• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu from Street Fighter has NO CHANCE of making it into SSBB, but I have a move list!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ryu from Street fighter foes have minimal to no chance of making it in, but I made info for him.
MOVE LIST INCLUDED! :p

Ryufrom Street Fighter
B - Hado-ken: Well, you all know hat it is! it would b a short projectile, that would go farther depending on how long you held the "B" button. Also, holding up or down after firing would control it, making it slant either up or down.
Foward B -Flip Kicks: ryu does hat little flip-kick combo foward. Nothing more. could also be his smash attack if this B move wouldn't work.
Up B -Shoryuken- Leaps upwards while doing uppercut.
Down B Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku- like Mario and Luigi's Down B move, but with kicks.

Charcter Symbol -Championship Belt, Hadoken Fireball, flag Of Japan? I really don't have a solid choice on this. Please post ideas.

Stage -World Tournament stage/ Japanese Street/ Thailand (th place where you fight sagat). Once again, I don't have a clear thought about this one. so many good locations.

What happens when Kirby sucks him up - kirby gets a little Gi, hair, and a bandana.

Well, whadya think? I would like to see ryu in SSBB, even though he has littl chance :lick:

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
no not really, i mean u explained it well, but he wouldnt seem right to be in a kids fighting game.

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
Ryu no chance? Perposterous, Capcom milks Ryu every chance they get, they even put his Hadouken! as a powerup in the Megaman games. And the Foward B move you talking about is the Tatsumaki Seppukyaku, inother words Hurricane Kick. His special movie when he grabs the smash icon would be Shin Hadouken which is basically a rip off of something from DBZ.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
HaiTien73 said:
And the Foward B move you talking about is the Tatsumaki Seppukyaku, inother words Hurricane Kick. His special movie when he grabs the smash icon would be Shin Hadouken which is basically a rip off of something from DBZ.
Hold on... [looks on wikipedia and google]

HOLY CRAP! I MIXED UP THE MOVES! THANK YOU!

Maybe Ryu does have aA chance, but slim at the least. For Capcom characters, it will most likely be Megaman or Megaman.EXE

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Hold on... [looks on wikipedia and google]

HOLY CRAP! I MIXED UP THE MOVES! THANK YOU!

Maybe Ryu does have aA chance, but slim at the least. For Capcom characters, it will most likely be Megaman or Megaman.EXE
Or the New Megamen, Vent and Eile! Who knows, that game rocks! *no pun intended*

BTW, didnt Ryu started with Nintendo? Actually, I personally think his Alpha a.k.a Zero Version could fit in nicely.

I mean this one:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chidosengan said:
Or the New Megamen
Megaman.EXE IS the New Megaman, but he'll get in before Ryu, definently. But classic Megaman has better shots then both of them :grin:

Oh, Ryu first appeared on Arcade then came to all consoles at nearly the same time, but I do think Street Fighter came to Nintendo first :confused:

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
Little chance of EXE being in the game, Megaman EXE is already in Onimusha Blade Warriors, plays similiar to Smash Bros. but has a life bar instead of %. And it has 3 Megaman EXE characters and the GBA Zero, unlikely that Capcom will just rip him from that game and put him in Brawl

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
Chidosengan said:
Nope, there are two new megamans

thats the girl, cant find a good pick of the guy. dont feel like searching rite now.

she has a better chance of being in Brawl than EXE. But I think if they do pick Megaman they'll probably use Legends Megaman or the original one because those are the 2 most used Megamans in a Capcom spinoff game

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Found em!

Vent

Eile

Their Costumes and abilities:

X

Z

H

L

P

F

Megaman ZX just recently released in Japan and comes out sometime this September in US.

.....Wait... this belongs in the Megaman topic does in it....
<_<;
>_>;

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chidosengan said:
Nope, there are two new megamans

thats the girl, cant find a good pick of the guy. dont feel like searching rite now.
Hey, thnx, I didn't know about this kind of design.

