• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apples Or Oranges?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
First off, how is this any different from Wobbling? And that was rarely banned in tournaments too.

Secondly this is a LOT harder to do then Wobbling.

Third, we haven't seen people abuse this kind of CG. Have you heard of an IC winning a tournament? Because I haven't. So theres no reason to ban something, thats not being used at tournaments. Thats like banning Pichu in Melee because no one use Pichu.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
i think the difference between allowing it in melee and brawl is that you can't really gimp in brawl... so when they can get a low % CG -> death on you, you can't really kill them low %... iono that's what i think. =D

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Fly Amanita sure got close by abusing the **** out of that chaingrab. I'm pretty sure if he didn't have the chaingrab and still use Ice Climbers, he'd get his *** *****!

Danny is too good for posting this thread. I agree with you all the way Danny!

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
First off, how is this any different from Wobbling? And that was rarely banned in tournaments too.

Secondly this is a LOT harder to do then Wobbling.

Third, we haven't seen people abuse this kind of CG. Have you heard of an IC winning a tournament? Because I haven't. So theres no reason to ban something, thats not being used at tournaments. Thats like banning Pichu in Melee because no one use Pichu.
first of all

do you live in socal
cause people use this ****
and wobbling is harder to do are you stupid
wobbling started to get banned
no ice climbers in socal were winning tournies but they still banned it.
your a *******
so your saying ice climbers have to be winning tournies for this **** to get banned
anything that prevents you from getting out should be banned and it takes one grab to determine who wins how stupid does that sound.

and if you live in east coast you dont have problem all they pick is snakes and meta knights

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Fly Amanita sure got close by abusing the **** out of that chaingrab. I'm pretty sure if he didn't have the chaingrab and still use Ice Climbers, he'd get his *** *****!

Danny is too good for posting this thread. I agree with you all the way Danny!

what connor said is so true

his **** wouldve got *****
good lookin out connor

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I see no reason why this should be allowed, in a few months as more and more noobs practice all day and night, more and more average-good players will fall victim to this ****. **** should be stopped before it gets too late. This is no different than wobbles and we don't need any more reasons to hate this game..

DanteFox

Smash Champion
no, this shouldn't be banned
1. it's avoidable, just don't get grabbed
2. it doesn't guarantee a victory
3. it looks ridiculously difficult (and entertaining at that)

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
1. Dont get grabbed?
-Wtf, are you dumb? Its brawl, its impossible not to get grabbed in this ****. The shield grab is ****en ridiculous.

2. No, but it sure makes it that much easier to win,

3. Difficulty shouldnt even be considered.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
no, this shouldn't be banned
1. it's avoidable, just don't get grabbed
2. it doesn't guarantee a victory
3. it looks ridiculously difficult (and entertaining at that)
those have to be the dumbest reasons why it shouldnt be banned
just for those reasons this **** should be banned this minute
youre a noob huh i can tell

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
as gay as this **** is......i still dont see the difference from wobbling.

this is the reason there are gay stages imo. and there will always be the truthful, but annoying "just pick ice climbers" arguement.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
ic r ****ing stupid period. having two charatcers in a fighting game is just dumb. It will just lead into problems. I hate to say it but its in the game and it shouldnt be banned. if people dont like then just dont play the game. i dont know why ic r even back ****ing stupid. Dantefox you are right, but the player must be really good then.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Umm... is everyone being sarcastic?

Only a ****** would ban their grabs.
(Xyro77 from Texas)

With characters like G&W and Metaknight, it is easy as HELL to not get grabbed by the brawl IC's, who can't wavedash. Are release grab infinites banned? Is DDD's infinite on Mario/Luigi/Bowser/Samus banned?

Those are easier to do than IC's alternate grabbing. Let me tell you guys this, I have mained IC's and practiced that stuff for hours, and it's still hard.

The two best IC players in Brawl right now, Hylian and VirtualVoid, both mess those grabs up a lot in matches. If you think it's so retardedly good that you should ban... you honestly aren't good enough at knowing how to beat the IC's to stop it.

"Not technical enough to not get grabbed."

Yeah? Well I can say that IC's are not technical enough to freaking get grabs in the first place! They can't wavedash anymore either, people. People with disjointed hitboxes, and higher tier characters like Snake and Rob are ****-hard to grab. IC's seemingly have no chance against them, even if we DO 0-death grab them... they still have the advantage.

Don't let your emotions get in the way, even when you're getting infinite'd. (Which will be rare, because not many people can do it anyway. Kudos to Fly Amanita for practicing it enough.)

If you guys ban it... the general consensus on the IC boards is that you're hurting yourselves. If you go to other tournaments that don't ban it, you will have trouble because you will lack experience in truly trying to avoid their grabs because you didn't fight any IC's who tried to infinite you... because it wasn't allowed in your tournament.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
Umm... is everyone being sarcastic?

Only a ****** would ban their grabs.
(Xyro77 from Texas)

With characters like G&W and Metaknight, it is easy as HELL to not get grabbed by the brawl IC's, who can't wavedash. Are release grab infinites banned? Is DDD's infinite on Mario/Luigi/Bowser/Samus banned?

Those are easier to do than IC's alternate grabbing. Let me tell you guys this, I have mained IC's and practiced that stuff for hours, and it's still hard.

The two best IC players in Brawl right now, Hylian and VirtualVoid, both mess those grabs up a lot in matches. If you think it's so retardedly good that you should ban... you honestly aren't good enough at knowing how to beat the IC's to stop it.

"Not technical enough to not get grabbed."

Yeah? Well I can say that IC's are not technical enough to freaking get grabs in the first place! They can't wavedash anymore either, people. People with disjointed hitboxes, and higher tier characters like Snake and Rob are ****-hard to grab. IC's seemingly have no chance against them, even if we DO 0-death grab them... they still have the advantage.

Don't let your emotions get in the way, even when you're getting infinite'd. (Which will be rare, because not many people can do it anyway. Kudos to Fly Amanita for practicing it enough.)

If you guys ban it... the general consensus on the IC boards is that you're hurting yourselves. If you go to other tournaments that don't ban it, you will have trouble because you will lack experience in truly trying to avoid their grabs because you didn't fight any IC's who tried to infinite you... because it wasn't allowed in your tournament.
youre just sayin this **** cause you pick Ice climbers
noob just learn how to play with them without chain grabbing
stop getting pissy about it if youre good youll do fine without it.

and ddd's chaingrab is escapable its not like you can keep doing it.
and this Ice climbers chain grab is not that ****en hard its a pattern go look at the video and tell me if you dont see it
its not that ****en hard
once you got it down you got it down
and you mentioned two random *** IC to prove a point. you didnt prove ****
and brawl you cant even gimp people out its hard too so that means you have to get the Ice Climbers to high damage then kill them.
and all he has to do is grab you and if he fails you already have high damage from his attempt.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
...I think I know now that you are being sarcastic.

Worst arguments I've ever heard.

I give up.

I main Sheik, so I could care less if you guys ban it in your tournaments.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Cursing = better arguement

btw DDD's chaingrab isn't really escapable at all. It's pretty much DDD ****ing up, not you escaping.

they seriously need to stop giving middle schoolers open access to the internet now a days.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Choknater actually doesn't main IC in Brawl I believe. Even in Melee, he was one of the few Ice Climber players that DID NOT revolve his playstyle around chaingrabs / wobbling, so please don't say that he's getting "pissy" over this.

...I think I know now that you are being sarcastic.

Worst arguments I've ever heard.

I give up.

I main Sheik, so I could care less if you guys ban it in your tournaments.
"Couldn't care less."

Apparently there's a way to instantly break out of a grab, so if people master this, chaingrabs / infinites would become useless.

But even without infinites, Brawl still sucks.

mio

Smash Ace
CAOS, calm down dude. People should be able to have opinions without being scolded by you.

I think that once ICs start winning every tournament by using their chaingrabs, then we can start talking about banning the move. But then who's to say we shouldn't ban DDD's chaingrab, G&W's bair or MK's tornado? I think those moves are bull**** and require no skill when I play against them, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to deal with them and try to counter them. When's the last time ICs even made it to Top 5 in Socal?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

and ddd's chaingrab is escapable its not like you can keep doing it.
and this Ice climbers chain grab is not that ****en hard its a pattern go look at the video and tell me if you dont see it
its not that ****en hard
once you got it down you got it down
and you mentioned two random *** IC to prove a point. you didnt prove ****
and brawl you cant even gimp people out its hard too so that means you have to get the Ice Climbers to high damage then kill them.
and all he has to do is grab you and if he fails you already have high damage from his attempt.
I am sorry that you are bad at this game...and english.

Pretty much everything you have posted is false, so I am going to assume you are trolling.

ICS SULD BE BANNED GUYZ> THRE GRSBS DU DAMABE!

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The CGs are ridiculously easy. In the span of one hour I learned the timing on most mid-weight characters for B-Throw, F-Throw, and D-Throw chains. It is not difficult at all once you invest the time.

They shouldn't even be considered for banning until someone ***** with it in a major WC tournament, i.e. like when Wobbles killed at NCT2. Wobbles' ICs were good, but I don't think he would have done so well without wobbling.

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
I am sorry that you are bad at this game...and english.

Pretty much everything you have posted is false, so I am going to assume you are trolling.

ICS SULD BE BANNED GUYZ> THRE GRSBS DU DAMABE!
you're just pissed cause I called you a random IC....... LOL

and im proble better than you at this game.

anyways
why are people comparing this to ddd's chaingrabbing makes no sense.
It's way different

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
The only way it's different is if there isn't a wall for D3.

Either way, it's Brawl. You're allowed to be in the air forever, and to my knowledge you can't get grabbed in the air minus Koopa Klaw. Anything to speed this game up is helpful. Pick ROB and d-smash.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
you're just pissed cause I called you a random IC....... LOL

and im proble better than you at this game.

anyways
why are people comparing this to ddd's chaingrabbing makes no sense.
It's way different
You are right.

You are definitly better then me.

Sorry for arguing with you. It's obvious I don't know nearly as much about smash as you.

Carry on with your amazing skills and knowledge.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
Cursing = better arguement

btw DDD's chaingrab isn't really escapable at all. It's pretty much DDD ****ing up, not you escaping.

they seriously need to stop giving middle schoolers open access to the internet now a days.
Ummm, its escapable if you DI towards the edge of the stage. Good **** though for trying to sound smart.

Saying it shouldnt be banned until it someone wins with it is not a good reason. It should be banned because it keeps your from moving. With the DDD chain throw you can DI to the end of the stage and get out of it not like the ICs where youre stuck in place. Chaingrabbing against a wall Id say is okay, similar to Foxs shine in pokemon stadium in melee; just dont get near a wall. But until it doesnt happen to you, I guess you fail to see how gay it truly is. I say this **** is way worse than wobbling.

I mean, the wobbles is banned in a majority of tournaments, in socal anyways, so why not this too?

SENG

Smash Journeyman
well i remember playing an IC at UCLA and he did the grab on me. I just button mashed like crazy and i got out it. I remember my friend telling me after i got out of it cuz he messed up. But on the second match on the last stock he didn't mess up and i was about to die. I never tried it so idk how hard it is but it doesnt seem that crazy easy.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
they banned Ice Climbers

were not banning IC we think chain grab should be banned thats a big difference
This is a common misconception, and I don't know why. Xyro77, the host of the main Texas tournaments, banned the Infinite CG, NOT the Ice Climbers. Hylian still plays Ice Climbers, he just will not be using the infinite.

araknophobik

Smash Master
wow at hylian making a comparison of himself to m2k in his sig. lmao

i agree with darklink, we don't need any more reasons to hate the game than we already have. there is no l-canceling to prevent getting grabbed like there was in melee, thus it is far worse.

and you ic players in here defending it sound like you dont use it cuz its "hard" but you should see fly aminita, that ***** is relentless.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I think Wario's fart is gay and should be banned.
Snake as a character takes barely any skill to be pretty good he should be banned. He's more broken than this chain grab.
Metaknight's tornado should be banned too, that doesn't take much skill and its broken too.

Why stop at the chain grab? Lets just ban everything that makes us lose a match while we are at it. Heck, Dedede's chain grab is WAYYYY EASIER TO DO THAN THIS! Luigi - DDD can infinite chain grab about 10 characters in the game. And if there is a wall he can infinite anyone.

I don't think this should be banned for the same reason Metaknight's tornado shouldn't be banned. Both you can't do **** about, (eccept with certain characters with certain moves) but that's the game and if it isn't stalling and if that character isn't winning every tournament than there are ways around it.

Basically I'm all for banning this if we also ban:

-Snake
-Metaknight's Tornado
-DDD's chaingrab
-Marth's infinite on Ness that takes even less skill than this

protip: Peach still counters ICs. Personally I think its even easier now because IC can't wavedash, so if you have moves that push him away when he shields them, or if you can space your moves, he can't grab you like he could before by wavedashing into the grab. I find this makes the matchup way easier than it was in Melee, I literally can't get grabbed by IC just by floating, down air, , repeat over and over. Land behind him and downsmash. If you hate the matchup learn her or olimar.

Charoo

Smash Champion
the best char. vs ics is olimar. The best counter stage is yoshi's island. Not even lying

CAOS

Smash Journeyman
You are right.

You are definitly better then me.

Sorry for arguing with you. It's obvious I don't know nearly as much about smash as you.

Carry on with your amazing skills and knowledge.
stop acting like your something big, calm the F#ck down
comparing yourself to m2k in your sig.
who the hell made this guys ego so big.

BIGGEST JOKE
thats all i got to say

^_^

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
port town aero drive FTW

and by the way danimals you are looking like a big doosh bag right now.

i agree hylian looks like he has an ego or w/e.....but stop crying about this cause its probly not gonna get banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom