• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Dr. Grey

Smash Rookie
Coming from someone who has a lot of experience in watching and playing with these characters:
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Puff
7. Falcon
8. Icies
9. Pika
10. Samus
11. Doc
12. Ganon
13. Luigi
14. Yoshi
15. Mario
16. Link
17. DK
18. Y. Link
19. Mr. G&W
20. Bowser
21. Roy
22. Ness
23. Pichu
24. Mewtwo
25. Zelda
26. Kirby
Feel free to inject some logical critique.

NerdThomas3

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThomasLee1993
3DS FC
1865-1735-0762
Out of curiosity, why make a new tier list when nothing has really changed..? S, A, and B are generally the same with each new list that comes out. So whats the point..?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Out of curiosity, why make a new tier list when nothing has really changed..? S, A, and B are generally the same with each new list that comes out. So whats the point..?
These two aren't accurate right now

Peach
Yoshi (has never been acccurate honestly, shows how the MBR can still get things wrong)

Pikachu should probably be at the top of A tier

More of an majority opinion -
Doc should be below Luigi and Samus right now

Last edited:

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Puff (this applies to both of your Puff questions): The reason I think Puff is 3rd in the game is because of how deadly she can be. Seriously, if you even make the smallest mistake against her, you can get wall of pained or rested which is pretty much a free kill for Jigglypuff. It's also very hard to make comebacks against her because, no matter how much momentum you have going, she can interrupt it like it's nothing and take your stock just as easily. I also agree with what M2K thinks about her.

Samus: Samus is better than Falcon (at least in my book). The only reason one could argue Falcon is better is because he gets more play since Samus' playerbase is small. Samus gets very good placements in tournaments. Not that Falcon doesn't, but her players tend to place better than Falcon players. Samus also has better matchups against the really good characters including the spacies (even though it's even, that's still a ton of help) compared to Falcon who is countered by both of them.
For Puff, while she is a great character, lets take Hbox and mago out of the equation. You do that, she doesn't have a lot of good results, she rarely gets top 8, and, before mango, was not considered to be a good character. Placing her above Sheik and Marth just isn't plausible, considering their results are great, from the very start of the meta.

Samus I can understand your point, but at the same time CF has proved his force in the meta and at tournaments, and like you said, samus has a small player base that hasn't done that very often. Sure plup pulls out samus to fight leffen, but leffen has always had trouble with Samus, there's simply not enough results for Samus compared to CF.
That being said, I do still believe Samus should rise up in the tier by at least one spot.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
For Puff, while she is a great character, lets take Hbox and mago out of the equation. You do that, she doesn't have a lot of good results, she rarely gets top 8, and, before mango, was not considered to be a good character. Placing her above Sheik and Marth just isn't plausible, considering their results are great, from the very start of the meta.

Samus I can understand your point, but at the same time CF has proved his force in the meta and at tournaments, and like you said, samus has a small player base that hasn't done that very often. Sure plup pulls out samus to fight leffen, but leffen has always had trouble with Samus, there's simply not enough results for Samus compared to CF.
That being said, I do still believe Samus should rise up in the tier by at least one spot.
1 or 2 i'd say though i'm not sure if i should put Ganon above samus looking at my list tell me if you can MU wise who's better

meebius

Smash Apprentice
S
1.) :foxmelee:
2.) :falcomelee:
3.) :marthmelee:
4.) :sheikmelee:
5.) :jigglypuffmelee:
6.) :peachmelee:
7.) :icsmelee:

A
8.) :falconmelee:
9.) :pikachumelee:
10.) :samusmelee:
11.) :drmario:
12.) :luigimelee:
13.) :yoshimelee:

B
14.) :ganondorfmelee:
15.) :mariomelee:
16.) :younglinkmelee:
17.) :linkmelee:
18.) :dkmelee:

D
19.) :zeldamelee:
20.) :roymelee:
21.) :gawmelee:
22.) :mewtwomelee:

E
23.) :pichumelee:
24.) :nessmelee:
25.) :bowsermelee:
26.) :kirbymelee:

Last edited:

EXCITE!!!!

Smash Cadet
why not post a tier list?

S tier
1. Fox- obviously the best
2. Falco- almost tied with fox
3. Marth- not far behind the spacies
4. Sheik- wrecks low tiers :'(
5. Puff- good movesets, but dies quickly
6. Falcon- Very stylish and powerful speed for good combos, predictable recovery
7. Peach- Very good character, lives forever, but has slightly more bad matchups than those above
8. IC's- Very strong combos and grabs, but almost mid teir when nana dies

A tier
9. Pikachu- could be in S tier if more people in the top 100 played him
10. Luigi- very strong character, kind of slow in the air, but his arials make up for it
11. Samus- Best at living at high percents, good matchups on spacies, but poor ones for sheik and marth
12. Yoshi- very powerful meta game after amsa came along, but lacks an up B recovery, but his double jump has invincibility
13. Ganon- slow, but high damage, and can pull of some combos that can keep him in the game

B tier
14. Doc- very good character, but lacks representation at a high level
15. Mario- slightly worse than doc
16. Young Link- quick, good projectiles, and arials, but has trouble killing
17. Link- very good tricks, but requires more skill to pull off, is slower, and has slightly worse projectiles than YL

C tier
18. Roy- Like Marth, but with a lot of startup and ending lag
19. DK- has a few tricks, and lots of spikes, but is big and can't revover vertically
20. Game and Watch- can't L cancel a few moves
21. Zelda- Slow, harder for comboing, but has good kill moves
22. MewTwo- has some good moves, but is slow, and has much ending lag
23. Pichu- deals damage to himself, but can still combo

D tier
24. Bowser- big, slow, and has a lot of ending lag, but can have a few tricks
25. Ness- has more trouble approaching, and thus killing
26. Kirby- Moves are slow, has a lot of ending lag, can't kill easily, and is out spaced easily

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Here's what I'm thinking:

SS
:foxmelee:
:marthmelee:
:falcomelee:
:sheikmelee:

S
:peachmelee:
:falconmelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:

A
:icsmelee:
:samusmelee:
:pikachumelee:
:yoshimelee:

B
:luigimelee:
:drmario:
:mariomelee:
:ganondorfmelee:
:linkmelee:

C
:younglinkmelee:
:dkmelee:
:roymelee:
:kirbymelee:
:zeldamelee:
:gawmelee:
:mewtwomelee:

F
:nessmelee:
:bowsermelee:
:pichumelee:

There are a few weird choices in here, so let me explain. The SS tier is the top 4 characters. I feel that they're the best 4 in the game by a large enough margin that they're gonna win tourneys. The S tier is the characters who generally pose the largest threat besides the SS characters. Honestly I don't think ICs have enough representation for people to know the MU. If they did, I feel like their spot would be well deserved. Besides that... Kirby isn't as bad as people think he is. And yes, I legitimately think that Marth is better than Falco and Sheik despite struggling a bit vs. Sheik.

EDIT: I know I'm late... *shrug*. I debated whether or not I'd actually post it in here for a while.

Last edited:

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I'm thinking:

SS
:marthmelee:
:falcomelee:

S
:peachmelee:
:falconmelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:

A
:icsmelee:
:samusmelee:
:yoshimelee:

B
:luigimelee:
:drmario:
:mariomelee:
:ganondorfmelee:
:linkmelee:

C
:dkmelee:
:roymelee:
:kirbymelee:
:zeldamelee:
:gawmelee:
:mewtwomelee:

F
:bowsermelee:
:pichumelee:

There are a few weird choices in here, so let me explain. The SS tier is the top 4 characters. I feel that they're the best 4 in the game by a large enough margin that they're gonna win tourneys. The S tier is the characters who generally pose the largest threat besides the SS characters. Honestly I don't think ICs have enough representation for people to know the MU. If they did, I feel like their spot would be well deserved. Besides that... Kirby isn't as bad as people think he is. And yes, I legitimately think that Marth is better than Falco and Sheik despite struggling a bit vs. Sheik.

EDIT: I know I'm late... *shrug*. I debated whether or not I'd actually post it in here for a while.
It's..a bit late. But really,nice tier list.
Just a few things:
I would put G&W at the top of C,only behind Young Link.
I would put Kirby ahead of Mewtwo.
I would put Puff ahead of Peach.
Other than that thats pretty accurate.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
It's..a bit late. But really,nice tier list.
Just a few things:
I would put G&W at the top of C,only behind Young Link.
I would put Kirby ahead of Mewtwo.
I would put Puff ahead of Peach.
Other than that thats pretty accurate.
Hmm, I don't think Puff is better than Peach based on Armada/HBox, but thx for the feedback.

