• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Nice Manacloud! That'll make a nice keepsake along with getting owned by the elite of smash. About how much do you think the shirt will cost? And would I be able to buy more for my friends who couldn't make it?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

Nice Manacloud! That'll make a nice keepsake along with getting owned by the elite of smash. About how much do you think the shirt will cost? And would I be able to buy more for my friends who couldn't make it?
right now it really depends on ink, cost of shirts, and how much we are thinking about profiting to help pay for venue cost. Right now i would say 25, but when the time comes i might lower it to 20 i think. It really just depends on how much donations we get etc. If i feel donations are still too low then shirts will be 25 and im not going to raise that price thats the highest it will go. If donations come in it saves me the trouble of finding another method of gathering donations to help pay fees like gas, venue. Then other things like the pot size for the tourney could be raised or more payouts to other finishers like top 6 gets paid or something.

As for how many shirts. I have to talk that over with the staff. I think i should make a poll or something to see who wants a shirt. I wont limit how many one can buy though, so if the first guy goes up to me and says ill take them all ill sell him all of it and poor Milktea would be behind him crying :crying: . Or he buys all the shirts and then resells it to her :evil:.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Oh wow. I would suggest ordering shirts before they're made and stuff, but that might be difficult online and would probably result in alot of shirts being made and people not buying what they say they'll buy.

I just hope it's not like what you said in the example where one guy buys all of them. That kind of stuff happens in like...Korean Pop concerts and stuff. Well, my mother saw someone buy 50 shirts at that concert so...oh boy.

I hope there will be some kind of poster as well. LiveWire talked about getting a cool poster last year and there were pros signatures all over it.

Anyways. Thank you for the answer and for working so hard for all of us.

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
Hey mana, in the final version, I'd leave it a little bit sketchy, as in, leave some of the sketch lines in as opposed to editing them out. It'll make it look a lot active and exciting, and it'll also make the whole image flow together as one.

...either that or get one kickass background in there too.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Hey mana, in the final version, I'd leave it a little bit sketchy, as in, leave some of the sketch lines in as opposed to editing them out. It'll make it look a lot active and exciting, and it'll also make the whole image flow together as one.

...either that or get one kickass background in there too.
i dont know about that because making it look sketchy would probably make it look like if dirt was on the shirt. Its better to make a clean piece on a shirt design becuase when its on the shirt the look maybe a lot different. Here we go on updates.

Oh btw, how many of you would buy this version of the shirt. It was the design for oc2 but we never actually made the shirt so the design is still here.

and now the new one updated. More characters to be added. Im running out of room shiet...:urg:

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
I like the sketched version better than the old one. It'll look even better after all the characters are added and color is applied.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Ken that is totally not what i said, you rock =P

edit: what is censor dodging?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
today

today i received an instant message by a person by the name of phillybillykiller on aim.

his exact words were i ****ing hate oc3 and im going to go to oc3 and laser spam everyone. I wont pick falco though and take my words lightly if you want.

This is a threat made by this person. I am telling everyone in advance that threats like this to me or anyone during oc3 will result in the cops. Ive already notified the cops in my area about this matter.

After what happened at virginia tech im not taking anything as someone trying to pull a prank or just hate us as a joke. Once we track down this person ip he will face legal consequences.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thats just somebody trying to get a raise out of the situation that happened up in ny. whoever did that is stupid and immature, but it wasnt ron

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
today i received an instant message by a person by the name of phillybillykiller on aim.

his exact words were i ****ing hate oc3 and im going to go to oc3 and laser spam everyone. I wont pick falco though and take my words lightly if you want.

This is a threat made by this person. I am telling everyone in advance that threats like this to me or anyone during oc3 will result in the cops. Ive already notified the cops in my area about this matter.

After what happened at virginia tech im not taking anything as someone trying to pull a prank or just hate us. Once we track down this person ip he will face legal consequences.
Maybe he's just gonna use fox..

But I guess that would be "taking him lightly" so taking any precautions is necessary.

hugQ Cortex

Master
That's scary.

After what happened at virginia tech im not taking anything as someone trying to pull a prank or just hate us as a joke. Once we track down this person ip he will face legal consequences.

Wow, that is CREEPY. Getting security for 0C3 would be a good idea. It would also be smart to check everyone's pockets/bags/pants so that guns don't go past the front door, or some sort of security check. We definitely don't want another Virginia Tech incident. Is the venue going to be on the ground floor, btw? If there were to be a shooting, God forbid, it would at least be faster to evacuate the area.

I hope this person gets caught.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
thats just somebody trying to get a raise out of the situation that happened up in ny. whoever did that is stupid and immature, but it wasnt ron
What situation in NY?

The more I read the IM the more I think it could be more than a prank. It definitely does seem like a threat. Good job notifying the police, manacloud. I hope everything goes well at OC3.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, i do hope this guy gets caught. even if it is a joke, its still a threat none the less.
and i think getting some kind of security there too would be a good idea, and the idea of checking peoples bags and stuff too

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
If bags are to be checked, I should probably leave my Speedo Thongs at home. But yeah, security may be a good idea, as nobody wants to have to look behind them every minute. These kinds of events are for relaxing and having fun--we're gamers, not gangsters.

Edit: I just looked at the registration list, and AZ is giving a lot of love to Cali--this makes me feel good inside. WOO, AZ!!!

D1

Banned via Administration
LMAO!

This is a prank Mana wow...its b/c in NY there was a situation w/ PhillyBilly from DA who got mad after losing a tourney set in teams and flipped, but didn't hurt anyone. Then afterwards he destroyed some inanimate objects and was carried outta the venue...no Cubes/controllers/TVs were harmed. Afterward he quit smash, ppl who didn't know him were scared he'd take further action since he made a post out of anger (which he wasn't serious about-he was just venting when he posted what he posted on the boards), but then afterward alotta ppl talked to him to confirm if everything is alright. And everything is alright.

This (phillybillykiller instant message prank) is the work of a loser who has nothing to do but strike fear into the hearts and minds of smashers who wanna go enjoy one of the best tourneys of the year.

Its not PhillyBilly.

Done.

No need for security.

Let the show go on.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
it wouldn't hurt to have security but HIGHLY doubtful that that was actually phillybilly. much more likely that it was a prank

lame

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
still as manacloud said. he doesnt want any threats of any kind or it will result in the cops. enough said. no threats, its not to take lightly

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
the STB will make sure all "merchandise " is left at home. Yet, if someone does decide to go " Virginia Tech" on us, The STB will have to regulate. All is safe here. ....Yeah, what dark said, this can't be taken lightly if someone decides to start beef. The STB is five strong though, so no worries.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
"Merchandise" eh? I don't see why we can't bring them along to Cali--we are Republicans, after all. We could just leave it in the Sex Train.

Threats, however, that's a serious problem--if we don't take precautionary action now, bad things are bound to happen. We cannot have this.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
STB will have to bring vests to this tourney. It is cali, and STB doesn't take threats lightly.

Zenith

Smash Ace
Hmm, I wanna make it to this.
But I'm going to Evo West.

That means I hafta save up $125 to go to both.
D***, that would be the best of both Worlds.

Justpha

Smash Journeyman
Yayuhz!!! Go OC3!!!!!!!!

If I don't have work that weekend, I volunteer to donate my time and effort to OC3!!!

How exciting!

I would pay $15 to see PC Chris play Bomb Soldier, $15 to see KDJ / M2K play Thunder. How much are you guys willing to pay to see such matches??

PS: that means I'll be donating $30 (for now) to the Japanese fund. It's not much, but I figure if everyone chips in $1-$3, it will be sufficient.

Sliq

Smash Master
I actually would pay $5 to see Husband **** Mikeal.

I hope Husband won't disappoint me. :)
I would pay 5$ to see Husband beat Mikeal at a game of smash bros., but to each his own I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom