• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

backlot

Smash Journeyman
Do we know for sure if Fierce Deity is a new model or just a recolor?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm just really curious about the Kirby franchise content in this game...

Does anybody know if Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight were specifically confirmed by Zipzo?

(By the way, this isn't directed at Zipzo, so hopefully it isn't against the rules. I'll remove it if necessary, though!)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
From what I can tell, it seems that not all characters have 8 costumes in this demo. We know Sakurai said they'd all get 8, so perhaps they are holding some back? Or maybe some alts are Unlockables...?

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I really wish we could get better videos but I understand why not. This does look pretty awesome either way.

I'm kinda surprised we haven't heard anything about final smashes yet.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
What disappoints me the most is that Pit isn't getting a classic alt and Toon Link doesn't have Outset Island clothes.
It would make more sense to get these than having Alph and Fierce Diety (two separate characters) as alts themselves

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm glad Robin seems to be pretty good, I've been wanting to main him since his reveal.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Watch falcon during this match. His overall speed (especially his roll, I can't get over how fast his roll is) are VERY fast. Brawl 2.0, I think not.
I noticed this as well, his aerials seemed to have little landing lag (except knee of justice) when he was fighting that sandbag. I'm not an expert on landing lag though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok so lots of good details.
Good to see that there are possibilities of having more then just 8 color changes with Little Mac's 16 alts. Characters like Bowser Jr really benefit from this.

Also, good to hear Robin is incredibly useful and not slow.

I think my thoughts on Pac-man have decreased though. I don't like the idea of him being a sluggish character. And his alts sound underwhelming. With that said, it might be better then having a Ghostly Adventure alt. ^^;

Poor Diddy Kong with that nerf though. Hopefully that extended reach he got makes up for it. :(

So many new alts. Personal favorite so far is Alph.

Looking forward to the AMA later today.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With black and red Charizard confirmed, hopefully we may see Yellow (Shiny) Lucario as an alt. too

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
I'm really curious about the conflicting reports about Toon Link's pajamas/outset island costume. Multiple people at the event are saying it's in, and multiple are saying it's not. I hope we get some sort of confirmation either way soon.

Exor

Smash Cadet
YO FALCON IS LOOKING FRESH AS ****

THEM CRISPY UPAIRS AND THAT NIMBLE MOVEMENT

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Diddy can only have one banana out at a time now, which I actually kinda saw coming. It's a perfectly reasonable nerf.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Can't wait for the AMA.

Fierce Deity Link sounds like the new main of half the crowd here. I'll wait patiently for photos/clips.

Hopefully get some more Sonic info later, otherwise, I think I'll just lurk for awhile. Thanks again Zipzo for all the updates.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
So Little Mac gets 8 regular and 8 wireframe costumes, while Olimar gets 4 regular and 4 Alph?
Or is the Alph thing even true?

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Ah, too bad that Lucina isn't in the demo...

Shulk really looks like an interesting character, the change of Monado Arts is too fast
Nice to see that Robin is great
Default specials for Palutena?

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I particularly can't wait to see the Fierce Deity Link and Alph costumes.

Palutena almost certainly sounds like my preemptive main choice.

All of the characters sound very well balanced, with good buffs and nerfs made to veterans.

I'd like to hear more about stages and items also.
Where was it confirmed that Alph was an alt?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm off for sleep but I would like to thank @Zipzo once again for all this coverage. Really appreciate it!

I look forward to more information once I awake.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I'm secretly hoping Shulk and Robin Don't end up being top tier characters, or else I'll feel bad for using them!
I want more info on these two regardless!

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Could this be the Naked Meta Knight alt Zipzo was talking about? Because in this video we see Kirby with a blue body, white eyes, and purple legs, which is MUCH closer to Meta Knight than the black bodied, yellow eyed, purple foot one we saw in the scans.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm secretly hoping Shulk and Robin don't end up being a top tier characters, or else I'll feel bad for using them!
I want more info on these 2!
Eh, I hope Robin isn't top tier. I don't want easy wins when playing her, so I hope she is mid-tier-ish.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Warning Received
HOLY MOLY, SO MANY PEOPLE PARTICIPATING THIS THREAD(At this time)

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Let's see...

-More possible combos
-Pivot Cancelling
-Shield can cancel dash
-Potentially more exciting and challenging ledge game

BUT on the other hand,

-No Melee Dash Dancing
-Still large blast zones
-Extremely fast rolls and shield drops(may turn out into a good thing)
-No way to cancel aerial lag
-Still somewhat floaty.

SnuggleBubbler

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnuggleBubbler
I'm also a wee bit curious as to whether Diddy's banana nerf was done for balancing purposes or to be less taxing on the 3DS system, same could be asked for Olimar's pikmin change but they seem to be playing that off for balancing reasons, from what I can tell

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm secretly hoping Shulk and Robin don't end up being a top tier characters, or else I'll feel bad for using them!
I want more info on these 2!
I feel this way too, but hey, at least Robin is actually shaping up to be GOOD. I was worried how viable he'd be.

RockTheCasbah

Smash Rookie
What disappoints me the most is that Pit isn't getting a classic alt and Toon Link doesn't have Outset Island clothes.
It would make more sense to get these than having Alph and Fierce Diety (two separate characters) as alts themselves

Apparently people were saying Toon Link did have the Outset Clothes as an alt, and then people said he didn't. Zipzo said he had the Four swords colors (his default + blue, red, purple) the NES colors, and Dark Link. Which means two more color combinations. Ravio colors for Zelda's Hilda maybe? Or something really out there like Red and Blue Mails from ALttP? Zipzo seemed to not know what Fierce Diety was so maybe he's mistaken.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Well since there are 8 costumes in total, this gives me hope that The Cosmic Spirit will be one of Rosalina's alts.

I suspected that Peach would get a Daisy recolor and not a skin.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I'm also a wee bit curious as to whether Diddy's banana nerf was done for balancing purposes or to be less taxing on the 3DS system, same could be asked for Olimar's pikmin change but they seem to be playing that off for balancing reasons, from what I can tell
More than likely for balancing. If they couldn't have two bananas minimum, 8 max, how would a high item frequency match even function correctly at 60 fps? (Please don't frag this mods this is rhetorical as is implied)

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Could this be the Naked Meta Knight alt Zipzo was talking about? Because in this video we see Kirby with a blue body, white eyes, and purple legs, which is MUCH closer to Meta Knight than the black bodied, yellow eyed, purple foot one we saw in the scans.
That is the naked meta knight... It was said to be a Kirby alt. It was in Nintendo dream 1-2 weeks ago iirc

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Absolutely loving all the alts and costumes. My body is so ready for Blue Charizard... it is so ready. Finally my namesake will come true! I'll always main Pika but now I get to be a Sapphire Dragon. ;)

HOLY MOLY, SO MANY PEOPLE PARTICIPATING THIS THREAD(At this time)
Oh man, you missed it. At one point there were well over 2k people in this thread. Now it's just a little over 1k.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Let's see...

-More possible combos
-Pivot Cancelling
-Shield can cancel dash
-Potentially more exciting and challenging ledge game

BUT on the other hand,

-No Melee Dash Dancing
-Still large blast zones
-Extremely fast rolls and shield drops(may turn out into a good thing)
-No way to cancel aerial lag
-Still somewhat floaty.
I remember us discussing how the blast zones benefit the heavy weights because they can take more punishment. Certai.ly helps some of the characters.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
First off, thanks SO much Zipzo for all the info! It was the last bit of hype I needed to join up here.

I'm really excited to see all the colour swaps/costumes we now know about. Especially Fierce Deity! Hopefully Link will be a bit better in this game so I can use it all the time! At the same time, I'm a bit let down some obvious ones are apparently not there (Toon Link PJs :c), and I'm a bit worried about this supposed "Wolf" look for Fox (I'm still holding out for hidden characters!). I wonder if Sakurai will post any of them this week.

Also glad to hear about Robin feeling like a good fighter! Very pumped to try them out. The new Palutena details are also great. She seems to be quite a powerful character, as expected.

This game can't come soon enough! :estatic:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
No info on Luigi or WiiFit Trainer yet?
Thanks a lot Zipzo, you the real mvp!

I want to see Meta Knight new up B in motion (similar to dolphin slash sounds weird, I was imagining something like Wing Kirby grab loop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom