• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Any Nintendo character is a possible character. Hell even some third parties are possible. So my answer is yes, Ike is a possible character in SSBB.

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
The castle is a stage from Path of Radiance.

Anyway, Ike is a clone of Marth in the Fire Emblem games [same style], so I think if anything, Marth may be replaced by Ike and Ike could get all his same moves and attributes. It would be boring, but it seems logical. If that did happen, I think Roy would get scrapped altogether and replaced with Lyn. [Who would have to be her own character, she has a Japanese sword fighting style.]

In short, I do think Ike is a very possible character. If Nintendo wants more Fire Emblem characters, or if Nintendo wants to make the game more up to date [which certainly seems the case with the whole Link redesign], Ike certainly has high chances.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
And how do you know what the hell that castle IS? I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere, if I'm wrong let me know though.

and by confirmed I don't mean "well the flags look like they come from FE!"

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, the flags don't JUST look like they're from FE. They have an FE symbol on the flags, a symbol that doesn't appear in any other Nintendo game we know of with a castle (Bowser's castle, Peach's castle, Zelda's castle).

It seems pretty likely that it's at least SOME kind of FE stage.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's the one. It doesn't appear in any other games, so that lends to the whole "castle is an FE stage" argument.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay this is kinda a off topic question but... Is Fire Emblem Path of Ridiance a good game to get?
I've played FE6, 7 and the Sacred Stones on a GBA emulator. I don't really like strategy games but Fire Emblem atleast did apeal to me somehow. Ive seen the trailer of PoR and I must say Im pretty impressed but... It is really worthy to get? Because I couldn't stand the normal speed of the GBA games, it was way too slow but if you hit the spacebar it will go twice as fast. XD Anyways its the speed that kills the game, also is there an option to save during turns? I mean I hate losing a character becasue I was being reckless, thats why the emulator wsa better suited for me... So... Should I get it or not?

From what I've seen I think Ike is a pretty good candidate for Brawl. He's on Sakurai's poll which does mean they thought about adding him and he's from the VERY FIRST ( =O ) 3D Fire Emblem. Yeah another swordsman, but does it care? The more the merrier huh?

GenG

Smash Lord
Sorry, but the flag doesn't even fit with the Daein crest. If you look closely, it resembles more a black standing dragon (head, wings and 2 feet). That crest is for the Mideus army, so this stage has been placed on Akaneia continent, where Fire Emblem 1 and 3 took place. That's is a stage for Marth indeed.

Moreover, the insights of the castle resembles the final scenario where the battle with the dragon took place, the setup for the final battle was almost replicated for Fire emblem the Blazing Sword: A huge hallroom with huge stairs and the huge dragon sitting in the top.

And then again... Why show a Fire Emblem stage in the trailer and not a Zelda one? Think about it. Akaneia didn't make to Melee because they had no time. They did some make up on the almost finished stage from Melee and... voila!

So my bet: Akaneia, Dolua (Medeus Castle) at the end of Fire emblem 1, cause that forest don't fit match with the description of the Dragon Tier terrain (a castle on a tall mountain).

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
Okay this is kinda a off topic question but... Is Fire Emblem Path of Ridiance a good game to get?
I've played FE6, 7 and the Sacred Stones on a GBA emulator. I don't really like strategy games but Fire Emblem atleast did apeal to me somehow. Ive seen the trailer of PoR and I must say Im pretty impressed but... It is really worthy to get? Because I couldn't stand the normal speed of the GBA games, it was way too slow but if you hit the spacebar it will go twice as fast. XD Anyways its the speed that kills the game, also is there an option to save during turns? I mean I hate losing a character becasue I was being reckless, thats why the emulator wsa better suited for me... So... Should I get it or not?

