• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blaziken as a playable character for brawl.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Shark X said:
I believe there's already a topic for this. If not, then about time.

Bye the way, it's a she, not he.
It can be both and I'm going to say no. I agree with McFox Hitmonlee would be better.

Scafl D. Salazzar

Smash Cadet
I don't even know why Blaziken is so appealing to everyone. He's a fiery chicken with a chubby. Can you say...LAMEST DESIGN EVER?

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
Shark X said:
It can be a she or a he...I know becuase I have a male Blaziken on Pokemon Emerald =P

I fully support Blaziken for Brawl, and its moves would be easy to come up with...Blaze Kick for example could be a smash attack.

kaid

Smash Master
I'm sorry, McFox... Lucario already stole Hitmonlee's signature move as his recovey attack. (He DOES officially learn it in D+P)

And I was working on a full-fledged Blaziken For Brawl post, on par with my Lucario Shrine, but you've forced my hand.

^B Sky Uppercut: Think a faster Mario's ^B, aimable to the same extent as Roy, with marth's knockback (IE, not much), but with a sweetspot at the very top that launches the target straight up. (Expecially floaty, "flying" types)
<B Mirror Move: Blaziken copies the last B move (directional B's included) used. (can even be his own!)
B: Sand Attack: Basically a shorter, faster, less laggy version of Ice climbers vB, without the freeze effects. A defencive combo-starter.
vB Reversal: A counter move that inflicts 1/4 blaziken's current percentage to the attacker. (rounded up)

Special:
Overheat/Eruption

Upsmash: Flamethrower- Like samus's upsmash, but faster and with more knockback on each hit except the last one, which is weaker.
Side Smash: Blaze Kick (Like Smash 64's Captian Falcon, + flames)
Dsmash: Splits, with outward knockback.

Dash attack: Rock Slide - a slide that kicks up gravel, trapping someone in for several hits.

Ftilt: Fire Punch- similar to Bowser's Ftilt
utilt: fast, upward peck.
Dtilt: single claw.
A: Claw swipes

Uair: Drill Peck
Fair: A forward claw swipe
Nair: Fire Spin (think Zelda)
Bair: claw backhand
Dair: Stomp

Grab-A: Peck
Uthrow: Generic, shortranged
Dthrow: Pichu-knockback downthrow. Great for combos.
Fthrow: Blaziken winds up and throws the victum like a football.
Bthrow: Generic, midranged.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
A counter like that can do over 100% damage if you are at 200% damage. It is post like these that make me question the intelligence of the people on the boards, most are knowledgeable enough however others think that the game will change if they post for it to be. They are not going tocreate a super character because you want them to and they will not tailor the game to a specific persons wants. You sir are one of the people who think the game will change because you want it to. I'm sorry if you take this the wrong way, but at least think about what you are posting and if it does change the game how it will change it before you post ideas about super characters like the one in this thread. That move wouldn't be reasonable even for the special move it is just too powerful and would make playing as the other characters unreasonable because of the potential of that one character.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
Shark X said:
I believe there's already a topic for this. If not, then about time.

you are wrong any pokemen thats not legendary can be a male or female =)

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I agree with Dweller. That counter is way too powerfull. Why would anyone play as other characters. That would change the game for the worse.

As for the special Overheat would get progressivly weaker everytime you use it just like in the games.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
shboke said:
you are wrong any pokemen thats not legendary can be a male or female =)
Uh that's already been determined in an earlier post on this thread even. I know I posted it.
Because it is determined by the gender of your character or at least the starters genders used to be anyway I guess female is more common check the virtual pokedex online to see the actual gender probability statistics for yourself.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
The Basement Dweller said:
Uh that's already been determined in an earlier post on this thread even. I know I posted it.
o ok but shark dosent know that shark prolly cuz in game it usually is a girl from start but a pokemon other than legendary CAN be any gender

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
shboke said:
o ok but shark dosent know that shark prolly cuz in game it usually is a girl from start but a pokemon other than legendary CAN be any gender
Except Chansy and Kangaskahn they are always female and legendaries have no gender.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
Except Chansy and Kangaskahn they are always female and legendaries have no gender.
o ok and you forget nidoran and king sry i cant spell but u know queen and king nidorena and them one race(rina and queen i think are female, and forgot and king male)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
shboke said:
o ok and you forget nidoran and king sry i cant spell but u know queen and king nidorena and them one race(rina and queen i think are female, and forgot and king male)
Niether can I, but you get my point.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't know he doesn't seem like a big fan he has never played the version with genders see his previous post, but then again niether am I however I try to stay on top of things. :laugh:

shboke

Smash Journeyman
I don't know he doesn't seem like a big fan he has never played the version with genders see his previous post, but then again niether am I however I try to stayon top of things. :laugh:
i jus know from back than u know it the Red and Blue version also gold

shboke

Smash Journeyman
Any thoughts on Blaizeken this is a thread to discuss if it should be in Brawl not discussing it's gender though.
yeah sorry, anyway idk he wouldnt be that bad

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but did you see kaid's unfair mive list with counter and all. Bad idea if you ask me too powerful of an atack will give him the advantage over the others and a big one at that.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but did you see kaid's unfair mive list with counter and all. Bad idea if you ask me too powerful of an atack will give him the advantage over the others and a big one at that.
didnt see it can u send me a link to the post?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Im in full support for Blaziken in Brawl. . . But Im going to wait for a topic like the Lucario shrine to come before I get out my other thoghts about this.

. . . You know, a topic that has a good move-set idea like Kaid's for Lucario and not just a "Should she be in?" topic.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Starter Pokemon belong in Pokeballs. I'd rather see Lucario besides, Blaziken would be too similar to Captain Falcon.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
NukeA6 said:
Starter Pokemon belong in Pokeballs. I'd rather see Lucario besides, Blaziken would be too similar to Captain Falcon.
He would be with the moves he learns.

Also according to the Pokedex:

"BLAZIKEN has incredibly strong legs it can easily clear a 30-story building in one leap."-

This means his jump would be to great and wouldnt work. They would have to weaken his jump and make him not jump as high. It wouldnt work well.

Source:
http://pokedex.pokedream.com/pokedex.php?id=257

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Wait... Which ones blaiziken? What the crap is it supposed to be if its that bird thing doktur posted earilier on? It looks like a ******** cross breed of a rooster and a horse and a huuuuuudge. For the love of god, and all that is holy, no ruby and sapphire pokemon for brawl!!!!!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Oh boy! This idea is worse than Deoxys and Lucario be put into Brawl!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
As long as he doesnt have the already mentioned moveset I would be fine with him in brawl. He is a different type(Fire) pokemon, a starter, and well liked. The others are electric, normal, and phycic so he would fit.

Top Bottom