• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.10 Balance change speculation?

Temkin

BUSTER
Just an idea but I think as a group we should ban together and get Sakurai's attention. For the past few days I have been going on For Glory and just SDing every match so that hopefully they will see this. Really think if even a few people do this but over and over we could get him to at least notice that we don't like the current Samus.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
They actually did buff Charge Shot and Missiles. Mii Gunner's Charge Shot and Missiles. Wtf. Did they forget where those moves came from?

❤ Nikodemus05

Zero Skill Spamus
NNID
Nikodemus05
3DS FC
3952-7737-9671
Hopefully the next patch isn't too far away, but as some of you have stated, we really do need to get this out there and get it's attention.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Old nair that autocancels
Down B that hits opponent when touched
Old d-smash that makes you think twice about approaching Samus
A crawl
F-smash increased sweetspot size and hitboxes that match the visuals
Dash attack hitboxes match the move
A jab 1 that combos or at least has more hitstun and sooner IASA frames
An untechable u-tilt with less BKB
A slightly shorter short hop for nairs/missiles/CS/zair so she actually hits stuff
Faster roll animation
Better airspeed
A better d-throw for follow-ups
A better f-throw for follow-ups

Hey look it's everything ZSS HAS ALREADY RRNNNNNGH-
image.jpg

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey I know this isn't my best work but I'm going to make posts like this constantly, hopefully my growing group of followers "yeahs" these enough to keep my top of the popularity posting consistent and people will have to see them.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Its funny that charge shot is brought up, considering its like, the only charged attack that can't be charged in the air, making it even more situational to use.
Add in the fact that a good chunk of the cast has reflectors or other ranged counters as well, one of Samus' best tools in FFAs (and 1v1s), is made significantly less viable. If I'm on the sidelines trying to use charge shot to net all my kills, not only are my (casual, by the way) opponents quick to use their reflectors, but I also become the target player. With weak grabs, rolls, and standard attacks, Samus pretty much suffers the same in a FFA. IMO, Samus is designed to make the person playing as her frustrated.

Compare this Samus to Melee and PM Samus (who is better in nearly every aspect) to SSB4 Samus, and she does just fine in FFAs, but is far from overpowered in these scenarios. I mean, has anyone else noticed Samus dominating FFAs so much in previous smash games?
Samus can't charge her's in the air to make up for how heavy she is. And in reality people are hesitant to use their reflectors because either there's risk in getting it interrupted or getting punished by a Usmash or something from another character. Like in 1v1s, you have to be smart with it's usage.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
You can do things like give Charizard a combo throw and an easily interrupted KO throw without effecting the overall FFA balance. Most combos don't really work in FFAs, actually.
Lancer, you can't have it both ways, which is what you're trying to reason. You can't say that a move like a combo throw and KO throw are muted balance changes because they don't impact FFA and at the same time say the game is balanced around FFA. There's a massive logical disconnect. Either the game is being balanced around FFA or it isn't. Those changes have to significantly impact FFA for the game to be balanced around FFA.
What I'm saying, which is patently obvious, is that those changes are for 1v1 play, specifically. Sheik's back-air was not nerfed in knockback because it was killing too many people in FFA with items on.
I can understand your attempt at devil's advocate but you're flat wrong, your position is untenable, I have the perfect counter example: sheik's b-air. I'm sorry, there's no way you're going to convince me, or anyone of sound mind, that sheik's b-air was changed for FFA balance reasons.
This round, and every other round has not been to balance FFA.

For the record I play a fair amount of FFA and I never go a match without landing a big pack of combos. The people I meet on for-glory or for-fun likewise have no problem doing DDD chain grabs, fox jab locks and any number of their own character specific combos. Once again, Samus has no particular advantage in FFA, teams or any mode.

Last edited:

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
Samus can't charge her's in the air to make up for how heavy she is. And in reality people are hesitant to use their reflectors because either there's risk in getting it interrupted or getting punished by a Usmash or something from another character. Like in 1v1s, you have to be smart with it's usage.
But Samus's projectiles can't be cancelled any more, so she has much more cool down.
If any of them are reflected at full speed, the window for shielding is pretty small, and the shield damage done by reflected projectiles will be even greater.