From what I've seen I think Ike is a pretty good candidate for Brawl. He's on Sakurai's poll which does mean they thought about adding him and he's from the VERY FIRST ( =O ) 3D Fire Emblem. Yeah another swordsman, but does it care? The more the merrier huh?
In an off topic statement, Path of Radiance is a must have for the Gamecube. Though I don't think you could get as much from it if you don't like Strategy games.

burrito

Smash Lord
GenG said:
Sorry, but the flag doesn't even fit with the Daein crest. If you look closely, it resembles more a black standing dragon (head, wings and 2 feet). That crest is for the Mideus army, so this stage has been placed on Akaneia continent, where Fire Emblem 1 and 3 took place. That's is a stage for Marth indeed.
Is it really? I was trying to figure out what that crest was for a while. Do you have a picture of the crest from the original game?

GenG

Smash Lord
Dunno, but I remember it quite well. I saw it in an official guide book.

This is the real Daein crest, the one in red:

Daein's one

Then compare it with the flag in Brawl:

Castle flags

They don't match in the size and design, plus the Daein crest in vertical and the Medeus crest is horizontal.

D

Deleted member

http://revolution.ign.com/objects/826/826984.html

Heard about FE wii? It seems to be a direct sequel, so they could have changed the crest slightly in six years or so... or maybe its just a new design for SSBB.

Please Nintendo, no more characters designed for advertising purposes!

Oh and Ike has nothing on Marth (**** mercenary *******...).

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Ike and Marth are very different. Marth fights like the lord he's always been, while Ike is a mercenary.

We don't need anymore swords, though. *sigh*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well let's officially count the Sword characters now ok?

Sure to be sword fighters:
Link
Metaknight
Marth
Roy*
Lyn*
Ike*
Young Link*

Not sure:
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus

* Means assuming they are in the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Perhaps Zelda might have a sword to. Daymn Nintendo even Samus is gonna be a swordman... who's next? Yoshi?

Smash Lord
If you watch the promo for SSBB in slow motion you can see that it is a beam whip and not a beam sword.

About that Daein symbol....it looks similar but from the images it is not the same. It is possible that castle may be from the upcoming Fire Emblem game >.<

Just wait and see, there's no point in speculation.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SSJ4Kazuki said:
Ike should replace Marth. I agree 100%
I disagree. Marth was put in for piopularity sake. I think Roy might get replaced since he was only in for advertising FE6. For a new FE characters, I think it will be either Ike or Sigurd.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
Well let's officially count the Sword characters now ok?

Sure to be sword fighters:
Link
Metaknight
Marth
Roy*
Lyn*
Ike*
Young Link*

Not sure:
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus

* Means assuming they are in the game.
You forgot pit...

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
From the official site:
"Pit is able to separate and unite the blades of the Sacred Bow of Palutena"
Swords

Kyoshiro

Smash Rookie
I didn't play all the Fire Emblem, but I liked Ike a lot so in my opinion it would be great if he were in the game (as well as Black Knight)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I haven't played Path of Radiance, but I still would like him to be included in this game. Here's a pic of him for those who don't know him.

D

Deleted member

Yes, as long as there aren't too many advertisement characters. Ike resembles a kind of de-pimped Marth, so I'm fine with that. And for the record, Ragnell is more 'godly' than tSoS. Aether would be a good choice for a super.

(Change his voice actor.)

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Boyd is really crappy until he gets upgraded. But then he kicks major butt. I never even thought about Boyd for Brawl. I am officially for Boyd in SSBB!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Ike is a chump. Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones blow Path of Radiance out of the water. Both storyline and gameplay. Lyn, Hector, Ephraim&Eirika are so much better. [Not so much Eirika, only because she's a female fencer stylist] Sothe and Sothe's partner in crime female are actually pretty viable since it is the first FE for Wii, so they may want to put one of FE Wii's characters in to honor it.

Ike is way too cliche a character, like Sepharam said himself at the end: mercenary turned hero. Way too overused. Also the ending was a let down.

Here's to NO Ike in Brawl!

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would support Boyd as a chracter for Smash. Maybe it's just me, but don't you think if the added Boyd they would add Ike too? I mean, it would feel king of strange to have him in there without Ike.

Ike, I think could be ok if they just gave him a unique moveset. If they go with the quick, and repetitve, slashing he would be like a clone. For Ike, I think it may go either way (As in there or not).
-SMB

Top Bottom