• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I also found Cloud's fthrow in Advent Children - he uses it to kick Loz toward the exploding motorcycle. The animation is the same, a somersault kick. Thats mad cool
Oh hey I found something with Cloud's forward and back throws just yesterday. Either one of them can combo pretty well into limit Blade Beam

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Oh hey I found something with Cloud's forward and back throws just yesterday. Either one of them can combo pretty well into limit Blade Beam
Just a little late on that... But this "combo" is new to me. Is it a combo or a string? I prefer bthrow because the lower endlag allows you to chase better with Blade Beam and DA.

Last edited:

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Just a little late on that... But this "combo" is new to me. Is it a combo or a string? I prefer bthrow because the lower endlag allows you to chase better with Blade Beam and DA.
Back-throw is more likely a string while forward-throw probably has the combo potential. I'll try to test it out as soon as I can

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Back-throw is more likely a string while forward-throw probably has the combo potential. I'll try to test it out as soon as I can
Is that so? I've always felt like fthrow has to much endlag to even string reliably - let alone combo.

Also, I drew this in art class
IMG.jpg
I know the hilt of the Buster Sword looks off - I didn't want to go back and redo the hands/sword just for that

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Bro with a sword that anime I'm not sure it's possible to notice how off the hilt is

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'm doing well.
I'm taking a break from Smash so that I can play Fire Emblem: Fates. The game is pretty damn amazing so far.
I heard it was fantastic. I just haven't got around to it I was much more interested in the Twilight Princess HD preorder to be honest lol

I'm also coming back into Smash. Not as good with Cloud as I thought I once was lol

~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ not bad, just busy with life, you know

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Likely low to early mid percents. I haven't played in awhile, so I'll need to double check the exact percents.
Pretty sure it never true combos lol. I feel like it's close, but not possible. Besides, it's probably not worth at that percent when you could probably just dthrow -> Limit Cross Slash. Somebody at tournament did say that Limit Blade Beam does give you a free grab on shield, though. Can anyone confirm?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I unintentionally make people salty whenever I use Duck Hunt and I'll admit that it's pretty funny. If they let themselves get mad it's their fault. Not like I was trying anyways.

And while I may be at least somewhat evil for using DH, it's better than Corrin. Ugh, just the thought of that character makes me want to throw the game away.
You main Cloud dude.
I keep telling myself I'm now a :4cloud: main but :4fox: keeps coming back to haunt me. I've put the most time into both of these characters and it's tough to choose who to main and which to secondary.

I originally shelved the :4fox: cuz although I got the tech skill and combos, I tend to autopilot at times. On the other hand, with :4cloud: I'm always thinking more cuz I play a Limit campy Cloud and I bait and punish their approaches.

Yet alone, :4fox: is still so damn good. Which one do I main and secondary guys?
Main both then lol. I'm dual maining Link and Cloud for example.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'm dual maining Link and Cloud for example.
Wow would you look at that, same here my son. Though as of late, I've lost my touch with both. Busy with life.

However, I find more and more that I use Cloud a lot more exclusively simply because he's so much better. As an ex pure Link main I really found a difference when I finally did pick Cloud up.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
What r u sayin boi
don't mess with us clouds
View attachment 98705
C I R R U S B O I Z
I don't think you know who you're messin' with, man.

Don't screw this up, I'm on your side. :v

Wow would you look at that, same here my son. Though as of late, I've lost my touch with both. Busy with life.

However, I find more and more that I use Cloud a lot more exclusively simply because he's so much better. As an ex pure Link main I really found a difference when I finally did pick Cloud up.
I suppose Link just isn't for you then if you're starting to give up on him. Just play Link for fun then. He's pretty good (most likely better than Toon Link), it's just that Link is so much harder to play well than Cloud. He may be a marginally better character as well but that's not gunna stop me from going Link only in tournament once and a while, haha (Link vs. Cloud is also a fairly even MU it seems, so running into one as Link isn't that scary, but I digress). I picked up Cloud because he's a great character to lean back on when there's trouble, he's fun, and he's one of my personal favorite characters (outside of Smash).

