• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB North Jersey TerraBite tournament 2 8/23/08

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I figure since I'm the only guy with the results I should post them. Munk, wherever you are, did you give me your e-mail? I have to send the TIO file to you so you can upload them to all is brawl. ANYWAY...

Brawl Singles:
1: Mew2King
2: Kaiba (Atomsk)
3: BlackWaltz
4: Yugi (Inui)
5: Snakeee
5: Shadow
7: Rookie
7: Velocity
9: Dapuffster
9: Monk
9: Orion
9: Blue
13: Ksizzle
13: Eazy
13: Bajisci
13: PRiDE
17: Doom
17: Keitaro
17: Forfeit
17: Daniel ZB
17: Jaymes
17: RJ
17: Chris G
17: Umbra
25: Alex
25: ROT8
25: Life in the Fridge
25: Ryko
25: Wilson
25: J Vajaj
25: Chen
25: Benjamin
33: Leo
33: Tipo
33: Dave
33: GunBlade
33: Nightmare
33: Rhyme
33: Wind
33: HTS
33: Spade
33: Kevin
33: Sam
33: Cyanide
33: Fate
33: Brian

Brawl Doubles:
1: Mew2King & Velocity
2: Snakeee and Shadow
3: Believe in the Heart of the Cards
4: Baji & Orion
5: iCarly
5: Team Name
7: New Team 3
7: Eazy & Keitaro
9: We Suck
9: ZB
9: Spade & Blue
9: Team Nightmare
13: 7
13: IDK
13: Jaymes & Brian
13: Lucky Star Brigade
17: Malcom & HBK
17: Crash

I hope everyone had fun. Well no. I know of at least ONE person who didn't have fun (poor Inui...). But any other comments I'll leave for later.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
1: Mew2King - Too good. I can't even bring myself to try against you. D:
2: Kaiba (Atomsk) - Ah man, 2-1 now. My record.. ugh.
4: Yugi (Inui) - Good fight, bad luck for you though. I also heard some things but I won't bring it up. :S
5: Snakeee - Man, you got a bit excited in the heat of the match. That's how I won I think.
5: Shadow - Didn't get to play you!
7: Rookie - ?
7: Velocity - I wanted to play you ugh.
9: Dapuffster - PUFF
9: Monk - I will not get out shield grabbed by a D3. >:( you gave me bad habits to work with on atomsk you.
9: Orion - I missed your keitaro time.
9: Blue - Sonic!
13: Ksizzle - Did I play you? Ah well. Maybe you have a better opinion of me being a 'spammer one move guy' now? I mean.. all that mean talk you did about me ):
13: Eazy - ?
13: Bajisci - Fun friendly!
13: PRiDE - 3-0 yoshi my sir. What happened? Did I play extra good against you? Or you did poorly this time against me?
17: Doom - Good fight
17: Keitaro - I missed your Orion time.
17: Forfeit - ?
17: Daniel ZB - ?
17: Jaymes - Good going for your first tourney JPGJM.
17: RJ - ?
17: Chris G - ?
17: Umbra - ?
25: Alex - ???
25: ROT8 - Rotate is a rob name.
25: Life in the Fridge - ?
25: Ryko - ?
25: Wilson - ?
25: J Vajaj - ?
25: Chen - ?
25: Benjamin - ?
33: Leo - ?
33: Tipo - ?
33: Dave - ?
33: GunBlade - Never got to play you.
33: Nightmare - ?
33: Rhyme - Funnnn olimar.
33: Wind - ?
33: HTS - Friendlies were friendly.
33: Spade - ?
33: Kevin - ?
33: Sam - ?
33: Cyanide - ?
33: Fate - You deserved better than this. I know you don't go on smash boards, but you should have gotten like.. in the 8th rankings.
33: Brian - ?

EDIT)) I'd enjoy seeing the brackets.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
And people say fox is horrible. My matches and ranking speaks for itself. This tourny was mad fun and Shoutout to
Snakeee, Shadow, Bajisci (Fkn Fox UpSmash.lolz.), Eazy, Tipo, Munk, Velocity, Orion, rIKEo, Naks, 7D, RJ, Umbra (I placed better than you.lmfao.) I Think That's Most of My Shoutouts.
Next! CH4!

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Hey, is there any chance you can send the TIO file directly to Neal?
Totally sent to his gmail.

TIME FOR SHOUTOUTS!!

Atomsk: I want to play you so badly but I can't really complain about it when I never go to tournaments and I don't even enter the ones I go to =-).
Inui: Next time you counter-pick, try not to pick a stage you'll die at 0% on. That totally sucked and you should've placed 2nd but oh well. Johns happen.
Velocity: Melee is awesome, I just wish I didn't suck. I can't even john about "oh I haven't played in months" because I do play almost as much as brawl. More people should play melee!!
Munk: I didn't play you. I should've played you. I will never forget that first terrabite tournament. One of these days you're going down.
Orion: I got keitaro timed =-/
Bajisci: Give me a little more practice against your ROB and sooner or later I'll be too good with Metaknight. And sorry, but I'm pretty set on not going back to marth =-).
Tipo: Get back into melee! Not brawl though. Not worth the time =-).
GunBlade: I wish I played you more in Brawl. I'll definitely see you around at tournaments though.
Cyanide: You john too much. If you don't like ZSS, nothing's stopping you from playing another character! =-). Sooo turns out that meeting up next week will be rough for me, which sucks because after that I'll be in the middle of nowhere but I'll see what I can do. Until then I'll just to enjoy Higurashi even though I saw the 2nd season first (i teh nub).
HBK: Holy crap amazing. It's insane how you just are constantly getting better at melee. I wish I never played brawl =-(.
Fate: Awesome game and watch. I wish I had more practice against you just cause I know I'll need it. You have such a great doubles game going!
BlackWaltz: And just think two days ago you said "I don't really have trouble with metaknights". BAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA =-). You did a great job on corneria versus M2K and are definitely one of the best olimars around. It's great watching you pluck only ONE pikmin for the win. It just sucks cause then you have... you know... only one pikmin =-). If it weren't for cheap gimps, I would never be able to stand a chance against you.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
1: Mew2King: good **** as always
2: Kaiba (Atomsk): same lol
3: BlackWaltz: good **** against inui
4: Yugi (Inui): cheer up =P
7: Rookie: Awesome matches, your fox is awesome! =)
7: Velocity: LOL at your reaction to the brackets
9: Dapuffster: thanks for watching my matches. =)
13: Eazy: Good **** in melee+brawl. ^^
17: Doom: Nice tourney matches, sorry for gaying you to death =[
33: Tipo: you suck at smash.

uh apparently malcom wasnt in the results...but awesome tourney matches! learn some more characters =P

HBK: thanks for putting up with my relentless fail at melee, i learned a lot and had so much fun! =)

suicide fox: never thought i'd see you again. guess i was wrong. =)

emukiller: awesome melee matches! glad i saw you again.

i think that's it. AWESOME tourney guys, i had a whole lot of fun. ^^

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1: Mew2King - You're not allowed to lose ever again from now on :laugh:
2: Kaiba (Atomsk) - You are an ******* but a fun *******
3: BlackWaltz - Good **** on 3rd dude. Plus good **** to your gf coming to every tourney. Wish I could bring my own, lol!
4: Yugi (Inui) - Good **** beating..........yeah, good ****. I'm taking over singles next time.
5: Snakeee - ZSS vs Olimar sounds impossible to do. Otherwise I'm happy you still main her
5: Shadow - 3rd match, last stock, over 100% each. I did get lucky with that 60% kill though :D
7: Rookie - I kept telling people this Fox was awesome but they wouldn't believe. Good stuff
7: Velocity - You are ****ing crazy!! ****ing crazy!! Wow @ Dominoes, lol!!
9: Dapuffster - You're Diddy was pretty awesome. I wanna see that Brawl Jiggs though
9: Orion - Oh wow, nice placing dude. Falcos represent!!!!!!!
9: Blue - That sonic bs you were teaching us was ********, lol!! I'll see ya @ WSS.
13: Ksizzle - Close matches, really thought I had you. DDD to the resque!! Good games
13: Eazy - Oh wow, you got 13th!! Pretty good, stop being black and yelling all the time ;)
13: Bajisci - You're pretty good @ Melee. And sharing your pizza with others = failure, ya gotta eat it all yourself :)
13: PRiDE - Yoshi!! I'm sorry I didn't beat DDD, I know it upset you. I'll do it next time though.
17: Keitaro - Wtf happened man?! You'll make up for it next time. KEITARO TIME!!!!! :)
25: ROT8 - Yay!!! You're at another tournament!!!!!!!
25: Life in the Fridge - Your name is freaking awesome!!!!!
25: Chen - More Keitaro Time please!!!!!
33: Dave - Man, cp to Pirate Ship!! Or is that banned here?
33: Spade - Cp to pirate ship too. Your matches were close, you'll get um next time.
33: Sam - Nice IC's, was hoping you'd infinite me but I wouldn't get grabbed
33: Cyanide - OMG, lmao!!! I felt bad for you when you had to face that Sonic :ohwell:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1: Mew2King - Metaknight
2: Atomsk - Dedede
3: BlackWaltz - Olimar
4: Inui - Marth
5: Snakeee - Zero Suit Samus
5: Shadow - Metaknight
7: Rookie - Fox
7: Velocity - Game & Watch

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Brawl Singles:
1: Mew2King
2: Kaiba (Atomsk)
3: BlackWaltz
4: Yugi (Inui)
7: Rookie
7: Velocity
9: Dapuffster
13: Eazy
17: Daniel ZB <------- Me
Seriously, why am I listed as Daniel ZB, someone edit that to read Pierce or Dan, or something.

Then I'll come back for shoutouts.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Cyanide: You john too much. If you don't like ZSS, nothing's stopping you from playing another character! =-). Sooo turns out that meeting up next week will be rough for me, which sucks because after that I'll be in the middle of nowhere but I'll see what I can do. Until then I'll just to enjoy Higurashi even though I saw the 2nd season first (i teh nub).
I play enough MK in tourney, dude, course I'm gonna john when people play him in ****in friendlies xD and I love playing zss, get off mah nutz.

dapuffster - good **** with sonic's dair, I did not see that coming at all, lol
dan - I will never go between marth and a wall, ever again.
Ky - 24 minute sets ftw, that was close. good stuff
Ksizzle - You beat Keitaro?! good ****, you got a lot better. wtf is up with the icarly though? xD
PRiDE - Your character is weird 0_o;; I really wanna play you in tourney again

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
New York players, step up the placings!
:(.. well.. doubles? lol. plus we won the first set vs m2k and velocity in grand finals ... we went through the losers bracket though so they beat us the next set and it didn't matter =/ lol.
and cmonnn 5th is ALRIGHT, lol. yea, i wanted to place higher too though.
lol i made a weirded out face at comp when i just saw him walking towards me.. didn'ty expect to see him there O_o

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wait, so Inui was the one who made the bracket right?
I don't know if I ever want to attend another tourney partially ran by Inui. That is one of the most unfair brackets you could possibly make Inui. You seriously tried to give yourself the easiest ride to winners finals you could. You're an idiot. Hopefully people will eventually realize what you try to do to brackets and will stop attending your events. This is a disgrace.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Best people on not Inui's side of the bracket
Mew2King
Atomsk
Velocity
Shadow
Keitaro
Jigglymaster

Best people on Inui's side of the bracket
Inui
Bajisci
Blue
Pride
BlackWaltz
Snakeee

Blue had to fight Snakeee, the winner of that had to fight the winner of Blackwaltz vs Pride. The winner of that outcome(Black waltz) would have to fight Inui if Inui beat the winner of Bajisci and Rookie.

Inui had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Rhyme
R3 - Orion
R4 - Rookie
R5 - Blackwaltz(lost, worst possible position he could get at this point was 5th)
Losers
Shadow
Atomsk

Mew2King had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Jaymes
R3 - DanielZB
R4 - VELOCITY his doubles partner since the beginning of Brawl
R5 - Atomsk
Winner's Finals - Black waltz
Grand Finals - Atomsk

Atomsk had
R1 - Bye
R2 - Fate
R3 - Jigglymaster
R4 - Shadow
R5 - Mew2King
Losers
Snakeee
Inui
Black Waltz
Mew2King

Yes....Inui should have an EASIER bracket than Mew2King and Atomsk, this makes sense. Why should #1 in the world, Mew2King, get seeded better than Inui the Great?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Oh, and spammer, I hear so many good things about you, that I can't help but have respect. However, I do ask that consider your words when you say "the best on one side of the bracket" since you weren't actually there, and don't know how many of the players perform. I'm sorry for your illness, and I do wish you were there. I was hoping to actually get a chance to see what you're about.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I told you that you weren't sorry r00kie.

Protip: If the brackets were rigged, never let him go near them again.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
IF ANYONE wants to come play me I live in southwest NJ near philly PA, in Cinnaminson. If you want more details and want to play me, IM me at ooVideoGameGodoo. I have nobody to play, ever. I'm always on invisible

edit - please NJ people, DO attend these tourneys, not only will you get to play me in as many friendlies as you want, but you will help me make money if I win (usually I do thankfully) and that goes toward a noble cause. Thank you.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Oh, and spammer, I hear so many good things about you, that I can't help but have respect. However, I do ask that consider your words when you say "the best on one side of the bracket" since you weren't actually there, and don't know how many of the players perform. I'm sorry for your illness, and I do wish you were there. I was hoping to actually get a chance to see what you're about.
Yes my apologies, I can't gauge skill 100% accurately especially since I haven't been to a tournament in awhile. However, the reason I did not mention other ppl like Rookie who I heard good things about and placed high, as well as a few other people, was because PRIOR to the tournament actually happening Inui made the bracket. As far as I know, Inui was not aware of the skill level of him or some of the other good ppl that showed up BEFORE the event actually happened.

