• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: *Pound*2: Registration CLOSED. Singles pools first POST!

What side tournaments besides teams and singles should we do?

• Regional Crews+Regular Crews

Votes: 190 52.2%
  • Low Tier Singles

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • Teams Teams

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Random Char/stage tourney

Votes: 44 12.1%
  • Low tier teams

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lmao@everyone.

tink, ill MM ur whatever but for every space animal char there must be 1 non space animal char so i dont go bankrupt. =P

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
dude, if its wrestling im in... you may want to sign a waver first... almost threw frozen into a road, and almost thew Btree out a window...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Kaze-Bakemono/wtf.jpg
im the one holding frozen up with one arm. ;D

i cant wait for this **** man, but my crew STILL have not signed up... i may have to kill them... i mean... kill them... >_> uhhhh...

anyways... yea :p

BIG C

Smash Master
Hova got Rick Roll'd. Or is it Rick Hov'd.

Edit: I was looking at Seed's signature. And I mean...I thought El Cid's sig was incomprehensible.... But I don't know WHAT the fuck is in this guy's.

I'm serious. I honestly sat here, and took a good dedicated look at Seed's signature, and really don't know what the image in it is of.

I mean... I thought I was good at looking at pictures, but this completely shattered my confidence. If I walk up to you during the tournament and hand you a fiver, you'll know why, Seed.
haha i know what seeds sig is it might help if u view his public profile and look at the whole pic. it's an anime char. btw. also im gonna buy singles pass soon i still lack a teammate it's cuz i suck. BOOM just bought my pass I'll be there to ****.

BIG C

Smash Master
drephens luigi spot dodges alot and hits u with a fair b4 u get to hit him off the stage.

also onett on seeing as this is an MLGish event i would figure it would use MLG ruleset from last season w/e. cant wait to see teams and singles players campin it out next to houses. alls i know is watty and cunning are extremely happy now. heh all the CPs are peach friendly and space animals need some. what happened to PF and RC the space animal stages peach blows at them.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I dont think anyone else is going to understand a thing you just said. Except me. You know you always take peach to onett with doc. Everyone knows that. lol

BIG C

Smash Master
totally wrong why would anyone take peach to onett. im just gonna camp it out there the yellow house is mine and i will pick fox, shoot a laser, and run the whole match.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Now Bic C... I didnt care. You were too much better than man and you have a cooler screen name. So I was like... LETS DO IT! And then I did it. Then you beat me. Its just the way the cookie crumbles.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Why would you want to take away my happiness now, Big C? Man, I thought we were friends, but now you go and do this. :(:(:(

But seriously, I'm probably coming to this.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
pretty much all counterpick stages are jankyyy and they all have advantages for every char why should peach have the stage taken away just cuz she sucks at it??

peach is like the queen-god of counterpick stages, win 1st match and the set is urs. mute city, japes, brinstar, dk64, etc. Get ahead camp and shoot lasers w/ fox really isnt a good reason for something to be banned imo since corneria the same **** can be done, along with a lot of other CP'S.

mlg's sponsoring it so they arent really determining the ruleset so much as helping out, thats why stages differ slightly.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I have to vouch for AKA Goodguy. He carried me around the room at the last C3, and almost tossed me out the window. This is amazing because I am not a little girl.

dr.neo....arm wrestle him at your own risk, but you are not The One.

Drephen

Smash Master
I'll play your Marf.

I wanna do MM's too.
done

D20 said:
Drephen, $5 MM? Your Luigi vs. my Young Link, best 2 out of 3.
done

awsmsean said:
luigi dittos! $2 money matches because I'm a poor luigi :-(.
done
OTRU... said:
drephen: fox vs sheik 5$?
done

any other takers? Last time i came to east coast i won, will it happen again? ..........i heard dope is coming so probably not =(

BIG C

Smash Master
Onett is way too homothuggish just like the Space Animals.