Hey I know this isn't my best work but I'm going to make posts like this constantly, hopefully my growing group of followers "yeahs" these enough to keep my top of the popularity posting consistent and people will have to see them.
AAA I LOVE YOUR POSTS
THEY'RE AMAZING

Last edited by a moderator:

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Samus is also floaty and dies pretty easily off the top, especially for a heavyweight. i don't see how her weight makes it okay for her not to be able to charge in the air. It's an unnecessary limit.

And that's kind of my point. In FFAs you still have to play Samus extra careful, extra cautious or "smart." No different from 1v1. Even if charge shot was more powerful and broken, that doesn't excuse her severe lack of options in so many other categories.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
By F A R the best art I've seen on Samus support
Well I appreciate that, and to keep this from derailing way off topic all future posts to miiverse concerning this matter will be in my support Samus miiverse thread. I'll also be looking for and relaying any posts calling out the Devs on Samus' lack of attention.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
I'm really disappointed that Samus didn't see any attention in the patch. I don't know if the devs just... decided not to get to her this patch because they were busy buffing Robin and fixing infinites/glitches, because I don't know how else they would address things like jabs chaining together on other characters yet keep Samus's as interruptible as it's been from day one. It just doesn't make any sense.

All I want to see on her:

* Jab 1 properly combos into jab 2
* Less animation lag on missiles
* Samus doesn't go into morph ball if she makes contact with a morph bomb while on the ground
* A kill throw at high percents (I don't think this is unreasonable considering her risky grab)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lancer, you can't have it both ways, which is what you're trying to reason. You can't say that a move like a combo throw and KO throw are muted balance changes because they don't impact FFA and at the same time say the game is balanced around FFA. There's a massive logical disconnect. Either the game is being balanced around FFA or it isn't. Those changes have to significantly impact FFA for the game to be balanced around FFA.
What I'm saying, which is patently obvious, is that those changes are for 1v1 play, specifically. Sheik's back-air was not nerfed in knockback because it was killing too many people in FFA with items on.
I can understand your attempt at devil's advocate but you're flat wrong, your position is untenable, I have the perfect counter example: sheik's b-air. I'm sorry, there's no way you're going to convince me, or anyone of sound mind, that sheik's b-air was changed for FFA balance reasons.
This round, and every other round has not been to balance FFA.

For the record I play a fair amount of FFA and I never go a match without landing a big pack of combos. The people I meet on for-glory or for-fun likewise have no problem doing DDD chain grabs, fox jab locks and any number of their own character specific combos. Once again, Samus has no particular advantage in FFA, teams or any mode.
Yes I can. FFAs take priority over 1v1s. When Sakurai can balance 1v1s without breaking FFA, he will. Is it that hard to understand?

Combos are largely irrelevant for FFAs. A little extra damage here and there doesn't mean anything... It's all about KOs.

Did I say Samus was OP in FFA? She's more balanced in FFA. That, and the game is balanced for intermediate play.

But Samus's projectiles can't be cancelled any more, so she has much more cool down.
If any of them are reflected at full speed, the window for shielding is pretty small, and the shield damage done by reflected projectiles will be even greater.
How does that make reflectors any safer? Megaman doesn't turn over and die from 'em, clearly they can be beaten.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman

Kind of odd that nobody's posted this. Or maybe they did in another thread? Well, anyway......it illustrates a lot of Samus's issues in a short span of time. It doesn't cover everything that's wrong with her, but it's good and it's short enough that it will be easy to get people to watch. Spread this video around with the mandatory phrase "Sakurai, plz buff."

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex

Kind of odd that nobody's posted this. Or maybe they did in another thread? Well, anyway......it illustrates a lot of Samus's issues in a short span of time. It doesn't cover everything that's wrong with her, but it's good and it's short enough that it will be easy to get people to watch. Spread this video around with the mandatory phrase "Sakurai, plz buff."
Needs more shielded jabs, sh aerials and zairs getting punished because she jumps too high, whiffed f-smashes/up-smashes, failed follow-ups from d-throw, bombs not helping, up-air not linking properly and d-smashes not killing at 180%.

