• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$100 Money Match - t1mmy (Kirby) vs t0mmy (Pichu)

entranscend

Smash Rookie
Good music choice, too (:

I loved the ending of the second one, I wasn't quite sure who died until a second later d:

Awesome vids!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I added links to Filefront for downloads. I find the quality much better than with YouTube when viewing.

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
the game theoriest in me suggests why not play 5 $20 money matches? doesn't reduce expected value but decreases variance a ****-load.

still good matches though. i don't want to spoil the ending :p

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I knew that
t0mmy
would win.
T1mmy
himself told me that
t0mmy
could beat his Ice Climbers with Sheik.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
OMG. Is the song for the fourth match what I think it is? It's a remix for the Chao World from Sonic Adventure 1.

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was going to say. Omnigamer isn't that good, kirbster used to be really good with Kirby, not so much anymore. I can't say about KKK, I've maybe only seen him play twice. Timmy is, honestly, probably the best Kirby player in the US.

araknophobik

Smash Master
hmm too bad i showed up late on the 2nd day of oc3
i heard mike y ***** both of you in crews lol but i wanted to see tommy's pichu play. hard to find pichu players. i dont think either of you went low tier though i think you guys went fox or something.

glad to see the pichu walked away with all that paepa though.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
i heard mike y ***** both of you in crews lol but i wanted to see tommy's pichu play. hard to find pichu players. i dont think either of you went low tier though i think you guys went fox or something.

No, Mike Y ***** Oregon in crews. lolz

His Marth took out our first two players (Falcon and Fox) with two stock left. I went in with Fox and exchanged 2 stock for his last 2 stock. He didn't play aginst t0mmy. And I didn't use Kirby (in crews) because I would have incurred the wrath of my teammates had I done so. (Poor Kirby)
I played Kirby about 99% of the games at 0C3, which is more than I thought I'd get away with. :kirby:

If you wanted to see t0mmy's Pichu at 0C3, one of his matches got recorded. You can see it here:

http://www.getyourtournament.com/400692.html
(click on "round 2" below the video controls)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Umm, KrazyKirbyKid? Omnigamer? Kirbster? :p

Anywho, nice matches. t0mmy has an interesting Pichu. I haven't seen the use of his up b like that.
KrazyKirbyKid placed lower than both t!mmy and Nashun at OC3, Omnigamer doesn't compare to the other Kirby players, and I really don't know much about Kirbster, but I don't see him playing Kirby anymore. KingKirby90 is really good, but he quit playing Smash.

I didn't play him in crews. I suggested I play against him because I'm comfortable against a good Marth, but two other players decided they wanted to play more so they went in (I always have best strategy for the crew but am never Captain for some reason). One the players is fairly new to Smash, so it wasn't good for the match, but he got some good practice & motivation from it which pays off more in the end. I actually did fairly well against the SoCal crew when I played, so NYAH. X^D
But, yeah, I'm happy Pichu walked away with the cash as well... he did his windup toy walk when he went away with it. I wish I had got some of it though :^(

Eh, let's see if t!mmy can get a kill of Mew2King's Fox then :chuckle:
I heard he took a stock off M2K's Marth at OC3.

i agree, first match was kinda boring. ill watch the rest later i suppose.
I agree too. I didn't have a chance to warm up before the match, t1mmy had just woken up from a nap and it takes me a while to calm down whenever I'm in a big match so I was messing up a lot >_<
I'd suggest just skipping the first one and watching the rest, heh heh. But it's there anyway because it's part of the set.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Very interesting. I hope I get the chance to play with that much money on the line one day.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
dude seeing the money spent on this best of... five is awesome with there low characters.

reminds me of... the game before the tier list, man the game was way more fun then in alot of ways.... just reminds me why some i play random character matches till we go through the cast, cause diff characters are way fun. anywho fun matches to watch

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
KrazyKirbyKid placed lower than both t!mmy and Nashun at OC3, Omnigamer doesn't compare to the other Kirby players, and I really don't know much about Kirbster, but I don't see him playing Kirby anymore. KingKirby90 is really good, but he quit playing Smash.
Hey, **** happens lol
I'd love to see t!mmy beat KoreanDJ in a MM the way KrazyKirbyKid did.
Btw, Kirbstr is still sick with Kirby, don't worry, he just feels like winning more often :chuckle:
I heard he took a stock off M2K's Marth at OC3.
Fox ***** Kirby harder :p

edit: M2K said he doesn't remember getting killed by a Kirby or even playing a person named "t!mmy" :p

_kSo_

Smash Master
dude seeing the money spent on this best of... five is awesome with there low characters.
i think the more money on the line, the more rounds should be played

IMO

$100 - best of 19 (first to 10) EVO style!
$60 - best of 11 (first to 5)
$30 - best of 7 (first to 4)
<$30 - best of 5 (first to 3)

if you bet more than $100 in a money match, you'd better have the money up front lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
t0mmy, NJ'z, quit debating about Kirby players in this thread. The fact is KK Kid is awesome, so is Nashun, and so is anyone who has the brass to main Kirby. NJ'z knows what he's talking about, and so does t0mmy.

And I didn't take a stock off M2K with Kirby, I did it with Marth (he wanted ditto practice). Mind you, this was a friendly - I'm sure M2K could 4-stock my Marth had he tried.

BTW: I'd rather fight Fox than Marth with Kirby.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
BTW: I'd rather fight Fox than Marth with Kirby.
It's all good. It's just preferance :p I mean, I'd rather fight Falco than Link with Zelda.

Anyways, yeah, sorry for going a bit off topic in your thread. B
ack to the purpose of this thread! Those matches are epic (watched them all over again).

Does anyone know how much lag Pichu has after using his Up B the way t0mmy did? The upsmash to Up B looked almost instant.

Top Bottom