• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Movelist Discussion. New*

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, I decided to create this since many people had different things to say about the Nair's sexyness so now lets spread our knowledge about Falco's other moves and when people use them shall we? I will be updating this periodically.

You can post about the previous moves if you have something that isn't already mentioned.

Nair (12% When Fresh and all hits connect.)
-Good Damage and a Multiple Hitting attack with some knockback at the end of the last hit.
-Can be used as a different follow-up for the Dthrow.
-Auto cancels into Uptilts,Usmashes, Jabs, Shines, Grabs.
-Good for attacking opponents on platforms overhead.
-Can follow up with more Nairs.
-Said to be able to screw Ike.
-Should be used at times where th move has a chance of doing some damage.
-Nair can beat out MK's Glide Attack.
-

Uair (11% When Fresh. Either hit gives 14%.)
-Good Aerial killing move though occurence may not be very constant.
-Can be used to bait out airdodges which allow for follow-ups (Dair,Bair,Nair,Uair).
-SHUAir can be used to send opponents airborne at early percents.
-Follow-ups from the SHUA can be effective.
-Upthrow to Uair (After the opponent airdodges) can be a nice display.
-

Bair (13% At First Hit, 9% if Left leg hits(Beginning of Move does not hit. 7% During SexKick effect.)
-Good EdgeGuarder.
-Can be used as a follow-up nicely in different situations.
-Great Stage-Spiker.
-Strongbox can kill at higher percents while Weakbox can allow for quick strings.
-Minimal ending lag, Qucik Start-Up, very good move.
-Good priority.
-Ideal choice for Aerial Recovery.
-Has 3 Hitboxes.

Fair (16% With all hits connected + Fresh.)
-Situational Move[/I][/COLOR]
-Full Hopped Fair buffers into a Silent Laser.
-Ok edge-gaurder, but there are better choices.
-Really bad after-lag.
-Decent damage.
-Last hit has knockback.
-Good for Edge-Chasing. Leaves (most) opponent at a bad position to recover if last hit connects.
-

Dair (13% Freshly.)
-Meteor.
-Capable of Light Pillaring most of the cast.
-Can Pop-Up characters which can lead to quick follow-ups like UpSmash or another Dair.
-Slightly good approach.
-Deadly out of Chaingrab unless opponent can hit off the stage well.
-

D-Tilt (12% Freshly.)
-Underated
-Good stringing abilty/Good Set-up move.
-Quick.
-Can pop opponents into the air at different percents.
-Deceptive range. More range on the forward hitbox than the Dsmash.
-

F-Tilt
-Quick Move
-Spaces Well
Adjustable Angle
-

OverLade

Smash Hero
it IS his best aerial approach....
Spike is better since it has enough knockback to avoid being shieldgrabbed. I find nair to be good at attacking opponents on platforms above you and when predicting airdodges (since it has the longest duration of any of his aerials).

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Spike is better since it has enough knockback to avoid being shieldgrabbed. I find nair to be good at attacking opponents on platforms above you and when predicting airdodges (since it has the longest duration of any of his aerials).
True, but the NAIR has lots of usefulness too. Following a dthrow when the percentages are too high for a chain grab. It links amazingly well into his tilts, and makes for a great short-hopped entry approach.

So yes, quite sexy.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Nair is NOT a good approach against somebody on the ground. You're just asking to get shield grabbed because it has no knock back at all. Best used against somebody who is already in the air/platform.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Its a multi-hit so its good for covering dodge options against dodgy mofos, and shield pokes and shield damages better than d-air.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I have a problem with the title. Nair is NOT sexy, OK. Jumping in the air and spinning with your arms swinging out is homosexual/feminine.

Even one of the most borderline feminine/non-masculine male characters in the game, Kirby, doesn't pull stunts like this. There's no excuse for Falco.

J4pu

Smash Champion
This move ***** the whorenado, thus leading to the possibility of babies.

but seriously it outprioritizes the tornado from the side EVERY TIME, awesomeness

M@v

Subarashii!
You dont need to approach though. Falco can just hold his bread out. The opponent will be so entranced as to come after it. Thats when falco stuffs it in his jacket tell him "hands off my bread!" and proceeds to chaingrab him(or her)

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
You dont need to approach though. Falco can just hold his bread out. The opponent will be so entranced as to come after it. Thats when falco stuffs it in his jacket tell him "hands off my bread!" and proceeds to chaingrab him(or her)
:laugh:

I thought we were done with bread jokes? I don't mind them but I can sense some people moving around in their seats, agitated when they read them. LOL

OverLade

Smash Hero
I use this move along with Falco's jab to have a fast, high priority, low lag, interruption move for air and ground. It's incredibly good.
Yeah, when there IS an opening to use Nair on a grounded opponent, it's great because it cancels straight into a grab (I use it to set up chaingrabs at low percents), or straight into an A combo or Dtilt.
A good strategy to use on an aerial opponent, is SHnair, and then fastfall, so the nair brings them down to the ground and cancels so you can grab them.

I didn't know that Nair went through nado though. Gotta test that out.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
You can actually chain nairs together at low percentage, as the last hit always sends them forward.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Ahh Nair is truly sexy. :)

Oh and has anyone ever put a short hop Uair to good use?

You know, short hop -> Up on C-Stick.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I rarely use Uair unless it's meant to kill, so not really, no
on yoshi's island, BF, and smashville i suppose i use it after a short hop (and yes I always Cstick my Uairs)

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
I think it's important to note that nair can completely destroy Ike. It puts him in just the right position where it's too late to use QD and if he waits to use aether, he'd be too low. So he dies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think it's important to note that nair can completely destroy Ike. It puts him in just the right position where it's too late to use QD and if he waits to use aether, he'd be too low. So he dies.
I actually noticed this yesterday. The knockback is just right to where Ike has more trouble getting back to the stage, since there isn't much vertical knockback at all. Of course, Dsmash is Ikes worst nightmare at higher percents.

Hell, Falco plus chaingrab is probably ike's worst matchup period. Too many laggy moves makes for an easy grab.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I use Falco's uair to bait airdodges. The second uair hits more often then not. At low-mid percents I do up-throw to shffl Uair. From there it's try and punish whatever option they decided to go with.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Uair is mostly used when baiting out air dodges and needing the upwards kill.
Other than that usually other moves are allways better options.

Also, as I posted in the matchup thread nair beats out Meta's glide attack.

Best use of nair is to scoop your opponent from underwards while they are on a platform I'd say, it works wonders for that.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
I got the Shine covered :D

Anyway for Uair, I'd say dropping through platforms to get them from underneath is useful.
It is a good vertical killing move provided you are quite high in the air due to it's reduced knockback compared to melee.

As the opponent comes down, if they air dodge the Uair, you can fastfall to continue with a dair/nair/bair.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Is the Up-Air a 2 hit move like in melee, because I'm only getting one hit
Its only one hit, but the hit differs.
Strongbox and Weakbox are both present in this move.

Edit:
Fluke, when the Shine comes I'll just give a link staright to your thread. Also in your previous post i think you mean it hits them from overhead.

Runawayfire, are you absolutely positive that it beats out MK's GA? I put it under Nair, but i just want to make sure.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm sure, it doesn't directly beat out the glide attack, but it will clash with it and then hit metaknight right afterwards with its multiple hits.

Try it out yourself, the only time it wouldn't work would be if you just screwed up the timing.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know how come sometimes my u-airs sometimes have no knockback, and sometimes have strong knockback. I'm always right below someone when I do it, could someone tell me how I could tell when my u-air will sweetspot, and when it will sourspot?

On topic: I barely ever use u-air, as I believe it's a very situational move, and I only use it when I'm below the opponent, but sometimes I'll fastfall, and before I land, I throw out a surprise u-air, so the hitbox comes out, but I immediately transfer to Falco's tech-like animation without invincibility frames (when he lands while doing a u-air).

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I don't really know how come sometimes my u-airs sometimes have no knockback, and sometimes have strong knockback. I'm always right below someone when I do it, could someone tell me how I could tell when my u-air will sweetspot, and when it will sourspot?

On topic: I barely ever use u-air, as I believe it's a very situational move, and I only use it when I'm below the opponent, but sometimes I'll fastfall, and before I land, I throw out a surprise u-air, so the hitbox comes out, but I immediately transfer to Falco's tech-like animation without invincibility frames (when he lands while doing a u-air).
Same. I`ve randomly gotten no knock back at times.

Agreed. I hardly use it, But when i do i kill with it.
At high %, D-AIR your opponent on Stage so they will fly upwards & UP-AIR them.

Same as.
D-tilt into an UP-AIR.

I do'nt always get a kill but i think its worth trying.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Its only one hit, but the hit differs.
Strongbox and Weakbox are both present in this move.

Edit:
Fluke, when the Shine comes I'll just give a link staright to your thread. Also in your previous post i think you mean it hits them from overhead.

Runawayfire, are you absolutely positive that it beats out MK's GA? I put it under Nair, but i just want to make sure.

Hmm. I meant that if both you and the opponent are on the same "fall-throughable" plaform, instead of come directly forward at the opponent, you can: Drop Down (Tap down)->Jump->Uair them from underneath.

Of course you could use any other aerial, but since you are underneath already, upair gives most range to give the least about of time for the opponent to reach.

I love falco's platform game. That's why I like battlefield as much as FD.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I meant that if both you and the opponent are on the same "fall-throughable" plaform, instead of come directly forward at the opponent, you can: Drop Down (Tap down)->Jump->Uair them from underneath.

Of course you could use any other aerial, but since you are underneath already, upair gives most range to give the least about of time for the opponent to reach.

I love falco's platform game. That's why I like battlefield as much as FD.
Oh ok, I see what you mean. Come on guys more comments on Uair.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
*Bump

A couple of noob threads have made this one lower down on the thread list.

Come on guys, this can be useful.

BAIR NEXT.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
How I use the bair

BAIR NEXT.
Ahh... The bair, I abuse this move all the time, because of its amazing speed, priority, and duration. I also use this move to edgeguard when dair isn't appropriate. Another useful use of the bair is the u-tilt> jump> bair/nair/dair.
Another application of the bair is as an approach with the reverse aerial rush, because the bair has virtually no landing lag, just like all of Falco's aerials (except fair).
And, I also kill with this move, if I notice I haven't used this move too much and the opponent is near the edge, this move can kill at about 100%, depending on weight of the opponent's character and their DI. Overall, I think this move would have been broken had it had anymore range.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Bair is great for edguarding, follows nicely after a Chaingrab to DAC for a good 72%. It's also good Short hopped out of a shield. But best of all, STAGE SPIKING. :D

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Shorthopped Illusion to Fullhop Bair connects surprisingly often, and is fast enough to hit someone out of an early airdodge. It makes for a decently successful kill string if the Bair is fresh. Also, a Fullhop Bair ends at the perfect time to be followed with two Lasers before landing. The first Laser is in a good spot to hit opponents who didn't DI, and the second is in a good spot to hit opponents who DI'd down.

So a nice little string ends up being:
Silent Laser -> SH Illusion -> FullHop Bair -> Reverse Laser -> Edgeguard

Top Bottom