• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shrink's View/Guide on Olly in Doubles

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I noticed that a post about Olly in doubles has finally arisen and I think that its time that this topic get fully discussed in a proper environment. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now and I'll update this post for the next week or two with items including strats, videos, and ideas.

What I'm looking for from the community is an open ended view of what Olly can be in doubles, not simply what we already know. For a few ground rules - I'm looking at doubles for what it is viewed as by the competative community - meaning team attack is ON. Therefore, many of these strats deal with the idea that Olly can and will hurt his teammate when mistakes are made. So here we go.

Topic 1: The differences between singles and doubles for an olly

A) The first and most obvious difference is that latch is not nearly as useful as it is in singles. This is very important to note though that latch should not be discarded...ever. White pikmin should still be thrown, purples still work for recovery, and you can still do a boatload of damage from a distance. However, discretion is needed across the board for this attack and all olly players should be aware of this before embarking into doubles. The biggest advantage to latch that I have seen through personal experience is still occupying time. If your opponent hits your teammate off of the ledge and is watching him...there should be punishment in the form of pikmin being thrown at his back to occupy time and to inflict free damage.

B) Olly should not be what I refer to as the leader of the team. Olly is in the position of support. The basic concept is that doubles should not be two different singles matches taking place at one time. If you hit your opponent across the stage, your opponent should react accordingly and visa versa. Now the support role of a doubles team means that you come in for quick kills and also are the one that is trying to hold your opponent for your teammate to hit. Two quick important things to remember here, Olly has 4 very effective kill moves - 1) Upsmash sweetspot with red, yellow, purple 2) Downsmash - especially on sweetspot with all but white. 3) Upthrow with purple and 4) Back throw with blue. These moves should all be saved until one of the opponents are above 100 damage. Then you should stop your current fight and look for a quick kill move. Now with holding opponents for your teammate, remember that white, red, and yellow do area damage when you hit them during a grab, so keep track of what pikmin you did the grab with to know if you should hit your opponent and when, otherwise, simply wait for your teammate to do their move.

C) Recovery - lets face it, Olly's recovery is bad, you know it, I know it, we all know it. This is vital: DO NOT FORGET THIS. Every time you are hit off the edge, let your teammate know, every single time. If you get hit off, they should immediately engage the person that is closest to the edge to prevent edgehogging. This also means that you as an Olly player have a responsibility to keep track of your purple pikmin and stay off the edge doing stupid things(Mostly a tip for myself). Something to note here is as well is to never have two tethering opponents off the stage at the same time if possible - I don't like them on the same team but that's my opinion. Now if possible - recovery's should be done mostly higher above the stage to avoid spiking and just to avoid extended ledgegame all together...IF you are hanging on the edge, your teammate is fighting two people at once, remember that.

D) This goes to almost every character but I don't think its a bad thing to say - after you kill one of the opponets, two things should immediately happen. Firstly, you should tell your teammate. Secondly, a two on one should be initiated asap. Talk this process out beforehand with your teammate. For example, my current teammate is a Jiggly player and after one person dies, I go for a grab, while my teammate goes for sleep...every single time, and if that changes, this process should be talked through (have you noticed communication is a big theme for me :D)

More could be added here - post your opinions on this in the forum below!!

Topic 2: Basic Strats in Doubles that work with an Olly on your team

I think its important to note here that this part is different for each team, but I feel there is no reason to not have something planned out beforehand - especially - what your plan of attack is for the beginning of each match, what characters you plan to target, plan for when one opponent dies, life stealing, and endgame in a 2v1 situation.

A) Do not "split the stage". Olly needs assistance for his recovery in doubles, that's why its vital to not do the casual strat of having two singles matches going on at once. There needs to be a large amount of teamwork going on here, especially when Olly goes off the stage. My teammate and I prefer the "back to back" ideal. The goal is to have the stage break down similar to this: The x's being your opponents, y being your teammate and O being Olly

___X_____________Y___________O___________X________

Now, needless to say, this can be switched around at discretion but the reasoning for this is simple. If you or your teammate hits your opponent off stage, you can easily move to the other side, and most specifically, lets say the Olly player in the above scenerio hits his opponent left. What should immediately take place is the teammate one should head through his opponent to engage in edgegame and try to get the kill. The Olly player should go for Opponent 1 - with latch!! Aha!! Latch is useful in doubles :D. Each situation is different but you have the ability to set this scenerio up many many times in doubles if you are looking for it. This prevents 2v1 situations and allows switchoffs at will.

B) This is a repeat of 2 earlier ideas but simply - talk through how each game should start - I've found that on most stages, Olly is in range for a dash grab right as the game begins, therefore, rather than pikmin plucking as the game starts, maybe a dash grab, maybe a fair. But think this through to give your opponents something unusual to be prepared for. Also - for the grab game - remember that red, yellow, and white do an area of effect damage while you pummel during a grab. Therefore, if your teammate is near, you will hurt them too...keep an eye out for this.

C Make sure to keep track of your matchups...don't try to take on a Pikachu when you have the option of fighting a Marth...One of the reasons, I love having olly on a team is that he matches well up against some stronger characters - he fights Snake better than most characters, and he matches well up against team powerhouses Marth, Ike, DDD and so on, but that is a list that could be found somewhere else. Just remember to watch your matchups.

Also, more may be added later this week.

Topic 3: Good and Bad Teammates for Olly

This is my opinion - if you have an opinion on this matter, then by all means post in this forum...there will be no belittling here and I know that some of my opinions will be different that most, but hey, that's what the forums are for!

A) Good Teammates

If you read of the beginning of this forum, you will remember I listed Olly as a great support player in doubles, therefore, you will notice a theme. I think Olly matches up well with players who are fast moving, powerful, and good at comboing. He also can really make up for a lack of ability to kill characters if he saves his kill moves which brings us to our first teammate who is a great player with Olly:

Marth -
was this ever in question? Marth's ability to combo, keep spacing, and protect the edge fit the bill of everything that Olly is looking for in a teammate. He also allows Olly to have no need to go off the stage b/c Marth can do it for him easily - he can also make up huge deficits with quick spikes and tips...If you have the chance of a Marth/Olly team, take it.

Jigglypuff
- My current teammate and I have to tell you, this is a surprisingly difficult team to fight. Jiggly can chase Olly off the edge to save botched recoveries, Jiggly can sleep at will is this game and not be killed, and rollout is a great move for when Olly is holding someone. Also - no one knows how to approach this team, very often you get surprise in the first match and its very easy to win while the other team tries to adjust.

MetaKnight - This isn't my favorite matchup b/c MK has the ability to kill olly on accident with his recovery, but otherwise, a very hard group to fight...MK doesn't have to save his Dsmash which makes him really really hard to fight, and Olly simply finishing all of the kills in this matchup...the stats usually read: 6 kills olly and MK has over 500 damage.

Donkey Kong
- Good matchup here but remember that your have to keep your spacing on the DK smashes and neutral b. Nothing really else to say, but the sharp contrasts here work really well together.

Lucario
-
in my experience, lucario+oli work quite well. lucario not only survives to ridiculous %'s with good DI, but his combo ability and ability to build damage fast is too good. plus a weak aura sphere can be sent to give you your up b back. oli is there to kill mostly since lucario has some trouble with that unless he's at 200%
Game and Watch -
I've tried an Oli/ G&W combo and found it pretty effective.. Here's a few reasons why..

* G&W can save your recovery by blowing you upwards with his U-air.. (situational but effective)
* Combos such as a well timed U-air by Oli and a credit card or turtle by G&W can rack up some serious dmg..
* Setups from Oli grabs throwing into a G&W key or flame..
* Flame and F-smash connecting an opponent at once..
* G&W has good mind games and great moves that can compliment Oli fairly well allowing him to control the mid whilst G&W keeps the sides well guarded to prevent Oli getting edged..

These are a few suggestions and some things i've seen work but unfortunately have no videos to prove.. :(
Captain Falcon -
Olimar and Captain Falcon have a good team.

They both have great airgame, good combos, nice teamwork

CF being the dominate role.

Olimar can use UAir combo'ed with CF's FAir which has KO potential

Grab + Falcon Punch on mid percents is HAWT!

CF can also use his Up B on Olimar for a little boost on mid percents.

Other Notables: Ike, Luigi, Mario, Peach, Wario and Fox - the rest of this is very much open for discussion.

Bad Teammates

The theme here is that Olly has trouble with a standstill teammate or a player who is looking for the same things that Olly looks for in a good teammate.

Also open for discussion.

Pit, DDD, Snake, Falco, PT, Samus, Zamus, Link, Tink, and Zelda.

Snake

Dr. Hyde disagrees with me on the point about snake - here's what he had to say - and he knows what he's talking about!

I personally prefer Snake, I know Falco prefers the air but lets leave him out of this.

Few reasons for Snake on a team.

Heavy, explosives, amazing strength and projectiles and mine games.

Some tactics I like is that Mortar Sliding allows for both Snake to get out of the gate fast and split up. But it also lets you force an opponent into a direction you want, i.e. snake slides and jumps toward them with a Back air and misses but you have an up smash waiting.

Grab game with Snake is ridiculous, grab down throw lets them choose their poison. They roll they are going be killed via tech chase.

Example
T
________O____V_S_____

V=Victim
T=Victim's Teammate
S is for Snake and O is for Oli Oli O!!!

So Snake sets them down from the grab.
1a) Attacks so Snake Regrabs and/or you Up Smash
1b) normal get up and gets grabbed, feed him to the pikmin its time to latch
2) V rolls away and Snake Tech chases and you attack the opponent.
3) Rolls toward you, Oli grabs and Snake RPGs

Assuming the teammate got knocked away or is recovering.

But one moment of loneliness is enough to score a kill. RPG is devastating and the Pikmin latch while some one is being held up with Snake is amazing. Because latching a white and one other and then setting them down is enough to make most people do a get up attack and you proceed to control the match.

C4 teammates! Hey it might seem stupid but it works really well, Especially if you catch some one and give them the C4. Getting some one stuck with C4 and Olimar's Up throw around 60% is about as good as Death, or just with Olimar doing an Up air.

Grenades and Mines are tough to follow but pay attention and you will be fine.

BTW fun combo from 0%
Oli grabs and up throws, Snake Short Hops Neutral Air, Olimar Up airs and Snake Charges up an Up smash. A seriously nasty comb I only got off once but great none the less.
You will notice that not all characters are listed, this is on purpose as some characters fit right into the middle...but once again, looking for discussion here.

There you have it, my opinions on Olly as a doubles partner...No I don't think he's the best teammate in the world, but I don't think that he should be forgotten...you just mostly have to think it through before embarking on the quest. Comment if you wish!!

Big P.S. - if you want me to place videos of your Olly in doubles here, I can do that, either put them in a comment, or pm them to me with permission. I will put up vids of my doubles team for examples of what I've been saying later next week.

Pit - We have another disagreement on my opinion - this one is by protoman - who made too effective of arguments to not be at least be on the front page - I still disagree with splitting the stage (see above) but protoman has his own take here.

In doubles I go with Pit. (speaking with Friendly Fire on)

Pit has great Smashses and racks up damage so very easily.

Working with Pit in doubles is all about the role of a strong supporter. Pit gets another characters damage up very fast so you just have to play your role. In the start of the match you should tilt, jab, and latch. Your smashes won't kill ye so if your using smashes it's just to rack up, which is key.

When the match starts to reach 100 and up %'s that is when your key role comes in effect. Your Kill mmoves come off way easier than a Pit's would in a doubles match. So your job is to take those kills. The Usmash as described by Shrink,the Purp, Yell, and Red U smashes especially when sweetspotted will get that job done. Even more efficient when Pit grabs and you get time to rearrange and USmash more efficiently.

Mind you the spacing is very important.
You want to be near your Partner but not near enough to hit them with an accidental latch or Smash something that looks like

______P__V___O____T__

P = Pit
O = Olimar
V = Opponent
T = Opponent

now as you know Olimar recovery IS NOT GOOD. and with Pit everything is so much easier. Pit will rarely ever need the ledge. If you both get knocked off stage and you grab one ledge pit can easily come back to the stage, or they could glide to the other side and grab that ledge.

At mid percents if needed pit can blow Olimar upward with his UAir allowing for better recovery aand an easier to getting back on stage.
yes The amin damage dealer would be Pit and you are right in saying that his ground game is not as strong as his air game. but Pit has pretty solid gorund game, solid enough that I can cme in Latch, Jab, Tilt and Smash as I please. but this pair goes really well throwing in Crunch's throws. Pit can rack damage up at a fast rate as i stated before so it's alright to assist and come in for kills as you see fit. The Splitting the stage may not work for all doubles yes, but for this pair it's really ideal. because Pit is good in the air it allows him to focus his air game on people without me getting in the way. Usally as they do their ground game which i said with pit's tilts and smashes is pretty darned good, or he takes advantage of the air.

The split stage allows me to Smash, grab , and Latch as I see fit (usually focusing on the player with the higher damage) Without getting in his way or accidentaly latching him or ending up putting him in a grab (has happened before with hilarious results... we lost).
Maybe splitting the stage with you presents a risk because of a possible 2 on 1 since either you ro Pit is in the middle but it actually works really well. Usually enemy 1 or 2 is usually too tied up with their going ons to stop and try to 2 on 1, and if they do they would have to communicate which would then be averted. but with Pit and Crunch I can grab and throw down or towrds him. The Dthrow is usually followed by a short hopped Fmash towards Pit or just a regualr grab towards them with me chasing . This way we can initiate a short 2 on 1 beofre their partner intervenes.

hope this clarifys, I really want this to be on the front page lol.

Videos -

Team Eb's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGq7Xc8e1LE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QM81dLeStQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQaK5uacUAo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggmC6-Ng1ZI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsAjr6d0V1s

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Great post. I'll read it completely when I wake up, way too late here in Europe. Gotta say I'm a fan of you though :D.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Great post. I'll read it completely when I wake up, way too late here in Europe. Gotta say I'm a fan of you though :D.
Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say...I hope you enjoy it :D

What about 2 Olimars? Me and Jarri are currently doing doubles both as Olimar.
I thought about this for a long long time today, and I had read about this team and your team specifically. My personal opinion would be to say that this team would be just awful. But I've heard of your success though the other forum and I thought I would leave it up to discussion.

Pros- really hard to keep track of two olly - confusion would be helpful - great grab combos, both characters can kill at 100% - good edgeguardings

Cons - really hard to keep track of :D - it goes both ways - No pikmin latch would really be used, one of the Olly's would have to be more aggressive than would be normally recommended, bad matchups could easily be created - Pikachu/Marth team...ewwww...:p, finally - Edgehogging (nuff said)...

But I left it open to hear what you have to say...I would put it in bad teammates but like I said, any team can work if its good for both teammates.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Usually we go for the 1v1 scenario. And in a 2v1 situation we have some pretty decent combos.

Edit: We have some videos of

1: An Oli double
2: A Tink and Oli combo.

But were having a few troubles getting them onto the internet because neither of us have SD cards

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Usually we go for the 1v1 scenario. And in a 2v1 situation we have some pretty decent combos.
Like I said in the guide, When you try and split the stage, it seems like to are asking for good teams to just rip you apart...that's really how my marth/pit lost 95% of the time. However, when I get back up the school, I'll talk to a couple other olly players and see what they think - if True is lurking anywhere, he would actually be a very good person to ask about this team.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, we have been working on team combos. We have been kinda going for a defensive offense (if that makes sense) we hit one of them away and team the other.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
I think my mum might have an SD Card Oli, I'll try to find that one and then you can send me those vids and I'll upload them ;).

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
What's your oppinion on an Oli/Luigi combo? Just curious...
I wouldn't think to high of Oli/Luigi Combo. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. But hey, ask the experts, not me!

Double Olimar Combo=Pikstorm :D

What about Samus+Olimar? While Samus charges her weapons (presumably B or spam Side-B) Olimar can cover her, flinging all Pikmin (except Falcon Pikmin :D:D:D) as sacrificial meat shields to delay the enemy (?)

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Protegos, Oli?

Anyway, I have found a reason why an Olimar-team should work... Olimar seems to be made to fight another Olimar. If you take a look at his attacks, (almost all) his attacks shake of latched Pikmin. This way an Olimar-team could throw Pikmin (but not simultaneously), because if the other player is attacking someone off the other team he shakes off the Pikmin rightaway anyway.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Protegos, Oli?

Anyway, I have found a reason why an Olimar-team should work... Olimar seems to be made to fight another Olimar. If you take a look at his attacks, (almost all) his attacks shake of latched Pikmin. This way an Olimar-team could throw Pikmin (but not simultaneously), because if the other player is attacking someone off the other team he shakes off the Pikmin rightaway anyway.

Mmm good point...apart from confusion of pikmin, an Olimar-team would do very well together.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Protegos, Oli?

Yes, Protegos

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
K i'll answer a couple of questions here

Olly/Luigi - This is a very good team...the only negative of this team is movement speed - I have lost online to Woot Woot Wixom which was an Olly/Luigi team and we lost b/c of levels but they fought very very well on a Marth/Pit team

Olly/Samus - Awful - You are putting Olly in the position of main damage dealer and that is not the correct role for him...it could work...but I think there are better options out there.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Protegos, Oli?

Man, I have been thinking about this for a couple days now and the one question that still lingers in my mind is recovery...if you are both off of the same edge...how do you recover? This isn't a question of an olly/olly team as its a question of can a double tether team work long term??? My gut tell me no, but I wouldn't be very surprised at all if you were able to prove me wrong.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Man, I have been thinking about this for a couple days now and the one question that still lingers in my mind is recovery...if you are both off of the same edge...how do you recover? This isn't a question of an olly/olly team as its a question of can a double tether team work long term??? My gut tell me no, but I wouldn't be very surprised at all if you were able to prove me wrong.
You have a very valid point mate that is probably one of the weaknesses that an Olimar team have to face.

But you can do so many things with an Olimar pair! Examples:

Fighting retreat: On a large stage (say Hyrule) if both Olimar players are on high percentage, one can fall back and 'reload' Pikmin while one can fire all 6 Pikmin. They alternate turns.

If one Olimar is in trouble, one can cover another by Pikmin spamming.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Mhm, it just has to do with agreements then. When me and Oli play, it's usually me that goes for the straight recovery and edge-attack and Oli that waits until I have recovered. I don't think we've encountered any problems with this already, have we Oli?

asob4

Smash Champion
in my experience, lucario+oli work quite well. lucario not only survives to ridiculous %'s with good DI, but his combo ability and ability to build damage fast is too good. plus a weak aura sphere can be sent to give you your up b back. oli is there to kill mostly since lucario has some trouble with that unless he's at 200%

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
You know what?? I agree very much on this one...I'm gonna take this post and quote it up to the top of the page in guide matchups

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
just a side note: like I promise, some vids are going up now of my doubles team, and some glitches/exploits I found should be up tomorrow!

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Pfft,

Does Oli work well with slow characters? i.e Ike DDD Bowser Ganondorf.
In my experiences, No...Olly thrives on fighting these characters by leading them into grab combos and using their size to use latch. The biggest problem though with them being on your team is mobility. You want olly's teammate to move across the stage quickly so Olly can stay somewhat in the middle, a bowser or similar characters are unable to do that and make the team very difficult to manage.

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
If anyone has saved replays, but have no means of uploading them onto the internet, please send the files to me. :) I will use my Gamebridge to capture your fights and upload them onto YouTube, so everyone can watch them. Also, I think I've pretty much perfected my capturing/compressing method, so you'll get the highest quality footage.

Please send me a private message if you would like me to capture and upload your replays onto the internet.

Back on topic. I'm utterly surprised at how good Jigglypuff and Olimar are, as a team. I never thought that such a team could work, but it does. Jigglypuff has a very strong air game. She can pressure opponents off the stage quite easily, and she has a great edge game to follow through. Jigglypuff's rollout is also a pretty good KO move. On the other hand, Olimar can rack up damage very quickly, and he also has a slew of KO moves.

Shrink, I'm glad that you emphasized Olimar's position in team battles. I totally agree that Olimar should always play a supportive role, rather than a dominant one. This is what confuses me, in your Jigglypuff and Olimar team. Since Olimar is the support, that makes Jigglypuff the dominant one. I never thought Jigglypuff could be a dominant character, but it actually makes sense now. Olimar can hit opponents off of the stage, but he can't follow through with a powerful edge game like Jigglypuff can. They really do compliment each other.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
If anyone has saved replays, but have no means of uploading them onto the internet, please send the files to me. :) I will use my Gamebridge to capture your fights and upload them onto YouTube, so everyone can watch them. Also, I think I've pretty much perfected my capturing/compressing method, so you'll get the highest quality footage.

Please send me a private message if you would like me to capture and upload your replays onto the internet.

Back on topic. I'm utterly surprised at how good Jigglypuff and Olimar are, as a team. I never thought that such a team could work, but it does. Jigglypuff has a very strong air game. She can pressure opponents off the stage quite easily, and she has a great edge game to follow through. Jigglypuff's rollout is also a pretty good KO move. On the other hand, Olimar can rack up damage very quickly, and he also has a slew of KO moves.

Shrink, I'm glad that you emphasized Olimar's position in team battles. I totally agree that Olimar should always play a supportive role, rather than a dominant one. This is what confuses me, in your Jigglypuff and Olimar team. Since Olimar is the support, that makes Jigglypuff the dominant one. I never thought Jigglypuff could be a dominant character, but it actually makes sense now. Olimar can hit opponents off of the stage, but he can't follow through with a powerful edge game like Jigglypuff can. They really do compliment each other.
Its even nicer in the specific teammate that I have right now (and this shouldn't be ignored) is that I have a teammate who is unable to play the support role - too much retreating for him. Therefore, I take the "hit" and get less kills in the game, however, it is working perfectly. The really cool thing is that a MK/Marth team is the worst matchup we could come across and we get to practice on them all of the time and this team we are playing beat us at the last tourney we were at, so good news all around.

BTW - lols at your plug for your gamebridge...make me laugh :D

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
I've tried an Oli/ G&W combo and found it pretty effective.. Here's a few reasons why..

* G&W can save your recovery by blowing you upwards with his U-air.. (situational but effective)
* Combos such as a well timed U-air by Oli and a credit card or turtle by G&W can rack up some serious dmg..
* Setups from Oli grabs throwing into a G&W key or flame..
* Flame and F-smash connecting an opponent at once..
* G&W has good mind games and great moves that can compliment Oli fairly well allowing him to control the mid whilst G&W keeps the sides well guarded to prevent Oli getting edged..

These are a few suggestions and some things i've seen work but unfortunately have no videos to prove.. :(

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Olimar and Captain Falcon have a good team.

They both have great airgame, good combos, nice teamwork

CF being the dominate role.

Olimar can use UAir combo'ed with CF's FAir which has KO potential

Grab + Falcon Punch on mid percents is HAWT!

CF can also use his Up B on Olimar for a little boost on mid percents.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
just throwing this out there, if you're teamed up with kirby and he uses his final smash, you can mash your b button to feed the cauldron numerous amounts of pikmin, resulting in a ridiculous amount of items

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
what is everyone's opinion of a oli/zelda or oli/R.O.B team? my friend plays both of these and we're thinking that we'll team at the next tourny

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
what is everyone's opinion of a oli/zelda or oli/R.O.B team? my friend plays both of these and we're thinking that we'll team at the next tourny
I'll split these up.

Zelda - The character with the agility of a shopping cart but mad power. I put zelda in the same class as strong characters like bowser b/c of her pure strength. However, her din's fire is too good to ignore, and will cause the same problem associated with most range with olly matchups...olly in doubles needs to play the support role and zelda will thrust him into the main slaying role - a problem that will arise against good teams. However, if the zelda is willing to play more up close and personal, this team "could" work.

ROB - I hate ranged teammates with olly so I am biased. Once again, olly will be placed into 2v1 situations all over the map because ROB's range doesn't render an opponent useless. Therefore, this puts olly off the edge with really no assistance. Therefore, out of these options, I would pick Zelda.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
MK/Olly teams is ridiculously good, its almost unfair /wink
I don't even think we got down to one stock yesterday...that almost makes me want to go to the tourney just to **** kids with that team...i knew mk/olly would be good...but that was ridiculous. ;)

Top Bottom