• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

12 days of updates Left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
Assuming the dojo updates end on the 24th wen Brawl finally launches in japan ..That means we have 12 days of dojo updates left(considering weekends they dont update)..So what are the chances of us getting any Veteran updates/Newcomers. Since we will know the starting roster + all the characters in the game by the time of Brawl's Release Date in the U.S i dont see any point in the dojo continueing to update thier site after the 24th..=\ i dont know just my idea on the situation..what do u guys think? Think we will get any Newcomers/veterans in 12 days time? or simply more surprise updates in 12 days time?

Zek

Smash Ace
The Dojo won't end immediately after Japan's launch. I think that after the 24th they'll start announcing all the characters one at a time, at least one per week. But yeah, it's 12 updates until nobody really cares anymore because we'll know everything anyway.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
That doesnt really answer my question now does it? Im asking for everyone's opinions its not just a yes or no question -.-
When more than 3/4 of the comminuty agrees on the same thing (no more characters on the DOJO until it no longer matters), I don't think the reason why needs to be said anymore.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
When more than 3/4 of the comminuty agrees on the same thing (no more characters on the DOJO until it no longer matters), I don't think the reason why needs to be said anymore.
We can all agree on the stupidest things we want to, but it wouldn't make it true. Though seemingly unlikely, Sakurai still could pull out a character before release, we just dont know.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
With the exception of either finally revealing Shiek or adding in a last-minute 3rd party character to build up the hype just before the release of the game, I don't really think there's going to be any more character updates until after the 24th.

It's not like the Dojo will stop updating after that release either, it's pretty much certain that the site will go on to reveal hidden information much like what the japanese Melee site did after the game got released in Japan.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
NO!

10char

(to the updates ending after the Japan release)

And as for your other question, we'll just have to find out, won't we.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it will still update after the 24th but we will already know all the info anyway( of course I will still go there)

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
It would be fun to see the DOJO update all the way to the UK release date. (Assuming that it is very far away, T_T!)

"Ehh, well you already knew this... but isn't it cool!"

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
It would be fun to see the DOJO update all the way to the UK release date. (Assuming that it is very far away, T_T!)

"Ehh, well you already knew this... but isn't it cool!"

That would mean Alot..and i mean ALOT of filler updates lol..

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Meh, I'm not too worried. We'll get plenty of updates from other sources then, which should last us the couple of weeks until it comes out in America.

Poor Europeans...

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
If I lived in Europe, I'd seriously get an NTSC Wii and a copy of Brawl. the 6+ months would just be UNBAREABLE

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Meh, I'm not too worried. We'll get plenty of updates from other sources then, which should last us the couple of weeks until it comes out in America.

Poor Europeans...
yeah in only 2 weeks we will know everything

Coselm

Smash Ace
I remember reading somewhere that the dojo will continue updating even after Brawl comes out.

Even if that's not true, expect updates until the game hits shelves world wide.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I sense one final 3rd party character, someone HUGELY important the day before Brawl is released in Japan. I think that will complete the list. In addition I see many awesome updates to come after it's released. Things that nobody thought of.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I sense one final 3rd party character, someone HUGELY important the day before Brawl is released in Japan. I think that will complete the list. In addition I see many awesome updates to come after it's released. Things that nobody thought of.
Who's that 3rd party character you are thinking of:confused:

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
if they stop updating the dojo on the 24th its no loss, you arent getting less information, you are getting more information

I

i8waffles612

The Dojo will must likely keep updating even after the US release date.

Boofer

Smash Ace
In one of his quotes, he mentioned revealing secret characters "just like smash fist" (the melee site). He updated the secrets after the game was released, so I'd bet money that he'll keep updating the site after it's released in Japan.

=Fiercedeity=

Smash Cadet
Assuming the dojo updates end on the 24th wen Brawl finally launches in japan ..That means we have 12 days of dojo updates left(considering weekends they dont update)..So what are the chances of us getting any Veteran updates/Newcomers. Since we will know the starting roster + all the characters in the game by the time of Brawl's Release Date in the U.S i dont see any point in the dojo continueing to update thier site after the 24th..=\ i dont know just my idea on the situation..what do u guys think? Think we will get any Newcomers/veterans in 12 days time? or simply more surprise updates in 12 days time?
Im thinking Sakurai will suprise us with updating all the old characters in like 1 post(Example the melee old stages just like that) or 2 post hopefully we see all are Veteran/any newcomer fighters come in as soon as next week or this whole week im just hoping we will.....:confused:

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
That would mean Alot..and i mean ALOT of filler updates lol..
The Dojo hasn't updated on a lot of things as it is. Pokemon, ATs, items, all that jazz. It won't be filler. In fact, it'll be like the updates as they are right now, except the game will already be out and for those that have the game or read everything about it online it will, indeed, be seen as filler, but to those that would still not have the game its better than nothing.

I doubt they would just completely stop updating once the game is out just because the game is out. I'm sure they will add info on everything they didn't add.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
I think the Dojo will keep updating until it's complete or it will be fully updated when it's out, maybe only fully updated for the things wich you start with, after some time it will be complete with the unlockables.

Nightcloud

Smash Journeyman
I kinda of hope it does end on the 24th..So many of us lost so much sleep waiting for the updates and/or the anticipation on whats gonna be next on the dojo lol.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I really don't htink it'll end on the 24th..

If it does, we have ALOT of information to cover in 12 updates..

Quadruple updates anyone?

Eaode

Smash Champion
I don't get this AT ALL. Explain a lil' bit more, for the ******* like me. Lol.
The forums don't let you post anything that is shorter than 10 characters (letters/numbers/spaces etc.) So if people want to post something like "NO!", they have to fill up the remaining 7 characters with something, hence the use of "10char" and the like.

Mama

Smash Ace
I don't get this AT ALL. Explain a lil' bit more, for the ******* like me. Lol.
Cant post less than 10 letters or characters. So if a person says hello they add 10char to make it more than 10 characters.

On topic I think it highly likely that the updates will end on the 24th there would really be no need. I barely check them nowadays like I used to since theres nothing really worth while anymore. And I think doing so would only hurt the people thinking we'll have the entire game (or roster) revealed through updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom