• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus - Official discussion of her in SSBB

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Zero Suit Samus

I honestly believe this character was one of the greatest additions to SSB they could have ever done, so I oppened this thread to talk about her and about her participation in SSBB.
You can post here ideas about her moveset, the so-mentioned supers, what kind of character she would be, etc., etc.

To start off, I think it would be great that in order to play with her, it would require that you first do Samus' Super, her suit would break and you could play then with Zero Suit Samus, and another super to return to Samus... but maybe that's too Zelda/Sheik... but they may put the two as separate characters.

I don't know, just go ahead and post!

decpersona

Smash Rookie
i dont know if requiring samus to use a super move to change into zero suit would be that good. it'd be fun for sure, but
i dont want supers to become a necessity.

super moves = must be completely optional.

though i get where you're coming from.

decpersona

Smash Rookie
yeah her voice would be interesting, hopefully unlike the weird mechanical noises samus makes in ssbm.

very unfeminine...

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Although I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be in the Confirmed Character Discussion, noting the time that SSBB information has been out, I'll discuss this while it lasts.

I decided to main ZSSamus the day she was announced. Anyways, while I am interested in her voice a little bit, I am very interested as to how her moves will work. Think about it, she pulls the beam sword out of the blaster, so will she be able to switch between the two? Or are you stuck with just one? Also, since she'll definitely be lighter, will they compensate by making her less floaty? Just a thought.

decpersona

Smash Rookie
maybe it will be a random thingy, like luigi's green missile misfire.

edit: actually i'm hoping for less random move variations in brawl.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
sheepyman said:
Although I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be in the Confirmed Character Discussion, noting the time that SSBB information has been out, I'll discuss this while it lasts.
I know what you mean but I just wanted to do a thread for all those who like Zero Suit Samus a lot, or have something to say about her in SSBB, not about all-confirmed characters, it's like a "Zero Suit Samus fans enter here" or something like that lol. :)

About other things, the voice is a factor I'm sure they'll be very careful with, they cannot mess the character up, and putting up a wrong voice there could do that. Her voice will be perfect for her I can assure you.

Of course that'll be my main SSBB Character!!! then Samus, and if they put Blaziken there, that would be the next one!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I would not like her to be a character only accessable through Samus' super move for a very simple reason:

If you decided to turn off the SSBB logo item (which, from the video, allows you to use your move), you would not be able to play as Zamus. If it turns out that these super moves are too powerful, cheap, or whatever, they may become tournament illegal, and that would make Zamus also unplayable in tournaments.

SiGeL

Smash Cadet
Read the signature. :)

Regardless of how good/bad Zero Samus (AKA Zero Suit Samus AKA Zamus AKA 0Samus AKA Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four AKA girl from Virtua Fighter who's name escapes me), that's who I will be playing as. Unless they put the Ninja from MGS or Sephiroth in, I am sticking to my word. :O

I don't know if I would rather her gun attachment thing be a whip or a sword. If it is a whip, the range on it looks ridic, but I am fine with a sword as well. Maybe give her speed around Shiek/Marth. and POSSIBLY, if it is done right, the option to change the Sword/Whip to the blaster, although I don't know what it would do, as a charge shot only froze people for a few seconds. Mewtwo style, anyone? Or like Suit Samus' charge shot? Make it kind of laggy to balance it out.

I really hope that Zero Samus isn't only accesible from the Samus super, I don't think they would do that, though

Zero Samus for life!

OopSeong

Smash Rookie
I think she'll be more of a Doc Mario to normal Mario than a switch character. They shouldn't mess with the original Melee characters much, well at the least the higher up tiers. I wouldn't mind seeing Pichu get a morph into like Raichu or something though to beef him up

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Paranoid_Android said:
I would not like her to be a character only accessable through Samus' super move for a very simple reason:

If you decided to turn off the SSBB logo item (which, from the video, allows you to use your move), you would not be able to play as Zamus. If it turns out that these super moves are too powerful, cheap, or whatever, they may become tournament illegal, and that would make Zamus also unplayable in tournaments.
You're right there. In fact I just tought that would look great :p , but I do know it would represent this kinda problems... it would also make Zero Suit Samus a character not playable at the beginning of a match for instance... (unless of course some kind of Sheik trick was involved, but that's way too much especulating for now :psycho: ) Just as you say, I would not like it to be the ONLY method to play with her, but it surely would be one great method :) .

In any case the big N will know what to do! :chuckle:

EDIT: Just read SiGeL's post and Signature... that's exactly how I feel... IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD/BAD SHE IS, I'M MAINING HER!!! :)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
ZS Samus for top tier!

She'll be the second character I try out. I have to try out the new Fox first and make sure they didn't screw him up.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
zamus is indeed one of the best additions they could have added, in my opinion.

completely unexpected.
seriously, zamus ftw.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
I also think that ZSSamus is a good addition to the roster, not to mention a hot one!
Hopefully she's not a samus clone or anything. She obviously won't be doing any missles or morph balls any more. So she's almost guaranteed her own moves.

Also, I'd main her too, if you know what I mean. ; )
Oh how I'll main her. lol

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
zamus is cool and all, but i was really hoping for Fusion Suit Samus. would be fine as a samus clone. a little lighter with some ice missles.

i really wonder if zamus can switch from gun to sword, or if her b moves will split between them. i don't want her to be just another sword character.

Wuss

Smash Champion
You know in the first SSB, the character intros, well what if Zamus's was the varia suit coming off and her jumping out, similar to the preview. I think that would be sweet. For her moves, since it appears she is a sword user, I think she'll be a good character because the most sword users rule. just a guess.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
0Samus looks to be one awsome addition but if you look carefully at the vid her weapon looks to be more of a whip, almost like how the beam sword is used, it has a short blade but when you attack with it, it extends. Then there is if it can be used as a gun and/or a sword as well.

An added bonus is that she is HAWT !! XD

TheFireFox

Smash Rookie
marth + shiek = zero suit samus

so basically

1 best ssbm char + 1 best ssbm char = THE best ssb char

so basically

my new char = Zero Suit Samus

viper210

Smash Rookie
man i really hope samus+zamus would be da same char. but i aint countin on it. at least the 2 would make da perfect tag team tho.

WR3K

Smash Ace
viper210 said:
man i really hope samus+zamus would be da same char. but i aint countin on it. at least the 2 would make da perfect tag team tho.

learn how to spell, and use grammar, jesus christ

no it would not be cool, what if you only wanted normal samus, but was forced to use ZSSamus after the super, or only wanted ZSSamus...

sn][p3r

Smash Cadet
Lol so much people with the Zero Suit Samus avatar im getting confused. Yes I will use Zero Suit Samus as a main and to piss other people off I WILL USE SNAKE. And some fox, and some normal Samus, hell I'll do a bit of each. and get pwned cuz i mastered none. But ZSSamus is DEFINATELY VERY UNEXPECTED AND ONE OF THE BEST ADDITIONS. I'm guessing Zero Suit Samus will be locked in the beginning because of how popular she is becoming...

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
I'm very happy by the response on this thread! :) :) :) :) :)

I think she'll be a "higher-tier" (that means no bottom, low or mid tier, but high or top), and I'd love her to be a top-tier pwning character lol !!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Keep talking about her! :)

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
WR3K said:
learn how to spell, and use grammar, jesus christ

no it would not be cool, what if you only wanted normal samus, but was forced to use ZSSamus after the super, or only wanted ZSSamus...
Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
ZS Samus needs to be seperate from regular Samus, and so does Sheik/Zelda. ZSS already sounds like a top tier character. Whip = Melee range. Blaster = fast projectile. She's athletic and nimble, and obviously lighter than regular Samus, so she's probably pretty quick too. I know this is just speculation, but ****, I didn't expect to so interested in such an unexpected character!

greenblob

Smash Lord
I have a few problems with Zero Suit Samus. I personally think it's against Metroid canon to make armorless Samus readily available to play. She also doesn't have a face that would cause people to cower in fear at one glance. By exposing her so much, I think that it takes away some of her "intergalactically feared bounty hunter" status to more of a "lara croft" status.

Well, she's in, so I guess there really is no point in arguing against having her in the game.

I think that Zero Suit Samus should be a separate character from Samus. Having one transform into the other would ruin the style in which Samus is played.

BlackKnight1360

Smash Rookie
I don't think that ZS Samus will be too much faster or lighter than Samus, because the Chozo Power Suit is made to be lightweight and aerobatic due to gravity reducing technology (that's why Samus can fall forever in Metroid games and never get hurt. Example-chasm to final boss in Metroid Prime. It was over a mile deep, and she just hopped down there, landing with no difficulty.) If anything some of her physical abiltites may be limited to her suited ego; she may not be as acrobatic, and she can't roll away as easy (no morph ball). Just a thought, keep in mind...

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
BlackKnight1360 said:
I don't think that ZS Samus will be too much faster or lighter than Samus, because the Chozo Power Suit is made to be lightweight and aerobatic due to gravity reducing technology.
You're absolutely right there, but still she must have some physical abilities and attitudes to be able to handle taht powerfull suit. I think she'll be much as light as regular Samus, (They're gonna make Dark Samus the heavier of these three I think, if they include it of course, hope they do! :) :) ) but obviously changing the long-range arsenal to quick and powerfull melee combat. (And she may even have some range weapons, like she had in Metroid: Zero Mission :p )

burrito

Smash Lord
Hopefully they use Samus's voice in Metroid Prime for Zero Suit Samus.

Also, maybe Samus's beam whip can turn into different beam weapons like Necrid in Soul Calibur 2.

MetaNight

Smash Rookie
sheepyman said:

I decided to main ZSSamus the day she was announced. Anyways, while I am interested in her voice a little bit, I am very interested as to how her moves will work. Think about it, she pulls the beam sword out of the blaster, so will she be able to switch between the two? Or are you stuck with just one? Also, since she'll definitely be lighter, will they compensate by making her less floaty? Just a thought.[/Quote/]

I decided to main Zamus also. But do you think there will be a corrupted Samus playable [MP3:Corruption]? That'd be pretty cool

fluffy

Smash Champion
i think that samus is hot.

and that she'll fight like shiek and like shes gonna be lethal. BlackKnight1360 seems to be right about her power suit.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Zero Suit Samus does look as if she will be a great character and an excellent addition to the Super Smash Brothers cast. This character really came out of left field and her appearance is a definite surprise. No one here can honestly say that they thought that ZSSamus would be in SSBB. With all that said I am still skeptical, but I am very optimistic.

I for one am very excited as to find out how ZSSamus will play. Being slender and wielding a small firearm with a built in energy weapon she will definitely be unique, especially when compared to her Varia Suit counter part. While Zero Suit Samus' weapon of choice is still up for debate I am still confident that she will be a great character. Is it an energy whip or a beam sword? Maybe her pistol is similiar to Necrid's orb weapon from the Soul Caliber Series, as previously mentioned.

Realistically speaking, I think ZSSamus will play like a mix of Sheik, Marth, maybe Varia Suit Samus, and possibly Fox if you think about it. Without the bulky suit Zero Suit Samus may be swift, lethal, and might wield a whip similiar to Sheik. In addition to being fast and powerful ZSSamus might have long reach in close combat, akin to Marth. Essentially being regular Varia Suit Samus without the Varia Suit, it may be safe to assume that Zero Suit Samus might play a little bit like Varia Suit Samus. As for possibly playing a bit like Fox, both characters have small blasters. Also without the enhanced attributes given to ZSSamus by the Varia Suit she might not be able to jump very high, but she will still be swift like Fox.

Anyway those are my two cents and mini character analysis.

Stay Groovy,
Dead Hippie

P.S. First Real Post Here At The Smash Boards

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Thank you Fluffy, its very good to be here. *Begins laughing maniacally*

On Topic: So what are your thoughts on a Zero Suit Samus moveset?

I expect her moves to be swift and surprisingly strong. I may post an idea later

fluffy

Smash Champion
personally by just the looks of her form and attitude, i think shes more of the shiek-type.

definately, a chick u dont wanna mess around w/. but shes also hot....*droolz*

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
I myself am really hoping that they aren't seperate characters. The idea of having to use the supers to transform has no more appeal to me. I'd actually think it's a delicate thing, but the best way of easing Zero-Suit Samus in there without getting rid of Samus is to do a B-move transformation a la Zelda-Sheik in SSBM. That would, of course, have to take away one of Samus' moves, but maybe somehow, in Brawl they will each have one more like they got in SSBM. Maybe.

Top Bottom