• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 death footstool combo--INESCAPABLE to floaties--video--luigi, sheik, falco, marth

ADHD

Smash Hero
This works at very low percents, below 10ish. I tested this with the boost kick flip.

There are two ways of canceling the monkey flip kick landing lag, one is NL's way, airdodge before the ground if you initiated the monkey flip kick very early after pressing side b, and the other is if you flip kick and land a little bit on the ground before the ledge (you kick before you land near the ledge and you slide off the stage.)

Now... suppose someone was right at the edge in standing position, you flip kick and you hit them and it cancels, you slide off the stage and you immediately go into a dair (C-STICK ONLEH PL0X). Then, as you are falling down you mash Y or X and footstool them to their death (there is no getting back, no matter how great your recovery is.) You have to be very careful with your flip kick spacing.

Now for the good stuff. If you are far away, and your opponent is getting up from the ledge, wouldn't it be more practical for them to press forward, so they just come up from the ledge in standing position? Thats when you run, with good spacing and do the combo and raaaaape them. Suppose you are midrange from them and they are getting up from the ledge, they press A to try and hit you while getting back onto the stage--but wait--you run away and monkey flip kick them into the combo XD If they trip near the edge on a banana at low percents, what's stopping you? A potential setup is having a banana right next to the ledge so when they get up they trip on it.

Okay, so here is one more thing that I found out. You have to space well as having the flip kick hit right before you touch the ground, then if you spaced right you can dair and footstool.

This is inescapable, at least to metaknight's weight range. Here's the video thanks to diddyknight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QLDJsF5esw

The dair to footstool is still inescapable to everyone (except bowser who is so fat and always gets grabbed by the side B) but the footstool is only inescapable to floaty chars although still can be landed and kill. He tried to jump out and DI etc...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
doesn't work, your opponent can get out.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Like I said you have to be careful with your spacing, does anyone have a recording device that I can show you on wifi?

Chances are you are not kicking right, I tried it alot in training mode and you have to have it perfectly canceled on the edge, not just canceled btw how did you try this, with a real person or on a comp

Player-1

Smash Legend

True, but more than half the time they dont see the dair coming, trust me i know my spikes.

Nice find chrome, i always did the no lag thing but to a dair sounds good, and half the time that'll be enough.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Like I said you have to be careful with your spacing, does anyone have a recording device that I can show you on wifi?

Chances are you are not kicking right, I tried it alot in training mode and you have to have it perfectly canceled on the edge, not just canceled
Training mode isn't that useful for techniques, btw.

So your just pointing out something that could happen, that probably won't happen, and won't be that useful?

ADHD

Smash Hero
No, I'm telling you guys this is a legit combo you aren't canceling it right, keep messing around with it you'll see
The kick has to land perfectly off the edge so its totally lagless and you can dair immediately just maybe not on heavyweights, with the footstool i'm gonna see later

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's still good but I'm wondering now can you DI the spike? Or can you reaim your footstool

I just tried it in training, the only possible way to dodge it is if you air dodge it immediately, as in they try shielding or something but there not fast enough to get it and get knocked off the stage and fluke the air dodge

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just tried it in training, the only possible way to dodge it is if you air dodge it immediately, as in they try shielding or something but there not fast enough to get it and get knocked off the stage and fluke the air dodge
Can you get a video up of you doing this? I want to see if you're doing everything right before we say that you can airdodge the dair

When I tried this, the dair was really fast it looked like it couldn't be airdodged

So now try it with kicking right before you land this time, and then dair.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
just do it to a comp in training. one thing they do do is airdodge when they can when a moves coming at them..

ADHD

Smash Hero
just do it to a comp in training. one thing they do do is airdodge when they can when a moves coming at them..
The flip kick to dair spike is inescapable, however the footstool can be avoided but its fast and hard to escape. This is partly, a true combo.

FishStix

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a neat technique. I'll try to incorporate this into some of my game.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This combo may work still, I tried with the smash side b at the right length and the footstool seemed to come earlier than the tilt side b, but some chars with good verticle recovery can get back up, but what's stopping you from spiking them? I tested this on heavy chars like ike, i seemed to footstool them really well unlike the tilt flip kick. I really wish I could test this some moar

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Cool find.

Was playing with this earlier and its a possible approach even at percents as high 70-80% if the character is proportionally further in stage from the edge. Say you do the smash flip kick from about the point of the diamond on FD and your opponent is about halfway between you and the edge around 40% (changes with character), the knockback from the kick should put him in the general area of the spike, same as if he had he been at the edge at 0-10%. This form is much less reliable as there's room for air-dodging the spike, air jumping, or di'ing away from it possibly grabbing the edge. On the flip-side, perhaps he was at too high %/too close to the edge and his attempt to DI towards the edge puts him in range of the spike.

Not very likely but certainly possible and worth keeping in mind whenever you find yourself flip kicking your opponent off the side.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Cool find.

Was playing with this earlier and its a possible approach even at percents as high 70-80% if the character is proportionally further in stage from the edge. Say you do the smash flip kick from about the point of the diamond on FD and your opponent is about halfway between you and the edge around 40% (changes with character), the knockback from the kick should put him in the general area of the spike, same as if he had he been at the edge at 0-10%. This form is much less reliable as there's room for air-dodging the spike, air jumping, or di'ing away from it possibly grabbing the edge. On the flip-side, perhaps he was at too high %/too close to the edge and his attempt to DI towards the edge puts him in range of the spike.

Not very likely but certainly possible and worth keeping in mind whenever you find yourself flip kicking your opponent off the side.
Yeah that diamond point you were talking about is exactly where I test it

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
This is way too situational to work well. You have to have exact spacing which is really hard, the opponent has to get hit by the monkey flip, and then you have to time everything right. And if your opponent goes forward a little bit it won't work (from what I read).

I really want this to work though >__>. H8 meta/GaW

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is way too situational to work well. You have to have exact spacing which is really hard, the opponent has to get hit by the monkey flip, and then you have to time everything right. And if your opponent goes forward a little bit it won't work (from what I read).

I really want this to work though >__>. H8 meta/GaW
If he goes forward out of your spike range then you have misspaced, yeah its situational, but you can set it up with a naner (I think) ill find out later

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I mean your opponent has to be in the exact area for him to be hit by the monkey kick, and if he moves out of the range, then the spike won't work.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Its a good idea no doubt, but its way too situational. You say it only works before 20% and your opponent is probably not going to be in the right spot, shield the kick, or you will mess up the spacing.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Its a good idea no doubt, but its way too situational. You say it only works before 20% and your opponent is probably not going to be in the right spot, shield the kick, or you will mess up the spacing.
He can't shield it if you time it right :D besides pressing A or forward directly on the ledge is perfect for this. And if they trip in position.... maybe. You can also go into kick flip cancel at te edge to immediate fair at higher percents.

Cyclopean

Smash Cadet
I tried this on my friend, and it works :D. I probably won't use it much as it was quite difficult to set up, and a took a lot of damage trying to get him in the right spot. Still a good find though, I'm sure some of the better diddy players can put it to use.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I actually realized that its more based on the spacing of your opponent, he has to be exactly in range of pressing A from the ledge or forward. You just have to be in range to cancel your kick flip on the edge its actually not too bad.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I think I found a technique because of this. I am pretty sure it is inescapable, I just need some more characters to test it on. I did it in training mode, but training mode doesn't really tell you if something is inescapable or not. And my wifi is really bad, so I can't play against people to test it.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Basically space yourself -- if your opponent does a get up or attack animation from the ledge, you can nail them with this.

Already standing at the right distance discourages a roll because it could be easily punished.

Your opponent can also do a ledgehop or jump from the ledge. I say jump and double peanut gun shot, they will be hard pressed to get on the stage by jumping, and if they do something else you should land in time to pull this off.

If you can then force them into the right position, you can get a lot of easy kills.

This is situational but you can try to force your opponent into it or mindgame them into it. Definitely a useful tactic, especially since it KOs from 0%. My question is: at what point does it STOP working due to the knockback of the kick? Obviously you can't set up a ledgeguard at 0% unless your opponent willfully goes there, so usually if you want to set up this instant kill the way I was describing (and I really can't think of an easier one), your opponent will already have some % on them. If this combo stops working at low %ages the only way I think it will be seen in use is if you banana lock your opponent to the edge then throw them off (least damage but most controlled).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Basically space yourself -- if your opponent does a get up or attack animation from the ledge, you can nail them with this.

Already standing at the right distance discourages a roll because it could be easily punished.

Your opponent can also do a ledgehop or jump from the ledge. I say jump and double peanut gun shot, they will be hard pressed to get on the stage by jumping, and if they do something else you should land in time to pull this off.

If you can then force them into the right position, you can get a lot of easy kills.

This is situational but you can try to force your opponent into it or mindgame them into it. Definitely a useful tactic, especially since it KOs from 0%. My question is: at what point does it STOP working due to the knockback of the kick? Obviously you can't set up a ledgeguard at 0% unless your opponent willfully goes there, so usually if you want to set up this instant kill the way I was describing (and I really can't think of an easier one), your opponent will already have some % on them. If this combo stops working at low %ages the only way I think it will be seen in use is if you banana lock your opponent to the edge then throw them off (least damage but most controlled).
I think around 8ish percent I really haven't tested this but Idk if I said this but after 8 percent you can flip kick into fair which is a combo too.

Yoshididdy explain what it is, I was hoping someone would morph it into other uses. Can I wifi you since we live in the same state?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Like I said my wifi has been really bad lately. Like it will work perfectly for 20-30 minutes and then it will freeze and not work for the rest of the day. That's what I get when I steal my neighbor's wifi....

Count

Smash Champion
You guys should consider using a wired connection. I bought a lan adapter and am using it here at school, and it seems to be much more effective than my wireless at home.

Top Bottom