If you think corneria is a terrible stage because of camping as well as I do start banning corneria, I think OC stages are too good for tournies. There's no reason to take anyone to MC or Brinstar with peach in my opinion it's a pointless thing unless you win the first match really, even then I doubt it would be necessary. I play peach I don't even like taking people to those stages. I only take eddie there because he will never play me with anything but his fox normally and he sucks there. I see no reason for there not to just be neutral 6 tournies all the time. The game is not called super counterpicking bros. melee. The MW was known for our PF counterpickers back in the day, this is not true anymore. I guess some people like those stages though and would be upset for their non auto win stages in the 2nd game of a set, because we all know that second game is just oh so crucial when you get three stocked the first game on a neutral stage.

I mean I know it's your tourny and your rules and I know you play sheik for the most part so you have no bias for that stage to be on. It's just your opinion about space animals needing more in their favor that baffles me. I mean they have the speed and the one frame moves. Do they really need that stage where they can get an upsmash kill at 80%? I guess so. I mean I would love for you to put Peach's Castle on because I like that stage it's not gonna happen though. That stage is also a good counterpick for space animals. Why not add that one as well or just add that one? Why does it have to be onett? It just seems to me that stage advantages aren't that big of a deal. Stage disadvantages are a big deal, for example gauntlet that MW went to, everyone Tink played took him to a certain bad fox stage and almost everyone he played beat him, in my opinion that should not happen but, it is still not a big enough reason to ban a stage. It's kind of like saying I'm going to ban Mute City and Brinstar just because they are good Peach stages and Peach has too many good stages. I can see banning Brinstar for the same reason Onett and Pipes are banned just switch fox/falco to peach for the reason. I have never and will never view Mute City an instant win stage for anybody it is good for Peach and Jiggs because of the large sides and recovery because they do not need a ledge that is all. It is also good for fox though he can shine people right off the ledge with no edge to grab and doesnt really need an edge since he recovers so fast from his up b. Brinstar sure is way too good for Peach but, I still don't know about banning it because there are ways around not getting destroyed by her simple strategies there.

As far as your list of Peach counterpicks goes you are most definitely wrong, no offense. For I would say Japes is a good Marth stage before it is a good Peach stage. All Peach has at Japes is a high ceiling. DK64 is somewhat good for Peach, she can survive a long time there but, she also has a pretty hard time killing there, for the stage allows characters such as fox and falco to go to the upper platform or to the ledge. In this situation, Peach lacks the speed to get up to the upper platform or down to the ledge after fox or falco make their decision on where to go, so it is a situation in which you have to read your opponent to get the kill .

In the end, I say that there are only three peach stages good enough to be considered her counterpicks and those are Mute City, Brinstar, and DL64. Space animals on the other hand can counterpick basically anywhere but those 3 stages and have a much better chance of winning then Peach or basically any other character would. As I said before I completely understand that you are not biased and that what you have is what you truly think. You might think I'm biased because I play peach. The truth is I'm just posting my opinion and what I think on the subject. Playing Peach and watching other people play Peach I would assume would give me better knowledge of her good and bad stages. Also, seeing people play fox and falco and knowing and speaking to people who play Fox and Falco, gives me some knowledge on their good stages as well. Now I have no idea if fellow Peach players would agree with me on this or not but, I post in full confidence that the majority of the veteran smashers would agree with me on Onett being a banned stage.

Drephen

Smash Master
wait onett is on?????? Some big issues right there. I think Onett should be renamed "look at me, i'm running around camping the enitre time omg this is sooooooo fun!!!"

I mean the stage has been banned for a while now, no need to change it

OTRU...

Smash Champion
onett is awesome i will certainly enjoy counter-picking with that level, so if i read the rules well it means that onett can be used for counterpicking in singles and doubles, right?

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Hopefully the whole Onett thing is just an oversight that will be fixed by the time the tournament starts.

From the first page:

"- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Jungle Japes, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2"

Is there supposed to be a different stage in place of that second Great Bay?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
$10 says Brawl will come out in 11 days, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom