• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
lol its not gonna be for a while... prolly summer of '08.......

but here is an update on pong...
he is opening his own ALLTEL store in hutch!!! his dad is helping him with the loan to get it started!!!

as soon as we come up with a reasonable amount of money we will try and host a tournament worth comming to!!!

edit: sorry if i got anyones hopes up lol ;)

fragbait

Smash Master

he is opening his own ALLTEL store in hutch!!! his dad is helping him with the loan to get it started!!!

as soon as we come up with a reasonable amount of money we will try and host a tournament worth comming to!!!

Jerk.
So, anyone wanna come to D-town for some smash? I need new opponents? Or y'all can tell me who in the area is willing to play against a ProAm callibur player?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919

the cool thing is i should be done with college by then and i also may be hosting a tourny summer 08!

Jerk.
So, anyone wanna come to D-town for some smash? I need new opponents? Or y'all can tell me who in the area is willing to play against a ProAm callibur player?
hmm maybe i play with my friend cobra once in a while and we also sometimes have occasional smash get togethers in wichita on fridays. ill talk to cobra to see if me and him wanna come down and challenge u sometime...or if possible u can probly come to wichita sometime...but anyway how old are you lol ??? me and my friend are in our twenties...

fragbait

Smash Master
the cool thing is i should be done with college by then and i also may be hosting a tourny summer 08!

hmm maybe i play with my friend cobra once in a while and we also sometimes have occasional smash get togethers in wichita on fridays. ill talk to cobra to see if me and him wanna come down and challenge u sometime...or if possible u can probly come to wichita sometime...but anyway how old are you lol ??? me and my friend are in our twenties...
Wow...this might be a deal killer, but im 16. Don't take me lightly though.
Why don't you just pm me on aim? I'm on now
names ryukamiquatre

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace

fo sho 3?

doadrin, maby you should bring some friends to wichita some time. hopefully by then hutch will finally grow a pair and actually come down and try and compete with the wichitains lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
I found some randoms playing smash when I went to a Halo 3 lan. I moonwalked --> knee the Samus player and he just got up and left.
The end.

fragbait

Smash Master

fo sho 3?

doadrin, maby you should bring some friends to wichita some time. hopefully by then hutch will finally grow a pair and actually come down and try and compete with the wichitains lol :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hehehe, so Hutch smashers don't have any? Thats harsh. But, yea, when I get my license I'm gonna do that anyway. Wonder if any MLG types come our way?

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
doadrin dont know... hutch has a rep of not showing up to smash fests and tournys........

hmm saturday huh? pong and a friend is going to be in denver that day. maby i can talk some other friends to take a road trip down there. i warn you though, they are really bad. lol

attack: your link gives me a "this page cannot be displayed" pwn3d message.... :(

p.s. i think i might change my avatar.... yep...... im on a quest for a new avatar

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
that link still works on my end...try it again... if u guys havnt heard several people from smashboards have been getting there hands on the brawl demo here are some of the things they are saying

*wavedashing as we knew it is 100% confirmed to be out unless someone can discover a new form of wavedashing. wding is out because the midair dodge had been modified. you can no longer push which direction you want to airdodge. it only goes on momentum such as if you dodge while falling u will still be falling during the dodge. or if u are jumping and you dodge and you still of upward momentum from the dodge your dodge will be going up due to the momentum of the jump. so you can not dodge diagnal down unless your are moving diagnal down so you can not fall diagnol down fast enough after a jump to perform a wavedash. however wavelanding may still be possible

*dash dancing is in

*moon walking is in

*crouch canceling is in however it is hard to crouch cancel->dsmash becuase now if you press the directional stick and the c-stick both in the same direction your character will auto tilt in that direction

*di is still in and is much easier...there have been claims that people have been living to 200% due to di

*dodging is in of course, spot dodging, and momentum midair dodging, you can now jump and attack after a dodge before hitting the ground

*sweat spotting the edge is now easier because it auto snaps you to the edge if you are close enough. even if u are turned in the opposite direction but are close enough to the edge the character will still grab it. also u can grab the edge out of an up-b(it will cancel the up-b animation and auto snap to the edge) in melee u had to wait till the up b animation was over before your character would grab the edge

*chain throwing has been done with mario and pikachu so far, other than this they havnt been saying much about throws in general

*game speed has been claimed to be in between the melee and 64 game speeds

*crawling can only be done by certain characters.

*shorthop and fastfalling is still in.

*Lcanceling, many who played the demo are saying it is out, however people did observe that the a aerials when hitting the ground seemed to have reduced lag seeming as if it was an auto Lcancel

*any character can meteor with the new footstool jump technique

*the characters were claimed to be floatier and slipperier in general

*fox has been nerfed, he is floatier, is up air is no longer a major KO move, his usmash is still pretty good but slightly less powerful, his fair is better, i think he was said to be a slightly slower character in general, his lazers dont shoot as far, he can no longer jump cancel a shine like he could in melee, however people have discovered that you can jump out of a shine if you hold down the b button because there is a new 'shine down' animation after the shine if you dont hold b. fox can now short hop triple lazer, im assuming due to his floatierness.

*peach's down smash had been nerfed to being shorter range and to dealing less damage. they are saying her upsmash, dashattack, and nair are still pretty good, her bair is even stronger, she still floats as she did in melee, keeping her advanced floating moves like floatcanceling & all that good stuff. no turnips as powerful as stitch face have been discovered, pulling out beam swords have been comfirmed.

*samus has been nerfed slightly as well :urg:, her missles hardly do any knock back now, missile canceling seems to be gone(attempts to do it have failed so far), no super wave dash confirmed lol, she can no longer bomb jump like she could in melee:mad::mad::mad: but some are saying that it may still be possible but very difficult. in the air the bombs it u to the side instead of straight up. but some are saying that it may be possible to hit you up if u position samus right in the middle of the top of the bomb thus possibly bomb jumping. you can still grapple out of a dodge, the dsmash is still pretty strong, the fair is better, i think they said that the fsmash has less KO pontential, her charge shot charges quicker but also doesnt have as good of a KO potential. the only known way to be zero suit is to do the final smash, zero suit can turn back only by doing the final smash, zero suit is quick and her whip has pretty good range.

*yoshi seems to be a little better, most of his attacks were the same, he has a longer tail making his dsmash have longer range, some other move had longer range that im not quite remembering right now. he now gains a little bit of height after his egg toss. other than that there is not that much difference about him

*mario they are saying he is better but they havnt really said in what ways... his fsmash is slower, his dair is now the mario tornado,h is down b was replaced with the FLUDD from mario sunshine, he has the fire mario suit now.

*bowser seemed better, he is quicker in general, he is bigger, his fire move is better, he has this new body slam move that is really strong, he can do many of his advanced techniques from melee(according to a smashboards mod who mains him)

*dk, not much was said about him, he is bigger, he looked better than he was in melee in my opinion from the brawl footage i have seen.

*pit seemed to be over all a good character, he doesnt have many good KO moves, his recovery is amazing of course, his up b gives him a free flight ability that basicly auto flies for you without even using up any jumps, he has been said to be able to get back from the very bottom of the stage. his arrows are fast than links.

*diddykong had been claimed to be a good character to dish out combos with. he has his cartwheel dash attack from donkey kong country, his peanut gun can be charged, he can also fly with a jet pack

*link, his fsmash has bigger hit boxes, his up-b can be charged on the ground but doesnt have as much knock back and psuedo spiking potential as in melee, his bombering is the gale bomberang and it sucks people towards him a little bit. he has the darklink costume which people are saying looks really freaking awesome.

*ike is really slow, however his attacks are very powerful, he has counter like marth and roy, he had costumes that make him look like marth, his up b goes high but almost completly vertical like luigi's. if im not mistaking he had a side move kind of like the fox illusion.

*sonic was a very fast character, faster than any character ever seen in smash bros, however all has attacks are weak and have little KO potential. his special moves are mostly different variations of spin attacks, his up b creates a spring from him sonic games that appears under him springing him very very high, this spring can be used by others in the battle and can also be destroyed

*metaknight people are saying he was the best character in the demo, he had no real weaknesses that stuck out. the only thing is he may die a little early like a typical puff ball character. he is really easy to pick up, doesnt take much effort to do well with him, he is fast, he could glide, had strong attacks and alot of combos, he has this tornado move that has little knock back but can hit you multiple times kinda like samus's up b. he has a dark metaknight costume with red eyes that ppl are saying is really cool too.

this is all i can remember for now...check out the brawl forums if you want more info, also if u all dont know there is alot of new footage for the game

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
I had my guesses about brawl and Attack confirmed most of them. The meta game of Melee was mainly focused on glitches and advance techs that the developers didn't intend on so once they found out about them they axed them. While Brawl will still be a fun and competative game to play, i don't think the competative level will go as far as melee.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
yea it definantly going to be a different game...hmmm we will see what pans out. btw ggs at nates apartment rice

fragbait

Smash Master
I had my guesses about brawl and Attack confirmed most of them. The meta game of Melee was mainly focused on glitches and advance techs that the developers didn't intend on so once they found out about them they axed them. While Brawl will still be a fun and competative game to play, i don't think the competative level will go as far as melee.
I dissagree. Can anyone remember the competitive scene BEFORE wavedashing? A few axed techs won't kill the scene; it will motivate people to find NEW techniques, and then the game will be great. However, unfortunatl, there will be people who ***** about these things being cut, but these people will be the ones who have no fun with Smash in general. We have to remember, with new games comes new strats, new techs and new ways to play. Let's try to keep this in mind as the next gen Smash comes down the tube. And even as release dates push us farther and farther away, stay pumped to BRAWL.

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
agreed...

sounds like metknight is a little like shiek... easy to pick up and combo with.......

pit is going to be sweet...

im sure attackstorm is as dissapointed as i am with the brawl version of samus :(:(:(

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i actually agree doadrin there will be new never before seen techs that people will discover in this game...especially with the new online feature, every known glitch, tech and everything else will be milked out of this game just because of the number of people playing and spreading it online.

a couple corrections about samus

according to hugs, he himself has not figured out the bomb jump but, he has witnessed another samus at the demo pull it off though

hugs said the fsmash actually isnt weaker if not better.

he also said alot of samus's moves hit opponents straight up now, her dsmash does for instance

oh yea another thing about the characters...they each have 3 or 4 different taunts .

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
indeed sir, indeed....

on another note... today is payday!!! and the state tournameny for magic is this saturday in which i plan on taking top 8 maby even first!!!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
yea..goodluck...we gotta get u in an actual SMASH tournament sometime in your life edge lol....

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
true dat, true dat. im playing mono green with splash tarmagoyf... i havnt lost a game ever since i started playing it so im pretty sure im gonna take this states tourney with pong, we playing the exact same deck lol

and yes attackstorm i am going to have to attend a smash tourney sometime soon... maby after the tourney saturday we can smash or something... call pong around 2 if you wanna smash or something

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
we will see i might be at asian fest sat hahaha but yea let me know how u guys do in the magic tournament!

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
new plan... pong wants to come to wichita for a smash fest, stay the night in wichita, then go to the tourney at about 9 a.m.

the question now is..... are you game???

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
replays confirmed!!! only up to 3 min worth though .... =/

trents place would be ideal for that...he has his own house and a guest room lol just need his permission... if he doesnt see this on the boards u should call him if not then ill ask em when i get a chance.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
This new brawl info is nostalgic, ABSOLUTELY LUNAR WIENER CRAZY.
yea man..especially about samus ...u cant even change to zero suit without using the final smash.

also if you died 3 times without any KOs or if you do poorly in battle the game gives you a free final smash...seriously
hopefully this crap can be turned off

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
i have to work till 9 but i think we are going to be in wichita at around 10, 10:30 ish...

i will pm you attackstorm with a friends number that might be comming with us just in case pongs phone goes dead... it does that alot.........

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
the verdict is...

from hutch:
nolan = scrubbed out
john = scrubbed out
jeff = scrubbed out
kevin = got very unlucky
greg (duck) = got like 5th, losing to heath (edge) in the first round of top 8
aaron (pong) = got like 7th losing to chaz in the first round of top 8
kenny = got like 4th losing to heath (edge) in the second round of top 8
heath (edge) = got 2nd losing to john (from somewhere ive never heard from in kansas) in the finals...

hopefully i can do that good in smash tournaments too... i guess i wont find out till i actually attend one huh?......

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
very nice edge!! u almost took that tournament! did you win anything?

mprism wanted to get something going...hmmm maybe somethings gonna be goin on next week possibly if evry1 is not sooo busy

and doadrin too bad you dont got any wheels...lol...i wouldnt mind comin there one day...not sure when but one day

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
godly!!!

i won a playmat, promo card, and a box of booster packs worth about $140 in hutch lol...
and my rating went up drastically cause i beat at least 2 pros and a bunch of very good players.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
im all about that too! its about time a game from nintendo has features like this.

edit
also i have been thinking we wichitans should have a race to see who can unlock all the stages and characters first when brawl comes

Top Bottom