• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I can see a Pushmo stage being very fun to play on. Maybe Mallo could come up and push/pull on some blocks to change the stage's format!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I think in honor of Starfox64 3D, Final Destination needs to be remade into a Starfox stage! You could have the stage fly through different stages, and Arwings in the background! (Maybe in Classic mode, Crazy Hand and Master Hand could even turn out to be the hands of Andross!) This could also be a fun nod to the "Fox only on Final Destination" meme.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I'm pretty sure we're going to see a Dark Moon stage and prossibly a Sticker star stage.

Dairz

Smash Ace
What Sticker Star/ Dark Moon stages would be best? They both have many good stage options.
I would love for Haunted Towers to be a stage in some way. The double mansion aspect, and the huge tree... it would be awesome!

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I would love for Haunted Towers to be a stage in some way. The double mansion aspect, and the huge tree... it would be awesome!
I wholeheartedly agree.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Warning Received
That is actually a really good idea! I can imagine that being a stage similar to Isle Delfino, going to different parts of the mansion.

For a Sticker Star stage, I want the stage (as in platform) from the comet festival, and all the paper toads would be watching in the foreground. The blast zones would be short on the sides, and long at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Airship from Mario 3d land/Mario Kart DS/Mario 3. I'd like it.

Now, would it be possible for a 3DS exclusive stage to use a touch screen mechanic like a more accurate wario ware? Or will this just infuriate everyone?

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Airship from Mario 3d land/Mario Kart DS/Mario 3. I'd like it.

Now, would it be possible for a 3DS exclusive stage to use a touch screen mechanic like a more accurate wario ware? Or will this just infuriate everyone?
It would infuriate everyone. EVERYONE. That would be like another Spear Pillar, but WORSE. I like the airship idea though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I feel that we will have a Mario & Luigi stage on 3DS, while we will have a Paper Mario (or Mario RPG if were lucky) stage on the WiiU.

Considering that the obvious choice for a Paper Mario stage is the Performance Stage, it would be better suited on WiiU than 3DS, since the stage was in the original Paper Mario and Thousand-Year Door instead of Sticker Star.

Though a Sticker Star stage is still very possible.

Another Pokemon Stadium clone.
Probably that one Paris place, and they can be behind that Eiffel Tower place. I haven't played the game, so please tell me the names.
Pokémon Stadium 3 will probably be on WiiU, since the actual Pokémon Stadium games where on consoles.

Last edited:

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Mount Battle or any other stage based on Pokemon XD/Coliseum would be awesome for the Wii U version. I mean just think about working your way up a volcano!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
How about Bowser's bridge from Mario 3d Land?
It would be similar to the Bridge of Eldin from Brawl. You could even battle inside the castle!
I'd imagine walk-off edges and a high ceiling.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Another 3ds stage I would like to see is the Treacherous Tower from aLBW. Unlikely though, because 2 Zelda stages are already confirmed for 3ds.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anything from HarmoKnight would be awesome.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think the chances are for pre-3ds stages since we have only one so far, Spirit Tracks. You would expect most characters to have a stage on both versions so what will characters from series with no release on 3ds get? Would you expect Metroid for example to get a prime hunters stage, a generic stage or none at all or even fusion? Will mother 3 get a stage or will they do a generic earthbound one.

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of references to stuff that's not NES era retro or new or previous gen. I also wonder if this will be bad for Isaac's chances or non awakening FE characters.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
What do you guys think the chances are for pre-3ds stages since we have only one so far, Spirit Tracks. You would expect most characters to have a stage on both versions so what will characters from series with no release on 3ds get? Would you expect Metroid for example to get a prime hunters stage, a generic stage or none at all or even fusion? Will mother 3 get a stage or will they do a generic earthbound one.

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of references to stuff that's not NES era retro or new or previous gen. I also wonder if this will be bad for Isaac's chances or non awakening FE characters.
The punch out arena was on both versions since there are no handheld punch out games. I imagine they will do the same thing with other console exclusive franchises.

