• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The H2YL Tier List - The Real Sh*t

chillindude829

Smash Master
Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

God Tier
Metaknight

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link

Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic

Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so similar to mine id consider it copyright infringement, but its alright, who doesnt wanna be like g-regulate?

exidid

Smash Journeyman
This one is cute. It places Peach in the same place it was in Melee (worst of High Tier).

But Snake is too hot to not be God Tier.

Silliness aside, I fully agree.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Move yoshi up exactly one spot (optional, it's the fanboy talking =P)

and snake not in god tier? what's up with that?

chillindude829

Smash Master
and snake not in god tier? what's up with that?
Snake gets ***** by Falco and DDD and Metaknight and has a few other bad matchups as well (DK, Wario...). Meanwhile, Metaknight gets ***** by... no one, and has... no bad matchups. So yeah, he's God Tier, Snake isn't.

Falco higher then G&W and Marth?

Madness.
Son have you seen my Falco? Obviously not cuz if you had you'd be saying, "Falco lower than DDD and Snake? Madness!"

D

Deleted member

win tier:

MK

smash bros brawl tier:

rest of the cast

**** MK.

edit: confirmed by tournament results. No subjective content included.

Lobos

Smash Master
Ladies and gentlemen, and M2K, Travis and I have compiled the most accurate tier list in the history of man. There are 7 tiers, and characters are ordered within tiers. (Note that when it gets down to like low tier and sh*t, that sh*t's like a tossup. is lucas sh*ttier than ganon? who the **** knows)

The H2YL Tier List
July 2008

Gay Tier
Metaknight
Fix'd

10chars

chillindude829

Smash Master
Can anyone explain why people think toon link is good? It's like people see the character and just figure he should be good or something. He's really not that great. He's not terrible but there are plenty of characters better than him.

Lobos

Smash Master
Not many people use him so its harder for the character to grow, in md/va besides me almost no one else uses him as a main or in tourney. IMO he should be placed higher than most if not all than mid and them some on higher but I like I said no one really plays him. Chillin I don't think I've played you yet, lets get some friendlies in at chu's.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
TL is in the same boat as the rest of the middle tier and some of high tier, yea he has skills but little to no tourney representation. in other words, no one is winning with them so why should they be higher?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Snake seems to **** MK. Has a hard time vs dedede and falco but doesn't get utterly ***** by them. He has very hard time vs olimar and ness. and while it's not easy like other characters, snake still beats wario and dk. but metaknight is definitely higher than snake *waits for the "who are you?" response lol*

chillindude829

Smash Master
Snake doesn't **** MK at all, at least not MKs that know what they're doing. Snake actually does get utterly ***** by Falco, lol. His matchup vs DDD isn't the worst, but DDD definitely still counters him. So yeah he's way more beatable than MK.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i love how these threads always get filled with people that just shoot out random claims like "MK has a tough matchup vs Fox", or "Snake gets ***** by Pika". the best has to be the Snake having a hard time vs Ness claim. who has a hard time vs ness?!?!

chillindude829

Smash Master
Yeah I don't know why I waste my time responding to people. Attention everyone, the list is flawless, so if you disagree, then either you or the list is wrong. So once again... the list is flawless.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
you "waste your time responding" because in order for your list to have respect, it must be valid. Answering people's questions increases the validity of your list and, isn't that the point? To get your list generally accepted?

If the list is purely off of tournament representation and performance then I guess there is really no debate. But if character skill and potential are taken into consideration, you have some major boo boos present.

Here are a few...
Ike is above pikachu for what reason?

Peach is in high tier, when almost every char in mid tier is better than she is....makes tons of sense.

Fox is above toonlink.....Even though fox loses matches COMPLETELY to characters above and below him on the tierlist, characters that toonlink beats????(sheik, pika)Toon link is placed abnormally low, what is the justification?
Ike over toonlink? what matchups does Ike win that toonlink doesn't? Oh lets just ignore the fact that toonlink vs ike is **** in toonlinks favor.

Yes this list is omg flawless

chillindude829

Smash Master
Wow man who gets that angry over a tier list? It's just the order we think the characters should be in, calm down, jesus. But yeah Toon Link sucks btw, and Ike is pretty good. Also you've clearly never played a good Peach, cuz you have no clue what you're talking about with her.

hova

Smash Champion
what's up with the Peach hate? i beat *****es down with Peach

people need to step up and rep their characters instead of complain about a list. everyone is free to make their own list if they want

i'm fine having people think that my character sucks. if no one else plays her, no one with have practice against her

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Nah its all good, sorry if I frightened u...
I was just surprised at some parts of the list.
How does toonlink suck? Have u actually played a good one?
, fox DOES suck and he gets ***** by so many chars. Im simply in pure disagreement.
Ike is decent in some situations yes, but he gets camped to hell, and seeing as tho this is brawl...thats most likely what would happen.
I've played hova, he is a good peach in your area right? She doesn't suck, I simply don't think she is a high tier character...

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace

God Tier
Metaknight
Completely accurate. Hands down. The only reason Snake is ever considered with MK is because people are too afraid to conflict with a [wrong] majority which says he is. I don't know how someone basing ranking off decent experience can honestly tell themselves Snake is very close to MK. He's too quick in every way to have that much power and range, though not eye-popping comparitively. Ironically, I placed MK alone a top my tier list a couple days ago and was trashed for the same reasons everyone is with this here.

Top Tier
Snake
King Dedede
Falco
I could totally work with this. Everyone knows about Snake and DDD, and Falco's basic defensive, camping play is almost unbeatable. He even gives MK strong issues with it.

Upper Tier
Mr. Game&Watch
Marth
R.O.B.
I'm not sure Marth should be here, or that he and G&W are overall better than ROB, but I find it within reason. I simply think more highly of Kirby, Pit, Lucario, and maybe Wolf, also.

High Tier
Kirby
Pit
Wario
Donkey Kong
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Peach
Finally! Someone giving Kirby the respect he deserves. ( I've taken heat for placing him in the same general area as here.) I'm a Peach and DK fan, personally, but I think player skill alone is what makes these characters look so good. Peach, though quick, has mostly weak moves. DK takes a lot of damage easily, though heavy. But, within reason, I believe.
Everything else looks fine to me.

Mid Tier
Olimar
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Ike
Pikachu
Fox
Toon Link
I honestly think Olimar, Diddy, and Pikachu are better than Peach and probably DK, but the tier in which they are is fine with me.
Low Tier
Samus
Ness
Bowser
Sheik
Lucas
Mario
Ganondorf
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
I would assert Ganondorf is the worst character in the game, so he's a little too high for my liking. I think Lucas and Mario should be at least 6-8 spots higher. Everything else is pretty much without any error, to me.
Bottom Tier
Link
Yoshi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
I'm another one of those people who are trying to cause Yoshi to be ranked higher, so I would tell you, too, that Yoshi, as expected, should be higher. I think yoshi has great hitbox variety, has great power on easy moves, and can work excellent combos with his eggs. I think he should be mid-low tier.
Everything else sits fine with me.

Despite what couple disagreements I have, I think this is the most honest tier list I've seen someone else post. Awesome work, guys.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Can someone explain Kirby's placement to me, if you don't mind? He seems to be one of the hardest characters to approach with.

o i c wat u did thar.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Thank you so much for making a tier list that is perfect.

And thank you very much for finally giving Kirby the respect he deserves.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
LOL@Sudsy and his Marth hate.

He is there because he is good.

Duh.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Snake doesn't **** MK at all, at least not MKs that know what they're doing. Snake actually does get utterly ***** by Falco, lol. His matchup vs DDD isn't the worst, but DDD definitely still counters him. So yeah he's way more beatable than MK.
i dont agree with the snake vs MK part...snake defenetly has the advantage over MK...yes i know theres ppl like m2k forte and omni that can beat snakes with ther MK, but thats b/c there just better players, not b/c there MK

Top Bottom