• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yknow I’m even more surprised it took this long until something like this happened. Trump supporters tend to be the “redneck with a heavy temper and hella guns” sterotype and considering who they follow is an even worse man it was def an inevitably something like this would happen.
Trump riled them up before the vote with his speech of lies. So they are all probably really drunk on anger at the moment and acting out their frustration due to covid killing their livelyhoods.

D

Deleted member

Going by all the frantic news articles it appears at least 6 people have been transported to the hospital at the moment, at least one of which was shot and in critical condition. So guns have been fired.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Bakugan2556 What are Trump supporters doing now you ask?

Oh nothing much just rioting at Utah's capital building causing massive evacuations...
I didn’t ask that... but it does strike me as odd how trump supporters are rioting at two very distinct places.... I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a much bigger threat behind this.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
When it comes to Boris I drop the "i" and add an an "a" he is a kook from what I heard.
So like screwing over two of the four UK countries just for English Nationalism? Yep and it'll push support for Irish Unification and Scottish Independence.

Idiot for Brexit which is already having effects now.

D

Deleted member

It feels bad when either way you lose

If this riot succeeds at all in it’s goal(delaying the recount of all the votes) then Trump gets to stay for a bit longer, which is def a bad thing.
but if this fails and Biden gets inaugurated Trump will become a matyr to his base which honestly might be worse than him as president.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, they've made their intentions clear.

D

Deleted member

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's extremely, extremely telling that these fascist terrorists are able to get even a foot inside of the Capitol, let alone as far as they did and taking selfies with the cops, before one of them got shot.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
So like screwing over two of the four UK countries just for English Nationalism? Yep and it'll push support for Irish Unification and Scottish Independence.

Idiot for Brexit which is already having effects now.
I agree that Brexit was really poorly thought out. Hope Boris actually wises up now that Trump is gone giving him nothing to contrast himself to.

It feels bad when either way you lose

If this riot succeeds at all in it’s goal(delaying the recount of all the votes) then Trump gets to stay for a bit longer, which is def a bad thing.
but if this fails and Biden gets inaugurated Trump will become a matyr to his base which honestly might be worse than him as president.
Trump will most likely get arrested for treason if the riot goes though and be condemned as a treacherous swine if he fails. But I don't care about that catfish. I'm more concerned with the Republicans who fanned the flames of this travesty and hope they face the consequences for their reckless behavior.

D

Deleted member

It's extremely, extremely telling that these fascist terrorists are able to get even a foot inside of the Capitol, let alone as far as they did and taking selfies with the cops, before one of them got shot.
I imagine the guards there didn’t want to risk the approaching mob shooting them in retaliation and try to de-esclate the situation. In this scenario keeping everyone safe(especially the elected senators and congressmen/women)is more important than protecting the actual building itself.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I imagine the guards there didn’t want to risk the approaching mob shooting them in retaliation and try to de-esclate the situation. In this scenario keeping everyone safe(especially the elected senators and congressmen/women)is more important than protecting the actual building itself.
Nah this **** is white privilege
Cops were all more than happy to attack unarmed peaceful protesters in the BLM protests. They were more than happy to have the Capitol's steps crawling with heavily armed guards despite no apparent threat.

Compare that to now:
The cops are not as well armed or staffed as they should be when they knew this would happen. These fascists were allowed inside (a far, far greater danger to the congress and senate mind you) and they get to take selfies and other pictures.

The very fact you suggest they're "de-escalating" now is another example of it. They can "de-escalate" these fascists, but they couldn't "de-escalate" a bunch of peaceful protesters (in fact they escalated the situation against peaceful protesters themselves)?

**** 'em.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Well, they've made their intentions clear.

My mom risked her life several times in the army for that flag so it fills me with sadness to see it being discarded for a Trump flag. That is just demoralizing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For comparison's sake, here's an example of what happened during an actual protest and not a coup

I'm not surprised this happened from the party that claims they don't 'childishly destroy property' as I've always known they love this **** as seen in Columbia's schopl shooting, the Las Vegas shooting, Charlottesville riots, etc, but an actual ****ing coup is terrifying when there's blatantly something happening on the inside

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
For comparison's sake, here's an example of what happened during an actual protest and not a coup

I'm not surprised this happened from the party that claims they don't 'childishly destroy property' as I've always known they love this **** as seen in Columbia's schopl shooting, the Las Vegas shooting, Charlottesville riots, etc, but an actual ****ing coup is terrifying when there's blatantly something happening on the inside
This is like the baltimore riot. That is all. I would not jump the gun just yet. I hope it clams down, but if they keep it up, the counter protestors will show up. Trump needs to be impeached and removed. He is nothing but a disgrace.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I heard Alex Jones is leading a group to the Supreme Court building. Why can't that leech take a hint and stay out of this?

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I heard the Republican House minority leader had to beg Trump to say something stern to his supporters to get them to stop. Trump didn't do a PA he sent a tweet. You have people breaking windows and shooting up the building and you send a tweet...

I hope Alex Jones goes up for treason also.
Anything to take him off the air, even if its for a few months, this man has gone too far and needs a reality check.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I heard the Republican House minority leader had to beg Trump to say something stern to his supporters to get them to stop. Trump didn't do a PA he sent a tweet. You have people breaking windows and shooting up the building and you send a tweet...

Anything to take him off the air, even if its for a few months, this man has gone too far and needs a reality check.
I am being hopeful. This is a disaster, but nothing is going to fall. the country is not going to fail. but this is a perfect way to end trumps, and hopefully republican asperations. Doubt it will ultimately do anything, but this is perfect for changing the narrative.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
It just frustrates me that a BLM protest the White House builds a barricade and police are armed to the teeth in riot gear. Yet here, you see none of that kind of stuff. What message does it send to allies and adversaries around the world when they see armed protesters storm the building and force the government to evacuate?

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It just frustrates me that a BLM protest the White House builds a barricade and police are armed to the teeth in riot gear. Yet here, you see none of that kind of stuff. What message does it send to allies and adversaries around the world when they see armed protesters storm the building and force the government to evacuate?
Trump wanted this. That is why prep was so bad.

D

Deleted member

You know what’s really ironic about this whole event?

it actually changed some people’s minds.... but instead of for trump, now more people are for inaugurating Biden
E91AFDF1-4CAA-465B-B0BF-67DD78D4A836.png

it didn’t even delay the actual vote by that long, it was only round’ 2-3 hours. When it comes to Congress that’s nothing.

link2702

Smash Champion
Nah this **** is white privilege
Cops were all more than happy to attack unarmed peaceful protesters in the BLM protests. They were more than happy to have the Capitol's steps crawling with heavily armed guards despite no apparent threat.

I'm a white guy and even I 100% agree with this statement. Time and time again we see actual white right-wing terrorists get away with some awful terrifying ****, and then just smile and shake hands with the police. It happened a few years ago when some redneck trash took over a federal building, it's happening now again.

Had this been BLM protesters who even attempted something remotely close to this, they'd all have been mowed down with a spray of bullets, and air strikes immediately called on anyone farther away that were marching towards the capital.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We had to turn our goddamn TV on at work cause this **** was an emergency, and ****, I didn't even know our store had a TV until I was watching the news.

This **** is just sad, I have a bad feeling Trump's supporters will be bothering us for so many more years down the line.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
It is so sad that centuries of glamorizing rebellion has lead us to this point. This was coming centuries in advance.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For those who want to know what those Q people are saying:

I always get a kick out of vitriol conspiracy craziness and can’t help but laugh at their ineptitude and straw-grasping but.... a lot of this is just now sad...and frustrating.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wonder how long the country will be on fire for. If I'm reading things right, there's going to be another protest from the Trump supporters next week.

Goomboi

Smash Apprentice
Hi I just wanna say to all non American smashers we're not all like this.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
So Sarah Palin in her great powerful and all knowing wisdom used the insurrection as a chance to attack the Media on Twitter.

Also Facebook removed a video of Trump expresses support for the insurrection.

This is flat out treason.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Why’s everyone more upset at these mostly peaceful protests than they were the ones that literally had DC burning?

This is known as a false equivalence. The idea that one stupid act will nullify another, thus justifying a group of people happening to break into congress buildings during the ratification of the next president. This is why people dont take the right seriously, because arguing that because one group set the city fire is the exact same as known white nationalists violently breaking into a locked down building so they can "send a message" is considered "well. its ok."

You also never actually addressed the issue going right now, giving a half statement which we can all assume is condoning and agreeing with said actions.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Why’s everyone more upset at these mostly peaceful protests than they were the ones that literally had DC burning?

Because this is treason, these people every last one of them are traitors to the country and must be dealt with according to the law. Trump incited this insurrection he must be dealt with because he if isn't. This will send shockwaves around the world and the American people will not let him get away with this. Even you someone who is on the right should understand the seriousness of Trump's actions and should be the first of us to call for him and the rioters to face justice. Because the right is suppose to honor the Constitution and respect its power.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because this is treason, these people every last one of them are traitors to the country and must be dealt with according to the law. Trump incited this insurrection he must be dealt with because he if isn't. This will send shockwaves around the world and the American people will not let him get away with this. Even you someone who is on the right should understand the seriousness of Trump's actions and should be the first of us to call for him and the rioters to face justice. Because the right is suppose to honor the Constitution and respect its power.
The fact he's calling this a peaceful protest when it's the first time in over 200 years that the most secure building in the US has been taken over proves he's not going to listen and his previous posts have said 'only the left are violent!' Despite multiple accounts of rightwing domestic terrorism in the US with the most recent example prior to this coup attempt being the Christmas suicide bomber and the terrorist Kyle Rittenhouse or however you spell his name being bailed out despite killing mutiple people, I don't think he's going to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom