• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2/11/06 Orlando FL SSBM Tourney

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys Derf asked if we could hold the Doubles BEFORE the singles.

I think this will be fine, but I wanted everyone's opinion on it.

derf

Smash Ace
id like to thank you guys in being so understanding and prompt with your responses. Just know i/we(smashers) really appreciate it

edit: also if its up for vote, i vote Team attack on, as having it off leads to some rather unovercomable strategies

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
What?! 11:30am? On a Saturday? Nooooo! I can't make that, I have class from 9am-5pm. Grr. Maybe next time...

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Effin figures! Just as I read my future, I cant make it to the tourny! :mad: I told my dad (the onewho drives me) right after the 2nd tourny when i got home i saw the3rd was on the eleventh! I was like "Hey Dad, can you bring me to the next one on Feb the 11th?" Sure enough he said yes! But seeing as how my dad has a horrible memory, in his mind that whole conversation never happened! And guess what! He made plans for that weekend! I guess its cool how he can forget my little insignificant tourny so he can see HIS friends and i have to come along! F-that! Sorry, but i wont be making it to this tourny which I practiced like a mother for and waited two long months for! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
That stinks that you can't make it, but have no fear I have made the schedule for april for GIGABITS which includes another tourney on March 11th and then April 15th.

MetalGemini

Smash Cadet
Sleek Media said:
Gamer rage is unhealthy and makes you look bad.
You know, Its better then smashing the crap out of a $30 controller and no one will even remember by the time i actually go to another tourny..... :embarrass

Ive gotten over it and im hoping the back up plan i had made some time ago works. Cuz im just slick like that :lick:

Edit: and thank you for holding more tournies in the future its much apprecitated.. I guess ill just spen my time playing H2 and getting better at Smash or w/e... :(

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Indeed, I am also glad to see that there are frequent smash tournaments in the area. Is there any chance that future tournaments will be held in the evenings? I can't speak for everyone, but I've always assumed that it is much easier to get out at night.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
SheerMadness said:
No one will take my SSB64 challenge?
as fun as the game was...everybody is too busy honing their skills in melee...i was a beast in ssb64 but i would suck now if i tried since melee consumes me now. srry...but we must move on...on another note our crew has been practicing. we be beasting. for those who dont know who our crew consists of its me, vericz, and uuaa. if we go we will make a presence.

-hiroshi

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
When I meet you in a tournament, I will show you how to make a presence. It's one thing to control a match. It's another thing to control a crowd.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Sleek Media said:
When I meet you in a tournament, I will show you how to make a presence. It's one thing to control a match. It's another thing to control a crowd.
Poll: Does this post make any sense whatsoever?

vericz

Smash Champion
I'm hoping whatever we plan will work out. uuaa's mom is going to his aunts house so we are going to see if zoro will be able to handle the ride situation. If so we will be at his house, playing smash all night!! NO SLEEP!!

-vericz

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
woot, as long as nothin goes wrong looks like melbourne will be there. Pullin out the CF at this one :p

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
dam...um...bad news......yeah remember how we were 99% chance of going......well it dropped to......about 5% chance of us going. turns out our rides are extremely iffy. uuaa always assumes that we will have a ride so now we got screwed and might notbe able to make it. that would really suck mondo balls. well lets see what happens.

-hiroshi

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Take a bus. I might have to do that myself...
Even so, chances of me somehow going are < 5%.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hehe, I'd rent a car, but I don't know the directions! X-P

Busbusbusbusbus. Are you too young to take one?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
You know, I was actually considering renting a car for the occassion, granted everyone would pitch in. I'm having a hella hard time finding information for a station in Winter Park that rents out if you're 20. Grr...

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, new smash boards member here. I'm pretty sure I'll be going as it's only 15 minutes away and I'd love to go to a non-school tourney. Should be fun.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Just a couple of things I want to mention to Central FL.

1. Can I please have full results for Doubles and Singles after the tourney.
2. Was there another tourney in Central during Jan? If so, full results from there would be awesome. Thanks.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Argh! Why does my life always have to be this difficult?

Here's the deal:
I am still looking very good for coming to this tourney. Basically, it would take a natural disaster to keep me away.

Unfortunately, Andrew is not coming with me. So, I will need a team partner. I've already looked into teaming with goldwing, but I'm still not sure if he is coming. If he is not, I'm going to have to scramble and find somebody.

My major problem is this:

I play in a jazz combo that decided to do a rehearsal from 9:30-11 that day. It takes me an hour and a half to get to the tourney on avg.

I'm going to try to get out of it early. I will definitely leave by 10:30.

My main point is that I'm going to be a little bit late. If you guys could hold the actual tourney start for, lik, a half hour, that would be great.

I don't really expect this to be a problem as tourneys usually start about an hour after the "start time" anyway. I'm not even talking about gigabits here, every tourney I've been to has started abit late.

Anyways, just an update to let you guys know what's up. c ya

Top Bottom