• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Critical Hit 4 Results Thread

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Singles
1: Azen Zagenite (Lucario/MetaKnight)
2: Mew2King (MetaKnight)
3: Seibrik/Snakekiller3000 (King Dedede)
4: G-regulate (Snake)
5: Chillindude829 (Metaknight/Falco)
5: KingAce (MetaKnight)
7: Ninjalink (Diddy Kong)
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers)
9: Forte (MetaKnight)
9: Percon (Snake)
9: Plank (MetaKnight)
9: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus)
13: Korn (King Dedede)
13: Atomsk (King Dedede)
13: Neo (Marth)
13: Chu Dat (Kirby)
17: JL
17: Boss
17: Biglue
17: Slikvik
17: Inui
17: black walts
17: Thumbswayup
17: Chibosempai
25: Kirbstir
25: Crismas
25: Valor
25: Yoster
25: Niko K
25: JCeasar
25: GodismyRock
25: FOB
33. Doom
33. PyronicStar
33. nuts
33. Pav
33. Lobos
33. rhyme
33. Vist
33. toone
33. Heat

Teams
1: Azen + M2K
2: Chu + Forte
3: Chillin + Neo

Full results up tomorrow.

Alright guys, as all you of you probably know, the guaranteed pot wasn't so guaranteed. The hurricane kinda screwed over the number of entrants, but I'll also take some of the blame and say it wasn't hyped well and it was too expensive. That being said, it still was "guaranteed", and for that I am extremely sorry. I feel really bad for people like Seibrik and KingAce who traveled from FL and Canada to barely make any money when they placed well enough to deserve more. Because of this turnout/let down, I will not be running any more tournaments. Sorry to all that made top 8.

btw m2k i hope you try to sue my *** cuz i didnt guarantee **** and i didnt figure this out until the day of *******

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
THEN DON'T POST GUARANTEED IN the THREAD TITLE IF YOU AREN'T SURE, you DID guarantee it by POSTING IT IN THE THREAD TITLE

it was either YOU or HIM that guaranteed it, but one of you did, and that's called LYING or FALSE ADVERTISING

normally I wouldn't care that much but this is the 3rd time in a row that BS happened at tourneys, Xbox 360s stolen at Fast1, my wii and important belongings stolen at Smashtrophy 4, and this; I'm tired of tourney-related BS happening ALL THE TIME. Evo world ruleset screwed me over too.

I've already lost hundreds/thousands for NO GOOD REASON among many tourneys, try putting yourself in my shoes for once.

you know why?

cuz people STEAL, and they don't give a **** about what happens to the other people, just what is in their own best interest

it's nothing against you, it's more the store owner's decision that I'm mad about, and mostly the accumulating bull**** that's been CONSTANTLY happening in the past few weeks/months regarding tourneys. It's ********

Ryan-K

Smash Master
m2k it really sucks you get your **** stolen all the time but like half the time it's your fault like honestly, even when I used to go to dc++ all those years ago i would hear mad **** about how you always lose stuff like how you almost lost your wallet in a bathroom somewhere (maybe fc idk) because you left it on the sink, or how you lost alot of **** at oc or something

i mean idk if anyone is out ot get you i doubt it but really watch your ****. it sucks people can't be 100% trusted but if you can't be halfway responsible then don't bring like wiis and ****. i would never bring my stuff into the city because **** happens there but my friend brings tvs and **** because he's almost always hanging around that area OR a really trusted friend of his is.

you really have to watch your stuff, most of the time you can't trust everyone else to do so. that's just how life is.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i didnt lose anything at oc3, theres a thing called skybus, it was a new airline, but they dont give refunds

me kiwi vidjo cactuar and chu all went, and since we all woke up late somehow, and the driver drove slow, we missed skybus

me, being the nice guy that I am, i gave an EXTRA 1,450 dollars so that all 5 of us could go. I did that PURELY to be nice.

I did not lose anything at oc3

80% of the money that was lost from me was completely out of my control, and practically all of it was unlucky

Niko_K

Smash Master
I have some matches on wii's if there are any matches with green peach in there just PM me your wii FC and brawl Fc so you can send it to me.

I also left my wiimote at the venue Whoever has it might as well keep it. Same with my sensor bar.

I don't know what the heck happened with this tournament but all around it was generally a flop due to the turnout, cash withdrawl, and BRACKET MANIPULATION <----Don't deny it.

Could we get a full explination of exactly what happened by chinnesah? Why there wasn't pools. Why the seeding was very so rigged (I heard chillin discussing moving himself around in the bracket. KingAce had to play like 5 MD guys in a row..NJ was playing themselves, etc.) All in all it was a poorly ran tournament but the players are what made it worthwhile... M2K must be pissed and within good reason. I could've won 50 bucks too xD.

Though I guess it's time for shoutouts. I really enjoyed socializing with everyone and had a great time meeting all the US players as long with playing friendlies with a lot of you (especially my ditto's with Azen)

Shouts:

Canada: We definitely showed them that we aren't suck. Amazing stuff KingAce. That super gimp on Chu was just genius. You had the toughest time in brackets for sure. Forte, Boss, Chu, G-Reg? Who else?!?! Thanks for driving Ambrose, you really are a trooper. Percon is just too good. JL <3 jeje.

ChiboSempai: You were the first person I got to play with. Impressive ROB I must say. Had great matches with you and for some reason I don't think I would've gotten my head in the game without warming up with you. GG.

Plank: Thanks for everything dude, sorry for breaking one of your chairs as well xD. Guess I'm a little bit overweight from all the McDonalds I was eating. Had a great time staying at your place and now I can see why you were in a rush to get with that girl. GG. Thanks for getting me real money too xDD.

Thumbswayup: TEAM P.Diddy!!! We totally crushed. I never expected us to do so well, and I'm sure you didn't either. If you're still into brawl the next time I come around you and I should team again. We almost had plank and g reg. So close! Awesome diddy and great **** man.

Crismas: Hanging out with you was just such a blast. Funny how we managed to place the same in bracket, yet I had some remarkable accomplishments. That dominoes was **** good as well. Can't wait to come to NYC/NJ and play with you guys. Keep reppin peach!

LightXdream: WTF 9 hammer? Don't hax that **** ever again! haha j/k. Had a great time playing with you in the bracket. Marth vs Peach is hard Though I did it . Had an amazingly fun time hanging out with you and crismas and I will definitely attend your NY tourney!!

Dark.Pch!: Thanks for telling me I suck! Then seeing the bracket and telling me I did terrible too! I think everyone here saw that I did great and just got bracket *****. Though I guess no johns. Ill place better at a tournament that is ran properly.

Inui!: You're gay. Don't quit out of matches you disrespectful fool. Now I know why everyone with a brain hates you. Thanks for complimenting me on being the best peach main. Though I don't think its true as of yet. Go play melee and get away from brawl if you don't like it.

Sebreik: You are a beast man. Your DDD is just great. Loved playing friendlies with you at planks, both melee in brawl. Just try not to be so self centered next time, no hate since I understood you were caught up in hype. But think of your surroundings. Good stuff man. You truly ****.

OffTheChain: Had an awesome time playing with you, really enjoyed the nice things you said about me too :p. Thanks for comparing me to Azen btw xD, its really flattering. Hope to come back and play more with you. Wendys was massively funny as well.

Slikvik: Had a great time playing peach dittos! I'm starting to like the matchup more and more, especially after the amount of matches I played that were the ditto. Thanks for recognizing me as a skilled peach user. You're great too! Hope to hear more from you.

Azen: Awesome time in peach dittos for sure. Too bad we couldn't complete our set. I took the first match and you took the second. Almost came back from %169 to your 0% Though you're just too smart for that to happen. Hopefully you weren't sandbagging because I'm pretty proud of that xD. I learned a few things from your peach as well. I'll be back!

M2K: Had a great time playing friendlies with you, though doubles was king of distracting you eh? :p. I totally loved your WTF reaction to my footstool combo's. Was it a first? Your MK is a beast and I doubt Ill be on your level anytime soon. Sorry about what happened with the pot.

Ninjalink: **** you know some weird *** ****. Bowsercide cancel? wtf was that xD. You're rob and diddy are both ****. Though don't even try to say diddy isn't your main. :p Had a great time playing with you. GG.

Doom: I actually am kind of disoriented and forget about that thing we both agree on. Add me on aim at nikosmsh to refresh my memory. I didn't get to play you much sadly due to distractions but I will be back and we can get way more matches in then. Nice meeting ya!

Boss: Great mario man. First time I've ever played against one too! Glad to see other people evolving metagames of more underused characters. Stick to it. GG.

JCaeser: After playing Chibo for about an hour and switching over to playing your rob I noticed a substantial difference in playstyle and skill. You gave me a rough time and handled the matchup amazingly well. Sadly I didn't get to come over because Ambrose wanted to drive home this morning instead. I plan on coming back though.

Heat: Also a good mario. Had a fun time playing you in brackets and hope to see you again soon! Peach is pretty good eh

Chillin Too bad we couldn't do our Wolf vs Peach MM. I think I may have won . Your MK took me in bracket though, so that counts more. GG's man. Had a great time playing you.

There is definitely a bunch of people I'm missing right now and I'm sorry. 13 hours of traveling does that to you.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
With all this said- this kind of gives a sour taste to this area for brawl.

I think we can all learn many things from this. Tournaments with Pot % may be the only way to do things from now on unless somebody is rich off their butt.

I don't want Gaame Playe to go out of business, but M2K/Azen/Chillin/KingAce/Seibrik/NinjaLink/Ambrose/G-reg deserve a prize. It is a catch 22- so somebody needs to give.

The answer is this: If you don't like it, don't play in tournaments. Things happen.

This is life at its finest- things happen and people get screwed over. Just like anywhere else. Somebody had to get the short end of the stick. In this case, it was the 8 people I mentioned above (and the teams who placed 1-8, a lot of the same players).

If Travis isn't going to do any more tourney's, I would be happy to host a tournament at Gaame Playe or somewhere else in this area (I live in the same area as Travis), as long as people wouldn't give up on it. I really think we shouldn't just give up on it because a couple bad things happened. I love playing Smash Bros, and I had a great time on Saturday. I don't want it to end because of one bad tournament.

Travis has had AT LEAST 4 really good tournaments before, and one thing goes wrong and a couple users throw a hissy fit. Grow up, get over it. Your lives WILL continue.

M2K- you deserve a prize. If you don't care about Gaame Playe and the money means that much to you, you would probably have a good case in Small Claims court, and you wouldn't need a lawyer because the amount is under $5,000. If you don't plan to take this action, then please stop whining to everyone about it.

Listen to your heart and do what you feel is the right thing to do.

Everyone- I look forward to playing Smash with you all in the near future.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
apparantly chinesah and pc say i have no chance in court because there's no written document as proof, even if chinesah is a witness, the store owner could just lie in court and nothing can be done

also no, that's not the answer

obviously im going to tournaments

IT IS MY JOB UNTIL I GET A CAREER
(Which is what I'm in college for)

I don't think you understand just how often I get the "short end of the stick" and why I'm so mad about this.

I got 9th at Evo World (bad day + bad rules + bad bracket; BEST OF ONE vs mango on DL64 when I wasn't playing good was the main thing), where top 8 got money and first got 5000 dollars

and I got 4th at MLG Vegas, where top 3 get money, and it was 10,000 for 1st, 5000 2nd and 3000 3rd. I also had a bad controller that day, I think I would have gotten 3rd at it.

all the FCD vids got lost, which is the best I ever played in a finals in my life by far (Same w/ the crew battle vs Taj and vs him in singles)

my stuff stolen on the train w/ my best controller the day after SCC (400-500) my fault but still unlucky

people stole 500+ dollars of my money which was hidden in my room (now I put it all in the bank) just before FCD happened (a lot of people came over, like 10-20 people, and apparantly one of them stole a LOT of money in my room, at least 500 dollars worth. People can't be trusted.

my wii + best memory card + melee game stolen 2 weeks ago (partially my fault, but still really unlucky).
^
All my really good F-Zero GX replays were on that, and I had several extremely good ones ;_;. Like imagine how I am in Melee on a good day, and some of those records/replays were better than even that.

this was the end of 2006 but I think it was Inui's brother, he stole the 180 dollars I won at gauntlet for getting 2nd (Pc got 900 for 1st x_x). I know it was him, especially because his brother went to jail recently (like 2 months ago? I think) for stabbing someone with a knife. He's just generally a bad person.

on the way TO oc3, me chu kiwi cactuar and vidjo all went there together, we took a thing called "skybus" an airline really cheap but no refunds. However triad got us there late and I ended up paying for everyone again. NO ONE (not sure about cactuar) paid me back for it. I lost ~1,450 dollars EXTRA by paying for everyone to go to OC3, just because I was unlucky enough to have my driver get there late. This all took place right after FCD. ANY OF YOU GUYS GONNA PAY ME BACK????

xbox 360s being stolen from FAST1, 626 dollars, a lot of that came out from my money since I won all 4 of the events. It was supposed to be a lot more.

eggm also got a ticket after Georgia for speeding, he went 83 in a 65 zone, and a NC police gave him a 370 dollar ticket I think it was, and I ended up paying for 200 of it "just to be nice" even though that was way too much especially since there was 7 of us in the van.

Velocity always gets in traffic jams when he takes me places, and one time he drove all the way up to a tourney in MD only for it to be CANCELLED at the last second, wasting 5 hours of gas which i paid half of.

many, many, many more things than that.

All in all, after doing all the math, for what I attended, I should have nearly double what I have now, and that's ********. I'm tired of getting the "short end of the stick".

edit - I recorded a few matches on random wiis that that store owner guy has; Tantalus, try to get them for me. there's a MK vs Ike clip, Snake vs MK, MK vs Snake, and some random other things. However, most everything couldn't be recorded sadly.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lmao m2k. well listen chinesah, dont stop hosting tournies jsut because one goes wrong. also m2k dont sue someone because they got screwed a lot already. sueing for a brawl tourny wont make anyone look good xD

they did **** ur pot pretty badly i herd. overall everyone who attended shoulda learned something. was the hurricane raeally bad? it here at the time.

m2k+azen on teams? woaa vids?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
me and azen 3-0d chu forte the 1st set, but won 3-2 the 2nd (it was almost another 3-0 but I ****ed up vs forte the 3rd game and SDed at 0 the 4th), the 2nd match of 1st set I had to fight forte and chu in a 2 on 1, all 3 of us at low %, and somehow I managed to come back and win w/out doing anything gay. I was playing really amazing; if it was recorded I would have lost.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
apparantly chinesah and pc say i have no chance in court because there's no written document as proof, even if chinesah is a witness, the store owner could just lie in court and nothing can be done

also no, that's not the answer

obviously im going to tournaments

IT IS MY JOB UNTIL I GET A CAREER
(Which is what I'm in college for)

I don't think you understand just how often I get the "short end of the stick" and why I'm so mad about this.

I got 9th at Evo World (bad day + bad rules + bad bracket; BEST OF ONE vs mango on DL64 when I wasn't playing good was the main thing), where top 8 got money and first got 5000 dollars

and I got 4th at MLG Vegas, where top 3 get money, and it was 10,000 for 1st, 5000 2nd and 3000 3rd. I also had a bad controller that day, I think I would have gotten 3rd at it.

all the FCD vids got lost, which is the best I ever played in a finals in my life by far (Same w/ the crew battle vs Taj and vs him in singles)

my stuff stolen on the train w/ my best controller the day after SCC (400-500) my fault but still unlucky

people stole 500+ dollars of my money which was hidden in my room (now I put it all in the bank) just before FCD happened (a lot of people came over, like 10-20 people, and apparantly one of them stole a LOT of money in my room, at least 500 dollars worth. People can't be trusted.

my wii + best memory card + melee game stolen 2 weeks ago (partially my fault, but still really unlucky).
^
All my really good F-Zero GX replays were on that, and I had several extremely good ones ;_;. Like imagine how I am in Melee on a good day, and some of those records/replays were better than even that.

this was the end of 2006 but I think it was Inui's brother, he stole the 180 dollars I won at gauntlet for getting 2nd (Pc got 900 for 1st x_x). I know it was him, especially because his brother went to jail recently (like 2 months ago? I think) for stabbing someone with a knife. He's just generally a bad person.

on the way TO oc3, me chu kiwi cactuar and vidjo all went there together, we took a thing called "skybus" an airline really cheap but no refunds. However triad got us there late and I ended up paying for everyone again. NO ONE (not sure about cactuar) paid me back for it. I lost ~1,450 dollars EXTRA by paying for everyone to go to OC3, just because I was unlucky enough to have my driver get there late. This all took place right after FCD. ANY OF YOU GUYS GONNA PAY ME BACK????

xbox 360s being stolen from FAST1, 626 dollars, a lot of that came out from my money since I won all 4 of the events. It was supposed to be a lot more.

eggm also got a ticket after Georgia for speeding, he went 83 in a 65 zone, and a NC police gave him a 370 dollar ticket I think it was, and I ended up paying for 200 of it "just to be nice" even though that was way too much especially since there was 7 of us in the van.

Velocity always gets in traffic jams when he takes me places, and one time he drove all the way up to a tourney in MD only for it to be CANCELLED at the last second, wasting 5 hours of gas which i paid half of.

many, many, many more things than that.

All in all, after doing all the math, for what I attended, I should have nearly double what I have now, and that's ********. I'm tired of getting the "short end of the stick".

edit - I recorded a few matches on random wiis that that store owner guy has; Tantalus, try to get them for me. there's a MK vs Ike clip, Snake vs MK, MK vs Snake, and some random other things. However, most everything couldn't be recorded sadly.
Hey M2K- I feel bad for all these things that happened to you. I've never had my wii stolen, never had a controller stolen, never had money ripped out of my pocket, never had to pay someone elses speeding ticket, and my JOB is not super smash bros.

You have a lot of things that have happened- and this has simply set you over the edge. Instead of just getting mad at one piece of all the chaos (Gaame Playe), just try to move forward. I find when I have bad things happen (you have no job, no car, no money, and you need to eat) that they become the best time for something incredible to happen next. I wish I could empathize with you on this- but I can't in the same way. Bad things happen to everyone- just remember this though- you are one of the best players at Smash in the entire world. People work their butts off to be as good as you and don't even come close. I know I have! And look, you ripped me apart and made me look like I had never played the game before.

I hope things turn out better for you. Travis is probably right though about the court, Gaame Playe could lie about it.

But at the same time I would love to see you and everyone else back at Gaame Playe for another tournament. It is a nice venue and a great area for Smash. I honestly have no clue if i'll go there soon M2K, but if I do I'll try to get those vids for you. I would like to hold tournaments there but I have no clue if anyone would actually go at this point.

Travis, don't give up on tournaments. They are great fun and work great 9/10 times. This was the bad 1 time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres nothing that can be done about it at this point. it sucks, but w/e. i dont think this should let chineasah down enough for never running a tourney ever again. problems happen, but we all learn from our mistakes. for every prob iv had at a tourney iv ran, it just helps me learn from my mistakes to make my next tourney that much better.

as for replying to things from the other ch4 results thread

that was kinda a **** thing to say chozen. ppl just go after m2k cause hes like the best in the world and everyone thinks he has tons and tons of money which he doesnt spend, but your wrong. 1. he earns this money. 2. he likes to spend money on living, games, and traveling to tournies and such. hes not some lifeless nerd who does nothing but play smash. hes more like any of us than most people think. he plays a bunch of games, has friends, goes to college, and does stuff. its more than i can say about most people i know in the smash community. why do people have to be so **** ignorant. also, case in point, he earned the money flat out. why shouldnt he get it? profiting only like $240 over the trip for getting 1st in singles and doubles at CH4 is just bad.

---
as for old postage:

i guess il repost my shoutoutz here.

time for shoutoutz!

this was a really fun tourney! outside of all the probs that happened, i had a great time. it ran smooth, and it was at an awesome venue. i also got to meet and play a lot of new smashers.

lightdream - im really sorry about the teams thing. i had no chance to really practice with you at all before the tourney, and blackwaltz (the one who drove me) had no teammate. i felt bad and we also had time to practice before hand, so i decided to team with him. i had no way to contact you earlier cause i wasnt at a comp where i could use aim, as the last time i was on was pretty much thursday night and i didnt decide on teaming with him till friday. plus it didnt seem like you were really hyped to team or anything so i didnt think it would be that big of a deal. i figured you could team with your gf or something. sorry man, i really didnt mean anything by it. also with arrogance, i really dont try to come off like that. i can understand how i may seem it sometimes online but smashboards is what it is, its all text, and im really bad just talking and thinking without really thinking it through. you know im a nice guy tho lol.

niko - your really cool. you were also the first good set of friendlies i had that day and it really warmed me up great. you really should have place A LOT higher, but you got ultra bracket ****. plank 1st round with neither of u having a bye? woooooowwww lol. your easily the best peach iv ever played, the best iv seen (i havnt seen all the great ones though so idk lol). def keep comin down to the US. cot4 will be awesome lol.

m2k - yet another bracket match lost to you lol. the ultimate practice on friday was awesome. everytime we play a lot like that i feel like i reach the next level of my skill, and you also helped me get my falco good enough to where i almost feel confident with using him in tourney now (though i forgot to in this tourney lol). too bad you didnt win much money, though im sure youll get a bunch more in the near future with tourneys. keep up the great work.

chillin - i wish we could MM lol. il also open it up to a melee money match as well. i love fighting fox in melee. that was one hell of a bull death on the last match of u vs seibrik.

ninjalink - you main diddy. hes your best character by far and seem to rely on him much more than others. you also said you lost every diddy match earlier, but you beat korn with diddy lol

snakeee - man i just cant beat you with rob lol. looking back at it i really should have given my falco a shot. good stuff as always.

boss - close MM, your mario is too nice

inui - i guess you got a lil cooler along this trip (that almost hurt to say that lol) (except the housing shenanigans lol)

atomsk - the only person iv seen go to dennys and get nothing but 2 desserts lol. **** all of md/va in MM's! lol

blackwaltz - your olimar is too nice, and your mad cool. besides some friendlies a couple months ago this was the first time iv gotten to talk and hang out with u a lot. great job in teams, we did awesome with some nice wins and almost beat inui atomsk and got a lil close to greg and plank. thx for the ride

slikvik - nice seein ya again. come back to nj lol. youv gotten like 8000x better since rage studios lolol

jcaesar - thanks for the housing man. sorry we got there so late but we had no choice but to leave the day before cause of the storm. sorry for all the inui shenanigans, i liked rob hq lol.

crismas - thx for the sticker. fun melee friendlies

fob - nice toon link, fun set in bracket

dksmash - your mad cool man. i wish i could have made it to the smashfest thing you had. cool dk, and great matches.

neo - stop letting me ledgehog you lol

lobos - best player iv seen with a classic controller. your toon link is crazy good, its the best iv seen

pyronic star - sorry, but i just dont like money matching olimars haha. i dont like the matchup.

chozen - yoshi is too cool. mad fun non-rob friendlies lol

chineasah - nice set in bracket. diff character in each match... you really dont see that often. it kept me on my feet, and i couldnt get used to any of the matchups.

i think thats everyone... sorry if i missed anyone

tourney stuff - it sucks that it was only one day, but it was still mad fun. there was some extreme pot ****, but stuff happens. i wish crews was done. not sure who made the bracket, but whoever did should do some more research on the players to avoid things like the terrible location/crew/skill seeding that happened.

Percon

Smash Lord
chinesahh, I went kirby for 96% of the bracket... the matches I played as Snake I lost or did poorly. So put me down for all Kirby, if you would (teams is a different stroy)

Old post:

Azen: Ahah... didn't get to friendly you but good stuff in teams. You're a real smart player, and the owner of a very cool shirt ^_^

M2k: I was too shy to ask for a friendly (>_>), but again, good games in teams. You're crazy knowledgeable about the game, it's scary.

Seibrik: Daveeed! Nice meeting you! You're a super smart player too.... I believe the snake killer tag 100%. Crazy good D3. Close games, I'll remember to watch those swallowcides next time haha. I don't feel bad at all losing to you. If we're ever in a similar area we MUST smash again. You still owe me 1$ for that Smash64 MM but you bought me that frutista so I'll let it slide

G-reg: GGs in doubles... and good friendlies too. I wouldn't reccomend G-dorf next time though.

Chillin: Not much to say, we didn't really talk but GGs in doubles. I would have liked to play you in singles.

KingAce : WATCH OUT THERE'S A FLY!!!

seriously though, grats on 5th.

Ninjalink: Nice friendly... lol nuclear explosion when UP-Bs collide...

Forte: OMG I'm SO sorry for tripping over the power

Ambrose: lol you actually did shoutouts. Good games, and I KNEW ICs was your guy.

Plank: Wow... thanks SO MUCH for housing. You're a great host and good player. Nice friendlies, and good games in doubles. Sorry for not drinking the entire glass of water.

Korn: Nice friendlies, sorry for tripping over the power.

Atomsk: GGs... nice DDD. PS1 is MY stage though, CP something else next time. GGs in doubles too.

Neo: Beat me again... daaaamn. Good games though. Sickest marth ever. I saw your friendlies against M2K's snake... yeesh, you're SO good with the tipper dair. 0_0

Chu: I didn't know the drill thing... I feel dumb. Thanks for letting me know my match was underway at wendy's X_X Kirby Represent!

JL: Jar of flies. BRING IT.

Boss: Nice mario... close in doubles. Nice talking to you too.

Biglue: GGs... nice Luigi. First game was too close... I'll stick with Kirby from now on.

17: black walts: Nice Olimar, never played a good one before. You know some interesting tricks and fakeouts with him.

Kirbstir: GGs... good peach, you're also pretty friendly.

Crismas: GGs in melee... stitch plushie = win.

Valor: Nice games... you're pretty good, keep at it!!

Niko K: lol scrub... jk jk. You repped peach and Canada well. Crazy foo'

lobos: GGs to you as well... now I know not to go snake blindly and actually trust my Kirby. Classic controller WTF?

lightxdream: LOL I thought it was "Light Extreme". Nice friendlies, keep working on it.

Chosen0ne: NOW!!

Anyone else I forgot: Sorry

GPS: TURN LEFT

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
shoutouts:

Azen - too smart as always, the match you vs seibrik first match was amazing..... you always could made comeback like that all the time lol

M2k - still **** as always, nice to see you again

KingAce - congratz get 5th! and nice to meet you :)

Ninjalink - ..gr i'll get you next time, we had some extremely close match.. :( and sorry if i act weird to you lol..

Ambrose - really good IC's, nice to played with you

Forte - too good, and lol rydia+rosa lol

Plank - thanks for some MK tips, oh well i'll do better next time :)

Neo - your marth is so fun to watch.. love how you just standing there when you edge guard then tipper lol

JL - your wario is really good..

Boss - shower..

Slikvik - you talked to me like boss does lol but glad we didn't have to fight this tourney!

Thumbswayup - good stuff, nice to hang out with you at Denny's

Kirbstir - mario golf is difficult to play....... lol

LightxDream - nice to meet you lol finally :) i called that hug homo! lol

Crismas - your stickers are amazing, and nice to meet you :)

EE - you're too funny, but sometimes weirddooo lol :p jk!

Yoster - sorry for made you drive too much :(

Niko K - gr... you already forgot about me :( but nice to meet you, your peach is pretty **** good. come to MD/VA tourney again..

JCeasar - Denny's was way too fun, nice to see you again :p

GodismyRock - gayuhz

FOB - nice to see you again, since a year ago ? lol :) your TL is pretty good

P~S - keep it up with your Olimar :)

and Chinesah - ..great tourney as always, and sorry to hear about this problem

Lobos

Smash Master
lol at all the *****ing

I had fun despite the turnout, and thanks Travis and H2YL for running this.

SHOUT OUTS!!!

Percon - GG honestly I don't know how to play kirby yet but yeah I do **** snake ^.^, and yes I use CC and do well with it wut?!??! Dude next year I plan to vacation to Canada again I love it up there.

Snakeee - A very close set and a very good zss. I hope you didn't take me lightly not knowing who I am :p

EE - payback sucka :p I **** your ****

Slikvik - Hey man thanks for entering me and you did good in singles, JLB 4 Life!

Chibo - Wow your rob was so hard to get close to, its like playing nacker and jceazer...I hate the gyro(sp)... Thanks for the friendlies!

Neo - Finally got to play you and we had some pretty good matches

Crismas/lightxdream - saw you guys but we didn't get to play :p maybe at katsucon.

Ninjalink - TL ditto 1 me 0 you, lol ggs tho nice friendlies

Echoes - Your marth is good and you juggled me good ****, wish we played more but we got kicked out

Echoes' Friend(forgot your name:p) - Keep working on that snake, you almost got the nade game down.

Canadians - I only played percon but saw you guys in action and good **** for rep'n Canada

Program - Just keep practicing and I won't be 2/3 stocking you anymore :p

PK? - Not sure if this is you but I did play some friendlies vs a Lucas user GG I fear that upsmash lol

Everyone else I see often so yeah.....GGs
Anyone else that didn't show too bad :p and people *****ing about brawl GTFO! :p

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
TRAVIS, you NEED to hold that no MetaKnight tourney! even if you hold it at a new venue, cause CH4 $ wasn't your fault

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Chinesah: don’t quit running tournaments. This was a fluke. I mean there was a hurricane. wtf

1: Azen Zagenite (Lucario/MetaKnight): I need azen training…no like seriously. Train me
2: Mew2King (MetaKnight): sucks about the pot. It has been happening a lot recently. If I was in NJ I’d teach you to drive. Trust me. Its not that bad. You just gotta watch out for people like velocity…lmao
3: Seibrik/Snakekiller3000 (King Dedede): **** d3. mad respect for not wanting to split. also sucks that you place third with little money. I hope you come down to md/va again for C3, the next big tourney here. There probably wont be as huge a entry fee and hurricane destroying the turnout
4: G-regulate (Snake): good ****. You had a rough bracket
5: Chillindude829 (Metaknight/Falco):
5: KingAce (MetaKnight): lmao, this guy is the comeback king. Upsettin everybody. Good **** showin us Canada *****
7: Ninjalink (Diddy Kong): im begging you to upload the triple 9 video. Ping ping ping lmfao most epic **** I’ve seen in this game. Also if the NY scene doesn’t die, I’ll be heading up there one day. Also people, don’t tell this guy what his main is. He’ll **** you with his bad characters
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers): Ics huh, impressive. Didn’t see you play tho =(.
9: Forte (MetaKnight): what happened? I walked away after the 3 stock…but find out later you lost.
9: Percon (Snake): good stuff. **** kirby. I wanted to play you at planks before you left. O well. Next time
9: Plank (MetaKnight): so gay, but effective. Cant knock it though. Just gotta figure out a way to beat it
9: Snakeee (Zero Suit Samus): good playing you again. ZSS is scary as **** to fight
13: Korn (King Dedede): lol, its cuz you always underestimate yourself
13: Atomsk (King Dedede): ****** people with no sleep. You definitely could have placed much higher
13: Neo (Marth): yo, we need to play. I need neo training too
13: Chu Dat (Kirby):
17: JL: I heard good things about your wario. I wanted to ditto. He would be my main but grab release ****ed everything up. Props to you for sticking with him
17: Boss. Read my shoutout to myself
17: Biglue: Big lube? Iono. That’s how I read it…
17: Slikvik: 17th. Lmao, you suck. everyone who placed the same as me sucks too
17: Inui: The housing situation wasn’t bretts fault. It was chibos for not getting the details.
17: black waltz: good olimar. I see why you place so well in NJ
17: Thumbswayup: lmao, see my shoutout to myself. Jk. Your diddy is getting mad good. you got the vets scared
17: Chibosempai: yea, no NJ for me. O well. Lol at rage studios where I lost to randoms. Never bring that up again
25: Kirbstir: I suck at melee…
25: Crismas: good stuff coming down. Too bad it was only for one day
25: Valor: yo
25: Yoster: yo, please upload the matches of me. I don’t have any vids
25: Niko K: good seeing the Canada peach in action. Mad impressive. I plan on using her more in tournaments soonish
25: Jceasar: thanks for housing me. Good friendlies after tournament. Also…your pets are way too friendly.
25: GodismyRock:
25: FOB: good seeing you again
33. Doom: good friendlies at jcaesers. You are part of the infamous triple 9. you should feel special
33. PyronicStar: lmao, we never do our mms. We need to stop procrastinating
33. nuts:
33. Pav:
33. Lobos: jlb fo life
33. rhyme
33. Vist: sucks that you left early
33. toone
33. Heat

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
It was a fun tournament, with a nice venue and good players. Except for the payouts, that was quite disappointing.

shout outs:

Plank - thanks for the housing. We had a close set. I'm glad I still stuck with ICs on rainbow cruise. And also, I lent niko my controller and he left it at your place. Could you keep it with you...and perhaps one day when we head down to MD, i could pick it up, thanks.

Sebirek - Your DDD is amazing. Good job on placing 3rd. That down-B hammer you pulled off on neo was impressive lol. You repped florida well.

M2k - Only got to face you in a couple half-stopped friendlies, but it was ggs. Great mk.

GodismyRock - That ICs cg you showed me looked sick. Your yoshi is pretty good for just starting to play him a week ago. Not much ppl play yoshi, hes got some pretty neat tricks.

Blackwaltz - Nice olimar. That purple pikmin to f-air combo was pretty sick.

JCaezar - GGs, I really thought I could make that 3 stock come back on jungle japes lol. But imo, you should ban castle seige if you are facing a DDD player.

Biglue - hahah WiiTroopers! I've only met 2 other people from your clan. Bug, Jigglethepuff and Meehow. You have a good luigi, but you always got that DDD to worry about...

G-reg - Nice n-airs and grenade usage. I found it quite hard to approach you.

Chillindude - You should of stuck with falco, not resort to mk! jk. Good matches. I guess you haven't faced an ICs who cgs like that.

FOB - That combo with wario I did against your TL...wow. I try to do it every now and then but can't believe I pulled it off. With more practice you could do much better. Your b-air combos were nice.

Canada -

KingAce - I'll never get over your side-B suicide vs azen...sigh. You had that match, but **** happens o well. That gimp vs chu dat was so random... lol. Good job on 5th.

Percon - Your kirby is getting really good. RoyalCrush did well. You do so well carrying phil in doubles haha. jks. Congrats on 4th in teams.

JL - MK is the answer. Also, next time you face phil you to need bring a jar full of flies and put it beside him. It will seriously mind game the hell out of him. haha.

NikoK - Noo...My new controller......Niko.... Anyways, You were so unlucky with the seeding. Don't stress out about it, your peach is really good. I really wanted to see that MM with you and Dark Peach...o well, I guess next time.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
7: Ninjalink (Diddy Kong): im begging you to upload the triple 9 video. Ping ping ping lmfao most epic **** I’ve seen in this game. Also if the NY scene doesn’t die, I’ll be heading up there one day. Also people, don’t tell this guy what his main is. He’ll **** you with his bad characters
Thanks for the respect. I already put the vid on dvd. Imma put it up real soon. I'll try to post it in this thread if its still up.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
THEN DON'T POST GUARANTEED IN the THREAD TITLE IF YOU AREN'T SURE, you DID guarantee it by POSTING IT IN THE THREAD TITLE

it was either YOU or HIM that guaranteed it, but one of you did, and that's called LYING or FALSE ADVERTISING

normally I wouldn't care that much but this is the 3rd time in a row that BS happened at tourneys, Xbox 360s stolen at Fast1, my wii and important belongings stolen at Smashtrophy 4, and this; I'm tired of tourney-related BS happening ALL THE TIME. Evo world ruleset screwed me over too.

I've already lost hundreds/thousands for NO GOOD REASON among many tourneys, try putting yourself in my shoes for once.

you know why?

cuz people STEAL, and they don't give a **** about what happens to the other people, just what is in their own best interest

it's nothing against you, it's more the store owner's decision that I'm mad about, and mostly the accumulating bull**** that's been CONSTANTLY happening in the past few weeks/months regarding tourneys. It's ********
Also posting what I said in the topic you made here because that might be closed soon.

Man, m2k, stop talking about this already.
**** happens, get over it. Please stop making such a big deal out of it.
*****ing over this isn't getting you anywhere and I doubt you'd ever want to take another smasher (or place that let you play smash) to court over not getting paid $5000 at a tournament. Man, I haven't even made $300 at tournaments. You should be happy with what you got.
I'm not even sure I've made more than $100 and that would be from money matches and random 3rd and 2nd placings at small tournaments.

Smash is all about having fun. Did you have fun at the tournament? If so, then be happy with what you got. You were paid $300 to play a game. Congrats on your winnings m2k.
If you did not have fun at the tournament then you should probably stop playing smash since you have lost the core component of it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also posting what I said in the topic you made here because that might be closed soon.

*****ing over this isn't getting you anywhere and I doubt you'd ever want to take another smasher (or place that let you play smash) to court over not getting paid $5000 at a tournament. Man, I haven't even made $300 at tournaments. You should be happy with what you got.
I'm not even sure I've made more than $100 and that would be from money matches and random 3rd and 2nd placings at small tournaments.

Smash is all about having fun. Did you have fun at the tournament? If so, then be happy with what you got. You were paid $300 to play a game. Congrats on your winnings m2k.
If you did not have fun at the tournament then you should probably stop playing smash since you have lost the core component of it.
Dude, it's M2K's job to play smash. He lives off of it. How would you feel if you worked 40 hours in a week and got payed for 8 or 10. It's the same thing, except you didn't pay for a plane ticket to go to work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

yea sure, **** does happen, but when its about money, especially at this amount (not just ch4, but everything), somethings gotta be done. if you havnt even made $100 and are *****ing about it, then step it up! haha jk, im in the same boat as ya, my tourney winnings are like... $45? and thats from splitting 1st at a singles tourney where only top 2 were paid out ($35) (over 40 ppl so i obviously deserved much more, lol pot ****), and getting 2nd in doubles but only got $15 for that (30 for the team), cause of so few entrants.

do i complain about it? sure i was annoyed at what happened, but bottom line is m2k deserves a lot more money than hes received, as he won it fair and square. and hes too nice of a guy so for a good amount of it, it was ppl taking advantage of him. its just come to such an extreme level so far.

although sadly, theres nothing that can be done at this point. it all comes down to their word vs yours. however, why was there so much money taken out of the pot? that doesnt make sense even for the amount of ppl that were there.

dont worry m2k, youl **** more tourneys in the future and youl get what you deserve

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
x.x I thought when I made edits the page would be refreshed. Didn't see those posts.
Oh well I'll just cut out what I edited in.

I can understand that you lost things, and a lot of people would be upset by that. But it's all material goods that can be replaced. It might be a hassle but people only get back up after they've been knocked down. At least it wasn't something you lost that you can never replace. Think about the bright side. I've been through some harsh times in my life, and I can promise you that what I've been through is far worse than what you have experienced. However, I don't let it keep me down or anything. There are plenty of people who have it worse off than I do and did. I'm just grateful how things are right now. Grateful for a house that I am lucky enough to still be in, my mother, my grandfather, my grandmother, my sister, all my friends, and the smash community.

So, mew2king, what are you grateful for? Is it your controller and Wii? Or is it something more?
You don't seem like the type of person who would be grateful for only material goods. So please stop taking your plight out on us and especially not the hosts of CH4.

As Chibo stated, you will make all that money back in the future mew2king. I'm sure you've made over $5000 in your tournament winnings, right? Things will be the way they used to be before you know it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
you completely miss the point

it's about FAIRNESS

which this is NOT

nearly 5 times less is BULL**** (esp when the level of competition was basically the exact same either way)

it's easy for an outsider to say, but you're not me, you haven't lost countless thousands of dollars to bad luck incidents like these, they all add up, I've lost about 13k to bad luck, while I've made about 16k (FROM OVER 3 YEARS COMBINED). This means I should have 29 k by now, but I have half that. There's a difference with one instance, but this keeps happening repeatedly, and almost every time there's nothing I can do about it, and I deserve better.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I'm a waiter and in college, so I should ***** and complain when the ravens are home and I don't make as much money as I should?

That's my job, I show up and do what I can. You can't tell 60 players you know you can crush to show up to take their money.

Yes, i'm one of the "scrubs" who didn't show up, but not because of the storm... just because I didn't feel like giving you my money. I know i'm not a good player yet, so i'm not going to go somewhere for a tournament if the entry fee is expensive and I am positive others felt the same way. Small tournaments for not as much money i'm not against, but that entry fee should only be attracting the best of the best.

Going to tournaments for money purposes alone is a terrible idea, you aren't guarenteed a job any given month especially with as many people there are that keep saying "I'm not holding any more tournaments"

I've been on a tourney scene for 6 years until this one since it died, and I can tell ya that money was the last thing on anyone's mind 99% of the time. (Hint: It involves arrows)

Hope you reconsider travis, I only got to go to one bi-weekly but I had a great time.

(Believing you were going to get 5000$ was your first mistake)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no, smash would make fine money if there wasn't so much luck and BS involved. If all the prices people said were ACTUALLY guaranteed, I'd have much more by now. It's not fair to get robbed out of what you earned. If they didn't say that was the guaranteed price then I wouldn't have cared, but apparently you can't understand the way I see it, and this has happened many, many times to me, all due to bad luck.

I was supposed to get 1500 for splitting top 2 w/ azen and winning teams, and after working hard I managed to do that, and I get barely over 300. There's no excuse for that

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
16k a year comes out to about 5.33k a year...
even 29k over 3 years comes out to be about 9.75 a year, that's tough to do anything with

honestly, minimum wage is higher than that. I'm not saying things were fair, but all in all you might want to consider getting a more consistent job. I don't know what your situation is, so sorry if I press buttons on that.

And we've sympathized M2K, with your pain. But repeating yourself over and over. It wasn't fair. No one is disagreeing with that.

Life isn't fair. It goes in ups and downs. And honestly, I don't see Azen or Chillin on here complaining about the prize- they deserve fair treatment but didn't get it. I'm sure its not the first time either.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
if you think someone is targeting you why would you bring valuable **** to tournaments? if you know you have a history of expensive **** getting stolen why are you still bringing it? you know that there is pretty much nothing you can do when you get your **** stolen, but you seem to keep laying it around it random places (when theres easy **** you can do ie look after your stuff or when setups are brought down personally get yours and keep it by you). to have your **** stolen once with no return sucks for you. to have it happen more than one time means it's your fault. honestly to keep bringing it is straight stupid at this point, and while you have every right to complain about it, the best solution will always be being smart about the situation in the first place instead of *****ing after

Mew2King

King of the Mews
this isn't my job this is more like a part time job

chillin won like 1,100 dollars off the first week or two of brawl, because the C3s had like 80 people and the competition was easy for him (as it would have been for me). He made less than 20% of what I made off this, that's not valid. The same thing happened at fast1 where I won all 4 events but got much less than promised (14,000+ dollar pot they said, turned out being many, many times less than that after venue fee and stolen xbox's). Azen it applies to the same as me, cept gay things happened to me many many times this past year and it's extremely frustrating.

Saying "life isn't fair" isn't really a good response but more like the obvious thing that everyone's told me. Chillin's made a few thousand more off smash than I have despite me working harder at it (prolly cuz I came late, but I did work harder at it) and Azen won like 5000 just from MLG NY. Right when I got good enough to be able to win MLGs, they dropped MLG throughout all of 07 and 08.

edit - I only brought my wii and things to a tourney ONCE, and it was stolen that time. Never again obviously.

Top Bottom