• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Last edited:

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
The smash community in British Columbia, Canada, has developed quite a bit over the past few years. BC smashers have attended and placed very highly in several out-of-state tournaments; OC2, OC3, and many Washington GameClucks tournaments. We've also run many successful tournaments in Richmond where we've had smashers come from Alberta, Washington, and California.

This thread is a place where we smashers can socialize, arrange smashfests/tournaments, meet new players, and hopefully help the community grow as a whole. Invite your friends, ask questions, talk about smash, and have fun!

See the BC Power Rankings HERE

The following is a list of our registered smashers. Sorry it is not as pretty as the other version.

THANKS TO MANUEL FOR ALL THIS HARD WORK! :grin::grin:

BC Awards 2007

The Awards

Top Rookie Smasher
Another great award to be given. The smasher who wins this has to have the requirement of registering on SWF from 2006-2007 (this once only as it if the first time giving the award). This rookie smasher shows us that right from the start that they are a threat, and you can feel they have the potential to move up in the Power Rankings in BC. This rookie smasher has also impressed from their first tournament to their latest. We have some great candidates this time!
2007 WINNER: Tony

Character Mastery Award
Which smasher have you seen take that one character and seem to know everything about them? Matchups, stage selection, tricks, everything that encompasses the relationship of the character to the game are all inclusive in this award. Once they have this knowledge too, they can put it to the test and show off their skills in battle. Who will win this award in the end? It's up in the air in my opinion.
2007 WINNER: Eric

Best Low Tier Smasher
Another award which shows how well somebody knows the insides and outs of their character...but they are LOW tier. Ever been impressed by a DK, Mewtwo, Ness, Zelda, Bowser, etc? Can they smash with the big boys and keep their own? That person deserves this award then!
2007 WINNER: Frank

Most Improved Smasher
This award I feel is one of the most important awards to be given. This smasher has shown that each time they play, they improve and improve and improve. This person has come along way in our community, they have shown that hard work pays off and they can even smash with best BC smashers. This award is to who the community feels improved the most in their mind in 2006 -2007 (only this once as it is the first time giving the award).
2007 WINNER: Manuel

Friendliest Smasher

Smashing well isn't all in the BC community. Many people like to hang out and make new friends at smashfests and tournaments. This award is for the smasher who can do things such as responding to people's smash questions, who shakes your hand and talks to you during a tournament making you feel welcome, who is respectful in matches and let's you finish sneezing before KOing you!
2007 WINNER: Tiep

Most Technical Smasher
This person has spent too much time playing the game, PERIOD. Double jump canceling, perfect L canceling every single aerial A move (with the exception of a few), wavedashing to it's maximum distance, reverse double short hop lasering 100% of the time, Doc Up+B cancel when they need, moonwalk like Michael Jackson, etc. All that flashy stuff takes practice, and this person has shown they took to the time to do it and it looks flashy as heck.
2007 WINNER: Robbie

Best OOS Smasher
Who would you think is the best smasher to come from outside the province, or even country? Your vote goes to the smasher who you thought was the best to visit up until the end of 2007.
2007 WINNER: Forward

Most Valuable Smasher

This is the most prestigious award of them all. This person is the one who has shown time and time again that they are excellent at this game. Mindgames, technicality, personality while smashing is just above the rest, and is easily seen by the entire community. So who has stood out enough in your mind to deserve this award?

2007 WINNER: John

The Rules for Award Voting:
-One person may vote once for a person (even themselves) for an award and be submitted to me via PM. One person who is voting submits only once.
-You vote for the best person you think in that category in BC, not just relatives or close friends (not that anybody would right? :))
-There will be a time period for how long voting goes on for - 10 days starting from Jan.1 2008.
-When voting you may create ONE award that you create yourself and you put down who you thinks deserves it. eg. Stupidest Smasher - Troy. These will be looked at and I will determine which ones are worthy of presenting when the results time comes.
-The awards aren't actually awards (sorry!). They are more of titles given over the internet
*There will only be one winner per award

* depicts a rule that is not finalized. Please discuss if you have an opinion

B.C. Gameplay Rules:

Singles: Generally double elimination. Round-robin pools may determine seeding. Pot is often divided 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.

Lives: 4 stock per match
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. Higher stock/lower percent determines the winner if time runs out. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, another 1 stock match is played to determine winner.
Items: Absolutely off.
Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The loser chooses the stage for the following match. The winner then chooses his character for said match. Following this, the loser gets to counterpick their character, and the match is played.
Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Both players secretly tell the 3rd party which character they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
Stage deletion: If both players agree, each may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a player may not select the stage on which he last won.
Random Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland are the stages selectable by random.
Banned Stages: A player cannot counterpick stage with Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi’s Island, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom I, and Mushroom Kingdom II. All other stages are playable.
Dumb Stages: The above banned stages may be played if both players agree.

Doubles: Generally double elimination. Pot is often divided 70/30 for 1st and 2nd place, respectively. No pools are played.

Lives: 4 stock per player
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes, 10:00 for Semi-Finals and Finals. If exact stock-% draw at the end of match, play the Super Sudden Death.
Items: Absolutely off.
Friendly Fire: On
Life Stealing: Allowed
Matches Per Set: Best 2 out of 3. Winners’ finals, Losers’ finals, and Grand Finals played best 3 out of 5.
Set Style: Advanced slobs. First match is random stage. The losers choose the stage for the following match. The winners then choose their characters for said match. Following this, the losers get to counterpick their characters, and the match is played.
Blind Picks: If players cannot agree on a match-up to play their first match, a 3rd party may be called in. Players secretly tell the 3rd party which characters they will use, and they are forced to use that character. This allows for no possibility for character counter-picks on the first match.
Stage deletion: If players agree, each team may ban 1 stage for the whole set.
Dave’s Stupid Rule: While counter-picking a stage, a team may not select the stage on which they last won.
Random Stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dreamland are the stages selectable by random.
Banned Stages: A team cannot counterpick stage with Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi’s Island, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, and Icicle Mountain. All other stages are playable.
Dumb Stages: The above banned stages may be played if both teams agree.

Recording
All recordings of matches at tournaments are subject to being uploaded. We wish to have good quality matches and people wish to see and learn from them. By entering a tournament, you have a chance at your matches being recorded and uploaded. We will try to be sure to tell you which TVs have recordings going on so you may or may not want to use that TV. If both players agree to not have to match put up then by that special request it will not be put up.

If you have read up to this part and still have questions, feel free to post or PM me :)

Credit all to Manuel (who IMO should have this post instead of me)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Just outta curiosity, why did the plan for Nik's house fail? He's got a pretty wicked basement there.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Patooty - Nik's house was cancelled at like a week when it was announced when he would host because his mom didn't let him. I think she said she did not want a LOT of strangers coming into her house for this game. Hopefully her mind would change now? Maybe a better mood? Let's wait for Nik to drop by this and he can tell us. I wouldn't mind going to a tournament at Nik's house, that would be sweet.

EDIT: For Eric's post down below
We'll wait for Nik to come back and we can ask. It would be a bit easier because it is close to a lot of the Burnaby and Vancouver guys. Smash fests would be cool, maybe a little to close for another tournament, we need practice before too. If it is a friendly smashfest, then I'm pretty sure I would go and I would take Weeg and Shu along too. If it is your place, which is kinda far for others, then you need to make it really worth our time... hahaha j/k (just a bit far ya know). ALSO, remember the rules, no spam k? Just to save posts.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I could have another Smashfest/small tourney again if u guys want..

I think it would be better at Niks since its kinda in the middle between my house any u guys right?

and hes got a kool t.v.and basement

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Okay Eric, this isn't gamefaqs where you can bump it up anytime you want, that is a waste of a post. Please post with relevant smash information that is actually useful (no offence man).

Anyway, I was thinking over what rules we should have in this region for future notice. I hope by looking at the upcoming information that we can get steady rules here that we can all agree on (well majority rules). I also hope that nobody minds using their rules for the tournament.

Universal rules:

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

Agreed?

Heres SKYPAL rules:

Stock: 4
Time Limit: 8:00 (Higher stock/percentage wins. Exact ties go to SD)
Format: Best two of three, first stage random or agreed upon, following which slob picks. Double elimination (or pools, sometimes RR... its usually decided after we've found out how many people have shown up).
Stages: 1st stage random, then SLOB picks. Random Stage selection is also set to approx. 6 neutral stages. If you both agree on a stage, you can choose it even if its banned.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Princess Peach's Castle, Mini Hyrule, Corneria, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, basically stages with barriers or walk off edges. All other stages are allowed for counterpick
Entrance fee: $10 ($10 for 2v2 $10 for 1v1) (we can change if needed)
Prize: The entrance fees will be split 60/30/10 or something like that... we usually round up/down to make it easier.
Team Attack: ON
Items: OFF
Additional rules: Double blind character picks if necessary. For slob picks loser has to pick the stage first, then the winner can decide to switch characters, and finally the loser can decide to switch characters.