Which game is this from?

EDIT: Wow, I can't bleieve I said that EXE had a better shot than Classic. I know I didn't know too much, but that's no excuse.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
Hey, thnx, I didn't know about this kind of design.

Which game is this from?

Also, I think the ".EXE" version has a better chance than any other version of Megaman because .EXE has only appeared on Nintendo consoles ,the GBA, DS, and the gamecube, while the original "Blue Bomber", Megaman X version, and the Legends version all apeared on other consoles, so I think if he were in, they would go with the most Nintendo related look.
EXE appeared in Onimusha Battle (watever the name is) for PS2. The new Vent and Eile are brand new characters for the Nintendo DS exclusive game, Megaman ZX. Look at my above post for pics.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chidosengan said:
<_<;
>_>;
Yeah, this about Ryu, but it was intersting to learn all this stuffa bout megaman I never knew. I onloy play the old ones and the Battle Networks on the GBA. The ones on the DS and gamecube sucked. Actually, the DS one is okay, 6/10.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
MaDWaK said:
no not really, i mean u explained it well, but he wouldnt seem right to be in a kids fighting game.
.....not right in a kids foghting game XD. have you heard the news lately about snake? I'll put it in terms you'll be able to under stand:
Snake= metal gear solid= rated M(emphisis on the M)= getting into smash bros= seeing kirby and snake on the same screen=ANYONE CAN GET IN NOW! NO MATTER HOW THEY FIT!

now if capcom does contribute to SSB, it will either be ryu or megaman. while mega has a better chance of getting in, ryu comes in very close second. it was street fighter AND megaman that mainly put capcom in the spotlight. I hope to see both though. it would be cool having an awesome muscle man that shoots hadokens fighting mario. hadoken vs fireball!

magar

Banned via Administration
I See How This Is The Megaman Pwns Ryu Topic ;)
Anyways, I Believe he has a better chance than Banjo Kazooie :)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
magar said:
Not When I Play MVC, lol ;)
when I play MVC(2), its Captain America, ryu, and Servbot who pwn all!

You know what, screw Megaman, put Servbot in the game! He's much more cartoony for Nintendo's liking!

bbb

Smash Champion
Instead of Ryu, they should have Dan Hibiki because his ridiculousness fits into Smash better. That and he's totally pimp. *points to pink gi*

The word ridiculousness brought to you by Dictionary.com

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
AL CaPWN said:
Ryu has no chance of making because Mario and Luigi copy too many of his moves.
actually I'd imagine Ryu and Ken to be a combination of Captian Falcon and Samus.
And they would have a Falco/Fox connection.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
tirkaro said:
.....not right in a kids foghting game XD. have you heard the news lately about snake? I'll put it in terms you'll be able to under stand:
Snake= metal gear solid= rated M(emphisis on the M)= getting into smash bros= seeing kirby and snake on the same screen=ANYONE CAN GET IN NOW! NO MATTER HOW THEY FIT!

now if capcom does contribute to SSB, it will either be ryu or megaman. while mega has a better chance of getting in, ryu comes in very close second. it was street fighter AND megaman that mainly put capcom in the spotlight. I hope to see both though. it would be cool having an awesome muscle man that shoots hadokens fighting mario. hadoken vs fireball!
Complete Agreement

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
AL CaPWN said:
Ryu has no chance of making because Mario and Luigi copy too many of his moves.
No, the most likely copy would be the shoryuken. Thats it, and I even thoguht Ryu would do it differently when I thought of his moveset. More foward 40 degrees slant than straight up.

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
hemightbegiant said:
No, the most likely copy would be the shoryuken. Thats it, and I even thoguht Ryu would do it differently when I thought of his moveset. More foward 40 degrees slant than straight up.
actually Ken's Shoryuken (english translation Rising Dragon Punch) would be similiar to Luigi's Up B move because Ken's Shoryuken is flaming and I believe does more damage then Ryu's.

