• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Hello there guests. I was once a lurker like you all.....
Please join Smashboards....
Erm, hi.

Also my request; is the character layout similar to the pic posted in the Japanese EShop?
How long did it take for Levin Sword to activate?
If you played WFT, please tell me how she feels or any notable things about her.
That is all..
Greetings mistermews. Right now the thread is kind of to be kept for discussion of what we do know. Please leave all questions and hype at the end for the AMA with Zipzo. 'Tis a friendly warning, since the mods are cracking down on any questions in this thread right now.

Right now, looks like the Japanese e-shop image is the same as the starting roster. Everything else, I'm just as clueless.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
How long does it take Zipzo to post here? Is it 20 minutes in between each post?
Probably a long time. I have a good idea what that might feel like over there now because it was chaotic at the Best Buy demo. Albeit it was a much smaller place, but there's no shortage of people over at the event right now either. :p

When I was at Best Buy there was a ton of talking going on with mechanics, experiences, and other things, and just the general crowd and chaotic business of it all leaves little time for posting, though he is doing an incredibly amazing job at keeping up with what he can.

He's gotta get the time to write up an in depth post and unless he can get away from the main floor for a period of time it may take a while to completely finish writing up, due to all the commotion going on.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Please keep this thread to discussing what information we have. Asking questions Zipzo won't answer (he's literally posting every observation he sees/remembers) and complaining about getting warned is really time wasting, don't you think?

Zaku

Smash Cadet
I wish there was some actual pictures of the alts. I understand that the people at the events are being strict though.

I just want some actual confirmation of whether Toon Link was his outset clothes or not. (also Hilda Zelda would be nice)

D

Deleted member 245254

Robin

He has two swords, the magic and the non-magic one. (Forgive me, not an awakening veteran).

All of tilts are using the physical sword. They have good combo ability. All of his smashes use the magic sword, which has an electric effect.

When in the air, if you use the inputs for a smash attack (and you still have the magic sword available), you will do an aerial that uses the magic sword. If you just typically hit an aerial he will use the normal sword.

You use up your magic sword quite quickly but it regenerates rather fast so it's not like it ruins your tempo. Very fast.

The fire move we've seen is actually a fireball that comes from above robins head and rains down in the vicinity in front of robin. His neutral b shoots and electric lightnig bolt straight across the stage.

The healing move is his down b and you would be surprised to know it heals for a LOT (I healed for about 20%) and it stuns your opponent while you heal. It has a start up though so it's not as easy to land as any regular grab. I can see Robin being a PAIN IN THE ASS to people who can't avoid getting caught in it. Unsure if you can force break it from slapping buttons, I only played AS him.

His up b jumps up a bit and shoots wind slicers down. Important to note it's actually not straight up, he jumps jump and slides slightly to the side in the direction you're facing THEN shoots them down, so it can be a ground option too.

Marth feels very nerfed. His range seems even worse than in Brawl (I was whiffing fsmashes like crazy and I'm pretty good with tippers). Aside fr his range and no ability to double fair he seems mostly the same, aside from running faster. It's his range that REALLY feels kinda killer to His melee/brawl play style.

Tipper ing with Marth seems to require your opponent to be a lot closer than ever before, it seems he won't be as much of a spacing monster as he's always been.

This can't be overstated enough, his range feels significantly shorter (by significantly I mean that it's noticeable. It's all relative of course), and seems to be his most notable nerf. Spacing his tippers seems to Be considerably more skill-based due to the range needed.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You are assuming it works like this. It could also lock you out of using bananas if someone holds the one you throw. Similar to how if someone holds one of the bananas in brawl you can only use 1 other banana.
My assumption is non-arbitrary. Zipzo said:

Zipzo said:
  • Diddy kong only gets 1 banana
If you pull another

It disappears
I would take this to mean that the older banana disappears; if the newer one does, that would be quite unfavorable to Diddy Kong (and strange that it would appear at all given that in Brawl Diddy just failed to generate a banana if he was at his limit). So my assumption is just the most plain reading of what we were told plus a reasonable guess that the opponent grabbing your peels won't introduce new mechanics. I do suppose I'm still being a bit bold with it given that Diddy lives and dies on his banana mechanics, but it seems like what I'm assuming is most likely.

Ascended

Smash Ace
@BridgesWithTurtles: It never occurred to me that Pac-Man's star KO scream would be the Pac-Man arcade death SFX! That would be so awesome if it was!

Also, just throwing my thanks and appreciation out to Zipzo for relaying the information! This is what I would call going above and beyond the call of duty!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Oh... Yeah, no, the general landing lag on aerials doesn't appear to have been changed at all. Some aerials have shorter amounts of landing lag while others have much longer landing lag, but of course it's always been like that in every Smash game and it hasn't changed since the E3 build.

It seems like most aerials won't be very viable as approach options or in the neutral position (they will of course be useful when juggling/comboing in the air or when offstage), but other aerials that have super low landing lag (like Sheik's Fair) will give those characters superior approach options. Smash 4 is looking more and more like it's going to be a very ground-based game, which is interesting.
I dunno, they looked shorter, and until I see a comparison between the E3 build's landing lag and this Final build's lag, i'm gonna choose to stick with the "It changed" side.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Please keep this thread to discussing what information we have. Asking questions Zipzo won't answer (he's literally posting every observation he sees/remembers) and complaining about getting warned is really time wasting, don't you think?
After he posts all the information he can gather and this is all over, he should be able to receive questions like "How was your experience at the event?" or "How long did the event last?". Questions like that seem fine after we're done with his gatherings.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Falcon actually managed to dunk Charizard (who uses a Lugia alt btw) down with his D-Air, something that was almost impossible to do in Brawl, he's looking soooo good. The Meta Knight nerf also sounds very promising. All I need now is a Jigglypuff buff and I'm set.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Holy ****, Robin IS a gba mage.

And 20%? My god, I think @Warchamp7 wasn't kidding when he said Robin would be the best character. He sounds amazing.

Edit: Marth's nerfs are making me glad I'm maining lucina.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
After he posts all the information he can gather and this is all over, he should be able to receive questions like "How was your experience at the event?" or "How long did the event last?". Questions like that seem fine after we're done with his gatherings.
Sure, but that's why he's holding an AMA. You can take those questions there when that's up.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
Everyone complaining about Pac-Man. He said he was slow and sluggish with big hit boxes. Well... Snake was slow and sluggish and had big hitboxes.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Holy...Robin. This is based on the final build...Robin is a god! I really love what I'm hearing about him. His sword regenerates fast so it's not a problem? His magic is fast? He can heal 20%?? I want to play this guy/gal more than ever!

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I'm glad Robin seems to be pretty good, I've been wanting to main him since his reveal.
Robin is looking fantastic, Really looking forward to all the characters... Sorry if I break the rules with this but I MUST know, what are the names of the 2 animes in your Signature? Been looking a long time for those 2.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He's doing an AMA after this is all over, which is 7PM japan time (about 2 hours from now). I'm not saying you cannot ask questions ever, but to actually hold back on it because it doesn't do anything for the conversation right now (what's the point of speculating in an information thread...)

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it is not his fault. I read The Pokémon Company is really annoying with this kind of stuff.
It's all the artists' work.

They have nothing to do a lot of the time. It's either this or make trophies no one really looks at or enjoys nearly as much.

Things like Fierce Deity Link are an example of this.

Last edited:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, they looked shorter, and until I see a comparison between the E3 build's landing lag and this Final build's lag, i'm gonna choose to stick with the "It changed" side.
According to this info, it remains the same. Just confirming that it now depends on the move you use and with which character, some have massive landing lag as pacman or CF's knee but sheik's fair is basically non existant.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's a shame about Marth. I've put so much time and dedication into this character and a lot of that knowledge won't be useful moving into Smash 4.

I'm gonna look on the bright side and start seriously putting more time and effort into other fighters that I've wanted to get into, such as Pikachu, Ness and the multitude of new fighters like Shulk, Pac-Man and Robin! The roster seems amazing so far.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4robinm::4robinf:

Finally! Being a character loyalist paid off!

Now if only Charizard was as good. :4charizard:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
All this Robin info makes me want to main him... matter of fact, I am gonna main him.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Veteran-wise, based purely on the news from this thread, Marth is the only character who sounds significantly nerfed. Both Diddy and MK both still sound very usable.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Robin sounds amazing. Loads of options and ways to combo, not to mention the way the Levin Sword is used in the air. Nosferatu sounds crazy-awesome.
A true force to be reckoned with.

So sad about Marth though.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Poor Marth; at this rate Lucina may become a superior clone of him, just like Dr. Mario being better than Mario back in Melee

Another weird thing about Marth is that his shield breaker has great range, and his up smash looks goofy. His U-tilt seems to have good stun though, and his Bair is fast. Not enough to compensate for his nerfs, though.

Nerfs:

-Range weakened
-SH Double Fair is impossible
-D-tilt range nerf
-Dair moves in reverse, neutering the Ken combo
-Awkward feeling dancing blade
-U-smash nerf
-Tipper range nerf

Buffs:

-Bair is faster
- Landing lag on Dolphin Slash sped up

Poor Marth.

MMM_AJ

Smash Rookie
I'm just curious about something here, and forgive me if this is my misunderstanding, but what was meant by "Lucina isn't playable in the demo" before? I thought Sakurai tweeted before that the demo that would be in the stores was the final release build? Does this mean the demo build can't unlock some characters? Has there been any mention anywhere in the offsite posts about unlocking characters yet? Again, apologies if this is a stupid question.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Robin

The healing move is his down b and you would be surprised to know it heals for a LOT (I healed for about 20%) and it stuns your opponent while you heal. It has a start up though so it's not as easy to land as any regular grab. I can see Robin being a PAIN IN THE *** to people who can't avoid getting caught in it. Unsure if you can force break it from slapping buttons, I only played AS him.
Wow! That is a high percentage. I would be surprised if you couldn't escape once grabbed. Seems very powerful already.

Marth feels very nerfed. His range seems even worse than in Brawl (I was whiffing fsmashes like crazy and I'm pretty good with tippers). Aside fr his range and no ability to double fair he seems mostly the same, aside from running faster. It's his range that REALLY feels kinda killer to His melee/brawl play style.
Glad to hear he's faster, but I hate that they shrunk his sword. :( I really hope he's not so nerfed that Lucina automatically becomes the better choice. Definitely one of the first veterans I'm going to test out.

Thanks again for the info Zipzo!
Going to bed, will catch up in the morning. :)

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Everyone complaining about Pac-Man. He said he was slow and sluggish with big hit boxes. Well... Snake was slow and sluggish and had big hitboxes.
I've thought about it, and the fact that Pacman is on the sluggish side simply makes his playstyle even more interesting. It seems like Pacman is going to enjoy methodically harassing his opponents with his fruit and large hitboxes. Gosh... I am so excited to dive into his moveset and start creating strategies.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
He's doing an AMA after this is all over, which is 7PM japan time (about 2 hours from now). I'm not saying you cannot ask questions ever, but to actually hold back on it because it doesn't do anything for the conversation right now (what's the point of speculating in an information thread...)
Where will the AMA be? Here or on Reddit?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After reading all the posts Im really interested to play as Shulk and Robin now, I thought they were going to be slow, power based characters, but now they look so dynamic; Specially Shulk with the Monado Arts and spacing, also is nice to read that some veterans like Lucario and C. Falcon (except for the laggy Knee) got refreshed.

And with those ledge mechanics, combo potential, fast Shield drops and rolls this game is shaping up to be an unique and new Smash experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom