• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ky you are a gay mofo for making your one annual OoS tourney one i won't go to...

imad

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Aw I'm sorry! I wuv u Steelerrr <3

Oh.
I'll drive part of the way there in whatever car I ride in, but since we're drinking that night idk about driving back. We all know I drink more than the rest of the Kansas Smash Community as a whole.

I'd prefer to ride with Zeton bc I'm comfortable driving his car and I can smoke. I'm an angry non-smoker lol. But that's just a preference, I'll take what I can get.

Edit
After re-reading this, I realize I have problems... lol. Someone text or call me with info if possible. I check this thread like once every 2 or 3 months.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey Mr. Doom, how much MPG does that car of yours get that we took to Dallas, Texas?
I still haven't done the math yet, but I can approximate. I suppose the Fruit-of-the-Doommobile Express gets between 20 and 25 MPG on the highway.

Depster

Smash Champion
So I played basketball after school yesterday. I was playing pretty good but I didn't feel well. Turns out I had a fever... My temp was over 102 last night .-. Advil works wonders though and I'm feeling better today =D

j00t

Smash Champion
Sup Melee Kansas folks,

North AL is hosting FAP2 (link) on December 11-12. We had 35 entrants for the first FAP, and we're looking to double that number for FAP2, so if you need your Melee fix for December then be sure to come out!

Holms

Smash Ace
Some of us won't be there until early early saturday.

mdoom/holms - I left my 2 extra cans of drank in the back of your car, could you bring those to kahoka for me?
Also been meaning to mention, your purple drink things were nowhere to be found in our car.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I feel so loved! Well since I guess I'm riding with Zeton, I'll give him a call tonight or tomorrow night to get the specifics on when we're leaving and whatnot.

BTW!! I BOUT A CAR TODAY!!!!! Ya boy don't need rides no mo =)

zomg, ky is going to go to an oos tourney and he is going to kahoka? bp match!
So I guess at some point in my retirement I became un-hip... What's a bp match?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Some of us won't be there until early early saturday.

Also been meaning to mention, your purple drink things were nowhere to be found in our car.
Back seat, by the back window where you put that lawn chair (prolly hiding behind it if it's still there)... should still be in a bag.

I will cry if my drank is missing ;-;

Radium88

Smash Lord
I feel so loved! Well since I guess I'm riding with Zeton, I'll give him a call tonight or tomorrow night to get the specifics on when we're leaving and whatnot.

BTW!! I BOUT A CAR TODAY!!!!! Ya boy don't need rides no mo =)

So I guess at some point in my retirement I became un-hip... What's a bp match?
/gratz!

Also, MegaRobMan knows what's up. lol

beer pong 2morecharacters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I will buy my Whobo pass tonight if someone confirms that I can have a seat.

I will drive to Wichita, obviously.

MJG

Smash Hero
Alright, I am typing this up mainly for scrub and myself(and so that this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future). It is extremely frustrating to me but I do not want to cause any drama.

Now, with that being said, I ended up riding to Wichita, KS with Fino (who drove in his car, which gets roughly 18 MPG for city mileage, 26 for highway and about 21 MPG combined. So about 23-25 for a long trip) and scrub was with us as well. On our way to Dallas, Texas from Wichita and back, the entire trip was only about 20-25 dollars or so (I can't remember exactly).

Now...somehow, my return trip with fino went from 20 dollars, to 26, to 29. I didn't really have a problem with this UNTIL I found out that scrub had to give him 26 dollars (he gave him 21 dollars because that is all he had at the moment). At this point, I was wondering why we were being over charged and I went to do some calculations (lol @ black people doing math). Before doing this, I stated again that "I feel like this amount is too much" or something along those lines and I wanted to know why the price kept raising. I was told that I was being charged for a toll as well. That is somewhat understandable but for it to be 29 dollars still was a little far-fetched to me.

At this point, I needed to figure out how much MPGs trents car received since I remember fino telling me that his car had the same MPG as trent's car. Keep this in mind: His car gets 18 MPG for city mileage, 26 for highway and 21 combined, which comes out to about 23-25 MPG for a long trip.

Now, at 30 MPG, the cost for the entire trip would be $48.60. The cost at this price would be At 20 MPG the cost is $73.44. Even if the car was at 20 MPG, which it is not, the split between three people (Fino+MJG+Scrub=3), the cost at worst would be $24.48 between three people (assuming gas is $2.70).

These gas splits are just general splits. The car that we were in gets anywhere between 22-25 MPG (once again). With the amount of money that I am supposed to cough up ($29), he would be claiming that his car gets under 15 MPG with a 3 way split. The last car that Fino drove wasn't even that bad.

Charging for getting lost on the way to scrubs would be dumb as well.

Even with the tolls coming into play, I shouldn't be getting charged more than what scrub is getting charged for and no one should be getting overcharged. 9 total hours (plus however long it took you to get to scrubs since you got lost) vs 14 hours (What Mr. Doom drove during the trip). Hmmm.

tl;dr: Don't overcharge people.

kthxbai

Top Bottom