Last edited:

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
Im not that experienced with pixelart/oekaki but

I put my two cents

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Sorry for dbl post phone messed up :-(

Hilarious we posted this within 1hr of each other! (mines in Gameplay topic). As you said keep it going around, before any "buffs" she needs her moves to be corrected!

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey

Posted to the main smash community

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex

Posted to the main smash community
If you want to anger Smash fans, mention the fact that Luigi was buffed and now has another potential setup into a grab. That's probably the most quizzical buff in the whole patch.

http://smashboards.com/threads/swf-community-voted-tier-list-version-2-11-new-votes-from-the-28th-of-july.379736/

If you have not done so already this round, go to the above thread and vote Samus down. (Plus two other votes.) I think we need two or three more votes to get her down a tier. (Two people actually voted her up early on.) If we want people to realize how much Samus needs buffs, we need to make sure that the tier list doesn't overrate her.
Ehh, she's not terrible. She's just barely good. So yes, make her 48th/53rd/whatever

NamelessHunter

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be the painfully optimistic guy and suggest that the problem characters (ones that need to basically be rebuilt,) might get a dedicated patch.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yes I can. FFAs take priority over 1v1s. When Sakurai can balance 1v1s without breaking FFA, he will. Is it that hard to understand?
Combos are largely irrelevant for FFAs. A little extra damage here and there doesn't mean anything... It's all about KOs.
@ LancerStaff LancerStaff once again your vague assertions are not proof. I see absolutely no evidence that FFAs "take priority" over 1v1s since EVERY balance change has been to adjust 1v1.
I've given you a perfect example of a balance change, sheik's b-air nerf.
You have yet to provide even a single example of how balance changes have been geared towards FFA.
A little extra damage does actually mean a whole pile of stuff, particularly for grounded moves and priority. Our up-tilt among other moves when stale can clank with a 1 damage jab.
If it were 14 or 15% it would never happen, and we would beat out other moves when fresh. This is the sort of crap we have to deal with regularly as a Samus main.
I don't understand your "It's all about KOs" remark either. Damage leads to KOs and combos do happen in FFA all the time.

Did I say Samus was OP in FFA? She's more balanced in FFA. That, and the game is balanced for intermediate play.
I'm sorry but that's what you come across as saying. Because frankly, having my n-air or d-air match the animation on screen is not suddenly going to break the character. Or any of the other suggestions for that matter.

Gypsy_Panic

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-7237-7012
I'm gonna be the painfully optimistic guy and suggest that the problem characters (ones that need to basically be rebuilt,) might get a dedicated patch.
I can possibly see this happening. But who else besides Samus got shafted this patch?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
@ LancerStaff LancerStaff once again your vague assertions are not proof. I see absolutely no evidence that FFAs "take priority" over 1v1s since EVERY balance change has been to adjust 1v1.
I've given you a perfect example of a balance change, sheik's b-air nerf.
You have yet to provide even a single example of how balance changes have been geared towards FFA.
A little extra damage does actually mean a whole pile of stuff, particularly for grounded moves and priority. Our up-tilt among other moves when stale can clank with a 1 damage jab.
If it were 14 or 15% it would never happen, and we would beat out other moves when fresh. This is the sort of crap we have to deal with regularly as a Samus main.
I don't understand your "It's all about KOs" remark either. Damage leads to KOs and combos do happen in FFA all the time.

I'm sorry but that's what you come across as saying. Because frankly, having my n-air or d-air match the animation on screen is not suddenly going to break the character. Or any of the other suggestions for that matter.

Sakurai keeps saying that the game is a party game first, and if you want a better 1v1 mode to go play a dedicated fighting game.

That, and if he's actually trying to balance 1v1s, where's the Sheik nerfs? Why does practically everybody with a Charge Shot move suck? Why is it that the tier list is practically a overall character speed list? Why are FFAs actually balanced compared to 1v1s?

