• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.06 Patch discussion/findings

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I'm not sure if this is placebo but his smash attacks feel a bit faster.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
Edit: I was too excited and nothing is probably different. I deleted my post due to not wanting to spread misinformation.

Last edited:
Testing it right now. I can't say much for knockback or frame speed. Damage output is the same. Art damage modifiers are the same for all arts

Buster f-tilt deals 18.2% damage (+40% boost)

218% after 12 f-tilts
200% after 11 f-tilts
182% after 10 f-tilts
127% after 7 f-tilts

So erm... No change. I did the same with speed art and the rest. Damage modifiers are the same. Including shield ;^;

Everything feels the same imo. Damage outputs are exactly the same. Knockback and frame speed? Idk

Last edited:
Buster pummel deals 4 percent instead of 5 lol.
Pummel dealt 4.2% damage in the old version. Damage output is still the same

Also, damage received seems to be the same too. x1.22 for jump art and x1.13 for buster art. Will try shield soon

Edit: 200% sure shield art is the same also

Frame speed and knockback, IDK. Vision knockback, I'm not really sure either.

Last edited:

SGJet

Smash Cadet
NNID
SGJet
Okay cool, I thought it was something odd like that. Thanks for the catch Berserker.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That's what I get for letting Reddit get my hopes up.

I can understand screwing up speed and such, that's generally people "feeling" it but how do you botch damage values. They're numbers in game. Gah

Oh well, I can just hope those faster superstitions are true.

Yeah... Damage. No change. Monado arts. No change either. Maybe I'm wrong with Smash art's knockback (maybe it got a knockback boost that I missed :O) or shield art's weight boost. Like I said, if anyone can prove me wrong, please do so.

Idk about attack speed, but I'll be honest. He doesn't feel any different.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
stetic change on all blue laser monado attacks they r more laser beam like. I like it

up smash, down and up air animation changed its bigger now. Dunno if it makes hitboxes bigger.

down smash animation is faster no doubt about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
I've tested things and I'm certain his up-air is faster. I'm not sure but I think his F-smash has more knockback

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah... Damage. No change. Monado arts. No change either. Maybe I'm wrong with Smash art's knockback (maybe it got a knockback boost that I missed :O) or shield art's weight boost. Like I said, if anyone can prove me wrong, please do so.

Idk about attack speed, but I'll be honest. He doesn't feel any different.
Still need more test...

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'l compare his moves after school to see if they're faster. (Unless someone else gets to it)
I've got 1.05 recorded and I'll compare it to 1.06

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
Yo, I'm not even completely sure what Shulk was like before the patch, can someone please provide some sort of information on his knock-back or defense? For example, can someone tell me what minimum percentage shulk can KO any one of the characters using his up smash when the other character is on the ground and the up smash is fully charged.

Neo Zero

I'l compare his moves after school to see if they're faster. (Unless someone else gets to it)
You my friend are a godsend. Could you perhaps upload a side by side comparison with your old footage and newly taken footage?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Will you try to make a video?

Neo Zero

Reminder to please remain on topic (and @ Goesasu Goesasu please use the edit function instead of repeated posting). Questions and observations are fine of course, as well as discussion on the validity of any proposed changes.

I don't know the numbers behind vision's current BKB/KBG but I don't think Vision was nerfed either. At least, that's what I think. I'll wait for the numbers.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Yo, I'm not even completely sure what Shulk was like before the patch, can someone please provide some sort of information on his knock-back or defense? For example, can someone tell me what minimum percentage shulk can KO any one of the characters using his up smash when the other character is on the ground and the up smash is fully charged.
Vanilla mode
Smash mode

Trent

Smash Champion
I just did a counter with Smash Monaco against DededeDededes jab in the middle of Gaur Plains Omega. He was at 99% and with DI he didn't die. Not sure if this is different or not.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
So
Reminder to please remain on topic (and @ Goesasu Goesasu please use the edit function instead of repeated posting). Questions and observations are fine of course, as well as discussion on the validity of any proposed changes.
Sorry about that, the hype was too strong.

Now im at work so no chance to test anything else. But im 100% sure about the changes i listed.

FOcast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FOcast763
The "All Monados" glitch with Yoshi's egg has been fixed. Fully charged UpSmash deals 25% as normal.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The "All Monados" glitch with Yoshi's egg has been fixed. Fully charged UpSmash deals 25% as normal.
It may not need the confirmation, but as I've been waiting for the patch to download, I've been informed by a friend that the Shulk/Yoshi thing's out. So I'll second it.

Last edited:

FreedomTP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7470-9645

monadoboyy

Smash Rookie
Reddit has now "confirmed" a buff to backslash, but I am guessing they made a mistake while testing it.

Shulk
  • Smash Attacks have been buffed (UNCONFIRMED)
  • Backslash nerfed from 16% -> 14% BUSTED
  • Back Slash, front: 9% -> 10% (spike) CONFIRMED
  • Back Slash back: 14% -> 16% (spike) CONFIRMED
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32oh35/super_smash_bros_4_v106_patch_notes_compilation/
Reddit isn't the most reliable source imo, specially with no visual proofs. Shulk feels exactly the same to me. Also, what do they mean with (spike)? There isn't any at all

Did some research on Shulk's KB (Tested on Malleo at 150%)

Dash attack 132 >> 132
F-tilt (Blade) 134 >> 134
D-tilt (Blade) 112 >> 112
U-tilt (Blade) 122 >> 122

F-smash (Sweetspot/No tilting/Full charge) 223 >> 223
D-smash (Up close, front hit/Full charge) 205 >> 205
U-smash (Up close/Full charge) 208 >> 208

N-air (Base hit) 103 >> 103
F-air (Base hit) 110 >> 110
B-air 139 >> 139
D-air 124 >> 124
U-air 139 >> 139

Back slash (Back hit) 170 >> 170
Air slash 138 >> 138
Vision ??

No change

Last edited:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Tested Shulk out this morning (Wii U version) and he seemed exactly the same. Yessss, was thinking they might have done something like removed MALLC, but overall, I'm satisfied even without any buffs.

With my subjective eyes and subjective mind, I conclude that vision is still as ridiculous as we remembered which is why I'm not going to bother throwing my claim about it into the official 1.06 patch thread without actual proof. Just saying

And unfortunately, I don't know how reliable it is now as an aerial counter (because I can't reliably test this)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I glade that they didn't remove MALLC, but I didn't think they will remove without the Monado arts becoming a annoyance to the player or changing removing the stances completely. Does Shulk walk/run speed feel a little faster to you or it just me?

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
It's just you, the patch excitement makes most people bias.
I swore his dair and uair felt like they connected better and has a tiny bit less lag, but it must've been the hype.
I edited and removed my post from this morning to avoid spreading misinformation.
I wish I didn't know I was wrong I felt like a god versus my training partner last night xD

Top Bottom