• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With all this talk about Pokemon, a series I no longer have any interest in since after Gen 3, I was beginning to wonder if this is the Cloud social.

And what's FMA anyways?

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
With all this talk about Pokemon, a series I no longer have any interest in since after Gen 3, I was beginning to wonder if this is the Cloud social.

And what's FMA anyways?
Fullmetal Alchemist.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Got the new class in PSO2 to level 75 (current level cap) twice. Once on my main character and once on my 2ndary.

Now I just gotta hunt for the new gear.

MMORPGs are such a time sink lol.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
My starters were Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Snivy, and Froakie. I wasn't a fan of the Gen 6 starter choices... so i just went with Froakie... and it was Jolly. I was a little salty

Changed my avi to my favorite Pokemon to celebrate the anniversary! What's yall's favorite Pokemon?

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
My starters were Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Snivy, and Froakie. I wasn't a fan of the Gen 6 starter choices... so i just went with Froakie... and it was Jolly. I was a little salty

Changed my avi to my favorite Pokemon to celebrate the anniversary! What's yall's favorite Pokemon?
Either Raichu, Zekrom, Ho-oh or Infernape. I can't really decide between those

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

The cat related ones.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
What's yall's favorite Pokemon?
Too many to count, but I will present to you my dream team:
Blastoise
Meganium
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Dusknoir
Eelektross

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Eelektross is also one of my favorites. I don't know why - it's not like I like the design or anything, I just feel a special connection to it after I found a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave in B/W2 and I had soooo much fun with charge beam lol. Then my rival destroyed my Lucario with a Flamethrower from his Eelektross and I was like "this thing just got even awesomer"

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Guess I'll hop in on the Pokemon talk. Starters for me are Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy and Fennekin. Huh, I actually have 2 of each type. Granted, I started with Yellow so Pika should be in there and Squirtle, Turtwig and both Johto starters are close to the ones I picked.

Favourite Pokemon for me are Jolteon, Eevee, Vulpix, Gyarados and Muk. Guess I can loosely be called a genwunner although my personal favourite is gen IV.

And yes, the Pokemon talk in the Cloud social does seem a bit odd. Not a bad thing at all but it makes a bit more sense when I see it in the Mewtwo social =P.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Pokemon is either Pikachu or Raichu; I love them both equally, so it's hard for me to choose one over the other. I always have a Raichu on my team whenever I play a game. Other than the chus, I love Gyarados, Venusaur, Espeon, Lucario, Garchomp, Breloom, and several others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Charizard and Aggron. I like Charizard because he was my first ever fully evolved Pokemon.

Aggron because he looks amazing and he's an absolute tank. Mega Aggron even takes less damage vs super effective attacks. He's a monster.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
And yes, the Pokemon talk in the Cloud social does seem a bit odd. Not a bad thing at all but it makes a bit more sense when I see it in the Mewtwo social =P.
It's not odd at all. This is a thread with no specific topic for a Nintendo game and we can discuss other Nintendo games here.
AND IT'S THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF POKEMON!
IT'S THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF POKEMON!
:4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::substitute::4greninja::4jigglypuff:

Some of my favorites besides Flygon are Gallade, Lucario, the Typhlosion line, Absol, Scizor, Hydreigon, Genesect, Umbreon, and probably others that I've forgotten atm. Might update this post if I remember lol.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
It's not odd at all. This is a thread with no specific topic for a Nintendo game and we can discuss other Nintendo games here.
AND IT'S THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF POKEMON!
IT'S THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF POKEMON!
:4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::substitute::4greninja::4jigglypuff:

Some of my favorites besides Flygon are Gallade, Lucario, the Typhlosion line, Absol, Scizor, Hydreigon, Genesect, Umbreon, and probably others that I've forgotten atm. Might update this post if I remember lol.
Odd in the sense that this is the CLOUD Social. It being a social at all obviously means everything and anything can be a topic, it just so happens that the topic is more fitting on other socials purely because the game being talked about has playable characters in Smash =P.

If the game in question was GTA or something then there would be no 'more fitting' Social. Semantics though since it is a social and Pokemon is a popular topic atm.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Well personally I never played anything after Diamond. I couldn't get into the newer games, especially cuz the gen after seemed kind of lame.

I did have to pick up Omega Ruby though. I was able to trade my Torchic for a LvL 1 Charmander right in the first town which was absolutely amazing. That new online trade system they have now is genius. I used to put off other pokemon just because I couldn't have the starter I wanted. Now it's too easy lol time consuming, but easy.

Anyone else pumped for Twilight Princess HD?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
So I literally do not care what anyone says, Bayo's Witch Time is probably the most BS move I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Everything she is... can go **** her sexy self.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Im glad my area doesnt have a good Bayonetta. Instead we have a good kirby. Good kirbys are a nightmare to deal with wont lie

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bayonetta is a pain in my ass to deal with but when I find one in the same skill level as I am, then she isn't much of a problem.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
So I literally do not care what anyone says, Bayo's Witch Time is probably the most BS move I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Everything she is... can go **** her sexy self.
Witch Time is the only thing that's really broken about Bayo, and it's really broken. It freezes you for so damn long, and there's all sorts of stuff you can do to a slowed opponent to kill them really early. I trust you guys have seen this:
I did that to a tournament-level player and took all three stocks with it lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
They cant be good tournament level player if they lost all 3 stocks like that. kek.

The counter play to WT exists.

It's just...REALLY lame.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Bayonetta isn't really all that hard tbh outside of those who know how to use her (obviously). And WT isn't THAT broken. A bit to deal with, but not broken.

If we're going to be talking about BROKEN, then we should be talking about Corrin's Counter.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bayonetta isn't really all that hard tbh outside of those who know how to use her (obviously). And WT isn't THAT broken. A bit to deal with, but not broken.

If we're going to be talking about BROKEN, then we should be talking about Corrin's Counter.
Even Counter Surge isn't broken, as you really need to block a heavy-hitting attack (such as Bowser's f-smash and Bowser Jr.'s Koopa Meteor) if you expect to make any quick KOs. Countering something as weak as Dr. Tornado won't get you very far until the opponent's current damage starts going over 100%.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

No no. WT isnt broken. But WT is ****ing ********. Like massively so.

Even Counter Surge isn't broken, as you really need to block a heavy-hitting attack (such as Bowser's f-smash and Bowser Jr.'s Koopa Meteor) if you expect to make any quick KOs. Countering something as weak as Dr. Tornado won't get you very far until the opponent's current damage starts going over 100%.
Counter-Surge has a BKB of 90 and KBG of 76. It's not broken. But it, like WT, is ******** as **** and both moves should be adjusted.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Counter-Surge has a BKB of 90 and KBG of 76. It's not broken. But it, like WT, is ******** as **** and both moves should be adjusted.
This. They may not be "broken" in a sense, but they are definitely doing way more than they should warrant.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Witch Time is practically a free kill anywhere above like 70%. It's as fast as a Jab and doesn't leave much time to punish for it. Even if you wait long enough to avoid Witch Time (which comes out very fast) you still have to deal with the Bat move which puts Bayo behind you. It's very dumb. Ive watched someone single handedly win sets just by spamming the hell out of it. Huge reward for a small risk.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Counter Surge is NOT broken. If you take Roy's counter and hit it with a fully charged Bowser fsmash, you'll get the same result. I didn't see anybody complaining about Roy's counter. Even the b*tching about Vision has stopped at this point (Power Vision is a bit much tho). The real complaints about Counter Surge should come from it killing during juggles, but tbh if you don't recognize and bait out a threat like that, you deserve to die lol.
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Dr. Tornado's actually really strong in terms of numbers lol. The final hit has the same numbers as Falco's bair lol. It's the minimal damage it deals compared to Falco's bair that makes it weaker, but not by much, it can still kill at like 100% on the edge.

Also this music is like really motivational lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Witch Time is practically a free kill anywhere above like 70%. It's as fast as a Jab and doesn't leave much time to punish for it. Even if you wait long enough to avoid Witch Time (which comes out very fast) you still have to deal with the Bat move which puts Bayo behind you. It's very dumb. Ive watched someone single handedly win sets just by spamming the hell out of it. Huge reward for a small risk.
Which time is decently punishable. Also the effect of WT goes down with each use, successful or not. You bait out 2 or 3 and it becomes much safer to approach as the punishment is less severe.

Counter Surge is NOT broken. If you take Roy's counter and hit it with a fully charged Bowser fsmash, you'll get the same result. I didn't see anybody complaining about Roy's counter. Even the b*tching about Vision has stopped at this point (Power Vision is a bit much tho). The real complaints about Counter Surge should come from it killing during juggles, but tbh if you don't recognize and bait out a threat like that, you deserve to die lol.
The difference about Counter Surge and all the other counters is that the other counters hit you OUT, meaning you have to travel father to get KO'd. They also dont have really good hitboxes on bothsides of them and a bit below them.

CS does, and it KOs off the top aka shortest distance to the blast zone out of any counter in the game.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Which time is decently punishable. Also the effect of WT goes down with each use, successful or not. You bait out 2 or 3 and it becomes much safer to approach as the punishment is less severe.

The difference about Counter Surge and all the other counters is that the other counters hit you OUT, meaning you have to travel father to get KO'd. They also dont have really good hitboxes on bothsides of them and a bit below them.

CS does, and it KOs off the top aka shortest distance to the blast zone out of any counter in the game.
By less effect, do you mean less time in the effect? I guess that's good but at the same time, Witch Time racks up damage fast too.

Playing Twilight Princess brings back a lot of memories. This game is definitely one of my favorites. Im playing in Hero Mode and I gotta say, it's even better. The challenge it brings is so much fun.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
GHNeko GHNeko Sure, but does that make it broken or overpowered? Sure, it has some improvements over other counters, but is it broken? I don't think so. It's much less effective at gimping the recoveries of chars like Ike and Cloud, and it doesn't kill nearly as well near the side blastzones, and it's much less effective at edgegaurding in general (these all sound like pretty much the same thing, but you get the idea lol)

S'up, bawse.

I just woke up now.
How different are the the timezones lol? I just got out of school lol. Did you sleep in or something?

Top Bottom