Why are most of the changes for 1v1s, you ask? Because they pretty much hit the nail on the head in the beginning. They're not going to change everybody just to say they're balancing it.

Samus is better in FFA then 1v1s. She's more balanced in FFA. Is it that hard to understand?

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai keeps saying that the game is a party game first, and if you want a better 1v1 mode to go play a dedicated fighting game.

That, and if he's actually trying to balance 1v1s, where's the Sheik nerfs? Why does practically everybody with a Charge Shot move suck? Why is it that the tier list is practically a overall character speed list? Why are FFAs actually balanced compared to 1v1s?

Why are most of the changes for 1v1s, you ask? Because they pretty much hit the nail on the head in the beginning. They're not going to change everybody just to say they're balancing it.

Samus is better in FFA then 1v1s. She's more balanced in FFA. Is it that hard to understand?
A party game, that also includes a 1v1 mode dedicated to itemless battles on a flat stage. Sakurai emphasizes Smash as a party game, yes, but the fact that he included For Glory shows that he's willing to provide balance in more serious gameplay situations (and that's one of my current issues with the Smash dev. team, that they are balancing geared towards 1v1 matches, yet ignoring Samus)

Sheik had minor nerfs, but remember diddy? Tons of nerfs! lol
Also, lots of low tiers are getting buffs, rather than just nerfing all the high tiers. Which is a good start, so I give some props to the dev team. they are just failing to address Samus. But your point about nerfs and buffs actually just proves that Smash is getting balanced more towards 1v1s.

Not everyone with a charge move sucks: what about rosalina, or sheik, or ness, or ROB? and even if the character that has a charge shot sucks, nearly all of them perform better than samus, 1v1 or FFA.

Again, the top tiers aren't necessarily just speedsters. Ness and Luigi?

Who says FFAs are balanced? This is news to me.

I need more substantial proof that Samus is better in FFAs than 1v1s. I already pointed out her weight is not an issue considering she is floaty and dies easily off the top. Her floatiness also makes it harder for her to land when there are more players covering the stage. her laggy grab means that there are more people to punish her. Her tiny, broken hitboxes mean that she will be hitting one person at a time, while other characters have much less an issue throwing out hitboxes in a FFA. All her laggy moves mean that even if she connects against one opponent, there's plenty of time for other opponents to capitalize. She still has issues KO'ing, so in a timed match, she is at a disadvantage for viable moves to score points, being forced to rely on situational charge shots.

I'm not the 1v1 Samus expert that most regulars on the Samus board are, but I've played FFAs extensively, and I strongly think, based on my experience, that Samus' properties make her just as weak in FFAs when compared to 1v1, and that her lack of buffs cannot be excused by her FFA performance.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Ok @ LancerStaff LancerStaff I think you're hung up on a few elements of a famitsu article and you're not reading the rest of it.

Here is a direct quote from the "Art of balancing":
Sakurai said:
Another problem we have to consider is that battles can take on many formats in Smash. There are moves that are completely useless in a 1v1 battle, but in a four-player free-for-all those moves might prove quite useful. Therefore, if I played only one kind of battle, the game would feel very slanted towards a particular style of play.
This game is NOT as you say "primarily balanced around FFA". It isn't.
Yes he wants a good party game but NO party game does not imply FFA necessarily.

Do you remember Day 1 sheik on the 3DS? She was insane. She has been hit with nerf after nerf after nerf. She still needs more, conceptually a character that has low damage and no punish windows is just a bad design idea.

Do I think Samus is better "balanced" in FFAs? No. Can you prove to me she's better balanced in FFA? I'm going to say no as well. Because just saying "FFA" doesn't suddenly mean my up-B out of shield will not clank. That my n-air does not match the on-screen animation. My tiny hitboxes stuck right beside my hurtboxes do not magically rectify my priority problems by waving the FFA wand. It's pretty much the opposite in fact, with more hitboxes flying around the screen.

This character isn't balanced correctly, for any mode. I really love the character, inside and out of the game, and I will continue to play her until I'm truly a master. I actually really like the smash 4 "concept" of Samus, really and truly. A good win with Samus is in my mind at least, the highest style and skill Smash 4 can display.
That doesn't mean the frustration inducing moments and poor design decision are not real. They are very real, we cope with it all the time, they are not for "balance", in any mode.
They are crippling in some of the most asinine ways imaginable, like having people randomly fall out of up-smash and then watching yoshi's b-air fully connect "for no good reason".
The code definitely could be changed for our quality of life and peace of mind - at the very least.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Charizard's repeated Flare Blitz nerf was prolly aimed at FFA, vast majority are dedicated to 1v1 play tho, because casuals playing FFA don't care or probably even know what the patches do.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
A party game, that also includes a 1v1 mode dedicated to itemless battles on a flat stage. Sakurai emphasizes Smash as a party game, yes, but the fact that he included For Glory shows that he's willing to provide balance in more serious gameplay situations (and that's one of my current issues with the Smash dev. team, that they are balancing geared towards 1v1 matches, yet ignoring Samus)

Sheik had minor nerfs, but remember diddy? Tons of nerfs! lol
Also, lots of low tiers are getting buffs, rather than just nerfing all the high tiers. Which is a good start, so I give some props to the dev team. they are just failing to address Samus. But your point about nerfs and buffs actually just proves that Smash is getting balanced more towards 1v1s.

Not everyone with a charge move sucks: what about rosalina, or sheik, or ness, or ROB? and even if the character that has a charge shot sucks, nearly all of them perform better than samus, 1v1 or FFA.

Again, the top tiers aren't necessarily just speedsters. Ness and Luigi?

Who says FFAs are balanced? This is news to me.

I need more substantial proof that Samus is better in FFAs than 1v1s. I already pointed out her weight is not an issue considering she is floaty and dies easily off the top. Her floatiness also makes it harder for her to land when there are more players covering the stage. her laggy grab means that there are more people to punish her. Her tiny, broken hitboxes mean that she will be hitting one person at a time, while other characters have much less an issue throwing out hitboxes in a FFA. All her laggy moves mean that even if she connects against one opponent, there's plenty of time for other opponents to capitalize. She still has issues KO'ing, so in a timed match, she is at a disadvantage for viable moves to score points, being forced to rely on situational charge shots.

I'm not the 1v1 Samus expert that most regulars on the Samus board are, but I've played FFAs extensively, and I strongly think, based on my experience, that Samus' properties make her just as weak in FFAs when compared to 1v1, and that her lack of buffs cannot be excused by her FFA performance.
No, doesn't mean much of anything. He'll balance it as much as he can without effecting FFAs in any real way.

Bunch of buffs too. Got more this patch.

Those don't function like Samus's Charge Shot. They either can't be held with free movement, or don't KO. WFT, Mewtwo, Robin, and Lucario have Charge Shot-like moves, and out of all of them Lucario's the only viable one because he won't be dying half as fast in 1v1s. The rest are highly flawed.

And they have their combos which don't work nearly as well in FFA. Samus doesn't get any because she's designed around not being able to defend herself.

Who's the Shiek of FFA? Who does terrible?

Floatyness doesn't have nearly as much an effect as you say, and most KO moves are more horizontal. Let me describe a three person time match... Samus, Captain Falcon, and Luigi. Samus runs off and Caps and Luigi duke it out. Samus is lobbing CSs at the other two, and finally ticks off Caps. Now Luigi can plink away with the fireballs. Who should Luigi target? Captain Falcon, so he doesn't KO combo Samus. If Captain Falcon doesn't stop targeting Samus they he can't win. Luigi doesn't want to target Samus either for similar reasons. So what stops Samus? Somebody has to decide to go for her so it's possible to win, but they can't target her too long or they'll get double-teamed.

I'd sooner trust my friend with a 75% winrate on Glory FFAs with just Samus.

Ok @ LancerStaff LancerStaff I think you're hung up on a few elements of a famitsu article and you're not reading the rest of it.

Here is a direct quote from the "Art of balancing":

This game is NOT as you say "primarily balanced around FFA". It isn't.
Yes he wants a good party game but NO party game does not imply FFA necessarily.

Do you remember Day 1 sheik on the 3DS? She was insane. She has been hit with nerf after nerf after nerf. She still needs more, conceptually a character that has low damage and no punish windows is just a bad design idea.

Do I think Samus is better "balanced" in FFAs? No. Can you prove to me she's better balanced in FFA? I'm going to say no as well. Because just saying "FFA" doesn't suddenly mean my up-B out of shield will not clank. That my n-air does not match the on-screen animation. My tiny hitboxes stuck right beside my hurtboxes do not magically rectify my priority problems by waving the FFA wand. It's pretty much the opposite in fact, with more hitboxes flying around the screen.

This character isn't balanced correctly, for any mode. I really love the character, inside and out of the game, and I will continue to play her until I'm truly a master. I actually really like the smash 4 "concept" of Samus, really and truly. A good win with Samus is in my mind at least, the highest style and skill Smash 4 can display.
That doesn't mean the frustration inducing moments and poor design decision are not real. They are very real, we cope with it all the time, they are not for "balance", in any mode.
They are crippling in some of the most asinine ways imaginable, like having people randomly fall out of up-smash and then watching yoshi's b-air fully connect "for no good reason".
The code definitely could be changed for our quality of life and peace of mind - at the very least.
And the example is towards balancing 1v1s destroying FFAs. Between that, every other interview saying that Sakurai cares more about FFAs, and the actual balance of the game, it's obvious that it's balanced around FFAs.

Day 1 Shieks were nonexistent because everybody was convinced Little Mac was overpowered. Actually, everybody said Shiek was trash until Diddy came along.

You're just at odds with virtually every player who has put a decent amount of time into FFAs. The only people I've heard say Samus is bad in FFAs are those trying to campaign Samus's faults around in a misguided attempt to get her buffs.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Why the hell are there scrubs coming on the Samus boards trying to tell us she isn't bad? Pardon my while I punch several babies in the face.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
But those other CS characters you mentioned like Robin and WFT did get massive buffs, why so if they do the same thing as Samus in FFA?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But those other CS characters you mentioned like Robin and WFT did get massive buffs, why so if they do the same thing as Samus in FFA?
They're not designed to be completely inept up close like Samus. You can't give Samus combos or anything powerful because then she will be able to defend herself and become broken.

That, and those two are still seriously flawed.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
But other CS characters aren't inept up close and still aren't broken?

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
My win rate is 74% on WiiU and 81% on 3DS with over 2500 matches on each.... does that mean everything I say you'll believe?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Lancer, the last couple of posts gave me a lot more insight into your reasoning and perception of what the game is. You have nearly 5000 posts so I assumed you were a more advanced player / expert.

I think you should do a few things:
#1 Fight better players. What you are saying in fighting game terminology is that you feel Samus is good at camping. Good players will not sit back and watch someone camp in FFA. In your specific, rather hilariously simplistic example, C.falcon would likely charge after Samus - and easily keep up with her since he runs/jumps/falls literally twice as fast. Both Falcon AND Luigi will turn on Samus if she gets a lead in any way and she cannot out-camp two players, it's all but impossible. You try to kill the leader and hunt the weak. That's FFA at a respectable level of play.
#2 Watch some videos from actual Samus players before you comment further. There are some very nice compilations, just this week Tonetta and Afrosmash put out some noteworthy ones.
#3 You say: "Most KO moves are horizontal (...) You can't give Samus anything powerful or combos (...)" Samus has tons, and tons of true combos. You will see them in compilation videos, you could look at my own compilations for instance, and there is a thread linked at the top of the forum detailing nearly 300 in gory detail. I don't really know what to say about most KO moves being "horizontal". This game is literally structured around having advantage over targets above you.

I'm not trying to be condescending, it's that you've said a bunch of things that are flat out wrong and ring alarm bells in my (and clearly other people's) minds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom