• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2013 Community Tier List

john!

Smash Hero
if no new yoshi techs have been discovered, and we aren't allowed to use results for our rankings, then none of you have any reason to place yoshi any higher than he currently is. amsa isn't doing anything in tournament that wasn't previously known.

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
With respect to the "technology" question, there's a little still being found out about Yoshi (and maybe more to come), but it's more a question of how much Yoshi technology is being used. There's still a lot that's known by Yoshi players but isn't used yet.

Also, I'd call 5th place at Kings of Cali 4 something new, but I'm not about to make an argument for Yoshi being moved up the tier list.

john!

Smash Hero
my point was that it's massively hypocritical to say that "results don't matter" and then place yoshi higher on the tier list because amsa is doing well, even though he didn't discover anything new.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
The whole idea of results "not mattering" for a tier list baffles me in the first place. Every other fighting game I've played (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc) bases their tier lists off results, or for the most part results aren't ignored.

But then again, Melee isn't your typical fighter, so who am I to argue?

Last edited:

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
It needs to be understood that Luigi and Doc >>>>>> Mario. I don't get why people have been treating Mario like he belongs in the same class. Luigi and Doc actually have options that can scare you. Mario has no way to put the fear in your heart.
This.
Like you hit with Doc's fair and you can get some good stuff from it.
You hit with Mario's and it's like:
"Oh.
That."

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fox
Falco/Marth (Sheik is a better character but Marth is better for this 20XX meta)
Sheik

Peach
Pikachu
CFalcon
Puff/ICs

Luigi
Donkey Kong (I don't see any higher tier matchups where Doc/Mario do better than DK besides ICs and campy Falcos)
Ganon
Doc
Mario (he's really not that much worse and Mario players place just as well if not better)

Samus (ok she should be higher cause of the 20XX meta but honestly spacies wreck her, ppl just don't like the matchup)
Yoshi
Link
YLink/GW

Zelda
Mewtwo
Roy (Roy on FD vs spacies is upper mid tier)
Ness

Bowser
Pichu/Kirby

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Fox

Sheik
Marth
Falco
(Virtual 3 way tie)

Puff
Peach

Ice Climbers
C. Falcon

Pikachu
Doc
Yoshi
Luigi

Ganondorf
Samus
Mario
Young Link

Link
Donkey Kong
Mewtwo

Zelda
Game and Watch

Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Roy

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier:
Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Sheik, Marth, Peach, ICs

Top-Mid Tier:
Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Doc

Mid Tier:
Yoshi, Luigi, Samus, Ganon, Ylink, Mario

Low-Mid:
Link, DK, Pichu, G&W

Low: Mewtwo, Ness, Bowser, Zelda, Kirby

Top: Characters are almost always viable
Top-Mid: Viable in the right hands, but have flaws
Mid: Significant flaws that make it hard to do well alone, but can still be viable
Low-Mid: Situational, mostly not viable
Low: Almost never viable.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
M Y T I E R L I S T

1. Falco +1
2. Fox -1
3. Shiek
4. Marth
5. Peach +1
6. Captain Falcon +1
7. Ice Climbers +1
8. Pikachu +2

9. Jigglypuff -4
10. Luigi +3
11. Dr. Mario -2
12. Ganondorf +0
13. Samus -2
14. Mario

15. Yoshi +3
16. Link
17. Donkey Kong
18. Young Link -3
19. Zelda
20. Mr. Game & Watch +2
21. Mewtwo
22. Roy -2

23. Ness
24. Kirby +2
25. Pichu
26. Bowser -2

I have attended a couple of obscure local tournaments, with good placings (3rd/24, 1st/12 woot!), though none of the players were well known.

M Y R E A S O N I N G

Falco>Fox - I put Falco at Number one for many reasons, like a better shine, more combo potential, lasers, and more.

Jigglypuff - Becoming very predictable, but is still a pain to deal with when you get off-stage.

Dr. Mario, Samus, Young Link - As I put more characters up higher, the lower some characters will go. :(

Yoshi - Can Combo like a boss, and has super armor on the second jump. If he is hit out of the second jump, you're screwed, though, because Yoshi has no actual recovery.