Heres Melee FC 3:
Tourney Format:
Teams: Round Robin Seeding + Double-elimination tournament
Singles: Seeded Round Robin + elimination
All matches are best of 3.
4 stock, 15 minute limit
Items OFF
Stages limited to the 9 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64, Poke Floats, Pokemon Stadium
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
Each person/team knocks out one stage for first round random select with items
Slob Picks - Loser may switch either stage or character
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

D.A.'s Gauntlet rules:
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals and finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0%.
•20 bux entrance fee for singles (can change total)
•20 bux entrance fee for each teammate.
Stages

••Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Mute City, Great Bay,Big Blue, MK1, Kongo Jungle,Pokefloats and Yoshi's Island 64

••Single stages on eaches castle , brinstar, yoshi story, fountain of dreams, corneria, pokemon staduim, onett, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, green greens, mk2, final destination,.venom, jungles japes, and Rainbow Cruies

••Teams banned:Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, and Pokefloats.

••Team Stages on: peaches castle ,great bay, brinstar, yoshi story, fountain of dreams, corneria, pokemon staduim, mute city, onett, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, rainbow cruise, green greens, yoshi island, fourside, mk2, final destination,.venom Stages at Random "ALWAYS!!"

•All the other Stages at Random "ALWAYS!!"

MLG rules:
•Double Elimination
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages:
••Stages limited to the 7 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Rainbow Cruise, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, and Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue
••Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed

MOAST 3:
1v1 -
2/3
No Items
Advanced Slob Picks
Random: Yoshi Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
Non-Random: Peach's Castle, DK Rap, Brinstar, Corneria, Mute City, Onett, Mushroom Kingdrom, DK 64, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Green Greens, Pokefloats, Big Blue, MK2
Banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Fourside, Termina
One level strike is permitted.
Finals will be 3/5

That is a basic list of major tournaments with great turnouts. I can add more if I remember any really good tournaments. Our discussion can be on anything there (mostly stage talk).

Patooty

Smash Ace
Ok, I've compiled the rules of all the major tournaments, taking bits and pieces of the best parts of each, and hopefully we all agree that it is so.

Please read it ALL over so that we can have a ruleset ready for any future tournaments. We should get the basics of a tourney out of the way, like having the rules in order and such. Here goes.

Singles:

Stock: 4
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.
Stages: 1st stage random, following which slob picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Princess Peach's Castle, Mini Hyrule, Corneria, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt. All other stages allowed.
Bonus Stage rule: Each person is allowed to ban one of any stage, and also unban one of any stage for the duration of one match, everymatch. If a person bans a stage that his opponent unbans, then he can not unban another stage. If a person unbans a stage that his opponent bans, then that person can no longer ban a stage.
Entrance Fee: Each tournament is individual, although we will use $10 as a rough guideline.
Pot: 60/30/10 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Any person can call a double blind pick at any time.
Items: off

I'm not good with the team rules because I don't play it a lot so I don't know what's the fairest so I'll leave that to someone else. Also, I agree with all the universal rules posted by Troy.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
2v2

Team Attack= On
Time limit= 8 min (10 min for semi- final and final)
No Round Robin
Double Elimination

How much stock shall we have for teams?
Also should we ban some stages and unban some stages for Team battles?

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Tiep, the singles look awesome so far.

Singles:

Stock : 4
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals; Higher stock/percent wins, if exact draw, then match restarts with each player having one life and lasts until one wins.)
Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.
(EDIT:) Rounds: Best 2/3, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 as well.
Stages: 1st stage random, following which slob picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Kirby64.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Princess Peach's Castle, Mini Hyrule, Corneria, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt. All other stages allowed.
Bonus Stage rule: Each person is allowed to ban one of any stage, and also unban one of any stage for the duration of one match, everymatch. If a person bans a stage that his opponent unbans, then he can not unban another stage. If a person unbans a stage that his opponent bans, then that person can no longer ban a stage.
Entrance Fee: Each tournament is individual, although we will use $10 as a rough guideline.
Pot: 60/30/10 Rounded up or down in the fairest possible rounding to make it easy to split.
Any person can call a double blind pick at any time.
Items: off

How does the bonus stage rule work? Do both players knock off one stage they don't want to play on? Also how does an unban work and when is it said?

