• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(04/11) PANHANDLE SMASH: We're not GIGS! (Tallahassee, FL)(Brawl/Melee/TvC/SFIV)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Come to think of it...

First tourny ive been to in a long *** time i didnt have to help once, as in i didnt feel the need to help -coughcoughMIXCOATLEFLORIDAGAMING1WATO5MARCHGIGScoughcough-
:-)

So far no cons aside from us getting owned by Christ LOL

AfroQT

Smash Master
yeah my bad rice after i lose i just need alil time to chill .

w/e reflex the only thing i read in your post was

although I was trying to antagonize them, albeit in a "fair" manner.
so you deserved w/e happened somehow you misse dmy point completely but w/e i dont care.
and yeah you should say manlier what do you have against being manly.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Its simple how to run a fast tournament, they did it in Georgia and we need to start doing it here. I told Drew about this but I guess he didn't tell his crew.

Run melee and brawl at the same time. Make people choose what game they think theyd place higher in. Yea some people play both games, but its obvious which game you like better. Truthfully, if you dont think you can win, you shouldnt be entering.

Yea the pot size will decrease, but thats why GA tournaments are 15 dollars: because each contestant is ready to put that much money on the line.

Its high time for Tallahassee to have a moderator because the flaming on these boards is getting out of control.
actually, ballistics, the melee and brawl at the same time thing only worked out because we had fairly small turnouts. we all discussed how it was a terrible idea to run both at the same time and how it would actually eliminate friendlies. people who want to play both can play in both. there is no reason to limit what games players want to enter.

tbh all you have to do to get a tournament running smoothly is to force people to play their matches.
just come down with a firm hand on the friendlies and make sure the bracket games are played as soon as results are up (unless players need a break etc.)

AfroQT

Smash Master
w/e im sorry for bein such a ******* to reflex all i can say was i pissed at the weay he was acting whether he meant it or not im a angry black man pretty much im apologizing all i can say was you were pissing me off and i took it to far i'll accept people saying WTF WHAT WAS THE ANGER FOR then now

TheFast

Smash Lord
Enjoying yourself and being disrespectful to PEOPLE YOU DON KNOW are 2 different things.
You dont know us, the funny part is if dreadz woulda attended this you woulda got your *** whooped for "antagonizing" us. Not just dreadz either, plenty of other smashers coulda came that would **** you up for doing that **** to me....Whether your enjoying yourself or not.
In doubles Loser Finals, before his and chops single matches with Reflex, you were talking **** mid match to both Kismet and Reflex. So I dont see your logic. What is the differance in what you did in doubles and what reflex did in singles? Not pulling this out trying to be a **** towards anybody. Just trying to get a legit question answered because you clearly feel disrepected by reflex but the things you said durring doubles had very harsh tones to them and were overall rude to things to say. Maybe you didnt mean them to come of that way :ohwell:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
mafia is a really fun game matt. You gotta play it next time you go to GA

im recording/re-encoding singles vids now...and i gotta say, kismet vs chops was very entertaining to watch. holy crap sensei chops is insane

AfroQT

Smash Master
In doubles Loser Finals, before his and chops single matches with Reflex, you were talking **** mid match to both Kismet and Reflex. So I dont see your logic. What is the differance in what you did in doubles and what reflex did in singles? Not pulling this out trying to be a **** towards anybody. Just trying to get a legit question answered because you clearly feel disrepected by reflex but the things you said durring doubles had very harsh tones to them and were overall rude to things to say. Maybe you didnt mean them to come of that way :ohwell:
I didnt get mad in loser finals it was before that.
and imo read the post at the top of the page.

plus i would never trashtalk kismet he's easily the manliest falco there ever was

SleepyK

i dare ANY OF YOU to challenge kismet to a sweet tea drinking money match

except for marty

marty is too good

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
\
so you deserved w/e happened somehow you misse dmy point completely but w/e i dont care.
and yeah you should say manlier what do you have against being manly.
No, I didn't deserve it, because I did it in response to your being an asshat in general; at no time prior did I do anything that could offend you. I suppose I should've spelled it out like everything else in my post, but for future reference, I don't antagonize unless antagonized; as such, I don't deserve to get antagonized.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
actually, ballistics, the melee and brawl at the same time thing only worked out because we had fairly small turnouts. we all discussed how it was a terrible idea to run both at the same time and how it would actually eliminate friendlies. people who want to play both can play in both. there is no reason to limit what games players want to enter.

tbh all you have to do to get a tournament running smoothly is to force people to play their matches.
just come down with a firm hand on the friendlies and make sure the bracket games are played as soon as results are up (unless players need a break etc.)
Thank U SleepyK,

I think that coming down w/ a firm hand is kinda harsh but unfortunately U were right. Maybe we shouldn't have allowed so many friendlies or MM's. Ah well, every1 had fun so that's all that matters.

i dont know what mafia is i think you just invited me to come and kill people with you
Thats basically what it is LMAO, if U R THE MAFIA...

TheFast

Smash Lord
If anybody accidentally took any Melee disks please tell Awal because two Jacksonville players never got their melee disks back.

SleepyK

yeah, someone has to be the "bad guy" in order to get a tournament to run smoothly.

preferably you set up a few tvs for friendlies only, and make absolutely sure every match is being played.
you might have to reset games (i guess brawl wouldn't work this way).
you don't have to be a doodoohead about it, but just ask people to end friendlies to make way for tourney matches.

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Well i definitely didnt get up and start doing snake attacks after matches...or pointing and yelling OWN or some ****.
He started pissing me off when he won a match in doubles and started screaming at the top of his lungs.

Kismet is a man btw, prolly manliest falco player ever.
The first time I played Reflex he got a Star KO on my Kirby and started imitating Kirby's scream.

RIGHT.
IN.
MY.
EAR.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
finally re-recorded all the vids. now just to re-encode and upload on youtube. i plan to upload all of them overnight as i go to bed, but ill try to upload some throughout the day when im not playing an online game (youtube lags everything else too much)

theres alot of matches to put up for both singles and doubles. sorry if you didnt get a match recorded on the livestream TV. remember to hit Z and save the replay next time :laugh:

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
There would be a Tally in the top 10 if I didn't donkey punch in the air and fall to my death. <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The first time I played Reflex he got a Star KO on my Kirby and started imitating Kirby's scream.

RIGHT.
IN.
MY.
EAR.
Jeez.

I genuinely feel bad now. I really like Kirby's Star KO sound, but I didn't mean to do it near anyone's ear. I apologize. :(

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for having Street Fighter guys. I'm sad more of you smashers don't play :(. I'm also disappointed TvC didn't go down, but GGs to SaeQuo, though. You really should hitch a ride with Jeff the next time he comes down. I think I remember you mention you play Guilty Gear as well...I know Jeff plays and we have a pretty serious group of players up here as well.

Actually, any game anyone plays you can probably find some players in Tallahassee. We're crazy like that.

Thanks again guys!

- Ron

OverLade

Smash Hero
Concerning peoples attitudes on the tournament.

KBM - Step your game up. I've yet to place as high as I feel I can/should so I just brush the dust off my shirt and get at it harder next time. Aim a lil higher each tournament. Have no regrets.

Reflex - Considering what happened to your car I can understand if you were already in a bad mood before the tournament. Whatever happened between you and SFL isn't my business but I hope it's all resolved.

Also that Wario laugh was so accurate that it literally scared me, seriously.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
keep a lookout on my youtube. the 1 match i got of kismet vs chops on FD is uploading right now. very very entertaining match on both peoples parts

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
Ok. So Melee is **** all day. I played poorly, but I had a blast playing everyone and putting my name in the Florida scene. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips. Hope to catch you guys at the next tournament. Hopefully this summer I can step my game up.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Someone ask Kyon to upload the vids saved on his Wii plox. =D
...=/

im doing all the uploading. i took all the vids off of kyons wii, minus your MM against seibrik, because i refuse to upload such boring MK dittos.

as for you, the only matches i have of you are 2 matches vs reflex and a teams match against lizard/dedw8

Edit: Bad quality cause its still processing, but heres kismet vs chops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDfS8ZrLg2g

OverLade

Smash Hero
...=/

im doing all the uploading. i took all the vids off of kyons wii, minus your MM against seibrik, because i refuse to upload such boring MK dittos.

as for you, the only matches i have of you are 2 matches vs reflex and a teams match against lizard/dedw8
Are you serious?? >:0

Please tell me you're kidding.....

Top Bottom