Donkey Kong, Link - They technically went up slots, but so did other characters, making them stay at their current placing.

Kirby>Bowser - Kirby has sucky specials, but has pretty good aerials+tilts.

G&W>Roy - Roy is Marth, but nerfed.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I think. I update every week because I understand the game better every day

Viable Characters

1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Sheik
5. Ice climbers +2
6. Jiggs
7. Peach -2
8. Doc Mario +4
9. Captain Falcon -1
10. Samus -1
11. Pikachu -1
12. Luigi +2

Somewhere in the middle (Can't decide)

13. Yoshi -2
14. Ganondorf -1
15. Mario +2
16. Link
17. Young Link -2

Bad Characters

18. Roy +1
19. DK +2
20. Ness
21. Game & Watch -3
22. Zelda
23. Mewtwo
24. Pichu
25. Bowser
26. Kirby

Last Update : Sept 4 2014 with + and - from last ranks I gave

Last edited:

Hax

Smash Champion
here's my current tier list, it's way different from the one i posted last year as i've learned a lot about the game since then

viable (12)
Fox - you can argue that Falco or Marth are better due to being less difficult but there's no question that in theory Fox is the best and that's what a tier list should reflect IMO
Falco
Marth - by far the best aggregate matchups vs Fox and Falco in the game. still loses to both at peak level
Peach - the last character on the tier list without a horrid matchup to either Fox or Falco. Fox vs Peach is a solid 6-4 in Fox's favor but Fox wins most matchups by more than that
Jigglypuff - extremely broken if Fox is removed from the game but the 70-30 or worse Fox matchup keeps Jigglypuff in check and saves Melee from 666XX. just too good for how low APM and low-risk she is
Sheik - the most overrated character in the game, this character loses solidly to Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, and Ice Climbers. destroys mid/low tiers but is really only good vs Marth and Peach out of the top/high tiers
Ice Climbers
Samus - gives Fox/Falco a huge run for their money but is pretty ****ty vs almost everybody else
Pikachu - being above average vs Fox and Falco warrants a good tier list placement
Captain Falcon - **** this character
Luigi - the way this game has played out, with good movement and good "hustle moves" (quick, strong hitboxes to win the neutral game) coming out on top, there's no question that he's emerged as the best and only viable mario bro
Yoshi - better than people think. hard to write off a character with this much potential as not viable. extremely above average Sheik and Marth matchups. the poor man's spacie

not viable (14)
Dr. Mario - extremely overrated and not viable anymore, Doc has no range and nothing OP about him and is complete garbage vs literally almost every one of the top 10 characters
Ganondorf - should never beat anyone playing good + playing a good character but his extremely high rewards/cheese potential + ok matchups vs a couple characters make him better than like, Mario
Young Link - at this point, being a viable choice vs anyone good makes you a cut above the rest. viable vs Jigglypuff and maybe Peach
Mario - like doc except you have even less to be scared about. the first character down the tier list where i can't think of a matchup vs a good character where he's a remotely logical choice
DK - should be able to dominate anyone on the tier list below him
Link
Mr. Game & Watch - the last character with remotely acceptable moves for the neutral game
Zelda - last year i had her as 26th but i've come to realize that this character actually has a way to win vs good characters in landing a ton of lucky fairs/bairs. below her on this tier list it's straight up impossible to win
Ness
Mewtwo
Bowser
Pichu
Roy
Kirby

Bones0

Smash Legend
Wow, I'm (pleasantly) surprised you consider as many as 12 characters to be viable. If I remember correctly, that's actually double from what you previously considered viable (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, and Puff).

ELStalky

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi - better than people think. hard to write off a character with this much potential as not viable. extremely above average Sheik and Marth matchups. the poor man's spacie
I think you might be jumping the gun here. Yoshi's neutral game is pretty horrible, as it does not have many approach options and once in shield it is just about helpless, the only options being a horribly slow grab, a (vulnerable) shield roll and spot dodge; only the shield drop from platforms is a decent option if available. Super shield and jump out of super shield are good blocking options but they rely on hitting a fairly strict timeframe and predicting the hit. Double jump super armour counterattacks, i feel, are too expensive, especially in NTSC, where Yoshi has inferior weight and dies at much lower percentages. Which leads to the recovery that is also far from good. Strong attacks can hit Yoshi out of its double jump and thus gimp it easily, e.g. Falcon's stomp and knee, Fox's up-smash¹ or Falco's shine². You just need to know when not to challenge it and keep on tacking on damage until it's safe, it's not like Yoshi can do a whole lot out of its double jump anyway.

Sure, Yoshi has nasty gimps and very hard punishes once it gets a solid hit, but there are quite a few overall better characters that punish similarly hard while also getting those hits more easily. Currently people just seem to be unaware of how to play against Yoshi due to it being such an obscure character. At MLG Anaheim aMSa would have won three sets of the six he lost, if they had been best of three instead of best of five which seems to be some indication that Yoshi can be overpowered given even a little bit of match-up experience, similarly the fact that he placed 13th at the qualifier Sumabato DX Melee 11 in Japan, where the chances of people having played against him before are higher, also supports that hypothesis.

---
¹ Up-smash to up-smash is a hilarious and deadly edge guard if Yoshi gets too close.
² Works at zero percent, which makes Falco look a bit like Fox, dropping down to shine-gimp Yoshi. Fox's shine is useless for that purpose by the way as it has fixed knock back that is too low to affect Yoshi in super armour.

Last edited:

Hax

Smash Champion
Wow, I'm (pleasantly) surprised you consider as many as 12 characters to be viable. If I remember correctly, that's actually double from what you previously considered viable (Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, and Puff).
Eh, the definition of viable I used this time is different. If I'm going by the definition I used last year (being able to win a national) then there are actually 4 viable characters now IMO LOL. Sheik gets destroyed by both spacies and shouldn't ever win one, nor should puff for the horrid fox matchup. Spacies dictate the game/tier list IMO.

Stevo

Smash Champion
"able to win a national" meaning, the player only plays that specific character, I'm assuming. Because a player who plays sheik as a secondary for a few matchups is still playing Sheik potentially at the highest level and still could win a national.

Which I guess is why I would agree more with your new definition for viable, then. (which I'd love to hear exactly what that definition is)

I'm not sure I'm convinced on Luigi being viable and Doc not being viable, but then I'd need to know what criteria we are using.

Engo

Smash Ace
Eddy mexico is proof of what Luigi is capable of. That guy is seriously a top 30 caliber player and could totally get top 8 one of these days. Outside of the top 5, Leffen(he's too good at the uncommon mu's) and pewpewu (since he struggles with that matchup) there's no one that I don't think eddy has the potential to beat.

Last edited:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Eh, the definition of viable I used this time is different. If I'm going by the definition I used last year (being able to win a national) then there are actually 4 viable characters now IMO LOL. Sheik gets destroyed by both spacies and shouldn't ever win one, nor should puff for the horrid fox matchup. Spacies dictate the game/tier list IMO.
What is your definition of viable this time? Simply able to get top 16 or something?

MTL Kyle

Smash Journeyman
Shroomed stops playing Doc and suddenly hes not considered viable anymore O_O
Well, there is a reason why he stopped putting 100% of his efforts on the MD :|

Which I guess is why I would agree more with your new definition for viable, then.
I think it would mean "assuming you are at the same level as a group of people, what are the chances of you getting a top3 placing with X character.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Fox - you can argue that Falco or Marth are better due to being less difficult but there's no question that in theory Fox is the best and that's what a tier list should reflect IMO
What exactly is the implication of the term "theory"? Fox being the "best" in "theory" has always struck me as an assumption we should just accept on faith and I feel like a great player such as yourself (someone who could potentially influence a large amount of the community's perceptions) should justify a statement like this in more detail.

To me, theoretical gameplay has always implied perfect decision making and execution. So in this scenario, how does Fox approach? It seems to me that a character who can threaten the most amount of space with the least amount of commitment would be the best. In a world where Fox's speed becomes "predictable" and his low-ranged attacks easily countered by powershield grabs into rudimentary zero to deaths, would Fox meet this criteria? The more concrete advantage of Marth's disjointed attacks seem more valuable at this level of play if you ask me.

You see, I think Fox owes more of his tier placement to the impossibility of theoretical play rather than the possibility of it. Much like M2K's belief that no player will ever be able to perfectly PS Falco's lasers, no player will ever be able to perfectly react to Fox's speed. Fox thrives off the human element; conscious doubting, bad execution, and poor reaction times are what allow Fox to mindgame, bait, and punish. You more than anyone should know how easy it is to muscle through players who are not acclimated to his speed. If we all could play perfectly, Fox would be nothing.

Hax

Smash Champion
actually, you are wrong. you can only make the argument that Fox isn't the best at human level play; at TAS level he is factually the best because of one fact alone: he has a 1-frame move that makes him invincible and beats anything jointed in the game. anything disjointed (i.e. Marth's moves) gets stuck in lag and punished. Falco would be the 2nd best character for the same reason; the only thing able to defeat him would be Fox, because if their shines clank, Fox's doubleshine is guaranteed to hit Falco.

there is only one thing certain about TAS level play: that Fox is #1 and Falco is #2 because they literally cannot be hit. everything else is pretty much impossible to gauge; many people would tell you that Marth is 3rd after spacies in theory, but they fail to realize that all of Marth's ranged attacks would be beaten by someone powershielding then punishing accordingly. pretty much everyone except for spacies can't do anything to perfect powershielding because Shine is the only thing fast enough to beat the opponent's punish after the powershield. at TAS level, Shine runs this game.

this isn't the level of play I was talking about when I said "in theory," though. a TAS level play tier list would probably read "1. Fox 2. Falco 3-26. Equal; all lose to powershielding." I'm talking about top level human play here. and at top level human play, Fox and Falco are still the best in that order. you're right when you say that humans have a reaction time (about 13-14 frames to be exact): nobody abuses this better than Fox and Falco. whereas TAS Fox/Falco would literally walk at you, shine on the same frame you put a hitbox out, and start multishining your shield/following you perfectly the moment they touch you, human Fox/Falco abuse the fact that their opponent has a reaction time, and they do this better than anyone. it sounds like you're in agreement about Fox/Falco being the best at top human level play, so I don't really need to explain further. the main purpose of this post was to explain why you're wrong about TAS level.

just a quick note about Fox/Falco at human level play that a lot of people don't realize. has to do with why I think Fox is definitely #1 on the tier list:

Falco's laser can be reacted to and powershielded at any range, but if the laser is powershielded at close or mid-range, Falco cannot humanly react and powershield back. the laser takes 13 frames alone to come out (this is already human reaction time) not even counting the additional frames it takes to reach Fox, but it takes less than 13 frames to travel back to Falco. combine this with the fact that Fox has the best follow up on a powershielded laser in the game (nair to connect on his shield -> multishinegrab) and Falco is super ****ed vs a Fox that's good at powershielding (which is entirely possible, don't listen to M2K). I'm working on it lol.

Last edited:

1MachGO

Smash Ace
@ Hax Hax

First off, I appreciate you clarifying what you meant by theoretical play. I agree with you that Fox/Falco are the best characters in the game at peak human play. However, I still have some doubts about Fox or Falco being the best at perfect levels of play (or TAS).

While you are right about Fox/Falco's shines being capable of beating out anything jointed and the majority of disjointed attacks, it makes the assumption that their opponent (who is also playing at TAS levels) would perform a punishable attack in the first place. If theoretical play requires perfect decision making, then neither player would put themselves at risk. If Fox shined, opponent x would PS and reset everything to neutral. Simultaneous perfect play becomes paradoxical.

A more concrete argument of yours which I can disprove is your belief that powershielding would beat everyone (especially Marth). A small misconception about powershielding physical attacks is that it doesn't negate shieldstun or shield hitlag (source: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-approach-a-spamming-falco.198083/#post-5544062). Powershielding a character like Marth who attacks from a range could potentially make him harder to punish thanks to the increased pushback.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your anti-laser strategies on display in the near future.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
@ Hax Hax

First off, I appreciate you clarifying what you meant by theoretical play. I agree with you that Fox/Falco are the best characters in the game at peak human play. However, I still have some doubts about Fox or Falco being the best at perfect levels of play (or TAS).

While you are right about Fox/Falco's shines being capable of beating out anything jointed and the majority of disjointed attacks, it makes the assumption that their opponent (who is also playing at TAS levels) would perform a punishable attack in the first place. If theoretical play requires perfect decision making, then neither player would put themselves at risk. If Fox shined, opponent x would PS and reset everything to neutral. Simultaneous perfect play becomes paradoxical.

A more concrete argument of yours which I can disprove is your belief that powershielding would beat everyone (especially Marth). A small misconception about powershielding physical attacks is that it doesn't negate shieldstun or shield hitlag (source: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-approach-a-spamming-falco.198083/#post-5544062). Powershielding a character like Marth who attacks from a range could potentially make him harder to punish thanks to the increased pushback.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing your anti-laser strategies on display in the near future.
I feel that no one can ever know who is the best character at perfect play. Their are too many combinations of moves and too many intricacies that it is impossible for anyone to ever analyze 100% every character, every matchup in the game.

And that is why I love this game☺

Hax

Smash Champion
please tell me how you are going to land a hit with Marth on someone that powershields everything perfectly and spotdodges grab the moment you enter grab animation

the best characters at perfect, 1-frame reaction level play are obviously those with Shine because you literally can't stop them from walking up to you and Shining anything you do. TAS Fox/Falco would win the game using 1 move alone. I'm pretty sure if you don't have Shine you can't even hit a TAS character because everything would get powershielded/grabs would be rolled or spotdodged out of. but Shine not only serves as a powershield (by beating anything on the same frame), it also deals damage. what this means is that spacies are the only ones that would actually be able to win the game at TAS level.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Your name references Jar Jar Binks AND 9/11. Then you try to claim you are pro while putting A Rookie and Nintendude on blast. I will give your troll a 3/10, mostly for a lack of creativity. You certainly put in the effort with the TL;DR-worthy essay, and your username is just the right amount of absurdity to remain subtle. However, the potshot about A Rookie's tag being an inferiority complex and the silly "n0nes Mario" fabrication are not as convincing. I'm curious, did you just happen to come up with n0nes randomly, or did you actually rip that from the secular female YouTube vlog channel? The third alternative I considered makes me feel a tad narcissistic, but the name is uncomfortably close to my own.

Perhaps you are really just a crush alt and this is all a metatroll. Your avatars seem based on similar tastes of style, and it would fall in line with the Bones0 vs. cartilage0ne vs. n0ne joke... I'm on to you... ;)
^ are you n0ne?
What? what is this? What are you guys on about, tl,dr. Was off smashboards for quite a while.

My english is second languange and is not THAT good.

n0ne

Smash Ace
please tell me how you are going to land a hit with Marth on someone that powershields everything perfectly and spotdodges grab the moment you enter grab animation

the best characters at perfect, 1-frame reaction level play are obviously those with Shine because you literally can't stop them from walking up to you and Shining anything you do. TAS Fox/Falco would win the game using 1 move alone. I'm pretty sure if you don't have Shine you can't even hit a TAS character because everything would get powershielded/grabs would be rolled or spotdodged out of. but Shine not only serves as a powershield (by beating anything on the same frame), it also deals damage. what this means is that spacies are the only ones that would actually be able to win the game at TAS level.
sigh, 2x post.

Hax, what if the spacey was playing against a yoshi? wouldnt TAS level parry win against shine?

john!

Smash Hero
What? what is this? What are you guys on about, tl,dr. Was off smashboards for quite a while.

My english is second languange and is not THAT good.
the guy who posted above me was talking about how good your mario was, and bones didn't believe you were real and mistook you for some youtuber within his intellectual bubble.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
my point was that it's massively hypocritical to say that "results don't matter" and then place yoshi higher on the tier list because amsa is doing well, even though he didn't discover anything new.
He did change a lot of people's opinions on yoshi's worst matchups though (with results). It might not be "new" in that it's existed forever, but it's new in the fact that it's tech that hasn't been used consistently (or at all) in high level play. It's presence changes matchups, which then changes results, which then influences the tier list.

When more yoshi's get to aMSa's level, and when their performance doesn't dip very hard as people learn the gimmicks and MU, you could probably justify a higher placing, but still nothing very high tier regardless.

Last edited:

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Lol that's a loaded question. Of course Marth will never land a hit/grab if PS/spot dodges are perfect, but that wasn't my point. My point is that he will never be punished which is something you said would happen in your initial response. PSing a perfectly spaced Marth fair, nair, uair, fsmash, or dtilt will serve to make the move safer than it already was (unless its a Marth ditto).

Like I said though two people applying the best option creates a paradox. If shine can counter attacks, why would their opponent ever attack? Likewise, if the best option is to walk up and shine, then the best response would be to powershield. Everything would stay in neutral.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
1MachGO, that isn't a paradox. Powershielding a shine gets you nowhere: if you try to act out of your powershield you will be hit by the next shine. On the other hand, if fox powershields any of marth's attacks, he can act out of the powershield with a shine: even if that misses, he can wavedash and shine again before marth leaves landing lag.

Hax is right when he says the TAS tier list would be 1) fox 2) falco 3)everyone else. Though Magus used to say Bowser would be 3rd best because of invincibility on his upb and fortress canceling or something like that.

Hax

Smash Champion
No, Marth WILL get hit because the spacie will dash up to him and multi shine his shield which beats everything including power shield. If he rolls out or spot dodges out he will be perfectly followed and punished. If he stays in shield his shield will eventually be whittled down and pierced. If he rolls out of shield he will be 1-frame wavedashed towards and punished. If he is hit by shine he will be perfectly followed up on and punished. And he can't stop this from happening because Fox literally dashes up to him, Shines on the same frame as any hitbox he puts out to negate it, Shines/starts perfect multishine sequence the moment he is connected on Marth's hurtbox, and perfect 1-frame follows spotdodge or roll. I'm not wasting my time on this anymore because you aren't getting it. Spacies are not only the only ones who can beat powershield/all defensive options (even if they are executed perfectly), they're also the only ones that HIT you rather than just powershielding you if you try to hit them. At TAS level a 1-frame cancelable invincible move is unbeatable.

Sveet, the Bowser whirling fortress thing doesn't even matter I'm pretty sure. Pretty sure if you don't have Shine you literally can't hit a TAS character which means 3-26 are equal in theory.

Last edited:

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Shine cannot beat disjointed aerials since its invincibility lasts only one frame while the aerial can last for more than one frame and/or be a quick multi-hit move. The best it can do is tie, and that's only at the last hitbox where the aerial doesn't hit and the spacie doesn't get hurt. If I recall correctly, shine's invincibility is like ledge invincibility where the opponent won't suffer from hitlag from hitting a shine.

Also, shine can be cancelled only once in the air, as the second attempt results in significant lag since it can't be jumped out of. If the opponent is on a platform, the spacie can't run up and shine unless he jumps up there. A TAS level of play is actually paradoxical because both characters would be perfectly avoiding and hitting each other at the same time, which makes no sense.

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Hax, what if the spacey was playing against a yoshi? wouldnt TAS level parry win against shine?

So I don't really care about Yoshi's placement on the tier list, but in a TAS setting, multishining is actually unsafe vs Yoshi because he can parry every shine, and punish with DJC Nair. Fox gets stuck in hitlag during the parry, while Yoshi isn't stuck, and has enough of a frame advantage to do a few things, including parry as many shines as he wants.

But that would be inefficient anyway, because as soon as Fox goes for the second shine, his frame disadvantage on parry is enough for this to happen:

Falco doesn't even get the chance to do a second shine because of increased hitlag/jumpsquat.

n0ne

Smash Ace
So I don't really care about Yoshi's placement on the tier list, but in a TAS setting, multishining is actually unsafe vs Yoshi because he can parry every shine, and punish with DJC Nair. Fox gets stuck in hitlag during the parry, while Yoshi isn't stuck, and has enough of a frame advantage to do a few things, including parry as many shines as he wants.

But that would be inefficient anyway, because as soon as Fox goes for the second shine, his frame disadvantage on parry is enough for this to happen:

Falco doesn't even get the chance to do a second shine because of increased hitlag/jumpsquat.
Exactly what i thought. Nice explanation

Top Bottom