• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

game stop midnite tourney info on site.

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
The site now has a link to the midnight brawl tournament-the grand prize is a wii with a plasma tv and 5 grand.pretty sweet.

my comp wont open the link to participating stores tho.:ohwell:any one care to download it and post them?

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Sweet. My store's doing one. Hitting that one and cleaning it out, hell yes. Maybe playing Melee these past couple of months will have paid off a tiny bit. Aha.

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
Wow the Gamestop I work at's doing it too and I had no idea. And apparently's it's on March 8th too.....which is weird since the game's street dated so it's not allowed to be open 'till the next day.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
The prize sounds mighty delicious but I have absolutely no faith in winning this at all. I'm just going to sit home and quietly play the game or something. ;o

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Wow the Gamestop I work at's doing it too and I had no idea. And apparently's it's on March 8th too.....which is weird since the game's street dated so it's not allowed to be open 'till the next day.
My guess is that they'll be using a 'demo' for the Tournament. Only thing I can think of, unless your Nintendo Rep gave them the OK to use an actual copy solely for the Tournament/store use.

D

Deleted member

I'm definitely going to enter. It seems every GameStop I have ever been to is participating. The best part is it says no purchase required to enter or win, since I'm getting my Brawl from somewhere else.

What are the rules?
What time does it start?
What are the smaller prizes?
What are the controller options?

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, store in my town is having one and I get to play brawl next week so I'll have more practice than everyone else near me.

Kruton

Smash Ace
There's four places near me having this...****, I hate choosing.

Sl1t said:
is this a melee or brawl tourny?
If you clicked the link, you'd know, wouldn't you?

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
It said Midnight Launch which is weird since we normally close down the store at regular closing time and don't open up again until midnight to sell the game. It wouldn't be at midnight because the people working there want to sell the game and leave as quickly as possible so we can go home and play the game ourselves/sleep. I really need to ask my manager about this.

the656

Smash Journeyman
theres one in hamden hopefully i will do well in this tournament unlike all the other tournaments i go to

Kruton

Smash Ace
It would make sense to START the tourney at 8pm, so things would probably wrap up around midnight.

I hope this tourney isn't limited to the starting roster, I won't be able to play Snake. >.<

Oh well, I was pretty **** with Diddy yesterday, so I'm no TOO worried.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres so many differ stores i can go to lol. now to think of the one with the least amount of competition and sweep it like i did with the gamestop pokemon tourney last summer.

Kruton

Smash Ace
theres so many differ stores i can go to lol. now to think of the one with the least amount of competition and sweep it like i did with the gamestop pokemon tourney last summer.

Yeah, I'm just trying to think of which store will have the biggest nubcakes haha

It won't matter too much, because I'm sure I will be going with three other people that I have been Brawling with for almost a month now, and we would all eventually have to eliminate eachother for 1st =/

D

Deleted member

If I don't win my store's tournament I would be pretty pissed. I doubt I could win it all but I think I'm good enough to at least make it to district finals.

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
Sweet, my local Gamestop is on the list.

I'll think I'll give it a go. It would be a way to kill time while I'm I'm waiting for midnight.

I probably won't stand a change, but my goal is to have fun.

I hope I see some people I know...

*does a happy dance*

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Few questions for anyone in the know..

1. Is the tourney really taking place exactly at midnight? I really can't see this going down.

2. If it isn't at midnight, but rather starts at 8 or something, would people not participating be able to go and pick up their copy?

I may or may not enter, but even if I don't it would be sweet to be able to get my copy earlier.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
I already knew that my store was holding it. Nice to know that at least six (don't know if there are more stores) in Tucson are having it.

Also, I can't seem to find the rules anywhere....

Top Bottom