• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: *Pound*2: Registration CLOSED. Singles pools first POST!

What side tournaments besides teams and singles should we do?

• Regional Crews+Regular Crews

Votes: 190 52.2%
  • Low Tier Singles

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • Teams Teams

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Random Char/stage tourney

Votes: 44 12.1%
  • Low tier teams

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG C

Smash Master
Onett is not an oversight. It's a great stage. If it bothers some of you so much use your ban on it. :/

If your view of a great stage is when you can be shine infinited all day and killed at 80% and where Peach can only kill on one side of the stage then yeah it's an awesome stage. If you ask me the neutral 6 are all awesome stages oh and flat zone just bcuz i like seeing people get hit by tools 3 stooges stylez. It's been banned for some time it should stay banned it was basically a general consensus that it should be banned.

aho43

Smash Lord
Onnett is a great stage. :p, we don't do that gay infiniting stuff around here. We just grab and throw you into cars. THAT IS A COMBO. infinite my ***.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh im sure that's exactly what all the fox players are planning on doing "hmmm i could infinite and kill him but, I'd rather throw him into a car."
that has to be the worst thing I have ever heard and coming from the big chen.

Fonz

Smash Ace
There is nothing more satisfying than dthrow->car with throw invincibility. If you're fast after that you can combo from it too (assuming the don't tech the wall). Honestly though if a fox takes you to onett it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch to a character that falls when shined. If you don't have one it wouldn't hurt to ban onett. Waveshine combos across any of the neutrals aren't fun, and fox can run/laser peach on half of the neutrals (fd, stadium, dl64).

Darknsith

Smash Rookie
Pound 2 tournament

i really wanna join this tournament but dont have access to a credit card. is there any other way of registering? like can i show up and pay at the door somehow?

thx fer the help

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Schedule!:
I'll be there at 8 AM beginning to do setups and working things out. People can come then and start practicing. We can be there until 2 AM at the latest, by then everyone's gotta be gone. (This shouldn't be an issue at all)​

Saturday:

10-11:00 AM: Check-in. DO NOT BE LATE.
11:00 AM: Teams pools start.

4-5:00 PM: After the teams pools ends and a 30 minute intermission, THE FIRST ROUND OF POOLS will begin. Followed shortly by the second round.

10:00PM: Tournament play is done for the day and people are welcome to leave. The venue will stay open until midnight for free play.

Sunday:

11:00 AM: Teams final 32 begin+finish.​

3:00 PM: Singles final 32 man bracket is played/finished.​

3:00 PM-10:00 PM: The side tournaments. Teams Teams, Crews, Low tiers, whatever the demand is highest for will take top priority. People are free to leave before these since these are the more casual events.​

I've got a question about this schedule. When exactly is the Singles tournament taking place? There is mention of pools and tournament play on both Saturday and Sunday, and I can't figure out exactly how this thing is going down. I only ask because Singles practice is what I really want, and I will be unable to attend Saturday, and available most of the day Sunday. Iff the Singles part of this tournament were taking place entirely on Sunday, or if any other part were conducted entirely Sunday, than my crew and I could attend, otherwise I don't think it would be possible.

So yeah, can ONLY make it Sunday, not Saturday, what events will be taking place entirely on Sunday? Thankies in advance for anyone who can help with this silly problem I'm suffering from.

pockyD

Smash Legend
singles/teams pools on saturday

singles/teams brackets on sunday

if you want to enter either of them you should be there both days (or at least saturday if you are sure you won't beat pools =\ )

Fonz

Smash Ace
plank said:
but I don't want any johns about not having a credit card.

http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/giftcard/jsp/index.jsp?origin=personal

Go there and type in your address and it will give you a listing of places with a Visa Gift Card nearby. These can be bought with cash and work for online purchases. Basically, an internet gift card, as you may.
for darknsith, just buy one of those

no paying at the door, and registration is capped anyways so that wouldn't work too well probably

BIG C

Smash Master
i never said anything about it being gay bcuz of run/laser i said i will be doing that if i have to. and as for waveshine combos on the other stages unless its like cunning m2k or kdj its not that bad its just waveshine upsmash

PS visa gift cards wont work if u need an address meaning they dont work for buying the passes i tried to use mine to buy it, and it said address does not match the one you used or something of the sort. so there are still plenty of credit card juans. it says that u cant use it if u need address verification on the form that accompanies such a card. which i dont understand cuz i think u need an address to order anything online.