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
The punch out arena was on both versions since there are no handheld punch out games. I imagine they will do the same thing with other console exclusive franchises.
But I'm not asking about console exclusives series but ones with no 3ds games like F-zero, Mother or Wario, will they features stages from gb, gbc, gba and ds when we have only seen one so far.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
But I'm not asking about console exclusives series but ones with no 3ds games like F-zero, Mother or Wario, will they features stages from gb, gbc, gba and ds when we have only seen one so far.
I bet they will. Why would they only have one single non-3ds stage, while the console version has multiple that aren't from the Wii U?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Since I loved awakening, I'm really hyped for arena ferox. I would like it to be an overall balanced tournament stage, but with some cool gimmicks.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think we have only really seen 3DS stages based on 3DS games because they are so easy to do. They literally seem to have just ported the assets from the actual 3DS games in, in some cases at least. Definitely for Rainbow Road. And for the 3D Land stage (some of the assets, not the full stage). Even the Spirit Tracks stage has the models directly ripped from the DS game, by the looks of it.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Seeing Jungle Japes, a stage from Melee, in this game relieved my hopes about old stages. I was fearing that Temple, a stage I played a LOT in Melee and Brawl, was good as gone but it seems that there is a chance we might see it again, perhaps in the Wii U version. Honestly, I've played in that stage so much that I can't imagine a Smash game without it.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Seeing Jungle Japes, a stage from Melee, in this game relieved my hopes about old stages. I was fearing that Temple, a stage I played a LOT in Melee and Brawl, was good as gone but it seems that there is a chance we might see it again, perhaps in the Wii U version. Honestly, I've played in that stage so much that I can't imagine a Smash game without it.
Lol, it's pretty campy though.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Balloon Fight stage isn't a walk off.....if you walk off the Peach floats off the right side and ends up on the left. That's pretty crazy, love it though,

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I just got a crazy brainstorm: Augmented Reality stage.

Using AR cards (probably package 1 with the game just to be safe) & the 3DS' camera, the player's local environment becomes a SSB stage to fight on. Generic stage platforms appear in the spot as well as enemies & stage hazard from prior AR games.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The Balloon Fight stage is interesting, when characters walk off one side of the screen they come out of the other end, I wish that they had implemented this in Brawl's Mario Bros stage. I wonder if when you smash someone outside, they will be KOd or if they will fly across the screen from one side to the other.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm not really a fan of the stages the 3DS has, but at least I have Final Destination to comfort me in competitions.
The Balloon Fight stage is interesting, when characters walk off one side of the screen they come out of the other end, I wonder if you smash someone outside they will be KOd or if they will fly across the screen from one side to the other.
The balloon stage probably has a zone you can go in where you would normally be knocked out in. You can walk into the zone without being KO'd, but if you are in that area when you take damage, it counts as a KO. Probably the same if you get launched there. Kinda like how it doesn't matter how far up you go in Brawl, unless you take damage while off screen or you get launched off screen.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Did not expect Balloon Fight to get a stage on the 3DS. With how many 3DS games have stages, I REALLY hope we get a Dark Moon stage at least. Also, Sonic and Mega Man will get stages for this version, right?

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I just got a crazy brainstorm: Augmented Reality stage.

Using AR cards (probably package 1 with the game just to be safe) & the 3DS' camera, the player's local environment becomes a SSB stage to fight on. Generic stage platforms appear in the spot as well as enemies & stage hazard from prior AR games.
That sounds like a really fun idea, but I just don't see how that could work. You would have to hold your 3ds in such a way as to watch where you are, and that just wouldn't work with the fast paced motion of smash bros. If we get anything like this, I'd like to have a "picture-stage" option, like in Photo Dojo. You would take a picture, and then choose what parts of it would be solid ground, pits, platforms, and hazards. (You could not do all of those things on PD though).

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm pretty sure all melee stages will be on the 3ds and brawl ones on wii u.

Top Bottom