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Usually thats how I do it. I'll throw Link in for the fun of it but if I have to get real serious I may opt for Cloud.

Characters like Fox and Falcon will probably have to deal with my Cloud over Link, for instance.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I unintentionally make people salty whenever I use Duck Hunt and I'll admit that it's pretty funny. If they let themselves get mad it's their fault. Not like I was trying anyways.

And while I may be at least somewhat evil for using DH, it's better than Corrin. Ugh, just the thought of that character makes me want to throw the game away.
Bayo is far more cancerous than Corrin, imho.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was playing Final Fantasy VII yesterday and the funny thing that happened is that I accidentally had Barrett attack Tifa instead of an enemy. I didn't know you can attack one of your own...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Good now get the mod that fixes up the graphics and play through that *****!.... alos add me on Steam just guess what my name is.......
Can you direct me on how to install that? I'm actually new to Steam (lol) but that sounds like something I need in my life. Those overworld models... just lol.
I'm also a little put off by the Xenoblade-esque real-time-turn-based combat. Is this how all FF games play? It seems like half the time you're scrambling to figure out what to do and the other half you already have it figured out and you're just sitting there waiting while NOBODY on the battlefield does anything lmao. As someone likes to take their time, especially in what's supposed to be a turn-based game, this is a bit of a turnoff for me.

I don't think you know who you're messin' with, man.
That image is so badly crafted...
And what you got against Toon Link boi?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Can I ask what the **** is up with Cloud's dash animation? I don't remember him ever gliding like that.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well he can glide. YOu know, in Advent Children

You got to ask someone else, i'm not the Final fantasy master

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hm. That's an oddly specific way of choosing a dash animation. Say what you want about Sakurai, but damn does the man pay attention to detail.
I think it's because Cloud looks really ******** when running. Obviously this dates back to even FFVII, and in Advent Children we only see Cloud run like once, for a very short period of time and it still doesn't look very good. Personally I cannot imagine Cloud with any other dash-even when I didn't know who he was, when I saw him dash like that in the trailer it just felt right.

CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 I'd appreciate if you could give a link to this mod and how to mod FFVII on Steam, and maybe a link to other mods I can download? Much appreciated, it's really hard to take the story seriously with these hilariously blocky overworld models lol

Well he can glide. YOu know, in Advent Children

You got to ask someone else, i'm not the Final fantasy master
He doesn't glide in Advent Children, I think that the physics there allow for very floaty jumps and extreme air maneuverability probably dependent on mental strength. For example, we see Tifa perform something similar to an airdodge and shift her momentum in Advent Children, but it seems to cost a lot of mental energy, as she's unable to land on her feet afterward. I think it also allows for double jumps of some kind provided the user wields extreme power, such as a Limit Break. In Advent Children, Braver gives the user a huge jump into the air, but it can be used in the air and it still provides that huge leap.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think it's because Cloud looks really ******** when running. Obviously this dates back to even FFVII, and in Advent Children we only see Cloud run like once, for a very short period of time and it still doesn't look very good. Personally I cannot imagine Cloud with any other dash-even when I didn't know who he was, when I saw him dash like that in the trailer it just felt right.

CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 I'd appreciate if you could give a link to this mod and how to mod FFVII on Steam, and maybe a link to other mods I can download? Much appreciated
I see what you mean. Trying to run with that monstrosity of a weapon can't be too wieldy

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
CrimsonRick117 CrimsonRick117 I'd appreciate if you could give a link to this mod and how to mod FFVII on Steam, and maybe a link to other mods I can download? Much appreciated
I'm not sure where to get it I've seen it on a youtube video that had a link for the Mod, but I myself never installed it due to not having time to play myself lol. If and when I get then chance I'll look it up install and test it out and let you know how it works.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I can only speak for myself here but I really like how he glide dashes in Smash. Sakurai get no complaints from me on that matter.

Top Bottom