• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
fenrir

dont sweat it mangz. besides, the tourney doesnt start right on the dot, so ull prolly have an extra 30 minutes. and maybe mwarhead would be nice enough to wait till u got there. i understand rehearsals mangz, u cant just not go to those things, and its real hard to get out early "especially a pro rehearsal". So id still go to the rehearsal if i were u, ud still prolly make it on time.

Mav

Furries For The Win
I own DF. Just making it clear that he's keeping my money warm for me. He should just give me his whole wallet, including credit cards, cash.... the keys to his house....

uuaa

Smash Rookie
hey guys wat up havnt posted in a long @$$ time. So yeah just to let everyone know we( uuaa, hiroshi, and vericz) are going to the tourny. So yeah......... STDFTW!!!!!!!!111

p.s. hiroshi says woot woot!!!

p.s.s Hey Fenrir if you are still looking for a partner ill be glad to be your partner for the doubles.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'm okay with waiting a half hour if they let us play while we wait. And yes, I've decided that there's no way I'm chumping out. To hell with sissy Full Sail, I'm playin' Smash on my Saturday afternoon! =-D

annoyingplushie

Smash Rookie
Hey there guys. I'm a noob to the forum but not to the game. I was actually trying to go to tournament today, but it seems that its not going to happen for me. My boyfriend, and one of my friends (I'm a girl, just in case) are goin over instead. Sucks ***, cause I wanted to go so bad. I wanted to see how good I was, cause I've never really tried going to a tournament.

But yeah. I'd love to go to one in kissimee if there ever was one.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
amen to sleek

mav: man, u need to stop sleepin so much mangz! makes u delusional, i mean, why in the world would i EVER have to give u my money and my wallet??? i mean, that only happens in your dreams, so wake up! oh, and my address is 11268 cypress L dr. please send me my money I won from our money match at smash aid 7. lmao :chuckle:

aw come on plushie! be more like sleek! lol :p

Solitas

Smash Apprentice
I don't have specifics, but here's a quick gloss of the results:

Team Balzack (sp?) takes 1st for $108, consists of Dark Falchion and Exarch21.
Dark Falchion takes 1st in singles. I forget the exact amount.

All in all, 12 teams, bout 20 somethin entries for singles. It was pretty laid back and good fun - seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Best of all was the LSD-TV. Forget HD-TVs, you haven't really played smash unless you play on a TV that randomly inverts certain colors at different times. The effect made all the characters look metallic-like and made you feel like you were tripping on LSD. Uuaa and I were hooked. I want that TV!

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
lmao, yea that tv was pretty cool. hit derf up about it, he might sell it to u

results: 1vs1
1.darkfalchion0813
2.verics
3.derf
4.rfx

results: 2vs2
1.team "ballzack" (dark and exarch)
2.team "we're better than you" (uuaa and meleeguy)
3.team "skill methods" (vijin and anrgylobster)
4.team mike and gino (derf and nafix)
^should change there team name lol

i think thats all correct as from wut i remember.

derf

Smash Ace
psuedo-results:

teams:
1)dark falchion and exarch
2)fenrir and uuaa

singles:
1)dark falchion
2)vericz
3)me
4)rfx
5)nafix
5)fenrir
7)exarch
7)vision

i might have 5th and 7th messed up. short shout outs

df: you made captain falcon cry
nafix: thanks for driving down there with me and being my teammate. was fun. gay we had to play eachother 2nd round
vericz: good job. your falco uses platforms way too well. 2 close *** sets we had
hiroshi, uuaa: glad to see you guys made it after all
melbourne: good to see you again
exarch: mang mang mang werd mang
gigabits: good tourney
crom: nice mindgames on that ganon. got some good friendlies and it was nice meeting you
fenrir: my sheik>you shiek *runs*

wtf was wrong with my tv...

edit: ihatethecape: thanks for the fest man.
the law: we were undefeated in team matches on hyrule temple

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
good *** tourney mangs

Shoutouts:

Exarch-hey you didn't take me out of the tourney this time w00t! ^^ always fun to talk to ya, see ya at Gville I hope :p

Derf-Nice to see ya again man, Didn't get to play your falcon except for in teams, gj on takin 3rd

uuaa-your fox is a freakin beast, woulda had me if I didn't have a lot of space animl practice :)

Meleeguy-****it, you took me out of both doubles AND singles tourneys straight, whats up with that? Your fox is just too good :p

DF-Me. You. Roy ditto. Gville. ^^

Chris-Good shiet on 4th man!

Luke-Good shiet in teams yo, lets do even better next time

The Law-Good *** matches man, that Doc is gonna be scary soon; I just know it

i'll add more later, peace!

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh yea, almost forgot shoutouts

exarch:team ballzack for the win!!! man, our teams getting so much better. good job reading me when they mentioned onett, lol

derf: mangz, ur falcon keeps getting better! and OMFG!!!111oneoneone your luigi!!! best in florida/US by far!!!!

meleeguy: i hate you!!!! your shines are too good! stop shinning me!!!!lmao
p.s. your sister is HAWT!!!!!!1111

nafix:uve gotten a lot better since the last time we played. ur fox is really defensive, very hard to hit. we didnt play NEARLY as much as we shouldve.

verics: **** dude, i didnt expect u to be so good! congrats attaking second.

hiroshi: well, once again we fail to play eachother lol, maybe next time.

uuaa: lol, ill enjoy my 2 dollars :chuckle: ncie fox.

rfx:lol man i HATE playing you. your samus is getting better, and much more accurate.

angrylobster: ROY DITTO TO THE MAXORZ!!!!111 lmao, good stuff

solitas:thanx for giving me the free entry to the gainsville tourney next saturday, ill be there!

Vijin

Smash Ace
Yeah, we did good in teams, and RFX holding it down in the singles. Melbourne's coming up.
We werw Skill Methods in the team games (3rd place)

Anyway, onto the shout outs:
The-Law- Good matches, man. You've got one sick Falco. I'm not looking forward to your Doc. next time around, either!
Melee guy- My fox wants to be like you when he grows up:)
DF- I think I've improved, but not enough to even get you down to 3 stocks:( good matches, though.
Derf- Good games. We need to get some more friendlies in next time.
Exarch- I gotta switch my characters just to be able to win against ya, man, you pwn my fox:( Good stuff, though!
Crom- You've got a nasty ganondorf. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were basing it off of Tipman's style.
To the guy with the red shirt and the cap on, and some of the other guys who I played but didn't catch your names; good matches to you guys. Keep practicing, cause I hope to see you guys at G-Ville next week.
I'm sure I forgot some people, but I'll get you guys later;p

Mav

Furries For The Win
Is that full results? Ok I'll post em on the statistic thread.

EDIT: If possible, can I get a full list of results? If not, I'm sticking with top 5.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Maverick said:
Is that full results? Ok I'll post em on the statistic thread.

EDIT: If possible, can I get a full list of results? If not, I'm sticking with top 5.
I will post the brackets and results online when I can. I hope to get them online Sunday night.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Those were some **** good games, Remy (the samus) and I were "The Empire" in doubles. I believe we got in 5th, not to bad for our first tournament, but we still need to practice.

Hiroshi - You're fast as hell with falcon man, those were some good matches. I think you live pretty close to us(Kissimmee right?), we should play some more.
Vijin - Good guess, I've learned a few combo's and tech's from watching his video's. We had some great games; fun team match's too, I finaly got it together on Corneria.
Derf - We had some good friendlies and thanks for the DI advice, I'll have to work on it.

It was good meeting you guys and hopefully I'll see you all in Gville next week, we're gonna try and make it. Send me a message on AIM or something sometime

BULLiTT

Smash Rookie
Wizzle

Yeah today we had some good smash goin' I was "The guy in the red shirt with the gators beanie on" lol. But yeah I knew going into this I was going to do horribly and I proved myself right. I watched and learned all around and although I lost I had a pimpin good time. But yeah the next big struggle in my life is going to be able to get off work this saturday so me and the crew can come to gainsville wewt! :chuckle:

Ohh and Vijin your the man sir lol and see thx for the feedback.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Hah, yeah, as we mentioned before, my bro is in the same situation. DON'T WORK AT WALMART unless you want people screwing up your work schedule so you can't goto any smash tournaments or something :p Hopefully both you guys'll make it, though.

RazrFalconXX

Smash Cadet
Good games everyone!

Exarch- Didn't get to play you, thankfully :-P i hate losing to you, but i had a card up my sleeve that you didn't get to see.

DF- Little more time and i'll be up to your level. Crazy marth tho, loved in when you "did the husband"

h1roshi- That was a good shiek, close matches, you had me worried I wouldn't be able to win again with samus.

Falco player from h1roshis crew- Good falco, congrads on 2nd place.

Meleeguy- I think those were some of the best matches i've ever played, and your fox is just crazy. took A few minutes to figure out your pattern/style but after that, it was STILL hard as hell.

Jarlax- ........................................................................ wow

Vijin- Good stuff, you did good, congrads on gettin 3rd in the 2v2.

AngryLobster- Best ness in Florida! you were a beast when I was watchin you play, almost had meleeguy. congrads on 3rd in the 2v2 too.

TheLaw- Every time I see you, your far beyond the level you were at the last time I saw you. And i'm glad I didn't have to play you :)

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Shoutouts later... too lazy to do them now.

Feeling good right now-- not too sick... In a good mood-so I'll stick up a few.

Nafix- ugh Playing against you is always such a mission. I just wish you wouldn't do 50 fakeouts every time. You're rediculously good.

Vericz- I'll admit- I didn't expect you to win... GGs in the end.

Hiroshi- Before I leave I want to point out your sheik didn't win. We ran out of time and you had more damage. Sorry boy, you lost mang. Ugh. Stop camping on me mang- and I'll stop doing it back.

Derf: Glad i didn't have to play you in the tourney. I know I'm scared of your characters.

DF: play marth against me more often.

Fenrir: I love playing with you mang. Anytime you want you got a match. And you're cool to chill out with.

Law: Keep going! You can do it! lol

Hozart: ...?

Uuaa: Your fox is really good, got a lot of potential- but I went and learned how to play against Fox recently. (well better against fox anyways.) GGs. Glad I got my rematch.

Gigabits owner: Really thanks for having these so often. Its nice to have a place to go for CFL smash tourneys.

Sure I missed people again...

vericz

Smash Champion
good tourney guys, i was surprised that i got second place. anyways- shoutouts boi!!!-

DF- Great job on first. . . again, we had a good match. You say im the best falco in CFL...interesting.

Derf- crazy *** luigi, i though i was out for sure. Oh, and platforms are my falcos playground :)

Nafix- nice fox and marth. I will beat that sheik though.

uuaa- haha- "where's your 2 dollars now?" anyways, your C. falcon got crazy but lobster just killed it with that crazy ness.

h1roshi- out by jiggs again, tsk tsk. at least you didnt complain as much this time.

exarch- your peach be nasty boi !!1!!11 good matches, we will play again.

anyone else i forgot- good game to all I played. the tourny was fun. . .until next time

-vericz

uuaa

Smash Rookie
Finally the first gigs tourney(which is my second)that I didnt get sick!!!!!!!1111. So So happy......anyways i would like to give out some shoutouts here:

DF- No surprise that u get first place but congratulations anyways. I will get my 2 bucks back from u just wait and see all i need is time to slay the fox/falco slayer.

vericz- Iam really surprised that u got second place, very unexpected. Hope is going to be u and me next time final round for the money and honor. p.s: we still gots to money match for that dollar :chuckle:

hiroshi: ........................... :laugh: :laugh: man i want to be there when u dont lose to a jiggs but anyways i hope u get up there next time.

Fenrir: OMG.... just to let everyone know that he picked me at liked the most random time to partner up for doubles and end up getting second place. Good games my man, we really made a good team. Hope we team up in the next tourny we go to.

Nafix: Didnt really hang around u that much but good games i saw from u.. I was surprised by u picking marth during the tourny in some cases , i heard uve never played marth always fox and shiek....anyways great games.

exarch: wow good thing we had that rematch during the tourny, yet u still beat me i will congratulate u in doubles for getting first with DF very crazy matches we had. Good to see u again and untill next time

Angry Lobster: WOW your Ness is yet by far the best Ness ive played.. actually the only Ness ive played but Good games ( liked it how u referred to my fox as a beast....well your Ness was a LockNESS Monster :laugh: ) good games.

Derf: congratulations on getting third place i did not get to play you at all but maybe next time ill have the chance.. p.s : i liked how u kept using my name(uuaa).

Thats all ..for now untill next time guys.

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney. Had fun as always.
Derf- It seems like we're always on a team, it's happened like three time before this. Not that that's a bad thing, just thought it was interesting, and yeah we could probably beat ken and isai on hyrule.
DF- Congrats on winning...again...I'll beat you....someday...
Exarch- Sorry you felt so bad, and sorry you lost to a falco I guess playing me wasn't sufficient falco training, also he has a much sexier falco.
Fenrir-Too bad I didn't make it in time to be your partner, but then you might not have come in second.
Hozart-YOU SUCK! WE SHOULD'VE COME IN SECOND!

Kissimmee(I think)
Eric- I was happy I didn't hear the above names mentioned when I was called for the first match, I thought to myself I have a good chance, but I learned quickly that I didn't. Good matches.
Hiroshi- Nice matches, nice and close, I'll see to it that they aren't so close next time. Nice meeting you too.

MELBOURNE
AngryLobster- I want a REMATCH! RIGHT HERE! RIGHT NOW! You and that stupid little kid NESS! Wouldn't be surprised if he has more priority than marths sword.
RFX-Thank God I didn't have to play your jigglypuff, I'm assuming that's who hiroshi was talking about, what the hell is a falco supposed to do against a jiggly, wouldnt be to happy playing against your samus either.
Vijin- I just couldn't beat your fox this time, and hopefully my doc will be up to par with your falcon...or maybe even your fox.
Melbourne did you know..? Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his dad did.
Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Wet gets Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only three moves.
Chuck Norris has counted to infinity.Twice.
Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse-kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

For anyone else I missed and for those I didn't I'll hopefully see you all at Gainsville.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Great tourney guys!

I'm still mad at myself for a couple of my single perfomances, but I'll get over it...

Anyways, shoutouts.

DarkFashion: No, I will not stop shining you. I will shine you to the end of the earth and back. gwa. And lol at your "secret weapon that 4-stocked Halo." I own Fox dittoes. Don't believe me? play me in the next tourney. lolz It was a lot of fun doing friendlies at the end of the tourney, and talking. I wish I could've stayed longer. Until the next time we meet. *shine* btw, come to L-town sometime. We need more games.

Exarch: Yeah, so I wish we had played more...I wanted a couple more games with my Sheik...bleh. Meh. Thanks for liking my Fox. lol

Derf: Why would you run??? I mean, you said nothing wrong. Your Sheik is freakin' amazing mang. The way you were obviously mind-gaming me by letting me chain-grab you repeatedly....awesome. I was taken aback. I'm humbled. I'm honestly considering dropping her now that I've seen how bad I am compared to you...And your Zelda owned mine...wow

Nafix: You are a beast now. I know I kept saying stuff like that in the tourney, but you have some awesome skillz, mang. Want to play you again...

uuaa: Awesome teaming with you. We formed the most random team there, and won lunch and 10 bucks. Not bad, man. Not bad at all. Your Fox is faster than mine. so cool.

Vijin: I think that's the coolest shoutout I've ever gotten. Hit me up on aim anytime. I'll give you my secret tips there. I don't want to give out my strat on the boards.

Hiro: What's with talking all that trash, and then not even playing me? bleh

Angrylobster: I just want to apologize. I really felt so bad about how that happened. You just got like a really bad bracket, mine. Not sure even how that happened, but you probably would have won the tourney if it wasn't for me....you never know. Your Ness is a freakin' beast, though. One of the sexiest things I've ever seen. So very cool.

RFX: I'm calling for a rematch. You were good, I will give you a lot of credit there. I was sooo bad in our match, though. I figured out why after the tourney...Anyways, I'm not making johns. You were awesome, I just want a rematch. that's all.

Verickz: Pretty much what i said to RFX. ^^^

Law: yeah, it was cool, though. Sorry you couldn't be there.

I think that's it. I'll be seeing you guys next time.

On a side note, I can't go to GVille this weekend. Just can't handle the gas right now. sorry guys.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Alright Fen, I'll try and catch you on AIM.

Jarlax- .................................................. ...................... wow
haha

Anyway, I doubt Melbourne will be making it to G-Ville, sadly:( Something happened with RFX so he won't be able to make it. Not sure why yet, as I haven't been able to get in touch with him. But he's our ride, and if he can't go, then none of us will be able to go... I need that Saturday for study time, anyway >_< Hopefully we can make it to the next tournament though.

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
*Sigh* I didnt get to come..
At least my weekend didnt suck, but it kinda did cuz i didnt get to meet you all and now i have to train harder...
See you guys at the next one.... hopefully

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Vijin, we may be able to give you guys a ride, I'll have to double check with Bullitt first though

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hmmm...i guess i'll do shout outs now:

DF: congrats on first...i know vericz worried you though in that final round.

vericz: congrats on second. represent team what are the odds. we should have done A LOT better in teams. i think next time i'll just stick with falco and start beastin like you.

derf: congrats on third. dude your luigi is sick. i love how you do 20 aerials per jump..lol. great friendlies.

nafix: wow...we played a lot that day. i was surprised ..all the matches were fun and worthwhile. i like how you beat me in that sheik ditto even though i was 2 stock ahead at one point. good stuff.

uuaa: good job on getting second in teams. crazy fox. keep working on your falcon cause it has A LOT of potential.

fenrir: i saw your fox pwning DF. lol. good stuff boi. i tried to verse you remember... but then you had to go and do your tourney match. next time we will play.

angry lobster: dude sickNESS. thats what your ness is. crazy priority. my sheik should have been more aggressive. but oh well there will be rematches in the future i'm sure.

exarch: as always, crazy peach. my sheik actually beat you this time and didn't get pwned like the first time...even if it was with sudden death bombs.

rfx: dude crazy samus. and for jiggly...bleh...any jiggly can beat me...she so pwns me...lol..good game dude.. next time you will face my falco.

crom: crazy ganon.. you surprised me. you handled him very well. Next time maybe my falco can pwn you in a bigger board. lol. we kept getting yoshi's story. but yeah crazy ganon.

the law: awesome falco. your right, those were some close falco dittos. it could have went either way. well we'll both have to train up to rech vericz's level.lol...good games.

i didn't get to play a lot of you. like jarlax, sleek media, and cape. maybe next time.

gigabits: thanks for giving CFL a place to smash at regularly now. I REALLY appreciate it.

well i think thats all for now. if i missed anybody then great games and i'll post more up later if i remember them.good tourney. i had fun. till next time.

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Ha

I remember those bombs falling down on you guys. You were screaming saying "Eric look at this, BOMBS LIKE CRAZY!!1!one!!" while exarch was floating and you were edgehogging. You were lucky he got hit cause im pretty sure he would have got you with his peach's butt, heh. :laugh:

Anyways, h1roshi, i think that the STDFTW thing we had actually helped for the tourny, even if we needed a bit more warmup before the tourny, we did just wake up and go anyway. :ohwell:

-vericz

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I did it! I got shoutouts up!

Mwarhead; isn't the next tourney on 3/11? shouldn't you change the name of this thread? I don't think many people know about it.

**looks at double post button** this thread needs to be bumped with a good title

Top Bottom