• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sup guys this is DaShizWiz, a lot of people consider me to be a pro even though I'm not on the poweranking list, the first MLG I went to was MLG Orlando which was pretty rescent. I got 17th place in the pro brackets. I had to fight P.C. Chris first round, lost to him, but he went marth on me not Falco, I think he went marth on me instead of Falco because I'm extremely good in Falco ditto's, the Falco dittos we were having at FC6, were really good(Intense). Next round I had to play Jblaze(Marcus, 22nd or 23rd in the poweranking list) I beat him, and then I had chillin who I lost to. And I just went to a tournament this week and won that tournament getting 300 bucs..... I'm not saying this to tell you guys I'm good but to show you guys I'm not a noob and I want to help some of you guys, and If people have enough question I'll make a falco guide and put some of my Videos on there. Oh and I'm in FC6 Update 4, P.C. was talking about me on there.

Heres a link to some of my videos, the first match was descent: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=DaShizWiz+vs+KeepSpeedN&search=Search

Those are some matches of my Falco vs my brothers Fox.

Heres another link: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=DaShizWiz+vs+Lambchops&search=Search

By the way, I'm player 1. Those are Falco dittos with me and Lambchops were the same color lol.

Heres another link: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=DaShizWiz+vs+FlowinWater&search=Search

This is a link to the most rescent fight I have done which were 12/9/06
Link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1948339#post1948339

(This is not the rescent tournament I won) Those are tournament Finals, its a Falco ditto between me and FlowinWater( A lot of people consider him a pro) I'm the white Falco with the name Shiz on it.

Just made a Combo Video January 8th, 2007, check it out.

The link are on this page for Youtube and Filefront: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=93939

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
Awesome job in winning that tournament and $300 is nice for doing something you like :). I don't really have any specific questions really except for maybe one. I know I need to work on my tech skill but can you tell me how to do a ehdl. I seem to have a lot of trouble on this and can only do it on lower speeds. Any help would be great.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol Viperboy. Abulize, what I do to do the LHDL(Ledge hop double lasers) is I go down with the Control Stick, push down and then push up pushing the B button pretty fast. Its in my vids vs Flowin and vs Lambchops and KeepSpeedN the lasers are pretty low....

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
DaShizWiz, can you give me your personal opinions on what stages are good/bad for Falco and what your favorite/least favorite match ups (characterwise) are? I'm interested in what a really technical Falco thinks. Thanks in advance if you tell me what you like/dislike.

Oh, and your Falco is beastly :)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Abulize, when you get on the Edge push down with the control stick. Next you push up on the control stick to jump from the ledge(upwards), and then for the third step you just push the B button. Like when you push down on the control stick, thats to fastfall. Then when you push up you'll jump then you just shoot lasers for the third step :).

XLR8, In my opinion I find the levels Pokemon Stadium, Final D, and DreamLand to be Falcos best levels. And some character matchups for Falco That I personally like to do are Falco vs Marth (On anyone of those three levels), Falco vs Fox (Final D is one of my best levels to go vs Fox cause you can combo the **** out of them, just watch out for the chain grabbing), and then for the next match up would be Falco vs Sheik (On any of those 3 levels). I honestly Like to fight every char in the game with Falco besides Peach, Jiggs, and Samus. I'm good vs those chars, I just don't like to fight them.

And the stages that are good/bad for Falco would be:

Good stages (IMO)

Final D
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's story(Not vs Marth)
Dream Land(.... hesitant vs Peach)
Battlefield.

Bad stages for Falco would be counter picks..... like gay levels like, Rainbow cruise, green greens, etc.... those are gay levels for falco IMO.... Honestly when I play somebody I never counter pick with levels like those, I always counter pick with a neutral level like Final D, DreamLand, Battlefield, or Pokemon Stadium.....

But My favorite level out of all the levels in the game for Falco would be Final D..... IMO he ***** there..... even kind of vs an awesome marth that knows how to chaingrab and combo with Fairs and end them with tips or anything else that kills you.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No prob Abulize, I hope it works out for you, but you do know when you first jump on the edge there is some lag time, Like if you jump on the edge and then push something immediately/during the lag time of the char, you will come of from the edge with an attack or just jump from the edge. When you first get on the edge you have to wait about a second or two(You have to wait for the blinking thats on falco to go away, because when you first jump on the edge the character is blinking, similar to when you die and then come back to the stage....)

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
I'm still having trouble on it so I made the speed slower. Can you re-explain the whole invincibility thing again. The way you worded it confused me again :laugh:.

Edit - When you say control stick you mean the left thumb stick, right? Or do you mean the c-stick. I have no idea what the left one is actually called and this always confuses me.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
All you have to do for the invincibility thing is just wait for about a second or two when you get on the edge... and to answer your next question, when I say control stick i mean the left stick not the C-stick, if you want I'll just start saying the Analog stick which is the stick that makes your char move. All you do is push down on it to fastfall from the ledge, then push up immediately after, then start shooting lasers while going forwards with the character to land on the stage :).

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I don't know, its just something with the game lol, it makes like an invincibility happen while your on the edge. Thats why your able to edgehog without getting hit by the opponents Up+B.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
hey i gotta question in videos that iv seen with falco like bombsoldier and many others they shine there opponent in the air really fast and they jump above there head and Dair them how do they get on top of there opponent to Dair so quicky?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
In my videos when I do that I push the Shine, then I push up on the Analog Stick(The stick that controls where your char moves) then I push the C-stick to do the move I want to do I usually push back to do a Bair...

A-Laon

Smash Master
Heh, something I figured I'd ask. Although I'm consistent with virtually all technical aspects of Falco, I'm still admittedly inexperienced (mere 6 months of even knowing what Smash was), and I have a bad tendency to lose my focus when I'm under the pressure of insanely fast-approaching opponents. I was curious as to any particular tactics you'd recommend for countering players who make very quick approaches (such as competent fox players or other falcos), or perhaps just any reliable technique to get me out of a close-range fight I'm unprepared for without totally sacrificing my ability to control the map. If that question actually made enough sense for you to answer it, many thanks. :p

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Shiz the one thing I've been dying to ask you is how do you jump back air or jump down air out of your shines so fast? It's almost instant. That's one thing I can't do. I can do it really fast, but instant.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Abulize.... I never said you have to wait for them to go away >_> I said you have to wait for the invincibility to go away....

Bass, I just have really fast fingers lol.

A-Loan, what you do vs Fast approachers is try to play more smarter vs them, believe me if they're playing fast, they're mind is going at a weak pace which it makes it real easy to mess with they're mind. But if you can't outsmart them then try to approach them with lots of lasers, and try to keep up with there speed. If they approach you really quick just try to outsmart them or keep up with they're speed, one of those should work.

A-Laon

Smash Master
A-Loan, what you do vs Fast approachers is try to play more smarter vs them, believe me if they're playing fast, they're mind is going at a weak pace which it makes it real easy to mess with they're mind. But if you can't outsmart them then try to approach them with lots of lasers, and try to keep up with there speed. If they approach you really quick just try to outsmart them or keep up with they're speed, one of those should work.
So if I'm getting nervous because my opponent is playing extremely fast, I should just calm down and realize I'm smarter than them and that I should beat them mercilessly. Ingenious! ;)

I'll see by what means I can throw their aggression back at them. Many thanks!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No prob A-Loan, usually since I'm pretty technical, when I fight someone else that is really technical I try to play extremely smart + technical.... it owns them lol. If you can't be technical and smart at the same time, then you should just outsmart them when they're being very technical. One of them should be able to help you :).

Ryu777

Smash Ace
sup shiz, when I first got into advanced teh (bout a year ago) I was going to give up falco, then i saw youre falco and i kept going, now I'ma worthy falco myself. anyways, not really looking for help, just wondering what YOU do to pillar, because I think I may have found a faster way to pillar, or maybe I'm just full of myself... I do the reflector, slide my thumb from b to x, then slide my thumb down the c-stick, then I l-cancel asap. I've never seen another falco do it faster, but just wondering, what do you press when you pillar? Also, I was experimentng with fair instead of dair with pillar, to see if it made it even harder to escape, you think its practical?

Vall3y

Smash Lord
im pretty sure that when you grab an edge you get like 10 frames of lag and only then you can do stuff

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thats pretty correct Vall3y, Ryu77, when I'm pillaring to break the shield I've gotten more advanced. I've been waiting to put my new advanced stuff in a combo video, but I don't think I'm really ever gonna have the time to. I had a friend doing it, but now I don't know what he's doing. So I used to do Dair + Shine to break their shield when their shielding. But now that I've gotten really advanced I can break peoples shields with Jump cancelled shines. I can do Dair + shine + shine + dair and repeat. Or I can do a Dair then do 3 jump canceled shines then repeat that, and what I do to do jump canceled shines is push down b then Y to B and keep doing that.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
One more thing. Your brother has a really solid fox. You posted some videos a while ago of the two of you fighting. You won a high percentage of those fights. Do you guys still share the same ratio of wins when you fight, or has he learn to beat you a lot more? I Two things I haven't seen KeepSpeedN do, that gives me a lot of trouble are reflecting lasers and chain throwing falco. Does he do that to you now by anychance? play my brother Treble all of the time, but his fox just seems to be **** near superior over any falco I've seen.:(

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The ratio is pretty much still the same. But I believe Fox has the upperhand against Falco slightly. But if your a Really good comboing falco, then you can own Fox almost as much as he owns you.

B-RaD

Smash Rookie
hey i need help on doing backwards shl continuously. whenever i do 1 i just stop and cant do another one going the same direction. any help? and also its hard for me to wavedash continuously without jumping.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
To do reverse lasers what I do is jump in the direction I want to go, while in the air I tap the opposite direction and then I shoot a laser, it was kind of difficult for me at first. To practice wavedashing practice it on Final D it takes about 8 Wavedashes to get across the stage.

Ryu777

Smash Ace
yeah, I do Jc'd shines slower than you do because I use my thumb and slide from y to b, but its still basicaly the same. I actaully do have a question though... Although I still do pretty well, i dont utilize enough of his mindgames, I really only do the standrad, shoot lasers then dash dance. COuld help me to apply some of the ones I see you do, such as: quick double jump ->waveland -> reflector, or run away -> wd back -> reflector? I fI'm missing any of the other important ones you do, could you tell me them and how to apply them as well. Thanks in advance man.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Some mindgames you can do with falco are like...(do this when your in the air over the opponent to trick them) quick double jump, and then instead of doing a dair shine, just fall to the ground where the person is (most likely they'll dodge) and then do a shine. They would of dodged so you can now get them with a shine and then start your comboing off like that.... Another mindgame you can do is do a quick double jump, waveland backwards or forwards to wherever your opponent is then get them with a shine, this one seems to work pretty good. The main point of mingames with falco is just to get that shine in, most of the time when you get that shine in its done. They're dead.

demon itachi

Smash Cadet
do you have any advice for shffling nairs i either do a fair or end up doing a ff nair. i cant tell when im l cancelling either!! i also need some help with double lazrs from edge hog when i do it i shoot one lazr or shoot 2 backwards (i tried pressing back to let go of the edge):chuckle:

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
Hey, A-Loan, I wanted to let you know, that if you are playing a guy that just bum rushes you the whole time, and plays really really fast, there are two simple things you should try.

1st thing that I found that seems to work is to just wait for them to get to you, then tilt them. they will try to approach with an aerial, to a wd to utilt. or if they have a ground approach do a ftilt.

2nd thing, wait for them again and just as he's about to get to you, bust a shnair in his face. it's really funny, and this will most likely make him second guess his normal approach which, in turn will make him play YOUR game, in a style where he's not completely comfortable.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Linksmastersword is pretty correct, demon Itachi, when doing double lasers from the edge don't push back, fast fall downwards and then immediately jump up spamming the b button while moving forward. Never push back or else you will do reverse double lasers that are extremely high, or you'll jump really high doing doule lasers on to the edge, but you don't want that you need to keep them real low....

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
shiz do you normally jump with a button or the analog stick. When you were talking about shine combos and ldhl you said you use the control stick, just wondering.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
Shiz, I'm sorry I'm not getting the whole lhdl thing. Can you please tell me why I have to wait for the invincibility frames to go away before I execute the lhdl? Someone was talking about invincibility lag?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Its just something with the game Abulize, you just have to wait about a second or two because once you jump on the edge you just have to wait.... its just something with the game.

Macman, I normally jump with Y, I use the Control Stick just for other stuff like doing double lasers from the edge and wavedashing out of my shield, for some reason I can't wavedash out of my shield with X and R. So, I usually jump with the Y button. And I wavedash with X and R, for wavedashing out of my shield I use The control stick and the R button.

Top Bottom