• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T9: Canada's Fighting Game Championships - SSBM+SSBB - Vote for event preference

What events would you guys like for Brawl?

• Singles Brackets, Doubles Brackets, and Crews

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Singles Pools, Singles Brackets, and Doubles Brackets

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
T9 is around the corner, and I'd like to know what you guys want. The options are real simple.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176845

Do you want:

Singles Brackets
Doubles Brackets
15 stock crews (or 20 depending on TVs+setups) (single elim, obviously)

or

Singles Pools
Singles Brackets
Doubles Brackets

Obviously the order will vary. But, it's all on you guys. This is really for Brawl since Brawl has a huge demand/interest in crews. What better way to do a crews tournament here.

As for Melee, we won't really have something like that due to numbers lol. But if you guys like, we can do something like that too.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
The voting is really mainly for the Brawl event. Melee won't be free, it's just we don't have the numbers to do crews. Unless it's Scarbrough vs Sauga lol.

Melee is still for money though.

MDK00

Smash Ace
do it SRK style. especially since there is actually a PR system. use PR rankings, if ur new you get seeded last plain and simple and very effective

KingAce

Smash Ace
Singles Brackets
Doubles Brackets
15 stock crews (or 20 depending on TVs+setups) (single elim, obviously)

Niko_K

Smash Master
We need to have crews, so I voted for the first option. I'll probably be there and I'm hoping to be able to bring Niagara along.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
12 stock crews. That way crews of 4 and 3 can both sign up. Thus we could actually have a crew tournament. Just make every crew pay the same price to enter.

For singles bracket just use PR seeding or let me help, cause I probably know everyone's related skill level better than anyone else.

MDK00

Smash Ace
cause I probably know everyone's related skill level better than anyone else.
Bolded for emphasis.
This is comin from the scrub who thinks hes better then me and is afraid to money match me. respect rating -10

fail.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Rae man, relax. When exactly did I talk **** saying I was better then you?
Once again, just let it go.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Bolded for emphasis.
This is comin from the scrub who thinks hes better then me and is afraid to money match me. respect rating -10

fail.
^This coming from scrubtastic over here who was afraid to take my challenge of "You will not be able to take a single stock from me"

Yeah, Rae declined that challenge pretty quick...

^That challenge is still up to anyone since MDK is a pansy/

MDK00

Smash Ace
Rae man, relax. When exactly did I talk **** saying I was better then you?
Once again, just let it go.
sleep scum, sleep...

^This coming from scrubtastic over here who was afraid to take my challenge of "You will not be able to take a single stock from me"

Yeah, Rae declined that challenge pretty quick...

^That challenge is still up to anyone since MDK is a pansy/
lol i payed my 115$ fine, now i actually have money to MM u with lol, lets go 10$ 3/5. make sure to have a healthy dose of scrubby-Os. i heard it increases tripping and scrub play by 50%!

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
lol i payed my 115$ fine, now i actually have money to MM u with lol, lets go 10$ 3/5. make sure to have a healthy dose of scrubby-Os. i heard it increases tripping and scrub play by 50%!
"What's that... ... ... Johns?" (Chaotic Ken)

I'll do a $10 MM with you Rae. After combo breaker I haven't been getting a lot of MM challenges.

Is this a second $10 MM challenge? Because I thought we already agreed to have one. 2 MMs in a row... Unheard-of sh*t!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh **** i forgot to vote.
*votes*

edit: mindgames son, its only for brawl D;

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
your cos sigs suck and you never say that rob

edit: oh yeah im coming to this probably

probably only on sunday though im pretty bad at melee

MDK00

Smash Ace
jus a blurb i posted in the GTAN PR thread and thot it shud be heard here too...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4862966&postcount=74
lol maybe u guys arent familiar with T9 but it is canadas largest gaming tournament next. but i can see why u guys wouldnt care much for it since its really orientated around 2D fighters.

i think smash bros in general needs to really step up and rep its self at T9. im sure if i can find the goodness in smash bros im sure u can enlighten others as well.

i think the real issue is that attends T-tournaments are ignorant and because smash bros is not your "traditional fighter" they dont recognize it as a "skill worthy" or "competitive" game. *cough*me1yrago*cough*

ignorant ppl are really just "misinformed" ppl. so we need to inform these foos jus how great the game is.

last year at T8 i saw the melee crowd all huddled up to themselves keeping their excite among themselves and whatnot. they jus seem so separated compared to games like ST or 3S where even if u werent playin the game u felt like u were apart of the hype. these barriers need to come down, in my opinion (this was bolded for emphasis). lol even on the 1st sunday casual at my place where i had brawlers and other gamerz together in 1 room i really felt the gap between the two groups. ppl from 3rd strike community are well tied up w/ the guilty gear scene and even the mvs2 scene. it shud be no different for brawl and melee scenes alike.

im not tryin to say "hey man dont only play brawl, learn a new game" (although its good to be open minded, there are so many benefits to this its remarkable)

T9 is gunna be huge, dont miss out. i'll will be there reppin every game i play, includin brawl, with a god d@mn smile on my face and pure hype. (lol u wudnt believe the amount of ppl who were shocked when i picked up brawl as one of my games lawlz, the maddness)

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
They're too different to form a single community, its like comparing CS players to Halo players. I dunno if there is any disrespect between the two groups, I would suggest there isnt, but most of them simply dont care about the other. Also I dont think anyone is going to be particularly impressed by Brawl, because even though I love the game its not nearly as amazing to watch as Melee, thats your best bet to impress the Street Fighter/Guilty Gear crew

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
dont worrrry
i know a loooot of guys going to T9 that will make Melee scene pure ****.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
jus a blurb i posted in the GTAN PR thread and thot it shud be heard here too...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4862966&postcount=74
lol maybe u guys arent familiar with T9 but it is canadas largest gaming tournament next. but i can see why u guys wouldnt care much for it since its really orientated around 2D fighters.

i think smash bros in general needs to really step up and rep its self at T9. im sure if i can find the goodness in smash bros im sure u can enlighten others as well.

i think the real issue is that attends T-tournaments are ignorant and because smash bros is not your "traditional fighter" they dont recognize it as a "skill worthy" or "competitive" game. *cough*me1yrago*cough*

ignorant ppl are really just "misinformed" ppl. so we need to inform these foos jus how great the game is.

last year at T8 i saw the melee crowd all huddled up to themselves keeping their excite among themselves and whatnot. they jus seem so separated compared to games like ST or 3S where even if u werent playin the game u felt like u were apart of the hype. these barriers need to come down, in my opinion (this was bolded for emphasis). lol even on the 1st sunday casual at my place where i had brawlers and other gamerz together in 1 room i really felt the gap between the two groups. ppl from 3rd strike community are well tied up w/ the guilty gear scene and even the mvs2 scene. it shud be no different for brawl and melee scenes alike.

im not tryin to say "hey man dont only play brawl, learn a new game" (although its good to be open minded, there are so many benefits to this its remarkable)

T9 is gunna be huge, dont miss out. i'll will be there reppin every game i play, includin brawl, with a god d@mn smile on my face and pure hype. (lol u wudnt believe the amount of ppl who were shocked when i picked up brawl as one of my games lawlz, the maddness)
QFMFT

It's really a shame that the majority of the 2d fighting game community don't consider Smash a real fighting game, but more of a party game. They're just ignorant as hell.

When someone pulls off a sick combo in smash, we gotta act like Daigo just parried chun li's special :laugh:

Well, maybe not that crazy, but we gotta hype!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^You talking about us?
YES RYAN FORD.
live in my basement fpr the summer again man.

But yeah a looot of funny guys with hype are coming to T9, one guy even falls asleep of

laughter like thats too epic.

we gotta make a huge scene. so epople can realize that SSBM *****.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
QFMFT

It's really a shame that the majority of the 2d fighting game community don't consider Smash a real fighting game, but more of a party game.
Brawl is DEFINITELY going to help 2D fighter players take this game seriously. *Sarcasm meter explodes*

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
If people were still skeptical after M2k vs Pc Chris at evo, the truth is its too late for smash.
Melee or Brawl.

Doesn't mean we still can't try though, but lets be realistic.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Brawl is DEFINITELY going to help 2D fighter players take this game seriously. *Sarcasm meter explodes*
i wont lie... i lawl'd

lol but srsly tho, ever watch a street fighter 2 super turbo match. dudes can spend more then half a round clashin fireballs like nobody's business. and nobody likes watch m.bison do stupid custom combos on dudes all the time =S

all in all wut im really tryin to say is at T9 i dont wanna see dudes huddlin up in a lil corner, let yo selves be hurd. and if some1 hates on ur game be like "yo wat u say scrub?" and let em kno that it takes skillz to play what ur playin. have that ignorant mofo watch a match and explain wtf is goin on.

where is ***nan when i need him :ohwell:

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^You have anything new to post?
I know I've seen that video from you at least twice.
Either way, you get my point about melee not working either. Unless you have plans to wow them with your super exciting Marth playstyle. *If I was you I'd make a comment about a sarcasm detector here*

I also think you need a new bad joke detector, your old one must have exploded.

Top Bottom