in over a whole bunch of other characters.

I mean, what constitutes "deserving" to be in the game? She not only won the ballot but brings gameplay to Smash that we've never seen before. Corrin the same, sans the ballot.

I wanted Crash Bandicoot hella bad but I can say I'm kinda glad he didn't make it because he simply wouldn't have been able to bring to the game what Corrin and Bayonetta bring.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Anyone else notice that cloud breaks miiverse? Messages won't load in the background for any fighter if he is in the mix

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

im such a cloud pro i shud play him competitively

I actually do kinda want to make him a main now, though. Mario is my third main, and Cloud is sort of filling a similar niche to him for me (Roy kinda does too), and then some.

Top Bottom