And a fighting game that has a truely endless universe would definately have to be Mortal Kombat. They have a crap load of characters.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
HaiTien73 said:
And a fighting game that has a truely endless universe would definately have to be Mortal Kombat. They have a crap load of characters.
YOU BET IT IS!

MK Armagodon (SP?), every character from the MK series, thats about... 50 characters!!!

AND a "Create-A-Fatality" mode rumor? BEST MK EVER! :psycho:

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
hemightbegiant said:
YOU BET IT IS!

MK Armagodon (SP?), every character from the MK series, thats about... 50 characters!!!

AND a "Create-A-Fatality" mode rumor? BEST MK EVER! :psycho:
not every character, its missing Human Smoke (I pwn3d with him in MK2 and UMK3), Khameleon, Chameleon, Elder Sub-Zero (the Sub-Zero in MK1, UMK3, and MK Mythologies), Hsu Tao, and Mavoldo.

and Kreate-A-Fatality and Kreate-A-Fighter are confirmed. And I have to say Reptile's and Ermac's new costumes are gay, Rain's new costume is alright but the original's are the best. But Reptile's Armageddon's costume is better then his Deadly Alliance costume

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
HaiTien73 said:
not every character, its missing Human Smoke (I pwn3d with him in MK2 and UMK3), Khameleon, Chameleon, Elder Sub-Zero (the Sub-Zero in MK1, UMK3, and MK Mythologies), Hsu Tao, and Mavoldo.
but still, that IS alot of characters!

HaiTien73 said:
and the Kreate a fatlitiy and Kreate a fighter modes are confirmed
YAY! I WANNA MAKE A FATALITY WHERE THE GU KICKS OF THE HEAD AND KICKS IT LIKE A BALL INTO THE OPPONENT'S STOMACH!!

It won't be that detailed, prbably, but what about the Kreate A fighter mode may be cool. I like the one in soul Caliber 3 :)

HaiTien73

Smash Rookie
hemightbegiant said:
but still, that IS alot of characters!

YAY! I WANNA MAKE A FATALITY WHERE THE GU KICKS OF THE HEAD AND KICKS IT LIKE A BALL INTO THE OPPONENT'S STOMACH!!

It won't be that detailed, prbably, but what about the Kreate A fighter mode may be cool. I like the one in soul Caliber 3 :)
it is actually pretty detailed, not as detailed as Oblivion but definately waaaaaay more detailed then the one in SC3, that one was low quality, having to unlock the parts is fine with me but most of them look the same.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Where's the love for Ryu? The main character of one of the most popular and first fighting games...I'd prefer him as a third party representative way more than Megaman. He'd be insanely awesome!

bloodhunter

Smash Rookie
California FC: 2878-9250-0874, you make the room i
I think the OP is wrong, Ryu has a lot better chance getting into this game then most characters presented on this board. He would fit well, anyone who says he wouldn't doesn't know what they are talking about. If Snake can be molded in so can Ryu. If they did pick a Street Fighter character though, it would probably be Chun Li.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Found em!

Vent

Eile

Their Costumes and abilities:

X

Z

H

L

P

F

Megaman ZX just recently released in Japan and comes out sometime this September in US.

<_<;
>_>;
Wow... they truly suck! only original Megaman FTW!

as for Ryu, no thanks, characters from Fighting games shouldn't be in Brawl they add nothing new.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chun-Li kicks the *** out of anyone in street fighter...I was unbeatable with her in Street Fighter 2

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace

and Kreate-A-Fatality and Kreate-A-Fighter are confirmed. And I have to say Reptile's and Ermac's new costumes are gay, Rain's new costume is alright but the original's are the best. But Reptile's Armageddon's costume is better then his Deadly Alliance costume
Khameleon and Chameleon are in well one of the only in the Wii ersion, Elder Sub-Zero is now Noob-Saibot,Human Smoke was never a real figther but a bonus, MK Mythologies and spin offs dont count

Top Bottom