• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

»G.O.!! v3.0 Dec. 12-13« Portland (PSU), OR Melee/Brawl; Schedule ADDED

keeper

Smash Champion
For those of you going to this, we need set-ups for Brawl and Melee. We especially need TVs, so if we could get some people to say "hey, I'll bring _____" then I could post that in the OP and keep track of it and combine it with the All is Brawl list so we could get a nice list going.

Thanks.

P.S. There's a planned low-tier event for both games.

Jem.

Smash Master
not coming to this. sorry. hope it goes well though. since there isnt another carpool that wants to form, going to a halo tourney in my city and teaming with neighbor for it. really hope it turns out well clutch, we can play at tp4 or a gc monthly if you come to them.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
We (me, Vish, Andy etc) were pretty sure we were gonna come until we realized this is the weekend before finals week. So now it's up in the air.

keeper

Smash Champion
Added stuff to the OP. The second day is more just an "in case" day, especially if we don't have near enough set-ups. The second day will most likely have the side tournaments though, as people never play their matches promptly enough at tournaments. So do you matches when you can, as fast as you can and it'll take a day.

Juce

Smash Ace
in case you needed to know, interwebz, i'm bringing:

4 tvs
1 gc
1 wii
2 melee (one being Ph!l's [he can have it back if he wants])
1 brawl
1,000,000,000 extension cords

and the number one TIO set up, in the worldz.

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
So I'm also bringing a friend of mine who is interested in competitive smash and has been introduced to basic tech skill

this is going to be a lot of fun i think, kinda nervous though since i don't really know what to expect or do

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
It's supposed to get cloudy during the weekend, and clouds mean higher temperature because they increase the greenhouse effect. Any front we get should be a warm front, because this is not oregon warm. We should be fine, but there's the chance the temperature won't increase enough and any precipitation in those clouds will create a ****ing jolly-good time for cars. Anyway, this post somehow made me depressed and that was not the direction I wanted.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a cube and melee if needed... Can't bring a tv as it's enough to throw out 3 backs. And weather is so what? We're in Oregon...Are we playing outside?

keeper

Smash Champion
That schedule is amazing keeper

what's the fee for the melee/brawl low tiers?
I do not know, but side tournaments are always really quite cheap. Most likely $1-$3, max at $5, but I really doubt it'd be above $3. I'm venturing to guess $1.

Side Note: I'm not running the tournament, though I always try to help run the bracket, so I'm not the one determining this stuff. I'm the humble SWF messenger for Clut7ch. I'd be much more inclined to answer frame questions, because for some reason I know a lot of frame data stuff and have a lot of it saved to my computer. I'm an efficiency buff, in my own mind.

Top Bottom