• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
My style is sucking horribly and overusing fsmash. I hope no one copies it =/. Na I haven't found my own style but hopefully when I do it will be good. I need to practice moar though and get a better understanding of the game and what marth can/can't do. Then once I figure that out I'll figure out what he should/shouldn't do. Hopefully my style will develop some where through that.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Ummm, Snake?
Um DDD? Umm Falco? Umm Olimar?

You don't get me. If snake runs into those 3 in the bracket, he will probably be stopped in his tracks. When I say most capable of winning, I don't mean who is winning the most. As that has more to do with the players and not the characters. What I mean is, Marth has nothing going against him in the way of match ups other than MK really. A problem every character shares. So the players could technically step it up and exploit this fact. Snake wins his good match ups better than marth, but loses his bad match ups worse. That's what I'm getting at.

@ PhantomX, Is wario the best character in the game? If not, who is holding him back from being there? MK vs Wario is not even, it's just as close to even as MK can get. MK still beats him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You asked who MK wasn't holding back, and he's not holding back Wario, and he has no terrible matchups or ceiling either. You didn't ask if anyone had an advantage over MK.

The thing holding him back is his difficulty of use and people just hating his character to the point of not using him.

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
What's better to come off the ledge with?
N-air, or F-air?
I'd assume its somewhat situational, but they're often right in front of you.
Asking this question since a guy brought it up during lunch.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Haha.

You are all so cute what with holding onto hope and all that fun stuff.
Note really cute. I pity them.

hope is for low tiers
Yes it is.

You lose to the top 3 you might as well be low tier, no?
Yes.

but we didn't lose specifically, only...well...the best of us

Don't know or care what you said; your avatar is hot.
i think marth is better than you think so stop thinking

i dont think marth loses to dedede anymore
Nope he doesn't.

I think marths match ups should be re evaluated.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Yea, I used to just try and copy other Marths but now I try and do my own stuff. Especially off stage. I still take things from other Marths who are clearly better than myself, but I definitely don't just straight copy now.

Got a job interview at Sears this Wednesday :D

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yea, I used to just try and copy other Marths but now I try and do my own stuff. Especially off stage. I still take things from other Marths who are clearly better than myself, but I definitely don't just straight copy now.
Everything I do is a corrupted copy. I just mimic things I remember seeing before, but my limited tech skill doesn't let me do it exactly right and it comes out different.

Which for some reason works out anyway.

lol, I remember one of my friends talking about how broken Marth was back in April, and how he was like "just SH double fair into Dolphin Slash, you can't beat it!" I did that a few times and it actually worked. -_-

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Um DDD? Umm Falco? Umm Olimar?

You don't get me. If snake runs into those 3 in the bracket, he will probably be stopped in his tracks. When I say most capable of winning, I don't mean who is winning the most. As that has more to do with the players and not the characters. What I mean is, Marth has nothing going against him in the way of match ups other than MK really. A problem every character shares. So the players could technically step it up and exploit this fact. Snake wins his good match ups better than marth, but loses his bad match ups worse. That's what I'm getting at.

@ PhantomX, Is wario the best character in the game? If not, who is holding him back from being there? MK vs Wario is not even, it's just as close to even as MK can get. MK still beats him.
Isn't marth ddd pretty bad. Falco can be pretty annoying also.

Because it's Anther...
So are you saying anther > neo or that anther has more experience in the marth vs pika match up which gave him the edge?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
i really only use it because it looks cool/funny/because dehf does it.
lol I thought you were using it for the advantageous. Oh well I'll still work it into my game

@Almostlegendary: Falco is Marth's best high tier matchup and D3 is really dependent on how you can space yourself and not get ***** for trying to get out of the CG.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
lol I thought you were using it for the advantageous. Oh well I'll still work it into my game

@Almostlegendary: Falco is Marth's best high tier matchup and D3 is really dependent on how you can space yourself and not get ***** for trying to get out of the CG.
I'd say G&W is easier

Also, the bolded isn't really true. That's a really small part of the matchup and almost everyone simply walks away during a chain grab in case D3 does mess up.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

I thought G&W was his best high tier match up. The match up is in Marths favor but it's still annoying. I like facing falco though I think I do alright against them but I still need improvement.

You have to be really careful with that becomes if the d3 baits the Up B you will just eat his down B to the face.

@ bengals walk away from the CG? I never thought I that I just try to DS though it then again I try to DS through a lot of stuff. I need t o practice the basics more though.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Uh, I just counter-pick now. Falco vs. MK is SOOOOOO much easier. You have to work hard to survive, but it's so much less work to camp with lasers, it just puts me at ease, and I win most friendlies.

G&W is easier than Falco for Marth IMO. Wario and Falco are about the same difficulty for me.

But, yeah, I'm not going to try and solo stuff with Marth anymore. It's dumb.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I don't like falco though all though he covers marths bad match ups pretty well MK d3 and snake. All though I think he struggles against snake if he can't get the spike off.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
nah i refuse to not use marth against DDD and Snake...

i willl however pick up MK to face an MK
CK do you have any recent vids of your Marth I wouldn't mind seeing it in action. Considering the ones in the vid section are pretty old and I saw them already.

Top Bottom