Also we have to see if Corneria will be banned and what not for singles. Since we didn't have a lot of time before, how about if there is a big turn out (20 people or so), I suggest 3 stock until the semi finals. Should we use Dave's stupid rule? Also if we use different stages (unban some stages) for doubles, that would be a bit more to remember don't you guys think. If we use the same stages for doubles (maybe take out yoshi story, a little too small) then it would be easier to remember. Also, there is a rule where one can restart a match within 5 seconds of starting, how do you guys feel about this rule. I remember last time when Darius was playing, that he got a stage he did not want to play, and he was counter-picking stages too. This rule can come into serious play once used, think it over please.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Sounds like a good rule (the restarting for match within 5 seconds)

ya i was thinkin like that too about the stages like some stages are quite small for team battles..

I think Corniea would be good for Team battles

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
YES! MY BASEMENT ALL THE WAY BABY!!

Seriously, I can actually move some funiture around and replace it with chairs for a SSBM Environment ^^

Also...I'm also thinking about having another Smash thing on the 9th...After what OaK did...I'm thinking about having a SMALL money Tourney, like 5 bucks singles, 5 bucks Doubles...I SWEAR people, I won't let you guys down. I just have to ask my mom first, but please keep an open schedule.. :crazy: ...You guys know my mom, RIGHT? Ugh, I just can't STAND her voice, yelling at me to do god**** stuff...

EDIT: Oops, I just got word from my mom that we are heading to Calgary for 2 days on that weekend >.<...WOOT gonna smash it up with some Calgary dudes^-^ LoL, lets see how calgary does against VANCOUVER XD

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Parents can do that sometimes lol. Thanks Nik first of all, and I hope all goes well. You don't have to move the couches, they are super comfy man! If you can get ur other tv there, I might be able to bring a cube, or maybe Darius will bring one. First, how long can we stay, because I think we will need like 6+ hours for this, seriously. Teams + Singles = long time. Even when you got like 10 people going.

And there is a limit to how many right?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yes Nick, that sounds awesome. I would say try and get a good number of people, around 12 or so. We should get a nice little tourney going similar to the one at my place. Matter fact... Troy I saw that little Kamikaze video thing, it looked quite interesting. I think we should compile parts of MANY matches from all the big group of smashers around here and make one LONG video with a short intro of each person and short clips of them pulling off crazy K.O's and such, I think that would be pretty cool, what do you think? Also, someone should make a website for Vancouver smashers and put up matches and profiles of each person on it. Similar to the Punch Crew's old site or something like that.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Whew, Adam you know those things take time and money to do. The Kamikaze video was compiled of all our old video, and I edited everything within a week or so. That was troublesome enough, and IF I had time, I wouldn't mind doing another, but on EVERYONE! That is a lot of people, seriously. Also with getting videos online and on a website is troublesome, we need a certain knowledge of HTML to produce a webpage, money for bandwith and the site alone, its too much of a hassle. Most people go on DC++, so I guess it is alright to have videos there, its free! Also, once our talent level is high enough, then I think it would be worth people's time, not saying our level isn't high, but at the standard right now... Who really wants to see some no names who are nothing compared to the top Japanese player, Ken, Isai, Chu Dat, Wes, all those popular and great smashers, I would think that the only people who will respect it is us. I hope that didn't offend anyone's thoughts on their skill level or on anything else, it's just my view on that.

Match videos I can do though :)

Patooty

Smash Ace
Nik, that'd be AWESOME. Just say the limit and we'll fill it up :)

Hmm. Troy, I dunno but I was thinking the bonus stage rule would be cool at the time, but not anymore. Unbanning a stage seems stupid now because those stages were banned for a reason. This makes it a lot more random, giving people the power to unban Infinite Mt. and stuff. I think we should scrap it, and take on the knockoff rule where each person simple knocks off a stage. You could knock off a different stage for every 2/3 or 3/5 set, and the knockoff would happen after each person has chosen their characters, and before the first battle happens. If you knockoff a random stage, and the randomselect happens to pick that then the game restarts to choose a different stage.

Oh yeah, one last thing, I'm all for Dave's Stupid Rule.
Oh yeah, one last last thing, the 5-second thing sounds good too. It's not like the match can be decided in the first 5 seconds :p But this can only be used if something accidental happened. Like a wrong stage-pick. Can't be used if you accidently run into your opponents f-smash at the beginning or anything like that.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Ill try and make a website sometime...

Ya Nik that would be kool.. to have a tourney at your place..

Darius is comin to my house Saturday or Sunday im sure u guys could come.. we can have a smashfest or somethin...

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
That all sounds good, whenever anything gets planned. If I can go I can bring a GCN.

I won't be so stupid to forget the cords like last time. =/

Also the sooner the time and date the better chance me or anyone else has of getting there.

The rules are fine with me as well. I think the banned stages should just keep banned its only 1 or 2 levels anyways that are causing "trouble".

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Okay so far we got this:

Singles: Double Elimination

Stock : 3 stock until (Semi)finals -4 stock
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Semi Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5. Finals are best out of 5 match.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks -- Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
*Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Items: Off

Additional rules:
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Banned stages can be picked if both players agree

Teams: Double Elimination

Stock : 4 stock
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals.)
(Round Robin for seeding into double elimination brackets.)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, in the Finals (losers and winners) we go to best out of 5.
Stages: 1st stage random, following by Advanced Slob Picks
Random stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Kirby 64 -Dreamland.
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Princess Peach's Castle, Mini Hyrule, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt. All other stages allowed.
Entrance Fee: TBA
Items: Off
Ties broken by lives/percentages, if exact tie, super sudden death
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

PS. Jeremy suggested a FREE tournament a little while back. Now I really like this idea, I mean, it's like an organized smash fest. First of all, I don't really got a lot of money, next, we just had a tournament, we still get placings and still have a fun time, maybe next time when we can get outside competition like SKYPAL coming. I say, until we get a decent amount of people coming to events like this, FREE tournaments sound awesome in my head. I know this might make people mad because they might come from so far just to smash, I apologize. Also with a FREE tournament, we can get more experience running it, so when we hold on, we are fast and efficient at it, what do you guys suggest/think?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Sounds like a good idea Troy. Not sure if people from far away would come though.

So u unbanned Corniea for team battles eh?

well if people from far away do come we could have some money matches.
:D

Also Ryan and Jason from Richmond Cambie dont play smash anymore...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's a shame too, Jason, and ESPECIALLY Ryan were 2 great smashers... I still remember Ryan's Ness.... it sends chills down my spine... *shivers*

Anyways, this whole free/no-money tournament idea sounds great Troy, makes it easier on everyone if you ask me. We can just take turns hosting small, 'free' tournaments at eachother's houses so it all works out :), money won't have to be a problem at all. AND... if people from maybe a bit further out of town want to attend (i.e. SKYPAL, etc.) then we can probably get a few locals among us to represent the whole lot of us and play some money matches against those from "afar". I got a job, so I can afford to cough up a few bux just to get my *** handed to me by someone from SKYPAL and at the same time have everyone else get the enjoyment of playing one of the pros for free. I'm sure as long as a few of us agree to money matches, SKYPAL might be interested in coming up here for some smashing. I also think that by doing this, we will become better smashers as we expand our smashing community and play more "experienced" smashers.

BTW Troy, those tourney rules are lookin good. Everyone who contributed to collecting all that data, good job. It'll do us good to have standard and all-around known rules to play by for hosting tournaments in the future. Makes our smashing community look better too when we got our **** together as well...

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
INVITATION for smashing this weekend (space and therefore # of people is limited)

Just so you all know, Darius is coming to my place this weekend to pick up his sunglasses, and therefore, smashing will take place. I'm inviting anyone who wants to smash it up to come over on Saturday. However I am at my Dad's house this weekend so I can only allow so many people to come as space is limited. I'm thinking about 1-3 people other than Darius can come, which would give us a total of 4-6. Post here to let me know if you want to come and then confirm by phone or whatever. Phone me for exact confirmation of what time this is going to be at. My dad's # is
604-275-1508 and my mom's # is 604-275-0509. If I'm not at one, I'm usually at the other one.

PS: Special request for NICK to come, as I haven't played that guy in a long time and we've been talking about that climactic Falco ditto for some time now. Let me know if you can make it Nick, and others, ASAP. THANKS :D

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
hey MetaKnight0 if u guys make a tourney in the Summer ill be able to go.

and MetaKnight0 are u Jarrod?

Also for Low Tier Tourneys wut characters can we use?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Low tier-tourneys usually allow from mid down to bottom. And although I don't agree with letting luigi in -.- we have to get with the times, so we're gonna be using the new tier list. Check it in melee discussion if you haven't already.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Free tourneys sound great guys, but I'm still rooting for Nik's $5 tourney :)

Anyhoo, if we(us and eastern Canada) Ever decide to hold an event to find the best in Canada, then that'll require one of the sides to travel, and travelling seems like a pretty fun idea, but it's gonna be tuffins getting the travelling money. I was thinking something like having some fundraiser tourneys, where the top 'x' placers overall would get certain percentages of the funds to help pay for the trip, and either in the summer, or at the end of the year it would be easier to make the trip, especially if we have big turnouts with everybody shooting for those spots. If it works out then by the end of the year we should have quite a bit, and if the trip doesn't work out for whatever reason, then we can just divide the money up between the placers of the tourneys. Anyhoo, I was just pondering it.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Ok, So, the smash thing isn't going to be at my house on the 9TH, because i'm going to Calgary to smash it up over there XD

But hey, I can't come over this weekend you guys...LAST DAY of WHISTLER, I PROMISE...the SNOW is AWESOME You guys, I heard it like Snowed pretty big in the last 5 days, so i'm trying to fit in this experience IN.

Agh, I'm Doomed. Adam, I PROMISE YOU SOO BADLY that I WILL Smash up with you sooner or later, but once i'm done with my Whistler/Weekend thing, It'll be SMASH EVERY WEEK, MY HOUSE...I hope. *drools*

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Sounds great ya'll, Jeremy's free tournament is working well. I hope we are worthy of smash now... so more people can come to us! Have a nice time Nik, sounds like great fun man. I don't think I can make it to Adam's (a bit far, sorry man) but Nik's weekly free tournaments...YES.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, theres Neil, who's Fox is just deadly as far as I know, judging by the way he talks and stuff, but don't worry, my Birds are meant to kill Foxs.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
First of all, Eric, did Wilfred actually say he was going to come? 2nd of all Eric, Metaknight obviously isn't Jarrod, as Jarrod is from Edmonton Alberta, NOT Ontario. Yeah it's ok Nick, I can understand you wanting to hit the slopes a couple more times b4 the season ends, I might too...

Anyways IF indeed Wilfred is coming we can have 2 more people come this weekend if they wish, I'm pretty sure were gonna do this durring the day on Saturday now. Anyone want a money match? If not then just come here on Saturday and we'll smash it up for fun.

EDIT: Oh and Patooty, from what yo usaid earlier it suggests that you are unsure of who the best smasher in Canada is. It's Mike, just so you know, he is the best in Canada by a long shot it seems.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by xXx-NoobKing-xXx

EDIT: Oh and Patooty, from what yo usaid earlier it suggests that you are unsure of who the best smasher in Canada is. It's Mike, just so you know, he is the best in Canada by a long shot it seems.
Adam, do you actually believe Mike is surely the best in Canada? You haven't even played him yet. Besides, its been like, a year since we've last heard from him. Maybe we probably surpassed him by now. Also, never believe people one what they say, and what they did. Of course, Mike played against Ken. Does that make Mike godly? No.

Sorry I was a bit harsh man, I just have days when I love to flame people >_> <_<

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Yes Wilfred is coming Adam and its on Sunday afternoon. so 2 People can come on Saturday so far.. me, adam, Darius and Wilfred will be there.

Then who is metaknight0 then?
I think we should wait and find out...

Nik how would u know Mike is not the best in Canada,

Last time ive seen Mike play is during the Summer.
Mike vs. Captain Jack.

Mike beat Captain Jack once out of 5

Also Mike And Captain Jack had A Dk ditto best outta 3 for best DK

Mike won once outta 3 but Captain Jack won.

Top Bottom