• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Devin: Thanks for putting up the vids
Kack: School IS rough. I was up to 2 in the morning doing my homework even on the first day. We still never has a match :(
Peter: I won't see you in gamer's edge so hopefully I will see you in the CPCC tournament on Sat.
Director: You got one hell of a good dk. Hopefully we can fight each other again.
Crio: Your ness is insane. Hopefully we will have a rematch.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
how many people were at the last one? I'm trying to motivate some clemson people to go but its a maybe atm.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Last tourney there was like... 23 people? Keep in mind Ryan that this week's tourney is a $10 entry fee. Higher reward must help.

Ninja edit: Sushi, there's a tourney at CP?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Although I cannot make this one due to lack of money I'll make sure to check this out sometime in the future. Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Last tourney there was like... 23 people? Keep in mind Ryan that this week's tourney is a $10 entry fee. Higher reward must help.
the 10 dollar fee motivated me to make the trip. A couple people should make it from clemson. Although we may miss doubles. How long does doubles normally last? How many people normally enter?

Lareit

Smash Ace
the 10 dollar fee motivated me to make the trip. A couple people should make it from clemson. Although we may miss doubles. How long does doubles normally last? How many people normally enter?
Double's is pretty small fare.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
how many people were at the last one? I'm trying to motivate some clemson people to go but its a maybe atm.
I think we had about 12 people at the tournament on the 21st. Only four teams chose to compete in the doubles event.

The payout for singles was:

1. $42.00
2. $12.00
3. $6.00

Since we're doing $10 for singles this week, the pot should double, but keep in mind, a lot of people have started school again, so that means less attendees.

However, we usually have between 15-20 people, school is just causing a bad turn out.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
As far as i've seen: not a one
Dubz may continue, but in general; if only for the sake of competition/larger pot; we delay with the knowledge that smashers are en route.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@TheDirector Your the good DK that played a few friendlies b4 ARS ZSS right? Hopefully we can play tomorrow, they were ggs

Dagani

Smash Cadet
I will be there, though I'm not sure if I'll be getting out of my web design studio early or not. It is scheduled from 3:30-6:20, hopefully given that it is the second class I'll be out early and get there in plenty of time.

In the event that I'm in for the whole time, it'll be 6:35-6:45ish before I make it there from Winthrop.

Start without me and I'll be very very sad. Well, feel free to start the doubles, I'm not cut out for that madness.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
*sigh*, I thnk i'm out this tourney. I HAVE to babysit (not that it's bad or w/e) but she's coming at 6.

EDIT: Nvm it's a definate no. Unless the baby like dissapears or sumthin :/

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
yo guys its Ali , I dont think Peter and I are coming up to this one today due to **** homework thats due tomorrow :(

Good Luck to everyone today! by the way Keep the Fees this much in all your tournys like 10$ singles and 10$ (each) for doubles because it will definitely attract more people.

we are 90% that we are gunna come to the next one for sure ! thanks for hosting these dude

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I may not be making it as well, my fiancee has her undies in a tightwad bout money, and i guess if i can't convince her in the next half hr, i can't... we shall see thoughe

Edit: Nope, and im so annoyed that i can't even begin to vent it. Basically "Your wasting money" although i could WIN back what i've put in by placing 2nd or 3rd even maybe today... so its a "you can't go anymore" type thing... >_>

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Results? Prize Money?
Singles:

1. Ryan! (Pit/Snake) - $56.00
2. Devin (Marth) - $16.00
3. Joe (DK) - $8.00

Doubles:

1. Devin (Marth) & Joe (DK) - $26.00
2. Ryan! (Snake) & Kemper (Falco) - $14.00

-----

We had a bad turnout this week, what's up with ALL of you guys canceling?

-----

@Ryan & Kemper: Hope you guys found your way home alright, thanks for coming.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Joe wtfpwned me again. I swear he shows up to these things to beat me then immediately lose.

and the lot of you suck for disappearing on me. You made me look bad in front of the clemson crew.

Just kidding
Butnotreally

Devin and Kemp made me bring the GaW out. But Ness still owned in style.

Lareit

Smash Ace
I may not be making it as well, my fiancee has her undies in a tightwad bout money, and i guess if i can't convince her in the next half hr, i can't... we shall see thoughe

Edit: Nope, and im so annoyed that i can't even begin to vent it. Basically "Your wasting money" although i could WIN back what i've put in by placing 2nd or 3rd even maybe today... so its a "you can't go anymore" type thing... >_>
Eh, wasting money? It's not like you don't have FUN too.

The Director

Smash Lord
Joe wtfpwned me again. I swear he shows up to these things to beat me then immediately lose.
Its just a meticulously well thought out plan to eat away at you.

But seriously, me and Devin were neck and neck in three games and I commit suicide on my last life in all three. LOL maybe next week! :laugh:

It was still a lot of fun even without a good turnout.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I know, its incredibly fun to boot, witht the potential to win money... sighz. lol.

Hopefully, if not next week, the following Thursday i'll be back, if not, i'll sneak there as im off that thursday (and its payday, so yea, :) lmao)

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed the tournament. Turnout wasn't great but I think that was just an unfortunate fluke. Its the best gaming set up of any brawl tournament I've been to. We'll definitely make it to another one of these my guess would be we'll come about once a month, hopefully more of the clemson crew will be able to make it next time.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the tournament. Turnout wasn't great but I think that was just an unfortunate fluke. Its the best gaming set up of any brawl tournament I've been to. We'll definitely make it to another one of these my guess would be we'll come about once a month, hopefully more of the clemson crew will be able to make it next time.

Appreciate the compliment Ryan, Sorry you had to go all the way out here for a subpar turnout. At least we kept you clemson folk entertained.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Everything happens when I'm not here :( Clemson peeps, come next week too cause I need to play some of you

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Those who dare to show up next week, heed this warning:

I have found a new character, and I feel that by Thursday he will become an unstoppable engine of destruction.

Where Pikachu, Kirby, and Lucas have failed, he shall overcome.

You have been warned.

But seriously, Crio turned my attention towards a character I had always ignored and I freaking love him. His identity shall remain a secret unless Crio decides to spoil my fun, which he probably will.

@ Kemper and Ryan: Thanks for showing up and having some fun with us. I apologize for possibly being an annoyance, I had like 4 cups of coffee to keep myself awake through my class and was still feeling the caffiene. And Ryan thanks for showing us some sweet arrow looping madness.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Hint: It's not his icon, whoaaaaa'z.

I am tempted more each day to play Random. it's 1 part mindgames, and 1 part lulzy.

Lareit

Smash Ace
You won't have the same luck come tourney time that you did during our games.

Atleast, I hope not. You ratio was sickening.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Indeed it was.

The power was weakened in some matches I had with Crio, but I could feel it coming back near the end.

The best thing is that 90% of the time, it's the first thing that happens in the match, and that much % up front is HOT.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
a lot of people have started school again, so that means less attendees.

However, we usually have between 15-20 people, school is just causing a bad turn out.
Well duh....lolz you guys hold tourneys on thursdays - kids and college kids don't have the time, I understand GE does stuff on the weekends - but if you actually planned a tournament on weekends like [today] then you would get tons of people because they now have the time....!! I'm just saying on weekends school's a non-issue it's just common sense.

The Director

Smash Lord
I have found a new character, and I feel that by Thursday he will become an unstoppable engine of destruction.
**in Shooter McGavin voice** Good luck!

Sounds like this week we'll have a better turn out...I'll def. be there, and I may bring a friend. (although every week he says he wants to go and hasn't shown yet...)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Heh. I still cannot believe that PKT2 got frigging cancelled by a donkey punch. DK is too good.

Top Bottom