Darknsith

Smash Rookie
for darknsith, just buy one of those

no paying at the door, and registration is capped anyways so that wouldn't work too well probably
so i guess im SoL then on the tourney?? a shame. really wanted to participate in this too. maybe another time then

Rhyme

Smash Lord
*Scoff!* Well thanks for the help anyway pockyD. I have a graduation party scheduled for that Saturday and it will be absolutely impossible for me to make any of Saturday's events. Better luck to me next time, I suppose.

Fonz

Smash Ace
You didn't read the quote i posted? Or are you unable to walk to a store that sells visa gift cards?

Locations in Germantown that sell them:

1. AAA - 19841 Century Blvd Suite A
2. Safeway - 19718 Germantown Road
3. SunTrust Bank - 19718 Germantown Rd

If you can't make it to any of those in the next 2 weeks I don't see how you're going to get to Mt. Airy.

Edit: Interesting location, Rhyme

Darknsith

Smash Rookie
You didn't read the quote i posted? Or are you unable to walk to a store that sells visa gift cards?

Locations in Germantown that sell them:

1. AAA - 19841 Century Blvd Suite A
2. Safeway - 19718 Germantown Road
3. SunTrust Bank - 19718 Germantown Rd

If you can't make it to any of those in the next 2 weeks I don't see how you're going to get to Mt. Airy.

Edit: Interesting location, Rhyme
oh i can make it i read that registration is closed. but i mean if i can still register than yeah ill be going first thing in the morning guess i misinterpretted it

thx in advance

Kwan

Smash Cadet
there are way too many pages to read, so i'll just ask a few questions:

i dont plan on entering teams or singles... can i show up at the door with my 10$ venue fee and still play in the other events (low tier, etc) or even just play in firendles all day?
(would this sidestep the whole online mlgpro.com registration thing?)

also, if i do go... i'd need housing. if theres no housing, i can prob sleep in my car, assuming i can park there overnight....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the whole point of capping registration at 200 is cuz the limit of the venue is 225 so i really dont like a lot of people saying they'll come and just play friendlies. Uusally i wouldnt care but space will be an issue if too many people do that.

aside from that, yeah that works.

hova

Smash Champion
i will be handing out hamcheese sandwiches all day

TA needs to wear their bandanas. At the very least G-reg needs to bring his pink bandana of destiny and wrap it around his knee

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
Your a skinny guy. Have faith in me.
u_u ; looks like you'll have to find out the hard way ;D

omg, and poor EE, im sorry 9_9, but sitting on you was some FUNNY stuff ;D

watch me lose the arm wrestling match... lol xD
... as well as all the respect i've gained as a smasher... well... not that i have any 9_9

{fake sob}
"NO BODY LIKES ME!!!"
{/fake sob}

^^^^^^^...if you dont get it at all, learn html

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I registered on Sunday... how do I know if I can actually participate or not?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to talk briefly to whoever's running the brackets at Pound 2 (if you're using tio). Can that person please contact me on AIM (neal yung)? Thanks :).

dr.neo

Smash Champion
u_u ; looks like you'll have to find out the hard way ;D

omg, and poor EE, im sorry 9_9, but sitting on you was some FUNNY stuff ;D

watch me lose the arm wrestling match... lol xD
... as well as all the respect i've gained as a smasher... well... not that i have any 9_9

{fake sob}
"NO BODY LIKES ME!!!"
{/fake sob}

^^^^^^^...if you dont get it at all, learn html
Its all good. We'll see what happens.

Darknsith

Smash Rookie
Just bought the visa gift card thingy and registered. do i wait for some kind of ticket in the mail or something or just show up now that i registered?

chillindude829

Smash Master
raftbuilder just leave "online registration required" in the title or something

and wtf is page 127, people have different numbers of posts per page

you're clearly building rafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom