• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion 4, 26.dec-29.dec - Big stuff

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace

What can I say? This the fourth tournament in the Smashers' Reunion series. SR has been known as the
largest tournament in Norway, and this time it will, hopefully, be even larger than the previous.
We'll also work to get a lot of sponsors this time, which you will get advantage of :)
I dunno what more to say, other than: there have never been any late tournaments yet. And I
guess that the main reason for that, is the great focus and work that is put on organizing the
tournaments. If you're going to have a tournament, it's REALLY important to use all you got in your
power to organize it well, and that's exactly what I do for my tournaments! This time SR will have
tournaments in Melee, Brawl and SSB64(singles only), where Melee by no doubt is the main tournament.
Also I'm trying to implement a new rule, that I only will use if you like it. Check the red marked
rule for information.

Also: The venue is booked, so if you wanna buy plane tickets or whatever, you can do that now! :)

INFO:

Where: "Skistua" in Eidsvoll Verk, Norway

Post Code: 2074 Eidsvoll Verk

Address: ØSTRE HURDALSVEI 172

Date: 26. - 29. December

How to get there: Take a flight to Oslo Airport (Gardermoen). Then you take the
train to Eidsvoll Verk, which is the first train station after Gardermoen, then we can pick you up there.
Take the train who has Eidsvoll as its final destination. It should arrive every hour at XX:00.

If you're traveling with Ryanair, and arriving at Torp, you have to take the bus to Oslo Bus Terminal, then go to
Oslo S, then you take the Eidsvoll-train to Eidsvoll Verk(which is the first station after Gardermoen).

Entrance fee: 250NOK/41$(The entrance fee includes all tournaments).
Remember that Norway ONLY use Norwegian Kroner(no Euros and such)

Contact me:
MSN: Gribb_14@hotmail.com
AIM: SSBMTonberry
E-mail: ssbmtonberry@gmail.com
Mobile Phone: (+47) 481 34 661

Remember to bring money for food =)

What's up?

Friday 26/12:
12:00 - The venue opens.
17:30 - SSB64 Singles.
24:00 - Time to sleep! (you can stay awake if you want, but be quiet!)

Saturday 27/12:
10:00 - Time to wake up. (I'll try to wake you lazy bums up)
11:00 - Brawl Teams
14:00 - Brawl Singles - Round Robins.
18:00 - Brawl Singles - Bracket.
24:00 - Time to sleep!

Sunday 28/12:
10:00 - Time to wake up!
11:00 - Melee Teams
14:00 - Melee Singles - Round Robins.
18:00 - Melee Singles - Bracket.
24:00 - Time to sleep!

Monday 29/12:
11:00 - If some tournaments didn't finish, we'll do that here(though that has never been necessary before)
13:30 - I give the winners pengz.
14:00 - Cleaning the worst mess.
15:00 - Eventually an extra tournament of choice.
18:30 - Cleaning the venue.
20:00 - Closing. Home we go =(

General Rules:

NO ALCOHOL OR OTHER INTOXICATING SUBSTANCES! - I sure wanna have the possibility to
rent this venue another time. And the owners have made it strictly clear what they do not want
in the venue. By signing up for the tournament, you fully agree on this rule.

CHECK THE BRACKET FOR YOUR MATCHES - It happens that some people plays a set earlier
than they really should, cuz someone does mistakes when looking at the bracket. YOU both are
responsible for not informing yourself. People are doing mistakes, therefore you have to check
your own matches, even though someone tells you that you'll play next. If it should happen that
someone is still playing a set that will appear in the future, that set will count if the players
meet each other later. Therefore I tell you here and now: always check your matches!

B.Y.O.C(Bring Your Own Controller)

After midnight you don't need to play: If it appears that the clock is past midnight, you
don't need to play your matches, if you're tired. That is: if you haven't started your set already.

Melee Rules:

NEW RULE: The MLG-Inspired Justice Rule: If Player1 wins a set against
Player2 in the Winners Bracket, Player1 will get a minor advantage if they meet again in the
Losers Bracket. If the set in the Losers Bracket is supposed to be best of 5, it will be extended
to best of 7, and Player1 starts with one point more than Player2. Short said: best of 5 will
be extended to best of 7, and Player1 will have the lead with 1-0 at the start of the set.

NO ITEMS!

For teams: Friendly Fire: ON

Advanced Slob Picks - For those who don't know, this rule is used in the most tournaments.
When a match is finished, the loser may counter pick stage. The loser must tell the winner which
stage he's going to counter pick. The winner may then change character, then the loser may change
character. So, loser picks stage, winner change character, loser change character.

Dave's Stupid Rule - This rule says that you can't counter pick the last stage you won at.

Stage Reset - Each player might reset a random stage at the first match. Each player got
one reset each, and if they get a stage they don't wanna play at on random select, they can reset
it.

Stage Banning - This rule says that each player may ban a stage before they start a set.
This means that this stage cannot be played at all. For example: If a player ban DL64, it can neither
be chosen at random, nor be used as a counter pick.

Round Robins - All players will be divided in groups/pools. The 4 best players from each pool
will advance to the brackets. The matches in the pools will be best of 3, and every player gets one
point each match they win, so the maximum points you can get from each player is 2.

Double Elimination - The best players from each pool will advance to the brackets. In the
brackets all players starts in Winners Bracket. If they lose a set in the Winners Bracket, they'll get
another chance to win the tournament, in the Losers Bracket. If they lose in the Losers Bracket. Well,
then they have lost...

Neutral Stages(used on Random Select):
Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium.

Banned Stages:
Flat Zone, Big Blue, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi 64, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Venom,
Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island, Mushroom Kingdom I & II.

Stages Available For Counter Picking:
Princess Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes,
Green Greens, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Pokèmon Stadium, Pokè Floats,
Battlefield, Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Kongo Jungle 64.

NB! Mute City and Fountain of Dreams is banned in Teams, because those stages may cause lag
when four players play the stage on the same time.

NO STALLING!!! - All kinds of stalling(hiding in a way that'll make it impossible for the opponent
to attack you) are fully forbidden! If you get catched for this, you'll get disqualified!
Example: Jiggly's forward-b stalling, and stalling with Peach Bomber.

Brawl Rules:

Same rules as those used in Melee, but with some differences:

Stocks: 3

Time: 7 mins

Metaknights Infinite Cape-glitch is banned.

Sonic's stall is banned.

GANONDORF IS BANNED! - Just kidding, lol.

If someone does a suicide attack, like Kirby-cide and Bowser's Suicide Claw, and it becomes sudden death,
the player using the suicide move will win.

Stages available at Random Select:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise

Stages available for Counter Picking:
Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1, Onett, Brinstar, Corneria,
Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise,
Yoshi's Island (Melee).

SSB64 Rules:

Stocks: 5

Double Elimination

Dave's Stupid Rule

The MLG-Inspired Justice Rule:

NO ITEMS!

For teams: Friendly Fire: ON

Advanced Slob Picks

Stages(All on random, and also available for counter picking):
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Temple
Saffron City
Dreamland
Congo Jungle

Organizers:
1. Tonberry (Host)
2. Flikkflakk
3. Kriz
4. Martin
5. Darkfrog

Interest list(bold text means "confirmed"):
1. Navntøsen
2. Essi
3. Hellmaker
4. Thomas
5. Dev (Sweden)
6. Zephy
7. Neasala
8. Armada (Sweden)
9. Smel
10. Hansi
11. VJ (VeJådd)(Sweden)
12. Acherontic
13. Chiko
14. Askelink
15. D1RE
16. Zaty
17. Aniolas (Sweden)
18. Hack (Sweden)
19. Gothmog
20. Bæra
21. Tin (Sweden)
22. Widl
23. globbiumz
24. Martelol
25. Jckf
26. Stormblast (Iceland)
27. Salepate (France)
28. Porc (France)
29. Ironass (Sweden)
30. Hara (Sweden)
31. Ying (Sweden)
32. Nizro (Sweden)
33. Akke (Sweden)
34. Calle W (Sweden)
35. Stelzig (Denmark)
36. Masamune
37. Aeon
38. Imperfect
39. Ogiwara
40. CptClntn
41. DJ Black
42. AJP Anton (Sweden)
43. Rahmia
44. Slhoka (France)
45. ChiboSempai (USA)
46. Thieum McCloud (France)
47. Doraki (France)
48. Djoss (France)
49. Link_enfant (France)
50. Kururu (France)
51. Tank (England)
52. Jet (France)
53. Frag (France)
54. Coen (The Netherlands)
55. Faab (The Netherlands)
56. DarkRenji (The Netherlands)
57. Svampen (Sweden)
58. JAPF
59. C (Sweden)
60. Smash Alex (Sweden)
61. VilNess (Finland)
62. Bergenize
63. Helios (Sweden)
64. ZoDz
65. Efen
66. Smasher89 (Sweden)
67. 4ever (France)
68. Android (Sweden)
69. .NRG (?)
70. IVP (Sweden)
71. Wahman
72. Elg
73. Nedech (Sweden)
74. Totte (Sweden)
75. Onito (Sweden)
76. Senkai (Sweden)
77. ElMicha
78. Asme
79. Udikq (Finland)
80. Peki (Finland)
81. NHJ (Finland)
82. Neutroni (Finland)
83. Pep1to (Sweden)
84. GK_ (Sweden)
85. Captain Jadde (Sweden)

Games and Nintendo stuff.

3 fantastic and wonderful Catch-Gamer T-shirts.

5000 kr (816 $)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
LOL! How come I can't edit the topic title? Is it sooo dangerous to give the users the full power to edit their own topic?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I'll be there if I can, but I can't promise anything. Actually, it depends if I have enough money to go there, but while making sure I'll have enough to go to Boston.

In short : I really wanna attend this tournament, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do so =/

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
I always read "Combo la ville", and that sound like such an awesome place for Smash.:laugh::laugh:

You don't wanna miss this stuff, guys. The Smashers' Reunion series have been the best tournaments I've been to. Tonberry is a really great tournament organiser.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I always read "Combo la ville", and that sound like such an awesome place for Smash.:laugh::laugh:
I never thought of that :laugh:

But actually I'm the only smasher living there. But since it's not far from Paris, that's isn't a problem.

You don't wanna miss this stuff, guys. The Smashers' Reunion series have been the best tournaments I've been to. Tonberry is a really great tournament organiser.
I know, I even made a new passport this winter to make sure I could go to SR4 (I performed an administrative PC trick for SR3 and Gulner, which means the only thing preventing me to go there was the fact I didn't have a passport). Nothing but saving money for a giant tournament in the US could prevent me to go there. The problem is that it's likely to happen =/
But I don't care, I'll try to get more money to come in Norway =D

porc

Smash Journeyman
I know, I even made a new passport this winter to make sure I could go to SR4 (I performed an administrative PC trick for SR3 and Gulner, which means the only thing preventing me to go there was the fact I didn't have a passport).

do you know that you actually don't need a passport to fly from France to Norway ? :)

and Tonberry, everything sound so good in this thread ! christmas break will be awesome

Hellmaker

Smash Rookie
Win! I really, really hope that it turns out i can go there. SR3 was purely epic.

You don't wanna miss this!

porc

Smash Journeyman
a few other frenchies are interrested too, they only wait ryanair to show their prices.

-Thieum McCloud
-Doraki
-Djoss
-Link_enfant
-Kururu

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
$892 USD for the WHOLE weekend. amazing. I have to get confirmation from my mom, and when I have enough money I'll have the ticket bought.

Hopefully this will make up for ESA2 that I was supposed to make, but missed for some reason.

Also, I'll be ariving at the airport at 11:35 AM friday. Can somebody pick me up?

And what language do you guys speak? I'll brush up on w.e it is.

i can't wait.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
$892 USD for the WHOLE weekend. amazing. I have to get confirmation from my mom, and when I have enough money I'll have the ticket bought.

Hopefully this will make up for ESA2 that I was supposed to make, but missed for some reason.

Also, I'll be ariving at the airport at 11:35 AM friday. Can somebody pick me up?

And what language do you guys speak? I'll brush up on w.e it is.

i can't wait.
Cool!

I have to say though that I doubt this will as big as ESA2, but I believe it will be worth attending at, as several of Europes best players already have confirmed that they'll attend.
After all, ESA2 is the largest tournament that has been i Europe...

I expect you are arriving at Oslo Airport(Gardermoen), and that will be like 5 minutes by train, and 30 minutes by car(the road to the airport is ********).
Therefore I'd recommend you to take the Eidsvoll-train from Gardermoen to Eidsvoll Verk, which actually is the first station after Gardermoen. You can call me there (+47) 48134661, and I'll get someone to pick you up! :)

Oh; and it should be easy to communicate in Norway, as most Norwegians in general speaks English very well. Apart from that, we speak Norwegian :p

So, which country are you from? :p

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
I'll be coming from the United states. You probably know me; my smash name is Cash Mooney but I had to make another account. I'll let other americans know about this.

How will I call that number with my phone? >__>

and If so, that should help me get around because I don't speak norwegian lol

edit: wow wtf you have EIGHT digits in your phone numbers, and two in your area code thats new to me lol

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'll be coming from the United states. You probably know me; my smash name is Cash Mooney but I had to make another account. I'll let other americans know about this.

How will I call that number with my phone? >__>

and If so, that should help me get around because I don't speak norwegian lol

edit: wow wtf you have EIGHT digits in your phone numbers, and two in your area code thats new to me lol
Yes, that's my phone number, and yes; it's eight digits ;)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
NEW RULE: The MLG-Inspired Justice Rule: If Player1 wins a set against
Player2 in the Winners Bracket, Player1 will get a minor advantage if they meet again in the
Losers Bracket. If the set in the Losers Bracket is supposed to be best of 5, it will be extended
to best of 7, and Player1 starts with one point more than Player2. Short said: best of 5 will
be extended to best of 7, and Player1 will have the lead with 1-0 at the start of the set.
this is so totally ****ed up dude...
I had a slight interest for the tournament, as I've been to SR2 and it was VERY good, but now, even if I find affordable tickets (which seems doubtful, from Paris), I really don't like this rule. it's not even stupid, it's just totally crazy, irresponsible, and it has no ****ing sense.
good job tonb.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
this is so totally ****ed up dude...
I had a slight interest for the tournament, as I've been to SR2 and it was VERY good, but now, even if I find affordable tickets (which seems doubtful, from Paris), I really don't like this rule. it's not even stupid, it's just totally crazy, irresponsible, and it has no ****ing sense.
good job tonb.
Then I guess you read what I wrote at the top of the topic as well, my friend:
Also I'm trying to implement a new rule, that I only will use if you like it.
The reason why I come with a suggestion for this rule, which it is; only a suggestion, is because the smashers of Scandinavia wanted a rule where the player who first one set against another player should have a little advantage the second time, because he already won against him one time.

People spoke about the rule at the MLG tournaments where the whole sh*t got f*cked up once you met a player the second time; the set continued from the first set and was extended to the double best of 5 to best of 11 for example.
THAT is what I call no sense.

Therefore I came up with a rule that gives a player a minor advantage, as he will at least have one more point than the other player when he wins the first set. The rule is by no means unfair.

But there is a reason why I want the people to decide whether we'll use that rule or not. If too many people don't like it, it won't be used. I want people's opinions on it.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
well you have my opinion now, and I'll make sure the others voice their opinion.

now here's an alternative I discussed with tonberry on msn just now :

I tried it at DST11, the feedback from players was excellent, I think they really enjoyed it, during the whole tournament. but here, it would be used only in the situation described above : player A meeting player B again in loser's bracket.

The match would start as a best of 3, only if player A or B can win 2 matches in a row. If not, if the score comes down to 1-1, the set transforms into a best of 5. This is true only and only if player A or B can win the next 2 matches in a row, therefore winning 3-1. If not, if it comes down to 2-2, the set transforms into a best of 7. This stops here, but you can go on up to whatever you want. Then, Player A or B can win either 4-2 or 4-3.

I call that the JD rule, cuz I made it up :)

IMO, this rule is a good way to do something special when there's a kind of rematch like this. But I'm totally convinced that giving a 1 match advantage to the loser is a very bad choice. It happenned to me to lose against someone, then face him again in losers, and **** him. Would it have been fair that I be given a free match?
I'm quoting Captain Jack, as we were talking about players beating other players in tournament, CJ just made this comment at some point : "In tournament, anything can happen". I thought about this a lot, and after 50 tournaments, I've seen pretty much any situation... I can tell you that this rule is unfair and has totally no sense.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
While I didn't test this rule and like to have feedback from players who actually experienced it, I don't think it is a good idea.
In my opinion, facing a opponent twice in the bracket means two unrelated matches, so I don't see why one should be advantaged. I do not say you shouldn't try this rule to have feedback, but I'm higly doubtful about it's fairness.

JD's rule is better, according to me, but the drawback is, it makes hard to establish a precise planning.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Xmas is about jesus you ***, not about giving away presents... I'm atheist and I know better >_>.

slhoka, if my rule is applied only to this kind of match, it will hardly make any difference in the planning... for the DST11 tournament, I did that cuz I had lots of time and TVs, compared to the number of people ^^.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I don't really support the rule, but to say it's no sense is a bit unfair... You won more match against the other player previously, so you simply keep that lead (assuming you only won by one match that is... :p). Seems pretty logical to me. Or at least not completely illogical.
Not playing this rule the other player could complain the other way around about just being unlucky to lose the second time instead of the first time while they are actually completely tied in won matches, and claim that to not make sense

Edit: I'd be more against this JD rule. Seems not to really have any advantage other than a possible timesaver.

DarkRenji

Smash Journeyman
Xmas is about jesus you ***, not about giving away presents... I'm atheist and I know better >_>.
LOL.
If this comment was against me, WOW. You can get alot from the sentence "but... X-mas.".
Where did I say anything about presents?
X-mas for me is spending time with my family. 26th its still x-mas, so (if I would come), I would have to miss that time with my family, that's why I said it.

No idea how you got that present idea.

Stormblast

Smash Journeyman
GANONDORF IS BANNED!!! O SHIIII...!

lol, I just noticed this xD

However, regarding his suicide thingy, doesn't he also get a win if he does this on his last stock? or is does the game count it as a win anyways? sorry, i haven't been playing much brawl lately...

EDIT: Never mind that... -_-. How could I not see that it says in the line below "ganon is banned" that every suicide shiz that ends in a sudden death .... ah never mind *feels stupid*

stelzig

Smash Lord
Actually for ganon i think it depends on the character. Some characters will die before ganon when suiciding, others will die after, while a third party will die at the same time (resulting in sudden death). IIRC it is like this anyway.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This will be too good, even though Hyrule bridge is banned in brawl for some random reason (Nanalock?) XD. "Only" three months to go^^

Top Bottom