The main point of my post was also not to categorize everyone's skill level 100% perfectly since to do that takes a LOT of time, but rather to portray with high accuracy how Inui had a rather easy bracket for the most part. He CERTAINLY had an easier bracket than Mew2King, which just doesn't make any sense at all.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I was just talking to Teh_Spamerer on AIM a few minutes ago. He's lying. He's not sorry, and he thinks everyone from your region is bad.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
LOL! too good M2k. I hope that noble cause is college.

And, seriously, next time we run this, ZB will deal with the brackets exclusively. I seriously apologize to all that were affected by this.

Yes my apologies, I can't gauge skill 100% accurately especially since I haven't been to a tournament in awhile. However, the reason I did not mention other ppl like Rookie who I heard good things about and placed high, as well as a few other people, was because PRIOR to the tournament actually happening Inui made the bracket. As far as I know, Inui was not aware of the skill level of him or some of the other good ppl that showed up BEFORE the event actually happened.

The main point of my post was also not to categorize everyone's skill level 100% perfectly since to do that takes a LOT of time, but rather to portray with high accuracy how Inui had a rather easy bracket for the most part. He CERTAINLY had an easier bracket than Mew2King, which just doesn't make any sense at all.
I would definitely say that by the looks of the evidence . . .
I'm tired of being politically correct
I completely agree that it's pretty obvious that Inui was trying to give himself an easy path. I really wish I was in his bracket.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Because it's supposed to be random seeding

JUST SAYIN'

(also, R00kie won, but then lost to Inui)
tourneys shoudl practically never be random seeding

btw, tio is supposed to set byes at the bottom so it's pretty much a given the bracket was hand crafted
no, tio gives byes to the highest seeded players on opposite ends of the bracket

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Teh_Spamerer good looking out for that lil' shoutout before. My match with INUI could have gone either way:

Final Score 2-1 INUI
Last Match Last Stock Each
Fox vs. Snake
Lost by UPTILT on BF platform.

If I ever play'em again Im more than confident I'll win.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
I regret to report that the information on my matches is horribly incorrect. by the way this is "Brian"

What's listed is
- Winners' bracket Lost to Kevin
- Losers' bracket Bye
- Losers' bracket Lost to Benjamin
- Overall placing: 33/46.

What occurred was
- Winners' bracket Defeated Kevin (watch out for using ike's side-b, into ddd's open mouth at the edge, i get hit by it but it kills ike. GG)
- Winners' bracket Defeated Forfeit (dddcide for the win! nice wolf)
- Winners' bracket Lost to Velocity (ouch. i couldnt touch your G+W, and your trash talk is very excellent)
- Losers' bracket Defeated Eazy (that was CLOSE! nice toon link. i was sweatin' it till my u-smash just barely caught you at the very end, crazy high percents on both sides...)
- Losers' bracket Lost to Munk (you complimented my mindgames in the first match, but you really figured out all my tricks Mad quick. you commented that my DDD's a little too inhale-happy... and you're completely right.)
- Overall Placing 13/46.

Otherwise great tourney and great games everyone!

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I regret to report that the information on my matches is horribly incorrect.

How would one calculate a more accurate placing for those results instead? Does that throw some other results off?

Otherwise great tourney and great games everyone!

:/ You got fourth. So close to winning!
Hmm.. who did I play...?

Snakeee, Inui, M2k, Atomsk, Pride... |D

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
no, tio gives byes to the highest seeded players on opposite ends of the bracket
That's not what he meant, methinks. Byes that are placed by tio are always the bottom player in a bracket match; they are never on top unless dragged there manually.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
:/ You got fourth. So close to winning!
Hmm.. who did I play...?

Snakeee, Inui, M2k, Atomsk, Pride... |D

Ah, sarcasm, thanks... Very True, my stuff is trivial to you top-placers and what happened to your bracket, or really just to everyone probably, but, cmon, what's listed is just totally wrong. Can't blame me for bringing it up

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ah, sarcasm, thanks... Very True, my stuff is trivial to you top-placers and what happened to your bracket, or really just to everyone probably, but, cmon, what's listed is just totally wrong. Can't blame me for bringing it up
Woah, we are not some kind of elitists...except for a few (Inui -_-). That sucks if your placing is off like that, and it should be fixed.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Which kind of didn't happen anyway so while I will be ready to admit that I stand corrected the point kind of still stands.]

nealdt said:
That's not what he meant, methinks. Byes that are placed by tio are always the bottom player in a bracket match; they are never on top unless dragged there manually.
Thank you for clarifying neal.

Top Bottom