CommonerCoffee

Smash Rookie
Created with minimal weight on tournaments placings and emphasis on theory. List intended to reflect character quality at at the apex of reasonable human capabilities, something our top level players are still very far from. Tier drop-offs simply represent a noticeable gap in character quality with the bottom half of the list being unabashed guesswork.

S: Fox
A: Falco, Marth, Sheik
B: Falcon, Puff, Peach, Yoshi, ICs
C: Pikachu, Samus, Luigi, Young Link, Dr. Mario
D: Ganondorf, Mario, DK, Link
F: Game & Watch, Pichu, Bowser, Roy, Ness, Mewtwo, Kirby, Zelda

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
S.
1. Falco
2. Fox
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice climbers

A.
8. Cap. Falcon
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Ganon
12. Luigi
13. Mario
14. Yoshi
15. Dr Mario

B.
16. Young Link
17. Roy
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Dk
21. G&W
22. Ness

F.
23 Pichu
24. Kirby
25. Zelda
26. Bowser

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
Here's my Tier List:
Just to quickly explain why there is S+ and S-: Technically I would say that the "S-Tier" characters can win majors, but I feel as though S+ Tier characters have the small and better advantage over the other S-Tier.

S+ Tier
- Fox
:marthmelee: - Marth
:falcomelee: - Falco
S- Tier:
- Shiek
:jigglypuffmelee: - Jigglypuff
:peachmelee: - Peach
:icsmelee: - Ice Climbers
:falconmelee: - Captain Falcon

A-Tier:
- Pikachu
:samusmelee: - Samus
:drmario: - Dr. Mario
:ganondorfmelee: - Ganondorf
:luigimelee: - Luigi
:yoshimelee: - Yoshi
:mariomelee: - Mario

B-Tier:
- Young Link
:linkmelee: - Link
:dkmelee: - Donkey Kong
:zeldamelee: - Zelda
:roymelee: - Roy
:mewtwomelee: - Mewtwo

F-Tier:
- Ness
:bowsermelee: - Bowser
:gawmelee: - Mr. Game and Watch
:pichumelee: - Pichu
:kirbymelee: - Kirby
I totally agree with the S tier seperation it makes it a ton easier to explain to new players able matchups aswell

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
shout out to my boys who know icies are better than falcon, i love falcon but he is just too easy to gimp with that recovery and no projectile means no ranged pressure to force them to come into the stage so they can't gimp you.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
S.
1. Falco
2. Fox
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice climbers

A.
8. Cap. Falcon
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Ganon
12. Luigi
13. Mario
14. Yoshi
15. Dr Mario

B.
16. Young Link
17. Roy
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Dk
21. G&W
22. Ness

F.
23 Pichu
24. Kirby
25. Zelda
26. Bowser
20YY is working on this, but as it stands, there's no way that Falco's better than Fox. Fox has a better recovery, faster kill moves (Falco dair excluded), a way better DD, better overall speed, the ability to waveshine usmash, and a marginally better WD. I'm not saying that Fox will always be the best, but as it stands he really is. Other than that I don't have any outright problems with your tier list except that Doc is better than Mario largely on account of more power for a small speed decrease.

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
20YY is working on this, but as it stands, there's no way that Falco's better than Fox. Fox has a better recovery, faster kill moves (Falco dair excluded), a way better DD, better overall speed, the ability to waveshine usmash, and a marginally better WD. I'm not saying that Fox will always be the best, but as it stands he really is. Other than that I don't have any outright problems with your tier list except that Doc is better than Mario largely on account of more power for a small speed decrease.
It could be the whole pillaring thing because fox can hey pooped on sense falco can destroy fast fallers. But yeah i guess fox does have those things that make him that much better and the only reason i put doc higher is because mario has good speed and juggling ability, and a metor smash that can be used for setups. + a better range on fsmash. I've seen myself do better with mario than doc :) that's all

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
It could be the whole pillaring thing because fox can hey pooped on sense falco can destroy fast fallers. But yeah i guess fox does have those things that make him that much better and the only reason i put doc higher is because mario has good speed and juggling ability, and a metor smash that can be used for setups. + a better range on fsmash. I've seen myself do better with mario than doc :) that's all
Alright. I only concern myself with the super-specifics of Marth and Falco, who I actually use. I didn't know those differences between Doc and Mario, so I suppose it could go either way.

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
Alright. I only concern myself with the super-specifics of Marth and Falco, who I actually use. I didn't know those differences between Doc and Mario, so I suppose it could go either way.
yeah i played every character in the game against everyone and matched them up to what i think could be the best the character could be played (by watching video after video of the character) and after that i kind of guessed how they played out. I have no doubt that bowser is worse than kirby like how does bowser have any good matchups? but with mario and doc it was just a gut feeling that mario is better with the plentiful of options he has and range (except i think fireball is weaker than pill).

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Bowser can make some of his MUs good by using the upB strategy (use it grounded, hit, and go to the ledge). He's also kinda tough to handle if you learn how to use his downB to grab the ledge, and the raw strength of his moves, like Ganon, makes him kinda tough to handle sometimes.

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
Coming from someone who has a lot of experience in watching and playing with these characters:
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Puff
7. Falcon
8. Icies
9. Pika
10. Samus
11. Doc
12. Ganon
13. Luigi
14. Yoshi
15. Mario
16. Link
17. DK
18. Y. Link
19. Mr. G&W
20. Bowser
21. Roy
22. Ness
23. Pichu
24. Mewtwo
25. Zelda
26. Kirby
Feel free to inject some logical critique.
how is mewtwo worse than bowser? can you elaborate a little bit :)

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
Bowser can make some of his MUs good by using the upB strategy (use it grounded, hit, and go to the ledge). He's also kinda tough to handle if you learn how to use his downB to grab the ledge, and the raw strength of his moves, like Ganon, makes him kinda tough to handle sometimes.
i could see that on the ledge or when they play offensively but what if its a falco and they space with lasers or a marth? I've never fought a bowser thats actually good. id love to see some stuff like that (outside of dj nintendo)

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
i could see that on the ledge or when they play offensively but what if its a falco and they space with lasers or a marth? I've never fought a bowser thats actually good. id love to see some stuff like that (outside of dj nintendo)
Well, there's a massive skill difference between, say, MacD and Armada even though they're both Peach mains. We also don't have any super good Pikachu's besides Axe or any Yoshi's outside of aMSa. I'm hoping that, as the community grows, people will stop choosing based off of the tier list so much and just use who they enjoy. Tafo fact: Over 30% of entrants at majors have Fox listed as their main.

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
Thats a good point. I agree that everyone should have a S tier under their belt but play who you enjoy and be able to throw people off their game with their lack of matchup knowledge like a mario vs a falcon, you never see that.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
S.
1. Falco
2. Fox
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice climbers

A.
8. Cap. Falcon
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Ganon
12. Luigi
13. Mario
14. Yoshi
15. Dr Mario

B.
16. Young Link
17. Roy
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Dk
21. G&W
22. Ness

F.
23 Pichu
24. Kirby
25. Zelda
26. Bowser
i do have one complaint about this list DK lower than M2 explain

M3ll0w

Smash Cadet
i do have one complaint about this list DK lower than M2 explain
I play a lot of mewtwo (I went undefeated for awhile at Fight or Flight) his fair while hard to hit, is very good and his nair is great for racking up damage over time. his bair can edge guard somethings and his dair while not great can still do something sometimes haha. but i think the main reason i put him higher is because DK doesnt have many approach options and not very many throws besides back throw and up throw. His arieals are lacking even his good ones like nair and bair and possibly uair dont do much or combo into anything. Not to mention he is huge and has literally the worst recovery (Vertical at least) in the game. He is combo bait while mewtwo yes being light can still be hard to combo due to that. I think i mainly put him just below mewtwo because I personally have seen WAY more success with mewtwo than DK when i play against Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
I play a lot of mewtwo (I went undefeated for awhile at Fight or Flight) his fair while hard to hit, is very good and his nair is great for racking up damage over time. his bair can edge guard somethings and his dair while not great can still do something sometimes haha. but i think the main reason i put him higher is because DK doesnt have many approach options and not very many throws besides back throw and up throw. His arieals are lacking even his good ones like nair and bair and possibly uair dont do much or combo into anything. Not to mention he is huge and has literally the worst recovery (Vertical at least) in the game. He is combo bait while mewtwo yes being light can still be hard to combo due to that. I think i mainly put him just below mewtwo because I personally have seen WAY more success with mewtwo than DK when i play against Fox, Falco, Marth and Shiek
ok thank you!

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I play a lot of mewtwo (I went undefeated for awhile at Fight or Flight) his fair while hard to hit, is very good and his nair is great for racking up damage over time. his bair can edge guard somethings and his dair while not great can still do something sometimes haha. but i think the main reason i put him higher is because DK doesnt have many approach options and not very many throws besides back throw and up throw. His arieals are lacking even his good ones like nair and bair and possibly uair dont do much or combo into anything.
What in the.....

I don't even....

MEnKIRBZ

Smash Journeyman
S.
1. Falco
2. Fox
3. Marth
4. Shiek
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice climbers

A.
8. Cap. Falcon
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Ganon
12. Luigi
13. Mario
14. Yoshi
15. Dr Mario

B.
16. Young Link
17. Roy
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Dk
21. G&W
22. Ness

F.
23 Pichu
24. Kirby
25. Zelda
26. Bowser
How are mewtwo gnw dk and ness b tier? Wtf

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
my honest personal melee tier list has to be this

S TIER :foxmelee::falcomelee:
A TIER :sheikmelee::marthmelee::falconmelee::jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee:
B TIER :icsmelee::pikachumelee::luigimelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee::samusmelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::yoshimelee::linkmelee::roymelee::dkmelee:
C TIER :zeldamelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::bowsermelee::pichumelee::kirbymelee:

because in what other game are A tiers considered low tier?

Last edited:

Number Three

Smash Cadet
my honest personal melee tier list has to be this

S TIER :foxmelee::falcomelee:
A TIER :sheikmelee::marthmelee::falconmelee::jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee:
B TIER :icsmelee::pikachumelee::luigimelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee::samusmelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::yoshimelee::linkmelee::roymelee::dkmelee:
C TIER :zeldamelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::nessmelee::bowsermelee::pichumelee::kirbymelee:

because in what other game are A tiers considered low tier?
Questions:
-Falcon at 5?!?!? Better than Puff, Peach, and Ices?!?!?
-Why aren't Ice Climbers in A tier?
-Why are Luigi and Dr. Mario so high?
-Why is Yoshi so low (considering aMSa's amazing results with him)?
-Why isn't Roy in C tier?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm curious.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
Questions:
-Falcon at 5?!?!? Better than Puff, Peach, and Ices?!?!?
-Why aren't Ice Climbers in A tier?
-Why are Luigi and Dr. Mario so high?
-Why is Yoshi so low (considering aMSa's amazing results with him)?
-Why isn't Roy in C tier?
-:jigglypuffmelee:and:peachmelee:are more problematic:falconmelee:is just more consistent.
-cuz:icsmelee:only ever win because of jank play (inexcusable chain grab) they don't have ANYTHING really going for them outside that even lala is not that hard to get rid of and when you do their less effective than:mariomelee:"inb4 chaingrab escaping tech discovered and ice climbers jump tiers".
-:luigimelee:and:drmario: have good movement and approach options and good combo's and kill setups (what else do you need?).
-aMSa is only doing well in the US because of unfamiliarity of the matchup in the region (in japan where he plays more he doesn't score nearly as much).
-the only reason people put:roymelee:so low is because there is no reason to pick him over:marthmelee:which is better in almost every aspect but when you look at him objectively and indivudually you'll see him as a better character overall.

hope this explained some of my wacky unpopular opinions.

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
-cuz:icsmelee:only ever win because of jank play (inexcusable chain grab) they don't have ANYTHING really going for them outside that even lala is not that hard to get rid of and when you do their less effective than:mariomelee:"inb4 chaingrab escaping tech discovered and ice climbers jump tiers".
icies have some amazing pressure, fluid movement and strong hit boxes. the only thing jank about them is the chaingrab which top players can take games without. you also say it's easy to get rid of nana but only for some characters like fox and peach who can separate them easily as good icies can make well enough use of their desyncs that it becomes hard to pin down nana during them.

Top Bottom