• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenitho

Smash Cadet
Has he said anything about Solid Snake/Lucas?
none yet, I wouldn't get your hopes up to high. However, Im 50/50 on either being cut
Lucas could easily be a custom move for ness actually, not the same could be said for snake

Last edited:

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
I'm hesitant to believe that we've seen all of the alt. costumes. It seems that, since Little Mac has far more costumes than the leak implied would be possible on a single character, it's possible that even Samus, who we've seen with 7 pallet swaps, could still have an alt. costume. The only reason that we haven't seen all the alts is because some of them may be unlockable.

micstar615

Smash Ace
One thing I'm confused about...what did Zipzo mean when he said that shield dropping while dashing was like the "new" wavedashing? How does cancelling dash with the shield relate to wavedashing?

Last edited:

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Uh... no? Your reasoning behind this was:

Fox having a Wolf colour scheme means precisely Nothing, for or against Wolf.

Mario has a Wario colour scheme... but that doesn't disconfirm Wario does it?

Don't assume things we don't yet know. Heck, if Wolf is added, he could have a Fox colour scheme! It doesn't change a thing.
Unless you have real evidence against Wolf, I don't yet buy your statement. Sorry.
Wow, you need to calm down, i just remember he said that when someone showed those colors of fox people around him were shouting 'wolf cut.'

It may not mean that, but i think you should honestly prepare yourself. if the leak is to be believed he is definitely cut.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
it just accrued to me

bowser jr alts are the other kooplings right?

and little mac has 16 alts

woulden't that mean bowser jr might get a shoot the moon size of 64 pattette swaps (8 for each koopling)
Bowser Jr. confirmed banned from tournaments because cycling through his costumes takes 3 minutes.

On topic: Thank you for all of the information you have provided us with thus far, @Zipzo. Try not to stress yourself out so much, and I hope that you have a great time playing the demo. As hungry as we are to finding answers for our questions, your own enjoyment and well-being should come first. The game comes out in a week in Japan anyways, so we will all have our questions answered by then. Either way, we are all grateful for what you have done thus far. So again, thank you.

My request for everyone reading Zipzo's topics is to read the full topics carefully before asking questions, to prevent doubles of questions from overflowing the topics. Additionally, try not to repeat questions that have already been stated in these threads. Zipzo can always look through the threads, and answer what he can whenever he isn't busy. So, try to not get greedy with your questions, as everyone is trying to search for their own answers right now at the same time.

For both Zipzo and everyone in this topic (as well as his AMA topic), the best thing to do is to just relax. I know that everyone is hyped right now, but we will all get our answers in due time. What Zipzo can provide us with, he will provide us with when he is able to. Every little nugget of information will help us out greatly, even if all of our questions aren't answered immediately. So, just enjoy what he is able to provide to us. Zipzo is only one person, and he's doing the best he can. We can't expect everything from him though, nor should we.

So just sit back, relax, and enjoy speculating the information he was able to provide us with thus far. Our questions will soon be answered, even if it isn't by Zipzo himself. We have waited for more than a year. One more week is nothing but a single grain of sand in an hourglass.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm hesitant to believe that we've seen all of the alt. costumes. It seems that, since Little Mac has far more costumes than the leak implied would be possible on a single character, it's possible that even Samus, who we've seen with 7 pallet swaps, could still have an alt. costume. The only reason that we haven't seen all the alts is because some of them may be unlockable.
We could hope, though costumes have never been unlockable before.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you need to calm down, i just remember he said that when someone showed those colors of fox people around him were shouting 'wolf cut.'

It may not mean that, but i think you should honestly prepare yourself. if the leak is to be believed he is definitely cut.
The leak is not conclusive evidence against Wolf's presence; it had plenty of space for him even without any rearranging.

However, his odds do look very slim now.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Can't really take that into account when a large portion of the roster don't have costumes. The choices seem more random than prerequisite determined.
The character does not deserve 4 different skins no matter how you shake.
Especially since its only his first entry and some vets still have none.
There is a different level of effort for the results, for instance, if you looked at Brawl, everyone had 5-6 pallet swaps, except Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Because adding hats was more work than recolors. And adding recolors of a model already completed is easier than a new model.

Once you make a wire frame Mac, making them different colors is a lot easier than making another new model. It would be nice if we had more alternate skins (as opposed to pallet swaps), but the level of 'excess work' 'wasted' on Mac is pretty close to naught.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
So does meta knight have a Kirby alt? Where he doesn't have the mask an wings? Or is the meta knight Kirby a Kirby alt?
It's a Kirby alt, it's in the 2 min even video in cadari2's channel (can't post links until 10 posts lol)

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
i dont think it was said but ether way it sounds like it won't matter too much since it recharges in 5 seconds or so
Yeah, if it recharges that quickly you'd be able to learn how to best use it pretty quickly. If it takes longer though with no clear indication of it's availability it may hinder him a bit. That's why I was concerned. Thanks for the info. :)

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
About falcon's fair landing lag...it seems to be changed to exclusively affect the possibility of double/triple knee and obviously the effectiveness of just throwing it out there. His other aerials look extremely fast, so nair -> uair -> knee is still probable, which is hype as ****.

Also, i'm guessing fair landing lag has nothing to do with the lag you experience using fair in the air. So dropzone knee might still be possible. Of course, as long as his up-B being changed to upwards only isn't as bad as it sounds that is. Hopefully it isn't luigi status where he literally can't move at all.

Last edited:

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai is staying true to the Fire Emblem mechanics, then weapon misses don't expend the weapons' durability. I can see it happening.
Yeah, I hope that's how he works it, I'd hate to waste a charge checking to see whether I have it back or not. Though that could be fixed by learning the precise time in which it takes to recover it, but Sakurai has always seemed like the guy who would make characters a bit more accessible than that.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice

Ok... I didn't know my comment came off as aggressive...

I hadn't read the whole thread when I wrote my comment )mainly so I didn't forget).
I did say that the Wolf colour scheme for Fox didn't mean anything FOR or against, however.
I would like Wolf back, though I'm not in denial about him possibly being cut. I just have uncertainty about the matter... uncertainty that's similar to the Ice Climbers fiasco.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Is the characters the one confirmed so far can be used?
I so want to play the demo!!!!!
So @Zipzo , how is the game so far? Does this confirms the leak? I only see threads not videos so I am not on the track yet.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Is the characters the one confirmed so far can be used?
I so want to play the demo!!!!!
All confirmed characters minus Lucina are part of the starting roster.

Which means that the starting roster is 36 characters, with 12 unlockable.

This doesn't include the three Mii Fighters, whose availability from the start has yet to be verified (unless it has, in which case disregard this).

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
It's a Kirby alt, it's in the 2 min even video in cadari2's channel (can't post links until 10 posts lol)
Wait, so Kirby has an alternate costume of Meta Knight, Meta Knight has an alternate costume of Kirby, or both? I remember Zipzo said Kirby had a "naked Meta Knight" costume...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

This doesn't include the three Mii Fighters, whose availability from the start has yet to be verified (unless it has, in which case disregard this).
Well, it would fit on the CSS

48 characters, 3 Miis, 1 random for a grand total of 52 squares?

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so Kirby has an alternate costume of Meta Knight, Meta Knight has an alternate costume of Kirby, or both? I remember Zipzo said Kirby had a "naked Meta Knight" costume...
Kirby has a pallet that makes it look like meta knight without his gear not the other way around. At least not seen by anyone.

Last edited:

Pannopap

Smash Rookie

Possibly 17 if the leaker didn't have all the characters unlocked like some of his screenshots (like All-Star having the padlock still) might suggest.
which would total 6 rows of 9 characters including the random button, so 53 playable characters.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Well except the costumes, are any minor difference with the mechanics?(I have a bit poor English reading so can you tell me a little bit simple?)
Well if Mii fighters aren't playable at start, I'm not even mad. Just like Mario Kart 8.
I am very curious what will Sakurai post on Miiverse and what will he revealed this week. I have confidence we will know all the characters before launch.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Possibly 17 if the leaker didn't have all the characters unlocked like some of his screenshots (like All-Star having the padlock still) might suggest.
That is certainly a popular hypothesis.

However, if the video that served as the source of these leaks was indeed intended for the ESRB (as is the apparent case), then they would need to see all the characters.

Another popular hypothesis that accounts for this is the Debug route -- wherein someone (likely the person who filmed the video) used debug codes to circumvent having to unlock all the characters linearly. So these codes would unlock characters, stages, and trophies all at once for the ESRB to conveniently review; yet because they circumvented the usual unlocking method, the All-Star Mode would still be locked.

Whether this Debug Hypothesis holds, the question remains that if there are more characters than seen in those image leaks, why such characters would be hidden from ESRB eyes (since they would need to see everything for the purposes of rating).

Not to say that 51+ characters isn't going to happen; it is simply that, with everything known so far, a 51 character roster (45 + 3 clones + 3 Mii classes) is the more probable route.

Well except the costumes, are any minor difference with the mechanics?(I have a bit poor English reading so can you tell me a little bit simple?)
Well if Mii fighters aren't playable at start, I'm not even mad. Just like Mario Kart 8.
I am very curious what will Sakurai post on Miiverse and what will he revealed this week. I have confidence we will know all the characters before launch.
Alternate costumes do not have any gameplay differences. They are only a cosmetic swap.

So the Alph costume doesn't play any different than Olimar himself, for instance. And so it would go for Wire Frame Mac, Male Fit Trainer, the Villager costumes, and so forth.

If a costume had different gameplay or physical attributes, they would have been promoted to the Costume Clone status -- which, as Sakurai explained, is what he did with Lucina (who was originally intended to be a Marth gender-swap costume).

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
@Zipzo I have a question?
Have you saw new and returning Assist trophie??? I want to know about the assist trophy? I need some answers about them, after all Advance wars 16 bits Tanks are returning some people say! So I want to know about Assist Trophy only?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Mii fighters are probably playable from the start just maybe they are selected differently if not then they probably will be the very last character you unlock.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That is certainly a popular hypothesis.

However, if the video that served as the source of these leaks was indeed intended for the ESRB (as is the apparent case), then they would need to see all the characters.

Another popular hypothesis that accounts for this is the Debug route -- wherein someone (likely the person who filmed the video) used debug codes to circumvent having to unlock all the characters linearly. So these codes would unlock characters, stages, and trophies all at once for the ESRB to conveniently review; yet because they circumvented the usual unlocking method, the All-Star Mode would still be locked.

Whether this Debug Hypothesis holds, the question remains that if there are more characters than seen in those image leaks, why such characters would be hidden from ESRB eyes (since they would need to see everything for the purposes of rating).

Not to say that 51+ characters isn't going to happen; it is simply that, with everything known so far, a 51 character roster (45 + 3 clones + 3 Mii classes) is the more probable route.

Alternate costumes do not have any gameplay differences. They are only a cosmetic swap.

So the Alph costume doesn't play any different than Olimar himself, for instance. And so it would go for Wire Frame Mac, Male Fit Trainer, the Villager costumes, and so forth.

If a costume had different gameplay or physical attributes, they would have been promoted to the Costume Clone status -- which, as Sakurai explained, is what he did with Lucina (who was originally intended to be a Marth gender-swap costume).
OK, so I actually means minus the costumes are there any battle mechanics different in the demo?
So we can totally guess that Dr.Mario and Black Pit could possible be like Lucina.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
OK, so I actually means minus the costumes are there any battle mechanics different in the demo?
Not sure what you're asking, here. You'd have to be more specific.

So we can totally guess that Dr.Mario and Black Pit could possible be like Lucina.
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit appear in the CSS leaks -- which were confirmed true beyond doubt when Shulk's official render matched the leak render. So like Lucina, Doc and Dark Pit are Costume Clones like Lucina (who would once have been costumes for Mario and Pit, respectively). And all three Costume Clones are unlockable characters (since neither appear in the starter roster). Which makes sense, of course.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not sure what you're asking, here. You'd have to be more specific.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit appear in the CSS leaks -- which were confirmed true beyond doubt when Shulk's official render matched the leak render. So like Lucina, Doc and Dark Pit are Costume Clones like Lucina (who would once have been costumes for Mario and Pit, respectively). And all three Costume Clones are unlockable characters (since neither appear in the starter roster). Which makes sense, of course.
I mean is any one seems to have buff up or or has some changes than in Brawl? And how tough are the newcomers ?
Well looks like Sakurai might wanted give us a surprise, or just don't want us to spoil it that quick.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I mean is any one seems to have buff up or or has some changes than in Brawl? And how tough are the newcomers ?
Well looks like Sakurai might wanted give us a surprise, or just don't want us to spoil it that quick.
If you want answers to that, you're better off reading through this thread, as well as Zipzo's AMA thread (which is currently temporarily locked). As he and a few others have attested, there are numerous character-specific and general gameplay quirks and tweaks that are worth noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom