• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl tournament is in this thread

Linguini

Smash Master
let us know if this is actually going down asap, i might have plans that sat but i would lilke to attend this.I gotta cancel my plans at least a week before if this happens.

weazzy

Smash Rookie
yooo I'm new to the forums and I was planning on attending with some friends but I got class that monday at 11am?? Why on a monday??

Nevermind just read the previous post.
hehe Thanks!

Make it happen, Never played in a tourney but I think I'm pretty good. I've actually seen many of you play while I study in the tables behind you guys hehe.

Lets see how it goes, I'll be keeping an eye on these forums.

Galeon

Smash Ace
yooo I'm new to the forums and I was planning on attending with some friends but I got class that monday at 11am?? Why on a monday??

Nevermind just read the previous post.
hehe Thanks!

Make it happen, Never played in a tourney but I think I'm pretty good. I've actually seen many of you play while I study in the tables behind you guys hehe.

Lets see how it goes, I'll be keeping an eye on these forums.
awesome. glad you found smashboards, man

nevershootme

Smash Master
Here are some minor updates as posted on the 1st page. So far, June 7th is good to go until then... A SATURDAY

I've spoken to the person who works at the game room, so I'll be heading to a meeting to discuss plans and promotion.

There will be a consent form for those who are not FIU Students and still want to participate in the tourney. Things are gonna be worked out as time moves on... But sorry, It's not my fault, it's just the upper head of the center is enforcing it...

I'll also do my best to get giveaways from a local club at the school as a sort of constellation prize for coming. Posters, movie tickets, pens, whatever I can get..

EDIT: I need some sort of agreement on the stages... Cuz I'll leave it as is, unless there's a consensus that I should ban the others...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I live right near FIU, in fact I'm entering in Fall. Although, price is kind of steep. My brother wants to go as well, and we use the same cash, so 7+13+7+13+10+10=$60, and no allowance and I won't get a job until the school year ends. Might as well just enter doubles. That's about $34.

Hopefully Brawl is not horribly boring in tournaments. As I'm 17 and my brother 15, our parents have to attend I guess, but they have to pay entry too? Them just having to stay makes it a maybe...parking and they don't like videogames.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I live right near FIU, in fact I'm entering in Fall. Although, price is kind of steep. My brother wants to go as well, and we use the same cash, so 7+13+7+13+10+10=$60, and no allowance and I won't get a job until the school year ends. Might as well just enter doubles. That's about $34.

Hopefully Brawl is not horribly boring in tournaments. As I'm 17 and my brother 15, our parents have to attend I guess, but they have to pay entry too? Them just having to stay makes it a maybe...parking and they don't like videogames.
since you live right near FIU, come to the Graham Center. There's a place called Gracies Grill and Game Room, there we play Brawl daily (and other games) and you can meet some of the players who have been competing in tournaments. The problem with the price is that a portion has to go to the Game Room staff and venue rental.. If your parents are coming, they would have to pay the entrance fee just for spectating, but they don't have to pay the tournament fee. or why not arrange your parents to pick you guys up and go home when you're done.

Brawl isn't really boring in tournaments, all it takes is come creativity and you're set.

As far as the tournament goes, Everyone will have to fill out a consent form regardless if you're an FIU student or not (excuse me if i already mentioned it) when coming to the tournament. It's a odd policy.

Also, Stages are still there as listed and if you want, I'll yank all the counterpicks and leave it with 4-5 neutral stages (lylat is debatable)... Also, I'm on the crap-end of marketing and promoting the tourney... so something should come up at some point

Superstar

Smash Champion
- All minors should be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. FIU and the tournament staff are not responsible for minors.
If they could just drop us off, that'd be awesome, but the rules say they can't. I might be able to trick them that I'm 18 if they don't require my license, but my brother still looks like a little kid.

I asked my dad and he said its around a 20 minute drive. I might come on normal days, but do we have to pay a charge to enter the game room each time? If we do I could just wait until I start college this year and pay the student's activities fee, if its how my Calculus teacher says it is.

I like counterpicks... but if they are gone its ok. Banning Lylat Cruise would not be a good idea, even if its not 100% neutral.

I still need to learn how to drive, I'm too lazy.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Sweet, that's good, saves me $14. Yeah, if they go that'd be funny. Mostly its to drop me off unless they want to hang around the canvas.

Top Bottom